• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 1,291 Views, 19 Comments

She'll be Apples - MoltenXKid



Technology has progressed far; I'll give it that, but the day they create living, breathing creatures...maybe they've gone too far. Well, I may of thought that, but... That's until I saw her.

  • ...
5
 19
 1,291

Where'd you get that dank pony?

Author's Note:

For a second, I forgot about this. Good thing I decided to go through my stuff. Anyway, enjoy this chizz and watch out for my dank pone.

"You know you haven't paid the rent for this month." said my landlord.

"Yeah..." I replied.

"But more importantly!" My landlord grabbed my shoulders and came in close, "Where did you get Applejack?"

I stood in my landlord's room as he explained to me my situation. Though, that's not what it really was about. Ever since he saw Applejack in the hallway he wanted to know. He watched us every time we left, and every time we came home. I don't think Applejack noticed, but I sure did. It was hard to miss an Afro with a fedora peeking around a corner. Though, It didn't bring us any harm. He was just a curious old man. I must say, his curiosity did get him slapped in the face more than once.

"I ordered her from Vogon Biotech." I replied. I tried to open up their website, yet I couldn't find one.All I got was Error 404.

"So she's an helpmate?" my landlord replied.

"Something like that. Maybe a bit more than just a help mate."

"How did you afford her? With both know you don't earn that much at the computer shop. Plus, you have trouble affording rent here." He pulled out an old tally book and showed me my rent records. Some months were more scantily payed than others. I still kept up with the payments, but some months I had to hide from the land lord.

"I set up a payment plan, ya know?" I rubbed the back of my neck, "You'll get your money. Don't worry."

"Sure you will." My landlord grabbed me and put me in a headlock, "That's what you said when you were building that computer of yours. I still haven't seen that money."

"I worked it off, remember?" I managed to say from his tight grip.

"Oh yeah...this buildings gutters has never been so clean."

I managed to break free of his grip after a minute of no oxygen. I fell to the floor trying to get some air into my lungs as quickly as possible. With a small chuckle, the landlord went to his kitchen and poured two shots of whisky. I''m not much of a drinker, but that doesn't matter. Both were for him. One after the other, he downed both. He then refilled the glasses. With a movement of his head, he told me to get up. Hesitantly, I walked towards him.

"Look, I like you, kid, but rent is rent." He sighed before downing a shot, " Since I'm the one who got you into the damn show in the first place, I'll do ya a favor. I'll lower you rent. Only until Applejack is payed off. Okay? "

"Thanks, Mr. Stepp."

"Plus, your mother wouldn't like it if I had put you on the streets. Also, I'm your uncle. Ya' don't have to be so...professional. Jesus, man." Almost to add emphasis to his statement, my uncle took a small rolled piece of paper from his pocket and lit it. The smell quickly drifted throughout the apartment.

"I suppose that's my cue to leave." I quickly grabbed the other shot and chugged it. I gagged as if it was a reflex. Alcohol and I never go along.

I left my uncle's room and quietly closed the door. Fortunately, he lived on the fifth floor , I lived on the third. I would have to walk down. I began the decent with some new vigor in me. I don't know why, but it felt as if things were looking up. Well until my watch starting going off. I looked at it to see the 16-bit jumping worriedly. His messeage bubble was saying something about trouble in my apartment and it had something to do with Applejack. I starting running to my apartment. What could have happened in that small place? Nothing was dangerous...well I didn't think it was. After flying down the steps, I reached my apartment. I fumbled with my keys until the right one was found. I stuck the key into the lock, turned it, and opened the door.

"Applejack! Are you okay?!" I yelled.

"No, I aint!" She, connected to my immersion gear, said from my computer corner. She was seemed a bit disoriented and confused. "I decided to use this dang contraption, and I aint sure how to use it. Some Battlefield thing came up. Now, ponies won't stop hitting me with y'all weird human things."

I looked down at the 16-bit me who was just laughing his digital laugh. After he looked at my face, he jumped to the computer and turned it off. Applejack seemed to relax after that. I went over and helped take off the equipment which was a tad loose on her.

"I should probably have warned you about that." I said with a chuckle, "People on Battlefield are unforgiving."

"I don't see why ya' would want to play such a thing. A game about killing each other...that ain't right."

"Trust me, you're not the first to say that. It's just for entertainment. No one actually takes it seriously...well...mostly anyway."

"It still ain't right. Glorifying war n such. Just terrible."

I could tell that changing her mind was going to be impossible, so I decided to quickly change the subject.

"Wanna go out to dinner? There's nothing in the fridge anyway."

"Well that's a grand idea. Just not one of those fancy places. I can't stand it there. Too many rules and formalities."

"I hear ya, sister." I grabbed my jacket, "Don't worry. I know this sweet place in town. You'll love it."

(Applejack's POV)

I can't lie. I did love the place. The atmosphere, the people, and even the food was good. They even had vegan accommodations. Though, I could have probably cooked the food better. All in all, I couldn't complain. The place was lively. Like everyone there was family. No matter what, everyone was on a first name basis. They somehow even knew me. It was weird at first, but I got used to the attention I was getting.

"So, Charles, how'd did you find this place?" I asked before taking a bite of a salad.

"Long ago, in a time not so different from our own...Charles Stepp was a college student. One day, while studying for his examines, he realized that college wasn't the thing for him, so he quit. He packed his things and went home, but he forgot one crucial thing...his parents wouldn't let him come back home without a college degree. They were pretty angry about him leaving the family farm, so if he didn't finish, they would disown him." Charles movements were over exaggerated while telling his story. Plus, it seemed as if the restaurant had quieted down, so he could tell it. "Hungry, desperate, cold, and broke, he wandered into this place known as "Faith's Grill". They fed him, and told him every first meal is free. From that day on, Charles' life...has been good...and even better since a certain pony arrived."

The rest of the night was a blur. Just more food, fun, and laughter. It felt like I was back in Equestria with my friends and family. A feeling that I remember everyday. I hope they are doing fine wherever they are. Celestia knows I miss them.

Comments ( 3 )

When is the next chapter coming out?

6909379 that's a good question. I have the beginning of it written. Just gotta finish it up.

Point if accuracy. Ponies, Horses, Cattle, Deer have hair, not fur.
Animals that sweat have hair. Animals that have to cool down with out sweating have fur.

Login or register to comment