• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 3,968 Views, 79 Comments

Ponies Are Animals Too - Zurvan



The story of how Fluttershy came to adopt Scootaloo:

  • ...
8
 79
 3,968

Chapter 6: All You Need Is Love

Takes place during “A Canterlot Wedding” Starts following the picnic scene, before they get on the train.

Chapter 6: All You Need Is Love

Rarity walks into her shop in complete bliss. “Oh this is going to be wonderful.” The bell chimes. “Oh, I’m sorry, I’m we’re going to be closed for awhile, I have to go to Canterlot.”

“Why do you have to go to Canterlot?” Sweetie Belle asks, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo behind.

“Sweetie Belle I didn’t realize it was you and your friends.” Rarity says. “I guess I should tell you since Applejack is probably on her way to the farm to tell her family. We have been invited to be part of a royal wedding in Canterlot.”

“A Royal Wedding?” Sweetie Belle asks.

“Princess Mi Amore Cadenza,” Rarity practically sings. “And I’m going to design the dresses. I have to pack, excuse me.”

“Of course, we’ll just get out of your way.”Sweetie Belle says as she pushes Apple Bloom and Scootaloo out of the Boutique. “Did you hear that?”

“Yeah, mah sister an yours are going to Canterlot, big deal.” Apple Bloom says.

“It’s a Royal Wedding, of a Princess, a Princess I’ve never heard of, we need to go see her.” Sweetie says.

“I think I’ll pass on that one Sweets.” Scootaloo says.

“Come on, if Rarity and Applejack are part of the wedding they’ll let us in too. We could get our cutie marks out of it.”

“We could be flower fillies.” Apple Bloom says. “I wonder what a cutie mark in being a flower filly would look like.”

“We won’t know if we don’t try.” Sweetie says.

“A’right. I’m in.” Apple Bloom says.

“Fine, I’ll come too.” Scootaloo says.

“Come on, let’s get to the train, we need to figure out how to get onboard without the others noticing.” Sweetie says.

“Why?” Apple Bloom asks.

“You think your sister will let you come when you haven’t been invited?”

“No.” Apple Bloom answers dejectedly.

“So that means we sneak on the train.” Sweetie says.

“Let’s go.” Scootaloo says as she puts on her helmet, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle put their helmets on as they climb into the wagon and they speed to the train station. She stops a few blocks away and they stow the wagon and scooter then continue on foot the rest of the way on foot arriving at the train the same time as the others. Rarity of course has a slew of bags, which Spike is carrying.

“Quick,” Sweetie says. “We’ll sneak into the last car while they're distracted.” She points to the porters helping Spike and the three fillies make a dash to the last car and hop on.

“Now what?” Scootaloo asks.

“We hide until the train leaves.” Sweetie says and they find hiding places.

=============



The crusaders watch as Spike carries the luggage from the train. “Come on girls, it’s time we got off this train.” Apple Bloom says. Sweetie and Scootaloo nod and follow Apple Bloom off the back of the train and they all immediately stop by a guard pony.

“Do you three have tickets from that train you just got off?” The guard asks.

“Funny story,’ Scootaloo chuckles looking to the others for help.

“We’re on a journey to find our cutie marks.” Apple Bloom says. “Mah sister and her’s,” points to Sweetie. “Were invited to the wedding, we snuck aboard the train in an attempt to get our cutie marks in helping with the wedding.”

“So your sisters don't know you're here, yet they’re at the castle and you were going to somehow help with the wedding without your sisters finding out?”

“It seemed like a good idea at the time.” Apple Bloom admits, “although the more I think about it, the more I feel like I shoulda planned it out better.”

The guard sighs. “And what might your sisters’ names be?”

“Applejack.”

“Rarity.”

The guard looks at the two of them in shock. “Your sisters are two of the elements of harmony?” Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle nod, and the the guard turns to Scootaloo. “And why are you here?”

“I’m their friend, we practically go everywhere together.” Scootaloo answers.

“I suppose that makes sense.” The guard says as he looks down at them. “So a journey to find your cutie marks huh?”

“Yeah, we’re the cutie mark crusaders!” Apple Bloom says.

“You know I have a little brother, just about the same age as you three, he’s been trying to get his cutie mark.”

Apple Bloom gasps. “We’d love to meet him, maybe he can be part of our group.”

“The guard chuckles. “We’ll see, he lives in Fillydelphia, for now why don’t you three come with me and we’ll get a roof over your heads and some food in you. Then if you want maybe I convince some of the other guards to train you a little.”

“Royal Guard cutie mark?” Scootaloo says looking interested.

“You never know.” The guard responds. “By the way, I’m Adamant Mail.” With that the three fillies follow him to the barracks.

==============


Some time later. “Well girls, I think it’s a offical.” Adamant Mail says. “You three are most certainly are not cut out to be Royal Guards in any way.”

“You never know until you try, right?” Apple Bloom says as she places the lance she has in her hoof down.

“You three gave it your all, that’s for sure.” Adamant replies. “I’m sorry we couldn’t get you three to see Princess Cadenza, or Captain Armor.”

“It’s alright, at least we’ll get to see the wedding.” Sweetie says.

“Speaking of which you three should get cleaned up.” Adamant says. “Some of the female guards dug through their belongs and brought you a selection of outfits to wear to the wedding.”

“I’ll show them where they are.” A female pegasus guard speaks up.

“Thank you, Slender Blade.”

Slender Blade leads the Crusaders to a series of rooms. and an area with a group shower. “This is where the mares shower, you should be okay to get cleaned up for the wedding here. I’ll wait here so I can take you down to the wedding when you are done.” With that they run to get cleaned up.

They come out dressed up a bit later, Scootaloo is wearing a lilac dress with violet accents, and violet shoes. Sweetie Belle is wearing a green dress with lavender accents, a lavender flower in her mane. Apple Bloom is wearing a blue dress with pink accents, and blue shoes, her mane is braided much like Applejack’s usually is, a blue flower sits in her hair. [Inspired by this image.]

“Miss Slender, we’re ready.” Apple Bloom announces. Slender Blade just continues to look up. “Something the matter?”

Slender lifts her right fore-hoof and points to the sky and the girls all look up just in time to see the shield crash and the changelings pour through. Adamant Mail gallops in. “Get the civilians to the bunker!”

At his command Slender Blade snaps out of her daze and grabs the three fillies in her fore-hooves and takes to the air carrying the Crusaders. She flies them to the bunker and pushes them inside. “Those are changelings girls, you stay here until we come back to get you. Lock the door, only we know your names so you’ll know if it’s us or not.” With that she shuts the door.

Apple Bloom walks to the door and sees there is a large bar that can be used to secure the door. “Come on girls, help me get this in place.” Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle help her secure the door and they wait.

=========

Slender Blade raps her against the metal door. “Girls, let me in, the changelings have been repealed.”

“Who is out there?” Sweetie asks through the door.

“Slender Blade.”

“And who are we?”

Slender chuckles remembering the warning she told them before she herself closed the door. “Your names are Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.” A thud is heard on the other side of the door and then the doors come up and the three fillies step out.

“What happened?” Apple Bloom asks.

“There was a changeling invasion.” A new male voice says. “I have to say I am partially at fault.”

Slender Blade turns around to see Shining Armor standing there. “Captain Armor.”

“What are these civilians doing here?” Shining Armor asks.

“Captain Armor, sir, please don’t punish them.” Sweetie says.

“It’s mostly our fault.” Scootaloo admits.

“I’m listening.” Shining Armor sees looking at the three intently.

“You see, we snuck aboard the train when our sisters came from Ponyville, we were hoping to be part of the wedding.” Apple Bloom admits.

“Your sisters?” Shining Armor says.

“Applejack.” Apple Bloom says.

“Rarity.” Sweetie says. “Scootaloo came along because she’s part of our group.”

“Your sisters are heroes, and while I’m not happy that you snuck on a train, I'm glad you are okay.” Shining Armor says. “I take it this is why I didn’t see any of the off-duty guards on the streets? They were defending the barracks and these three fillies?”

“Yes, sir.” Slender Blade admits.


“Good work.” Shining Armor says. “I will take care of these three.” With that he leaves, and the Crusaders follow him. He leads them up to the royal apartments to his fiance. “Cadance, darling.”

“What is it Shining?” Cadance asks. As she relaxes between deciding what everypony’s part in the wedding would be.

“I brought some fillies that wish to meet you.”

“OH?” Cadance smiles.

Shining Armor lets the three in. “Introduce yourself girls.”

“I’m Apple Bloom, this is Sweetie Belle, and that’s Scootaloo. We’re the Cutie Mark Crusaders.”

“Goodness, you three are just adorable!” Cadance says.

“We were hoping to be part of your wedding.” Apple Bloom says.

“Flower fillies maybe?” Sweetie Belle squeaks.

“I don’t see why not.” Cadance answers. “Let’s go see my dress maker, we’ll need to get you some dresses.”

“Yeah!” The girls exclaim as they follow Cadance, not realizing where they were going until.

“Sweetie Belle! What are you doing here?” Rarity yells.

“I take it you know these three ponies? " Cadance asks.

“Why of course, that's my sister and her friends."

"If you are so well acquainted then I'll leave them with you, and I expect you to have their flower filly outfits ready for the wedding."

"Of course." Rarity says and Cadance leaves. "Come on girls, let’s get you fitted."