• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 1,291 Views, 19 Comments

She'll be Apples - MoltenXKid



Technology has progressed far; I'll give it that, but the day they create living, breathing creatures...maybe they've gone too far. Well, I may of thought that, but... That's until I saw her.

  • ...
5
 19
 1,291

A Day of Work

Chapter 4


I like to think of myself as a man. Or, at least most of one. So when I tell you that I was hiding from a pony, don’t think of me as less of a man. She’s a scary pony. Especially when she is forcing you to run five miles every day. Apparently, I was an “out of shape stallion.” So, to get away from all that running, I hid in a bush outside and kept quiet. There was no possible way she would find me. I was too stealthy.

“You know hidin’ won’t make your exercising disappear.” Applejack yelled, “One way or another, you’re gonna run today.”

My heart beat quickened and became loud. My breathing deepened and became quicker. From my spot in the bushes, I could see her orange form getting closer and closer. The grass crunched under her foot and soon she stopped in front of me. She looked around, sighed, and walked away. I waited until she was out of sight before standing up. I smirked at my cunning, but it was short lived as she tackled me to the ground.

“You think it was gonna be that easy to avoid me. I could hear yer breathing from a mile away. Now get up. We got get our run in before work starts.” She picked me up by the collar of my shirt. With a strong push of her arm, I began jogging.

“You know, there’s an easier way.” I mentioned. I looked towards the distance to see the sun just peeking over the horizon.

“I know…but you either go all the way or go home.” She replied.

I sighed, but continued jogging. It had been a couple days since I started exercising with her, but the agony was still there. To me it was torture, yet to Applejack it was fun. Like she enjoyed this activity. I suppose running with her was the least I can do. Plus, it wouldn’t hurt to lose a few pounds…and Applejack did look amazing in her running suit. That made it a plus to try to keep up with her.

After almost dying from our run, we split paths. She went to her job, and I went to mine. While she still had the power to run to hers, I had to crawl to mine. It was agonizing, but I had to make it. Or else I could be fired. So, I quickly found a place to change into my work clothes and walked to work.

“You look like crap!” said Ted as I walked through the doors.

“Shut up…I’ve been running in the morning. Not used to it yet.” I replied.

“Yeah, we all know. You and that orange thing jogging like it isn’t anyone’s business.”

“Hey! She’s not a thing. Her name is Applejack.” I was becoming a little defensive.

“Whoa…calm down there. Sorry. Sorry.” Ted came to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. He was always like an older brother to me. “My bad, dude. Well, enough about that. We gotta get to work. New updates are out and we are going to get an influx of people who don’t know how to use them.”

“Alright,” I said as I straightened my collar, “Let’s get to work.”

A day at work wasn’t long or boring. Just tedious. Most people came in with the same problems, and I solved them. In a way, I ran the store. Ted would just sit in his office and play games till closing time. I, one the other hand, worked. I stocked the selves, ran the register, gave customer support, and answered the phone. Of course, I asked Ted why we didn’t hire any other people. He response being something along the lines of, “We are barely breaking even as is, so hiring another would push us over the edge.” Honestly, I knew the store was doing better than half the other stores in the city. Ted was just cheap.

As I worked, I couldn’t help but think of Applejack. It had been a week since she arrived. Everything seemed fine, but was it really? Was she happy? Was she content? Did she miss her family? All these questions and I didn’t know the answer to any of them. I could only assume she was, but what if she wasn’t? What if it was a mistake buying her?

“Yo! Charles! I closing the shop. Hurry up and log out the system.” Yelled Ted.

I did as I was told and hurried to the door. I told Ted goodbye before rushing off home. As I walked home, I remembered that Applejack gets off of work about 30 minutes after I did, so I decided to wait at the flower shop until she arrived.


(AJ’ POV)

I have to admit: my stallion, Charles, is a little tubby one, but cute. Especially when he gets over dramatic about everything. It could be running, eating better, even waking up early, he will whine about it. Though, I know he is just joking around. Ya know, I even had to drag him away from his computer contraption so he would go to bed on time. He was so adamant about playing his games that he would sacrifice sleep for it. He sure was a weird one. Always talking to the small version of himself. I imagined he didn’t get out much, but ever since I arrived, he had been getting away from this “Technology” and spending more time with me. He even promised to help out at my job one day.

Almost forgot about the job. Ah’ can’t believe he found me one so quick. Though, part of me thinks it wasn’t through legit ways. I can’t complain. The job is doing something I love-farming. It may not be apples, but flowers will still keep this farm girl happy. The best part of this job was that Rachael-the owner- still did everything the old fashion way. Good ole sunshine, water, fertilizer, and love. She even sang to ‘em sometimes. I have to say that she couldn’t sing worth a lick. Nevertheless, the flowers grew almost double the size they were meant to be.

“So…Charles tells me you worked on an apple farm before,” whispered Rachael, “That must have been nice.”

“I grew up on the farm muh entire life. Ever since I was a tiny filly. Apples bucking has been in muh blood.” I replied, proud of my heritage.

“That sounds nice. I too have felt as if plants have always been a part of me.”

“Well we should get along just fine then.” I gave Rachael a huge hug. She was so small that I was afraid I would crush her. Well, that was until she returned the hug with almost the same force I did. To be so small, she had a lot of strength. In a way, she reminded me of Fluttershy. Anyway, for the rest of the day, we worked in peaceful silence until quitting time came around.

“Uh…Applejack…it’s time to head home. I could give you a lift in my truck if you want…” Rachael offered.

“I’d like that very much.”

We drove in silence only making small talk every once in a while until we arrived back to town. After a couple turns, we arrived at the flower shop. To my surprise, Charles was waiting there for me. Not to my surprise, was that he had fallen asleep. He laid on the sidewalk snoring his loud snore. He seemed dang puckered so I didn’t want to wake em. I simply picked him up and asked Rachael to drop us off by his our apartment. She agreed.


(Charles’ POV)

When I awoke, I was in Rachael’s truck on the outside of my apartment. Apparently, I fell asleep while waiting. Applejack thanked Rachael before pulling me out of the vehicle. I was still barely awake, but I saw the flower girl pull off. We walked towards my home. She was still holding me up as we walked. It was nice to lean against her. The fur was soft and she had a faint smell of apples and roses. We almost reached my apartment when I heard a familiar voice behind us.

“You know, rent is almost due, Charles.” Said the voice.

“I know. I’ll pay tomorrow. I just need some sleep.” I replied turning around with Aj’s help.

“Just as long as…you…” He seemed to stop speaking once he got a good look at us.

“I’ll pay it. Don’t worry.”

“Yeah…”He looked at Applejack before looking back at me, “You know we have to talk, right?”

“Yeah…”

“Good. Enjoy your sleep. And don’t make a lot of noise.” He smirked while wiggling his eye brow before leaving.

I looked back to AJ who seemed to be blushing a little. I unlocked my door and we both walked inside. I immediately fell onto the couch. My eyes began to close, yet I felt Aj sit next to me. I opened my eyes and sat up next to her. She smiled and I returned it back to her. I let out a little yawn.

“So who was that man?” she asked.

“Oh, you know…my landlord…and my uncle.”

“What did he want to talk about?”

“Well, you…”

She looked at me confused. Like maybe she had done something wrong. I scooted closer and wrapped my arms around her. I felt awkward at first, but she seemed to like the show of affection.

“Don’t worry,” I say to her, “I have a feeling he’s going to like you.”