• Published 30th Sep 2014
  • 667 Views, 14 Comments

Noxiel's Rêverie - SaulLaski



Noxiel, the Angel of the Night, is thrown in Equestria with a new assignement. Make some friends? No. He has to fix his mistakes, or the whole multiverse might just get blown up. By himself.

  • ...
9
 14
 667

Forte Crescendo

Noxiel’s Utopia
Chapter 3 : Forte Crescendo



I came to my senses again, surrounded by the same greyish-green walls of a sick hospital.
That’s it. They found me rambling around in the streets again, and they’ll intern me for sure this time. No more ‘’i work for the church’’ joker cards available. They had the queen and king in hand, as i had only a foolish ace. What was that cards reference just now? Another point on their side. Fuck.


‘’Hon, you awake yet?’’


That familiar southern accent. Those brilliant red hairs already came to my mind, their sweet cider aroma flying to my nose. Those vibrant green eyes already over-taking my mind.


‘’Hon? Girls, i think it’s time for us to strike him again. It might fix him.’’


‘’Make way for the lead pipe!’’


My eyes shot open, even wider. ‘’No! I’m all right! See, i speak! I must be fine! Please, no more azylum, no more psychoward! I’m all right! Just another human living peacefully! A therapy will be enou-‘’


I was cutted down in my speech by a purple hoof. ‘’Girls, calm down. And you too, young colt. You seem like you’ve been through one heck of a nightmare.’’


I smiled up as she removed the hoof from my wide mouth. Too wide. Please god, have i showed that toothy grin again? Judging by their faces, yes. They must be afraid.


‘’Hum… Yeah. Nightmare. That’s the case. I’ve been through a nightmare. Sorry. Hum… I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced.’’ I presented her my hoof. ‘’Noxiel, Angel of the night, bearer of Michael’s flame.’’


She looked at me with such puzzled eyes, even i couldn’t put the peices in her eyes together.
She coughed a bit.


‘’I’m huh… Twilight Sparkle, Town librarian, and student of Princess Celestia.’’


A pink one jumped between us. With such tight space, she must’ve shoved her friend aside. ‘’Hi! I’m Pinkie Pie! I love parties and making ponies laugh!’’ At that, a jet of streamers and confetti just bursted from her hair. ‘’Let’s be friends!’’


I chuckled. She sure was a laughstop, though a respectable one. ‘’Yeah.’’ I craned my neck a bit to see the others. Four other colorfull ponies. I was sick already.


‘’Pleased to meet you all. You can come closer, i don’t bite. At least, not since i changed my fighting stance.’’ They sure were far across the room, seeing such a random, yet magically powerfull from their standards, with ethereal, light-made wings.


The first one to gather enough courage to approach was the art project, with her rainbow-themed hair and light cyan coat.
‘’You Spy! What were you doing out there? And even i, a pegasus, know that earth ponies the likes of you, wings or not, ain’t able to perform such magic! Show your true self, Asshole!’’


I laughed. ‘’If you think that I am a Spy, then you never seen one from where i'm from. Else, i’d be pretty much an Archdemon playing with your lives, a jar of milk, and fire. No, little horse, i am from the other side : and technically, since i am here, and that you haven’t killed me yet, it must mean that i shall protect and serve you during my stay in your realm.’’


The purple one tried to mouth something, with a lot of surprise on her face. The only metaphor I could give would be, ‘there was that jar of suprise jam and she dropped the contents on her whole face, then cried for it was pretty sticky.’, and that would be innacurate. Anyways, another one beated her at ‘’the first one to say something game’.


‘’Well, they ain’t nothin’ like that here, sugarcube. I’m Applejack, By the way. Worker and owner at Sweet Apple Acres.’’


It was the southern-looking one. Her green eyes were the exact same color of Alex’s. And her hair at the same shine, too. But her rodeo/cowgirl attitude killed it all off.


‘’Enchanted. May i say, Applejack, you remember me someone i held dear, but never really had the chance to express my feelings to her. I’m not saying this with any back thoughts or anything, though, but if i call you Alexanne sometimes, don’t be surprised. Just make me snap out of my daydream if it happens.’’


She blushed a bit. What, was i remembering her someone too? The ivory coated, curly purple haired one approached a bit. She was blushing a bit too, though more at her Friend’s expense than by romance-influenced thoughts. I could feel it it her aura; it was as clear and pristine as her coat.


‘’Well well, Applejack, it seems you’ve got yourself another admirer!’’ She turned to me. ‘’Take a number and make the line, Noxiel, just like everyone else. Though, you’re the first one that’s obvious enough for her to understand it. It might give you a few extra points on her side, being honest like that.’’ She made a few steps towards me. ‘’You may call me Lady Rarity Thibetha Belle, fashionista extraordinaire! Mon cher, i must say, your ensemble sure isn’t lacking in style.’’


I presented her my hoof. ‘’Enchantée, mademoiselle Rarity. And yes, though theses mere combat garments are stylish, they’re nothing like my undercover suit. That is what i call haute couture back in my realm. I must show you someday, i’m sure you’ll get inspired by the cut of the coat; it was pretty avant-gardiste, as well as keeping enough classic in it to fit everywhere, giving enough presence, as well as fiting with the high-society without turning to many heads or taking someone else’s place. My only creation, though stitched by the expert hands of Dubuc, renowned coat tailor.’’



She looked at me with a weird look. Almost desiring, though… Anyways. It was positivve, so i didn’t complain. Seeing a wide, though reserved smile was her only answer as she shook my hoof, i turned towards the last one horse. A butter-yellow one with long, pink hair that flowed like a cascade, hiding half of her face. I swear i used to have a cut looking like that, though straighter, when i was undergoing my ‘dark phase in life’, back a few years ago. Though, she had this haircut with less shame than i used to have.


‘’And you, little one? Don’t be shy.’’ I took a low barritone voice, slightly enhancing it with a soothing light. ‘’You don’t need to fear me. You’re not the one i’m looking to confront here; with that cute face of yours, i just want to give you a hug, and- it sounded wrong, right? Sorry. I still am lacking manners, sometimes. Come closer, so i can see you clearly- no, that was wrong again. Shoot!’’ I exclaimed, throwing my hooves over me.


The only thing i saw was that kind, honest, generous smile emaning from under the hair curtain. It melted my icy heart a bit, and made me wish i wasn’t such a killing machine, just so that i could mouth a silent ‘’D’aww…’’ Shit. I think i really did say it. And judging by her ears perking up, she sure heard it.


‘’Thank you, Noxiel.’’


It was so quiet, i had luck hearing it. But it sure did warm my heart a bit.


Art poject flew over me. ‘’Hey you, don’t you get silly ideas about Fluttershy! If you ever do anything that upsets her, I’ll present you the lead pipe again.’’


I showed her a cocky grin. ‘’Don’t you worry, love isn’t for us, celestial creatures of the night. Our only interest is to bring joy and protect the higher races. We are nothing but tools here.’’


She smiled a bit, but refrained herself from showing it too much. Pride. ‘’Yeah, well, don’t you think you’ll ever be better than me, modest as you are. I’m sure i could beat you to anything with both my eyes closed.’’


Damn, had i much pride too. I couldn’t help but reply, ‘’Well, we shall see about that later, Art Project. If you beat me, i’ll grant you a miracle.’’


Her hears perked up a bit. ‘’Art Project? My Name is Rainbow Dash, greatest flyer in all of Equestria! We’ll race first thing in the morning, or are you still too sore from my awesome, fiercefull blow to the head?’’


I showed her the spot on my head where she hit me. ‘’Well, see for yourself. I was already fully healed before waking up earlier. You shouldn’t underestimate the first race, created to protect yours. I’d be surprised to see if you could keep up with my speed- though it isn’t my forte. Aim, Accuracy and agility are my kind of thing.’’


Twilight finally had the space to come up, almost screaming, ‘’What do you mean, ‘Other Realm’? What are you talking about? How can you use such advanced magic without breaking a sweat? And, more especially, get all of us warmed up to you when, two hours ago, we were so afraid? How is all of that even POSSIBLE?’’


I craned my neck again, raising myself a bit (taking a more seated-like position), and locked our eyes together as i said, ‘’As i just said to Art Project, don’t underestimate us. Though i am here alone with the night, we still are powerfull beings sent to get rid of the synthetic soul that might easilly change your home into a dead realm in a matter of years, if not months.’’ I added under my breath, slightly breaking eye contact, ‘’In other words, killing what i used to be. My own kin.’’


I shifted a bit, and descended from the bed from the opposite side of where Twilight was standing. ‘’Anyways. Must you want to follow me, i won’t complain, but i have an investigation to do.’’ I turned to see Twilight’s face, a sad expression of semi-anger.


I swallowed. Was i really going to leave them at that? I did promise a few things to two of them. I couldn’t simply go away, do my stuff and leave without racing Art Project, showing our fashion to Rarity, and explaining our magic to Twilight. I sighed. ‘’You know what? You seemed rushed to do something earlier, almost trampling me when i wanted to present myself. Maybe i should help you with that, fullfill my wanna-be promises and stick around a bit before doing my job and leaving?’’


The ivory white one took a step towards me, and turned herself to face me and her friends at the same time. ‘’Well, it would be nice to have a strong, handsome stallion with us as we venture into the everfree. I think i speak for all of us when i say that your company would be appreciated, for the least.’’


I hung my head a bit low at that statement. ‘’Gee, Strong and handsome? Others think my ways to fight are of a coward. First, being a ranged war-singer isn’t seen usually with the same class and pride as a melee one, but i am one that acts in subtelty, pulling the strings in the shadows. Litterally. I might be strong and handsome for a horse, but i was pretty slim and of a weak composure as a human. Anyways, you’ll get to see it yourselves if it really comes to that.’’


Twilight smiled. ‘’And, i- i mean we will have the chance to witness some foreign magic! Tell me, how does it work? Do you conjure it the same way we do with our horns? Are your spells made on a Jayna frame, or do you simply cast them as you’d throw a burst of magic, with directions? What abou-‘’ I cutted her off, quickly dashing to her using my wings. To their eye, i must’ve teleported or something, for they all looked at me almost in awe. I sighed.


‘’Listen, we’ll get to it later. If i have to, i’ll neglect my job tonight, and we could spend it together, talking about our different forms of magic. I have to confess, i’m a bit curious about your magic too. It might even help me to know how the telluric lines are coded here.’’


She looked at me, questions popping in her mind. I could tell by her widening eyes. She refrained herself from asking them promptly, and nodded. I then retired my hoof from her mouth. A shade of a smile made it’s way to her lips, and she added, ‘’I look forward to it.’’


‘’Alright then, it’s settled. We go do whatever you need to do in the everfree, then i go to fluttershy’s for a bit before meeting you back at that huge tree-house. Seems like a plan?’’


Both concerned ponies ascquiesced. Twilight then took the natural lead of the group with a cheerfull ‘’Let’s go!’’, and we followed suit.


*


We arrived in front of the only path leading into the forest. The same one i walked to get to this village. The dark, dead-looking trees made a natural arch over our heads as we went inside, Me and twilight leading the others.


‘’So, girls, is it your first time going in this forest? Or, should i say, first time having to fight for your lives?’’, i asked, looking behind to get their attention.


A crowded expression of simultaneous ‘no’s was my answer. ‘’Okay. Do you know how to defend yourselves?’’


Applejack nodded. ‘’With all my applebuckin’, i reckon my hind legs have more power than a bull’s headbutt.’’


Rainbow Dash leaped into the air, somehow doing a backflip. ‘’And i’m pretty fast, so my blows are hard enough to get through anything!’’


Twilight nodded. ‘’I know a few offensive spells, though i can’t cast them very swiftly.’’


Rarity surprised me by adding, ‘’I know a few moves of Karate that might get usefull, if confronted without the option to flee.’’


Pinkie bounced around and giggled. ‘’And I never leave home without my Party Cannon!’’


Fluttershy remained silent. Taking in the new info, i tried to come up with a new, more effective formation, as well as some kind of strategy when the ground shook a little. How Odd, it now held a familiar energy…


‘’What’s wrong, ‘Shy? Afraid of the Everfree? Wasn’t that like ya backyard or somethin’?’’, Applejack said, moving closer to her butter-yellow friend.


‘’I don’t know, i just feel… Unneasy. And yes, Afraid!’’, she exclaimed, hiding her face with her hooves. We all stopped and turned towards her, trying to calm her a bit.


Though, Rainbow Dash didn’t understand the ‘calm her a bit’ part of the impromptu, universally understood, never mentionned plan. ‘’Well, i understand, Flutters. You know, everypony who entered the Everfree…’’, she started, leaning forward while walking towards her friend, ‘’Has never… Came… OUT!’’, she almost yelled the last part of her sentence.


At the same time, the grass and rocky floor gave up under all of us.
I fell. Again. I looked around me, at the frightened faces of four ponies. Rainbow and fluttershy were still in the air, hovoering. I whistled to get their attention, still calm as the wind before a sudden tornado.


‘’Rainbow! Get Pinkie! Fluttershy, go to Rarity! I’ll take care of the othe-e-e-ers!’’

I slipped past Applejack and twilight, and felt the empty air giving up under me. Then, purple hindlegs stopping their course, instead of falling like me. Applejack must’ve catched her.


As for me, well, i was still falling. And no one came to help me.


Oh, for your information, wings made of Light weren’t really usefull when it came to flying. Without the appropriate preparation (wich took an hour at least), they were only there to keep the excess of energy flowing out of my body, while using it to feed my armor with new energy constantly. Bright, huh?


What was i doing again, before spacing out? Ah. I remember now. I was yelling.

Author's Note:

There. Third chapter in a week of production. If i keep this up, i'll be pooping chapters everyday!

a little reminder, this is all written in a one-shot. When i'll get tired of it, a real, worked up story will be in production. This one here story is, sadly, and will remain, some shit to help me vent. Taking out the story out of my head and helping me with my writing before i truly try myself at a real story, wich will be called Unity - Rêverie, in wich Noxiel might appear, but that will revolve more around another OC and the philosophy behind one's actions, one's looks, and one's mind. In short, a trilogy about madness, darkness, and politics.

thanks to you all who might read this story: even if it's crappy, it's there, and it'll maybe bloom in something bigger eventually. If it hits off, and that i keep having more and more ideas (i have chapter 11's main structure out already), i'll surely re-write the first chapters to make them appear more... Logic. And less shitty/rushed.


Have a good time on FimFiction you all, thanks again for reading, and comments are appreciated. They'll help re-construct the story and improve my ''enacting'' of the already existing characters from the show.