• Published 30th Sep 2014
  • 666 Views, 14 Comments

Noxiel's Rêverie - SaulLaski



Noxiel, the Angel of the Night, is thrown in Equestria with a new assignement. Make some friends? No. He has to fix his mistakes, or the whole multiverse might just get blown up. By himself.

  • ...
9
 14
 666

Awake... Or not?

Noxiel’s Utopia
Chapter two : Awake… Or not?


I awoke in my bed, back in my dark room.

I gazed at my alarm clock. 3 Pm. Why was it so… Dark?
I got up on my feet, my knees cracking with a content sound. I smiled, then cracked my fingers, elbows, shoulders, back, and then my toes. As i walked to the bathroom, i cracked my wrists.


I made a beeline for the mirror, and looked at my eyes. The dark pupil, surrounded by that familiar shade of dark-blue hue… But one thing was missing.


The yellow runic circle. My mana meter.


Panicked, i tried to conjure something. Anything. Nothing happened. Even my third vision was gone!
‘’No, no, no... Think, Noxie, Think!’’
Then,i remembered where my body should be. In Equus.
This should be a dream. This MUST be a dream. I couldn’t have became a regular human!


What happeneed back there? I tried to remember. The colorfull (and slightly annoying) ponies, my narcissism. The metalic pound on my head.


They couldn’t have killed me, no?


They can’t. I wasn’t going to be as weak as to get killed by a mere blow to the head. Or had i? The only other option would be… The council. They must’ve found my behavior not fitting for an angel.


‘’Nox Animae!’’


The night didn’t show herself. I should’ve known that.


‘’Damnit! Why is it always me? Why not Lelahel for a change!’’
Shitty god, was i so stupid. Lelahel! He must know something!


I took my cellphone out of my pocket. Have i slept with my clothes on? I took one of my guns, resting on my hips, while passing my call. I tried to shoot at the wall, but nothing came off from the barrel. Not even smoke.



Finally, he picked the line.

‘’Master! Why am i… Like this! I don’t have my wings anymore!’’


He cleared his throat. ‘’Good afternoon, Thomas. What the heck are you talking about? Wings?’’


My mind went blank. All that we shared. He was the one to get me out of drugs when i was young. The one that always supported me. I even created a tulpae, separated myself from her, only to give her to him, for they were in love. All of the pain i went through, all of the things i gave him. Money, love, attention, psychoanalyis, everything. He was my best friend. The equal of my father. He was the one i looked up to. The strong man in my life. All of it… Wasted. Gone.


The spell that made me human again, if it was a spell, also cleared his mind. It was the worst nightmare. It was hell.


‘’Thomas? Hello?’’


I gasped, taking back a breath i wasn’t taking. I almost suffocated in shock there. ‘’Mast- Lelah- Dave? How are ya, buddy? Wanna hang out?’’


I heard him sigh. ‘’Thomas. Have you taken drugs again? You know how hard it was to get you out of ‘em. I’m in the middle of something right now, but i’ll give it up. You seem to be… Sick, i dunno. Are you alright?’’


‘’Me? Oh yeah, i’m fine. Listen, stay where you are, don’t worry about me, i’m all good. I think i just got a way-to-realistic dream, that’s all.’’


He chuckled softly. ‘’You and your dreams. They always have the best of your mind. I’ll call you back this evening. Wanna go to our regular pub?’’


I smiled. At least, we’ll have some mead tonight. I’ll have the opportunity to understand what was going on then. ‘’Yeah. Let’s meet up at the bedondaine et bedon ronds at ten tonight. I’ll try to see if the sorcer- Kloé is available today, we need to chat a bit. See ya, friend.’’


‘’Yeah, see ya later. Don’t you take drugs again, asshole.’’ He laughed before hanging up.


I walked in my basement, unsure what to do. Everything was so dark. All of the windows were opened, the curtains too. Was it 3 AM or 3 PM? I went upstairs, and looked through the front door.


The sight was horrible. All of my neighbor’s houses were destroyed. Everything was in ruins. Only my house subsisted, as far as i could see. I walked silently outside, and took out my sword.


‘’Michael, bring me your flame.’’, i whispered. The sword remained in cold steel, the flame ignoring my call. I knew it wouldn’t work, but trying never killed anyone? Or it did. I don’t know.


Dark clouds hunged in the air, like pure sadness flowing from the heavens. St-Peter’s gate must be in havoc, too, it shouldn’t be so dark. As the wind blew, the moon revealed herself.


Pure dark. It was as if it took the light around it, to make herself visible. I swallowed a ball of sadness. The night was in a rampage. I never had her as an ally in this world-dimension-dream thingy. I coudn’t feel any energies around.


My shaking hands took out a cigarette, and the runny fingers reached to take out my zippo. All of my stones didn’t vibe, nothing happened as i tried to ignite the smoke. I took a regular lighter out and consumed the edge of the rolled tabacco, and inhaled.


The worst taste ever entered my mouth. Pure bliss came out as my dirty lungs exhaled themselves in a symphony.


‘’Thomas!’’



That voice. It was the night.



I shaked around, before stumbling on my knees. I felt as if poison just entered my body, and was destroying me.



‘’Thomas! Wake up!’’


Her delicious red hair flew in front of my face. I tried to feel them, but i couldn’t reach them, just like the images in a 3d movie. I saw her quivering lips approaching mine, and closed my eyes.


Death had the best of tastes. Especially when….


I woke up.


*


Everything was so blurry. The lights in my eyes didn’t vanish after blinking a few times.
I shutted them hard, only to focus on my third vision. I felt it coming back.
I let out a content sigh as i opened my eyes again. The familiar currents and flows of the Arcana, ever present, were a beautifull sight.


‘’A dream. Thank god, it was only a dream.’’


My cellphone rang loudly, forcing me to look around. It was resting on top of my clothes, minus my underwear and pants, though everything that were in the pockets were on top of the pile. That included my cellphone.


The soothing cello music that was my ringer oblidged my arm to take the damn loudy machine and pick the line up. I could only make a few noises, though a voice rose from their echo.


‘’thomas? Where are you? It’s been three days since we said we’d hang around at the pub! Fuck you man, you always choke on me when we’re supposed to meet up! At least Jay came around, or i would’ve looked like a complete retard! Now tell me, Where in the Fucking Fuck have you been?’’


I smiled. ‘’Good to hear you again, Former Master. I’ve been sent to another realm, to fix the synthetic souls mistake. Should not take long before i’m back.’’


The noises became dull, as the line broke. ‘’What… About? So-… Drugs?’’


Then, the cellphone died out. I knew i should’ve charged it before leaving Earth.
Though, something didn’t felt quite like Dave. He seemed… Odd. Maybe i was still dreaming.
Only one way to find out. I rose up to my feet, and noticed the glasses sitting on my nose. I kept them as i was sleeping? How unnatural.


I fell on my back. Damn Tail.
Wait, Tail?


I took a better look at myself. I was still so sleepy, i hadn’t noticed the hooves instead of my hands. And i’ve used my phone with theses? Weird. This is a dream, there’s no other options.


As soon as i spun towards my clothes to get dressed, a pale, dead-looking, tall pony hovered in front of me. It’s heavy, low voice seemed like an infinite echo reverbating in my head.


‘’Finally, you came back. I’m sorry for the pony’s behavior, hitting you like that.’’


I tried to smiled at hi-her? It. Let’s say it. My smile must’ve been the most horrible, creepy toothy grin, for it looked a bit disgusted. I shrugged. ‘’Yeah. Your realm could’ve been more… Welcoming, to the members of the council. I’m here to take care of a small, quick job, then i’m out. Might i please ask why i’m still in a dream? I would’ve liked to talk to you in person.’’


It backed a bit, somehow looking full of confidence and scared at the same time. More like suprised, i’d say. Hard to tell when the hood covers it’s whole head. ‘’Why, you’re a clever outsider. You were waiting for me to appear, though you rushed right in before i could get to you. Though, i would’ve been surprised to see you waiting : Old, forgotten spirits such as i aren’t usually expected.’’


‘’Aren’t you the representative, coming to brief me on the situation here?’’


It smiled. I could feel it’s horrible grin forming on it’s lips. ‘’No. I’m The Pale Pony. You must’ve heard of me in folklore myths and legends, no?’’


I shrugged again. ‘’No. Are you the equal of Death or something? You sure don’t look as Scary as Grim. He sure gives me the shivers. You, on the other han-Hoof, look like you could use a hug and a mug of coffee. And a better place to sleep.’’


It laughed. It wasn’t like anything i’ve ever heard. Try to picture a hyena with lung/throat cancer. Must be sounding like this. ‘’I am but the one that will wait for your countdown to end, young Noxiel. In the meantime, try to enjoy yourself, make some friends, but whatever you do : Don’t expect to go back. The bridge as fallen long ago, and the clockwork tower has crushed on the Moonlit river.’’


It backed away, making a long reverance, just like those bad magicians after a show back home.


‘’I’ll be waiting for your company when you pass through my evergreen fields. Until then, farewell.’’


I fell unconscious, my body went numb, and i felt like sleeping for a few decades might be a good idea again.