• Published 30th Sep 2014
  • 666 Views, 14 Comments

Noxiel's Rêverie - SaulLaski



Noxiel, the Angel of the Night, is thrown in Equestria with a new assignement. Make some friends? No. He has to fix his mistakes, or the whole multiverse might just get blown up. By himself.

  • ...
9
 14
 666

Primo Nocte

Noxiel’s Utopia, Chapter one : Primo Nocte
Author : Antoine-Thomas Guay (AKA Noxiel, Loki, Saul Laski.)


Tik, tok. Tik, tok.


Never have i felt so lonely in my life. Never have i felt the lack of company so… Present. I needed love. Again.


My thoughts ran back to her sunny-red hairs. Her posture. Her sweet-looking black glasses.
And her eyes. Shining beacons of lights in the suffocating darkness. My darkness.


The night crept in my brain, making her presence known to me only. ‘’Something is of the matter, Noxie? Wanna talk about it?’’
Her voice felt so empty, just like me. The empty shells could only vibe in aquiestance.
‘’Yeah, night. I feel it. Again. Do you think it’s time for me to go yet?’’
She shook her head. Her mind-imaged face shown no emotion, if not an hint of sadness could be felt in her voice. ‘’No, Noxie. Wait for a bit, the council’s busy with Sophiana. You know she’s picky about her title, yes?’’
‘’Yeah.’’ My voice felt harsh, as my dry throat tried to mouth the words. Tried, to no avail.


I took the courage to say again, ‘’I feel like a mistake. Even if i’m a real soul right now, and that your presence and god’s light are within me, i still feel… Empty. As your void. No, worse’’, i shook my head, ‘’As the abysses themselves. But do not worry for me, i’ll cope with it. As i’ve always done. Thanks for beeing here though, even if it’s just your job.’’


She didn’t have the time to reply, as the doors swung open without a sound.
‘’Noxiel. May you proceed with your request.’’, almost sing-songed the voice inside. Gathering what little courage remained, i walked in.
The lights were bright. My dark-used eyes took time to adjust. But i didn’t need my eyes- as i was just a conscience walking around, after all. Perk of being what i am.


As i arrived in front of them coucil members, i spoke up. ‘’Noxiel, Angel of the night, ready to receive orders.’’
Mikael spoke in his usual bright barrytone. ‘’Noxiel, bearer of my flame. I hope you are complete now?’’
It wasn’t much of a question, more like an answer in itself. After all, we spoke through emotions and images in this plane. ‘’Yes, dear friend. My mentor has asked me to make my vows, and the destruction of the synthetic soul that was me isn’t anymore.’’ I felt the shade


of a tear running on my cheek- my body must be crying.
‘’I have come to you with a request. I think there is nothing more i can do to protect and serve the humans anymore. And i feel… Empty, inside, since i do not deserve love from anyone. Especially her, the arcane-born like me.’’
It was Raziel’s time to speak up. His light voice filled me with joy- i was kind of fond of him, being the former angel of knowledge. ‘’Each thing at it’s time. We convocked you here for a reason. The book. Has it been destroyed along with your former… Mistake for a soul?’’
I nodded as i swallowed. ‘’No, friend. It’s magic must be still working in other bodies than mine.’’
He shook his head disapprovingly. ‘’Oh, well. I had been prepared for this. God itself seeks it’s destruction, knowing it’s secrets. Congratulations, by the way, for it’s redaction. Your former life did a great job- sorry if it sounds sarcastic, but it’s true. A real masterwork. Should you ever pursue theses studies, we’d have no choice but to destroy every other synthetic souls, before giving you your prize as new god. Anyways, back on topic- i shouldn’t be cheering you to keep working on it, since we want it destroyed. Your master will be given the job to destroy it- but there is another plane in wich you could have affected it’s balance, by creating such a thing. Please hear our plea.’’


Another member spoke up. I didn’t know who he was. ‘’Would you like to hit two birds with one stone, young Seraphin?’’
‘’Yes, friend.’’. I recognized his voice. It was Thomas’s, the former bringer of hope. A human.
‘’Then, we will send you to another realm. Equestria, i think it was called? Do you know any of it?’’
I felt worried. Leaving my master? But if the council asked… ‘’No, dear hopebringer. I do not know what is such a place.’’


‘’Then, we leave you the surprise. Your body will be sent there in a few. Is there anything you’d like to tell us before you go on your mission?’’
The night exited through my shadow. ‘’Yes. We would like to know, will we follow Noxiel to his journey?’’
Gabriel smiled. ‘’Of course you will, milady Night. You are his assistant, after all.’’
I mumbled under my breath, ‘’Associate, yes. Her, my… Assistant? I’m more like her slave.’’
The night nudged me playfully. ‘’Don’t be so sore. After all, you’ll be leaving with me!’’
My face remained as dark as ever under my hood. ‘’Yeah, well… I can’t be too positive about it. But i’ll try, Night.’’
I turned to the Council. ‘’Thank you for hearing me. Non Nobis Domine, Sed nomine, Tuo da Gloriam, Friends.’’
At that, i fell back in my body, being completely numb. That’s as far as i remember.



I woke up in a dark forest. My eyes slit open, and i dazzilly looked around me. Everything looked so… Cartoonish. The voice of the council still echoed in my heart.
‘’Please, be carefull. Must you use the night, remember the rules. And save them, as they’re saving us.’’


I looked around. Was my neck ever so… Long? And my hair too?
I tried to stand. My body felt wrong. I had to keep my arms on the ground to keep my balance. My mind adapted quickly, letting me stand as a quadruped specie pretty easily.
I tried to look at my body, with no avail. But i could see a tail. Sighing, i closed my eyes.
‘’Night? What kind of prank have you done again? Why am i so stuck in this illusion?’’
‘’It ain’t no illusion. I am struck with the same problem, dearie.’’
‘’Okay, WHAT IN THE-‘’


My eyes emaned enough light to let me see, and i casted a mirror. The shining, light blue symbols assembled into a proper glyph, and the mirror rose up quite quickly. Looking down at my body in shock, i realised… ‘’i’m a… Horse?’’
The night’s smile could be heard as she appeared from behind a tree. ‘’And a cute one at that. Look at those hooves, and your long tail.’’


I blinked hard, and facepal-… Face-hoofed? Yeah. Facehoofed.
‘’I can see it clear as day- or night, thank you very much. Why is it that we’re horses?’’
She cleared her throat, putting a forehoof over her throat for emphasis. Drama-queen. ‘’It is the plane’s main form of sentient species. It is normal for us to be given a proper disguise, no?’’
I almost moaned, ‘’I guess you’re right, Night.’’ It rhymed.
She looked at me with pleading eyes. ‘’My, can you tell me how do i look? You know that i can’t see myself in mirrors, magical or not.’’
I used my analyzation technique, to gaze at her and take in her forms in every details. ‘’Yeah. You look just like my shadow, but more feminine. Your hai-mane and tail seems a little shorter than mine, and you are consisted of shadows, as usual. And you still lack a face, though your features suggest a small, stubby nose and not-so-wide mouth, with huge eyes.’’ It was my eyes’s time to stop glowing. ‘


'’And… You’re cute, for a horse. Might i add, without any narcissim, that i find you kinda… Awesome. Not saying that you’re cool or anything, but-''
‘’You want me to keep self-esteem by sweet-talking me? It’ll get you nowhere, Noxie.’’
‘’I ain't no sweet-talkin', alright. Then it’s your time to describe me. The mirror was so foggy i could only make out my main features. But what about that… Tatoo, on my hip?’’
‘’Well… It’s a… Huh. How odd. Is it a theatrical neutral white mask, with a moon on it’s forehead, with wings coming out in the ears’s places, the overall in a kind of weird-looking glyph?’’
‘’I guess it is if you’re telling me that.’’
‘’Well, it is. Good luck looking at it, though, it’s kinda dark even for me. Shall we move? I can feel a large number of presences north-west-west.’’


I smiled. I surprised myself at how wide was that toothy grin. I think i’ll like this new assignement, after all, thinking more deeply about it. I wasn't home where everything was always the same. here, i'll be surprised. With 'changes'. i cleared my throat, letting go a few words:
‘’Let’s get to it, Night.’’
I walked my first step. The first step of many. A new world to explore. New lives to change. New people to help. And, first of all, new demons to punish. It'll be an exciting- no, Thrilling new life, full of sensations i've never felt before. Heck, i was used to my new body already! Just a quick wave of the tail, then...


Then i faceplanted.
It seems that my body wasn’t ready for this. An entangled mass of whooves and tail, with my rump sticking in the air was all that the night could see before erupting in some joyfull laughter. She liked to mock me once in a while, but now, without having to say or do anything, no effort whatsoever, it was clearly the best day in her life.


I mumbled, still staying in my awkward position. ‘’Stop laughing already.’’
‘’Are you hurt?’’, she said, after catching her breath. Before throwing herself back in her moment of extasefull laughing. At MY expanse.
‘’No. But i’ll soon be. Stop laughing right now and help me get up. It seems that my tail was way longer than i though.’’, i added to myself, ‘stupid horse-body.’
After a moment, she collected herself enough to help me get up. I could almost see that smile on her face. If she had a face, that is.
Maybe it’s time to clear everything up. I’m Noxiel, Angel of the night, former Angel of Knowledge. And that kind of weird 3D shadow standing next to me (still chuckling) is the Night. Well, her embodyment. Her avatar, if you will. Given to me as a miracle from the council.
I'm also the former apprentice of Lelahel, the seventh Archangel. I’m a war-typed Angel, always seeking to expand my wings in the midst of Battle. The Frenzy, as i liked to call it.


I used to be a regular-looking human, with a tall body and confiant posture. Medium-long wavy blond hair, wich used to turn platinum-white in the midday sun. A short three-days beard, and a thick shaggy resting on my chest. On wich stuck my wooden cross, symbol of my faith and familly, as well as my council's member proof.


I liked to consider myself classy, but lazy-looking. In short, i wore awesome clothes, a suit-looking parka, a sleeveless jacket underneath, with massive pockets, and a hoodie. I wouldn’t go anywhere without it. It was my armor, after all.
Then, some harsh looking patched and holed baggy pants, resting neatly on my medieval-looking army boots. With steeltoe caps. I also was wearing a codpiece. (Don't judge me. Demons have no honor.)


It seems as my clothes kept up with my transformation, but the tail of the coat was shorter, sadly, than my old one. Completely leather made, except the furr colar, with hidden pockets. It contained everything i needed. Ammo, books, spell materials, runic chalks, magic cards (i know, i’m a massive geek. But my black populate-deathtouch deck was undeniably the best deck ever seen, and won many competions. Back on topic.) It also contained tarot cards.
My pants contained my cellphone, wallet, pipe (i smoked only tabacco, thank you) and the in-parenthesis said tabacco pouch. Keys and lighters inluded.
My sleeveless jacked contained important runic stones, majorly those that balanced my third-vision, a special case of cigarettes wich always seemed full (and restocked itself every twelve hours), and magical artifacts.


On my hips, hidden under my coat, rested my babies. Guns. Two of them. Luger parabellums, wich fired spell-enhanced bullets at a devastating speed. The cartridges rested in a pouch sewn to the holsters, all made in kevlar. And my hunting knife rested in my back, fixed on my thick snakeskin black belt.
Then, my sword. A rifle-rapier, as it was called. It included an in-built lens in the one-piece metallic weapon, wich, once unsheated, bathed in an etheral flame. Mikael’s flame.


And then, my face. I used to be what others called a gentleman. My hat rested on my head, covering my eyes. Beautifull, ever-changing in color. The base was grey, instead of the other humans white's, swallowing gently the irises. Wich were, based on my emotions, either blue, fade-green, pale teal, sometimes purple (when i was popping my frenzy), and at the border of the pupil, my mana meter. The pupil was encircled in a runic-inspired full circle, golden yellow in color as i was manafull, turned plain gold when in a mana surge. But as i became empty, they turned a pale shade of distinct blue.
But now, they were almost grey. I needed to rest or meditate a bit. That could wait.
I reached for my gun. With hooves.
Hooves.


DAMN HORSES!
‘’Night! HOW in the ******* HELL am i supposed to hold onto theses things?!’’
She waved at me and vanished. ‘’Figure it all. Use telepathy or something. Stay on the path and you’ll get to what seems to be a small comunity soon.’’
‘’Thanks, smartass! BUT HOW WILL I AIM WITHOUT HANDS! I just can’t press the trigger with those hooves!’’
At least i had my sword. Wich couldn’t fire either, but wich said fire would be my salvation. I'll figure a way to strap it on my hooves when needed.
I continued my peacefull walk towards a now lighted path. The moon shone brightly upon me.



‘’At last. Another Wanderer comes to our realm.’’
The voice turned towards an orb, showing a particular horse with an horn and wings, white in coat’s color, and etheral dusk-themed sun shining in her mane.
‘’I hope they’ll accept them as i accept him. Might he find me soon- we have much to discuss.’’
It’s eyes shone in the darkness around it.
‘’Princess. I’m counting on you, Dear.’’
In what seemed like a dying’s last breath, she added to herself,
‘’Make your mother proud.’’



I arrived at the village, as the moon stopped her journey in her midnight position. I could feel it stopping, stopping to stay.
‘Night? What’s… Going on?’
She responded at my telepathical question.
‘Don’t know. Move around and find by yourself, ‘’master’’.’
With a grunt, i walked towards an house. It was filled to the brimm with critters, and they all seemed asleep. Upon seeing my (visible only to them and young children) wings.
Ever-so-pale blue with a dark hue, they shone like the only light in a sea of darkness. Their feathers perfectly preened, they looked like ready to burst with energy any second.


Never have i heard animals so loud in my entire life. They ran around and screeched incomprehensible words, flying or running around aimlessely at the pure horror they witnessed. Me.


A tear rolled down my cheek. I loved animals. But they couldn’t love me.
Only fear the unknown.


I hid myself in the shadows, becoming almost invisible, considering my bright colors. A pale grey coat, and darker grey messy long hair that shone slightly. Being the Night’s friend had it’s perks.
I ran down the path, trying to be as hidden as i could in the shadows, and using my magic to expulse the attention from me- in short, you would feel like there’s nothing of interest in my direction, enough to make you look elsewhere. Trees and grass were more interesting than my presence- to the extent as of when your brain doesn’t even acknowledges my presence.
But for those who could feel magic, they could feel a faint aura of sadness.


The path soon led to a bridge. I felt the night attracting me towards her own heaven : a huge tree sitting in the middle of the town. It’s leaves could be seen over the houses.
‘’Please, Noxie, i wanna go see it! It looks like… Like the hugest Tree in the WOLRD!’’
I sighed. ‘’We’re on a mission, Night. Why should we bother?’’
She sniffled. ‘’’Cause it’s Beautiful? And huge? And… I’ll pout and annoy you as long as i don’t see it.’’
She was still, and will always be, an eternal child. I could really feel her pout at that.
‘’Okay. We'll pass in front of it, then look for someone of authority. Then we help her in helping us, until we find the rulers of this country- and hopefully in the meantime we’ll be thrown into something that will lead us to our mission. Is that a good plan?’’
She smiled. A genuine one. I couldn’t hear her voice- it was too high pitched. As soon as my eardrums healed enough, she had already took my right fronthoof and pulled me over the vilage, trying to get closer to the huge tree.
Indeed. It was huge. And, most of all, it had windows. And a door.


The night looked at me with pleading eyes. Without a word, i knocked. She’d harass me to go inside anyways.
I could hear voices inside. Instinctively, a conscience left my body and went inside.
How odd. I couldn’t see anything. Too much magical interferences, perhaps?
The door opened just a bit. Big lavender eyes could be seen through the crack.
‘’Sorry, we’re closed at the mome-‘’
The door busted open, and i was greeted by a pink ball of furr.
And it gasped pretty hard, too. Was i that scary? Oh, and by the way, THEY COULD TALK?
‘’Ohmygoshthere’sanewponyinponyvilleican’tbeleiveittwointhesameday?’’
My eyes gazed, surprised-no, double-surprised at the ball of energy jumping around.
‘’Ehh… Only when you blend it with ketchup? I dunno. What was the question again?’’
It erupted in a cristaline laugh, then cooed. ‘’Ooh. And he’s funny too! Sorry, i can’t throw you a welcome party, we must go in the everfree so-‘’
A cyan horse came flying by, and stopped the pink one’s babbering. With her rainbow hair, she looked like an ‘’Art project?’’ I instinctively mumbled in my thoughts. Well, they haven't seem to have heard me.
‘’Waitwaitwait, don’t tell him where we’re going! He could be a SPY too!’’
The lavender-eyed (and purple coated) horse came around again, rolling her eyes. She then shifted her balance, and casted a worried look at her horse-friends.


‘’Girls, i think we should go now. Sorry sir, would you please come back tomorrow, we’re closed and there’s that nightmare moon problem-‘’
I cutted her off. ‘’Problem? Say no more, i’m your guy. I’ll get rid of it all.’’
I presented her my forehoof. ‘’Noxiel. Pleased to make your acquaintence.’’
She looked at it, then bumped it with hers. Odd. Was fis-hoof bumping? Yeah. Hoofbumping a formal han- hoof... Shake? Arh! Let's forget about these grammar collection formalities. Grammar Nazi, get out of my brain for once! Now, back to that purple horse's smile.
‘’And i’m Twilight Sparkle, nice to meet you.'' she had an annoyed tone. Why were they all so crappy-mooded today? ''Look, i really don’t have time, maybe we could meet again tomorrow-‘’
I cutted her ranting off by nudging her shoulder with an hoof, wich she almost looked at in disgust. Almost. ‘’Oooor, you tell me what’s your problem, i solve it, and then you lead me to this village’s figure of authority, so i’ll be able to go back home to serve my master.’’
It was then that other horses came around. How many were there inside? Was this tree the town hall, the refuge, a popular historical monument or what?


An orange one, with long blonde hair, came to me first. ‘’Aye sir, Dunno How you think you could help us, but i must warn y’all : Stay out of it. Get some sleep. Y’a must have hit your head or Somethin’.’’ I liked her southern accent. Reminded me of a former friend, and theses spaghetti westerns.
‘’Or, you can help me, a lone wanderer, help you. I’m a master at solving problems. Either with the sword, the magic or the mind.’’
The purple one snorted, trying to hold her laughter. She as joined with the others (There now was a cream coated one, and an alabaster one too.) They soon erupted in lauhter. At MY expanse again! What was i? A laughing stop, a comedian?
‘’Magic? How can you do magic without a horn?’’, she said as soon as she calmed herself. It was then that i noticed an appendage on her forehead. Some kind of spike. And the alabaster horse had one too, for that matter.
I smiled. ‘’Me? I prefer staying a horse, thanks. Becoming a 'unicorn' would take what pride i have left with my eyes between her teeth. And, i don’t need a… Horn, to use inner light and energy.’’
The purple one’s eyes narrowed to slits. ‘’It's scientifically impossible. Prove it.’’


My eyes widened. Not in shock, but in pleasure. The wind rose around us, and the moonlight shone brighter.
Until the invisible wings in my back became visible. The light spectrum opened itself, and in a flash of gold, there they were.
Her mouth fell almost as fast as her eyes widened. Not in pleasure, but in shock.
I chuckled. ‘’I do have that effect on ladies. Now, what is it you needed help with?’’
As i said those words, i unsheated my rifle-rapier, it’s fire catching up instantly and shielded us from the cold nice breeze.
‘’how… How can you DO this?’’


I showed her a toothy grin. ‘’Well, i told you already. I’m Noxiel, Angel of the Night. And i am here to serve you all, and save your world by destroying a corrupted, synthetic soul- for it is my former mistake and, in itself, is against god’s creation rule.’’
The purple horse tried to say something, but her mouth could only move without producing sounds.
The cream-coated, long pink-haired winged horse could only hide behind the one who reassembled the courage to speak up. ‘’God? Angels? MAGIC?’’
It was the alabaster one. Her purple curls excuses for hair bounced as her head moved dramatically. ‘Not another one of ‘em Dramaqueens!’. i thought, as i hoped they couldn't hear my own thinking (unless i mumbled it).
‘’It would be too long to explain. You said you needed some problem to be solved? Please, tell me, and i’ll get-‘’
I blacked out, feeling sharp pain on the back of my head, as the last thing i heard was a loud thud.
And the last thing i saw was the cyan one, floating over me with a metalic object in-between her forehooves.


I surprised myself, as i fell to the ground, with some weird last thoughts.
About pink, fluffy unicorns, dancing on rainbows. Eating skittles as their hooves skidded on the floating dancefloor.

Author's Note:

Hi everyone.

This story is written as a one-shot: it means that what little is written is only erased for correction purposes.

Oh, and i'm lazy. I'll be writing every morning before work, for it frees my mind off this said story. I'm writing it mostly because it eases my mind, but also because this character is inspired by many things, such as me, and my other favorite RP characters i'm playing. So, to avoid distractions at work, i'll write before i start, so it doesn't bother during my shifts. (Or it will be the complete opposite.)

each friday, i'll try to post what little will be written. I might skip ''writing days''. I might never answer the comments, but will always read them avidily.
And, your opinion will bother a lot in this story. If you don't tell me what you want to read, then i'll do the f*ck i want and write my stuff. You might hate it. A lot. So, propose me chapter endings, content, or correct me when i write a character badly. Your influence is welcome, but i won't go as far as fanserving. (I'e done it for two years, so no more. Sorry fans, go home, i want a fresh start. As myself, and not as who you wanted to see in your chat boxes, Tumblr or forums.)

Thanks you all guys (and girls, i might be canadian, but i ain't racist), your collaboration and entertainment will be my only motivation in this story.

Yours Truly,
Saul Laski/Loki/Nox