• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 3,968 Views, 79 Comments

Ponies Are Animals Too - Zurvan



The story of how Fluttershy came to adopt Scootaloo:

  • ...
8
 79
 3,968

Chapter 7: My Wish

Author's Note:

I want to apologize for how short these last chapters are, I've puzzled and puzzled myself and just can't think of anyway to fluff them up.

Takes place during “Apple Family Reunion".

Chapter 7: My Wish

Scootaloo sits at the edge of the lake and picks a rock up in her hoof, she attempts to skip the stone on the water but is only rewarded with a solid plunk of the stone sinking. "That just figures." She mumbles to herself.

A stone is dropped by her hoof and the soft voice of Fluttershy says. "Try this one."

Scootaloo picks up the stone and notices how much flatter it is than the ones she's been using. She flicks her hoof and the stone skips on the water until it's out of sight. "Wow!"

"Told you it was a good one." Fluttershy says.

Scootaloo turns and sees Fluttershy standing behind her, almost a reassuring quality to the flightless filly. "Thanks Fluttershy."

"It was no problem."

"How did you know that rock would skip?"

"Twilight told me that flat rocks skip better. " Fluttershy answers and then they sit in silence for a while. "Scootaloo? "

"What's up Fluttershy?"

"Do you ever wish you still had your family?"

Scootaloo nods. "All the time." She pauses and looks at Fluttershy. "Why aren't you with your family? Everypony else is."

"Truth is I don't really have a family."

"Are you an orphan like me?"

Fluttershy shakes her head. "Not exactly like you. My family disowned me when I told them I was moving to live on the ground."

"Fluttershy, I had no idea."

"Nopony but you and Rainbow Dash knows. Rainbow was there for me, she moved to Ponyville after I did to help me."

"That’s real sweet of her."

"Dash can be sweet when she wants to be. Just don’t let her know I told you that."

“Don’t worry, I won’t.” Scootaloo says.. "It's got to be hard for you knowing they're there still. You could see them and they would just pretend not to notice you."

"I'm use to it Scootaloo, I've had my animals, but recently I've been thinking I want something more."

"What are you talking about, Fluttershy?"

"I looked into adopting a foal," Fluttershy answers. "They told me because of my animals I would not be allowed to adopt a real young foal, but I could adopt an older, harder to find a home for foal."

Scootaloo sniffles. "What are you saying?"

"Scootaloo, would you like for me to adopt you?." Fluttershy says then finds herself being hugged by Scootaloo. "I guess that's a yes."

==========


Scootaloo rides her scooter toward the orphanage. An extra zip in her small wings. She stops at Sweetie Belle’s house and knocks on the door.

Cookie Crumbles answers the door. "Well hello there Scootaloo, what are you doing here this evening?"

"I was hoping I could talk to Sweetie Belle for a while. Please?" Scootaloo asks with big eyes, her wings fluttering with excitement.

Cookie looks at Scootaloo. "It's kind of late, can't it wait until tomorrow?"

Scootaloo’s wings stop and droop down as she looks to the ground. "I suppose. Sorry for bothering you."

Cookie sighs hating to see the young pegasi’s sudden mood change. "Fine, you can talk to her."

Scootaloo grins and says, "thank you." Then zips to Sweetie’s room.

"Scootaloo!" Exclaims a surprised Sweetie Belle after Scootaloo bursts into her room.

"Sorry Sweets but I have the best news and could not wait to tell my best friend."

Sweetie giggles and sits on her bed. "Okay, I'm listening."

"Somepony wants to adopt me!"

Sweetie squeals in delight and hugs her friend. "Scoots I'm so happy for you."

"What with all the ruckus you two?" Cookie asks.

"Somepony wants to adopt Scootaloo!" Sweetie exclaims.

"Oh Scootaloo I'm so happy for you." Cookie says. "No wonder you wanted to talk to Sweetie right away. You must be excited."

"I am!"

So is it anypony we know?" Cookie asks.

Scootaloo nods. "It's Fluttershy."

"That's great, you'll still be in town. We'll still be able to get together." Sweetie says.

Scootaloo nods. "I wouldn't have it any other way."