• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 1,288 Views, 19 Comments

She'll be Apples - MoltenXKid



Technology has progressed far; I'll give it that, but the day they create living, breathing creatures...maybe they've gone too far. Well, I may of thought that, but... That's until I saw her.

  • ...
5
 19
 1,288

What Have I Got myself Into?

Author's Note:

Alright, m8s, This is my story for the Vogon universe created by LordFrieza. Go check the dude out for the canon stories within his universe. They are all good.

Oh and one more thing: I'm not sure how often I can update since I work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. So maybe 1 update a week. I'll try my best guys.

Anyway, enjoy. Leave some comments, concerns, positives, negatives,questions, incoherent ramblings, or anything you want.

Chapter 1


You would think that with the advancement of technology my small town would have changed, but it didn’t. From my birth to the present this small town hasn’t progressed a bit. It had the same people, same mom & pop shops, same buildings, same farms, and same old me. Of course, underneath the dust was actual technology-state of the art security systems, automated voice systems, solar-powered vehicles, etc. Though, I enjoyed the old town feel. Everyone knew each other. No secrets were kept. Help was simply a yell away. It was miles better than some place they called the “Stacks”. I never been there, but mobile homes on top of mobile homes didn’t sound too cozy.

Well, enough about the town. Let me get started.

My name is Charles. Charles Stepp. I’m a 27 year old, Brony, college drop-out. After two years of nerve racking torture, I decided to quit my computer degree path and head home. It wasn’t the thing for me. All those classes, all that studying…it seemed like a waste of time. Here at home, I have an empty, tiny, two-roomed, old fashioned apartment in the middle of town. Fortunately, my few years of school made me qualified to work in a local computer store-Ted’s Computer Place. Longs days…decent pay…I can’t complain. I make enough to pay for my home, food, and, with my employee discount, built an amazing computer with Full Immersion Technology. Though, using it with games wasn’t a good idea, especially with sensors on max. Bullets hurt more than I thought. Who knew virtual scars appeared in real life?

Couple years ago, I didn’t feel like playing any games.( Not since some guy ran me over with a tank in Battlefield). Anyway, I put on my custom goggles and gloves, and turned on my computer. A fast start was all any man could ask for. Within seconds, my startup screen shined, I logged in, and was greeted by a tiny 16-bit version of myself- Portly, black, dressed in a polo shirt and khaki shorts, and on top of my head an afro. It danced around before automatically displaying my most visited programs- Steam, and the internet. I started to select the internet, but the background on my desktop changed to a picture of the Mane Six from “My Little pony: Friendship is Magic.” They were posing in the way they did in the show's introduction. Memories of the fandom and show came flooding back. I couldn’t help, but let a small smile appear on my face. Those were good times when the fandom was in full swing.Yeah, I got into the show at the end, but my uncle-who introduced me to the fandom- was there to fill in the gaps. Since then, the fandom died down, and the show ended. I couldn’t bring myself to watch the last episode. Though, I hear it was the better than all the previous ones combined. (Something about Pony fusion?)

“I’m noticing a smile on your face. Would you like to watch some ponies?” asked the 16-bit me.

I simply smiled, and the small me opened a portal and pulled out a folder. In it was every season of My Little Pony. I was the few lucky ones who "acquired" them before Hasbro took them all down. (Paying for Netflix wasn't an option.) I didn’t know which episode to watch; there were so many, yet I decided to watch the episode when Applejack decided to organize the Apple Family Reunion. Back in the day, she was my favorite pony. She was strong willed, determined, athletic, caring, reliable, tough, and honest. Things I strived for. Plus, I was a sucker for freckles and a country accent. Blame that on my southern town which is basically a peanut and peach hub. A few Vidalia onions may pass through every now and then.

“You know, this show was meant for little girls. “said little me, “Aren’t you like 27?”

“You know, I could delete you at anytime, CJ.” I threatened. His 16-bit face turned to worry; the same face I would make. It was hard to code and program that little guy. Especially with my limited knowledge, but it worked out for the best. It would basically respond to me as a friend would. That, I didn’t code; I “borrowed” it from a Housing System Option.

“Well while you enjoy your ponies, I must tell you that you got an email.” Mentioned CJ.

“Delete it…” I replied, too involved with my show to care.

“It’s about ponies.” He replied in a way as if it was a treat and I was the dog.

I paused the show and sighed. With my luck, it wouldn’t even be about MLP. “Open it.”

“Gotcha, bro.”

My screen turned black before I hyperwarped to my email. A feature I installed on my computer. The hyperwarp stopped; and in my vision was a MLP: FiM style unicorn in a suit. It seemed as it would be hot with cotton over horse hair; but it was virtual, so I didn’t question it.

“Imagine that perfect someone, or in your case a somepony. Imagine them being ready for you, waiting for you, loving-“he started before I interrupted.

“What are you selling and what’s the price? I asked, “This is interrupting my ponies…”

“That’s always the question, “The pony sighed, “You didn’t even let me finish my programmed speech.”

“Sorry, but I have an early shift tomorrow…”

The pony breathed heavily before stomping his hoof. The scenery began to change to Rarity’s Boutique,dimly lit, during a fashion show. A chair appeared behind; I took a seat. The pony walked on stage with a microphone enclosed in its magic. The staged lights flashed on, temporally blinding me.

“What we-Vogon Biotech- are selling…is a fantasy!”

The stage lights shifted to the beginning of the runway. In the bright lights were the mane six, except Pinkie, in their anthropomorphic states. Another smile found its way on my lips as I stood up from the chair. I climbed the stage and walked towards them. The suited pony followed me towards them, keeping silent until we reached the ponies. They had enough of their own pony characteristics to make them noticeable, yet not off putting. They were, to say the least, beautiful.

“Mr. Stepp, these are living breathing creatures from your favorite shows. They won’t disappear when the show ends. You won’t wake the next morning wondering if they’ll reappear. They will always be there. No matter what. They are somepony to spend your life with. “

I was too busy examining the ponies to hear much of what he said. They were all just…perfect. After a while, my eyes fell on Applejack. She was a tad taller than the other ponies, but still shorter than me. She had her signature smirk on her lips. Her green eyes and blonde hair were blocked by the shadow of the Stetson, yet I could see her tied ponytail flowing behind her. Her outfit consisted of a brown leather jacket covering a tank-top which stopped above her belly-button, a pair of denim blue jeans with a hole for her tail, and her boots were standard brown ones.

Seeing my examination of Applejack, the suited pony stomped his hoof and all the others disappeared. Only Applejack stayed. She started to move unaware of us. She yawned, scratched, and stretched. Ready for the work day. After that cycle ended, she began running, jumping, and other strenuous activities. I began to wonder how I would keep up with my solitary lifestyle.

“She is not a robot. She will be a living, breathing creature with feelings. She will eat, sleep, sweat, and even bleed. When she awakes, everything will be real. She is not pre-programmed with emotions. I might add that her memories will be slightly altered to fit her new body and lifestyle. She will have her memories of the show, and any fan content you wish to add. Her new memories will be completely on you.Applejack, or any pony you choose, will be by your side forever.”

“You never answered my question…what’s the price?” I asked. I went to touch her, but an invisible barrier stopped me.

“We want the first moment of contact to be special, “the unicorn explained, “The price…based on your current salary reports, you are unable to purchase this product.”

“There has to be a way…anyway…help a dude out.” I pleaded.

“Hmm…we do have payment options available, but I advise that you do not proceed. Paying your bill, housing, food, student loan debts, and other utilities is not possible on your salary. “

“ What’s the price?”

“Twenty-two thousand. Our payment plan will require you to pay five-hundred credits on a monthly basis.”

I wouldn’t put the price anywhere lower than that. It seemed fair for what they were offering. The only problem was that twenty-two thousand credits was just short of what I made a year. I was barely breaking even as it was. I knew it was a bad decision to get her, but I was never good at listening to my brain...and I wanted her.

“I’ll take her.” I said without hesitation.

“Mr. Stepp, I must advise...”

“Just charge her to my account before I regret my decision.”

The unicorn stood there for a moment before speaking. “Good choice, sir. Applejack has been added to your account with payment plans. Before we exit, there’s the matter of her personality and choosing her clothes.”

“I want her canon personality. That’s the one I liked the best.”

“Good choice, sir. Now, her clothes?”

Applejack disappeared and what took her place were three outfits. The one she was wearing originally, her Grand Galloping Gala, and her outfit from when she was trying to impersonate Rarity. I liked the dresses, but down here they weren’t needed. I opted for her original outfit. It was hot here anyway. I didn’t want Applejack dying of heatstroke.

“Another fine choice ,sir.” The unicorn stated as he walked to me, “Now, give us two months time to prepare her for you. Ah, one more thing. You’re not buying one of many Applejacks; you’re buying THE Applejack. The only Element of Honesty. She’s now yours. Please do take care of her. And as always, We at Vogon Biotech thank you for your purchase.”

“No problem there, mate…hey can I ask something?” I asked.

“Why yes, sir.”

“The last dress. Not the Grand Galloping Gala one…the other. Can it be charged to my account also?”

“Yes, sir. It can and has been.”

I nodded and shook the ponies hoof. The fur felt soft. The unicorn took notice of this and smiled, “The real thing feels better.”

With that, my email exited, and I was back to my desktop. My 16-bit buddy was asleep in his bed, yet awoke with a cute yawn before slamming into the floor. He rose as he rubbed his head. He looked to me and smiled as he pulled the episode I was watching back into view. When I shook my head no, he looked at me suspiciously.

“What did you do?” he asked, “I know I’m not allowed to look through your stuff, but I will if I have to!”

“Don’t worry about it, “ I told him, “Right now, I need you to set an alarm for work tomorrow…and look for places I can buy female clothes. We will be having a guest soon.”