• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 1,129 Views, 8 Comments

Random guy with Random powers - Mr_Perlimpinpin



It's just a story of a random guy who got random powers.

  • ...
11
 8
 1,129

Chapter 2 : I never asked for that

"*yawn* Woa! Was I sleeping?" I asked myself as I slowly got up from... grass?

Yes, grass. I was sleeping... on grass... What the fuck just happened? And why is my skin all grayish and...

"Wait WHAT?!" I shouted. Why was all of my skin now gray?!

'What's that? Am I dreaming?'

Just to verify this hypothesis, I held my hand and slapped myself in the face-

"Owowowowow!" I screamed. For a moment I thought I'd broken my jaws!

I take a look at my hand, my grayish hand. Or maybe a silverish hand, in fact it kinda looked like some sort of metal...

"Metal..." I muttered pensively.

Then it hit me.

"Oh no..." I say anxiously as I remember the event of yesterday. The ticket, the lady, the theater, the deal...

I can't believe it, this was REAL?! Now even though I'm an open-minded person, I absolutely do not believe in gods. In fact, I always thought that the very concept of gods is completely ridiculous. And now a real goddess, the freaking goddess of Chaos, Eris herself, visited ME?!
That makes no sense, I'm just a normal guy with no ambition! Why did she choose me to participate in her game? I mean, it's quite an honor, but now I have to cope with the fact that I am in another universe and that I got 3 superpowers!

“mmmm what were they by the way?” I asked myself. “Let's see... hem… there was Auto-Reflex... Gamma radiation manipulation, and metal mimicry I think..."

This last one quite proved to me that it wasn't a dream. That explained the silverish skin tough. In fact, when I think about it, it's kinda cool, I've got a metal body so I'm pretty durable, I can manipulate gamma radiation which is really powerful (being a sort-of nerd quite helpful to know that) and I've got Auto-Reflex which means that I can automatically evade attacks if I'm right. Man, I'm kind of a big deal now! Of course, I know nothing about this universe and I'm sure I will get my ass kicked for having thought that, so let's not get too cocky right now, I don't want to temp the universe even more.

“Well, I should be happy. I wanted something to happen, and you know what? something happened! Incredible don't ya think?” Did I say kinda sarcastic? Well in fact I'm always sarcastic when the occasion shows up. It's a good thing you know? That means that I'm not going to hold my head and cry or start descending into madness.

'So! Grumbling about my new condition won't lead me anywhere, so what do I do about it?' I thought.

Well, the question was kinda simple but also quite complicated. I surely can't return home, not only because Eris won't let me do that but also because I, well, don't really want to go back. I mean if you were living an eternity of near-infinite boredom, and then you were suddenly thrown into another world by a god (well a goddess in my case) which also gave you one to five superpowers and let you do anything you want, would you go back to the boredom?
Even though this world might be dangerous, and I know that I'm now without a home, money, or food but I can cope with that. The thing is, for all the disadvantages, you are still much better here than at home. Just take it easy and live with what you've got.

Okay, enough self-reassurance. Time to move.

'So what should I do? Why not explore this world? It's kinda cool when you think about it! Yeah, I think I could do that. But first of all...'

“I need to see if there is any sort of civilization nearby.”

Considering how boring it would be to watch someone wander into a completely uninhabited world, I'm pretty sure that the world where Eris send me is occupied. However, I don't think they could be humans, the probability of that is really small. But I can cope with aliens. Well, inter-dimensional aliens in that case.
“Let's see what I got nearby.” I quietly said.

As I looked around (and got up on the same occasion), I saw that I was in some sort of big clearing, with a small layer of grass and flowers. There was a big forest on my left but that's for another time, I don't want to know what are the super-predators of this world right now. To my right, I saw a quite elevated hill in the distance which was perfect because I needed a good viewpoint.

“Well, here I go” I said with some cheer. The hill wasn't too far but I needed to walk a little before reaching it. I'm happy that I ate something before being sent here.






If there is something that I really appreciate in my new condition, it's that I don't feel really different. Maybe a little heavier but it's barely noticeable. Apart from that, I don't have any issues walking, breathing, or anything really. I'm quite glad about that because I don't want to live in a body that feels constantly uncomfortable.
Also, the world where I was sent sure is really beautiful, green all over the land, clear blue sky, truly what you would see in a fantasy world. Maybe exploring this place could be more than just fun, I could get used to such a wonderful world. In mine, there aren't many places like that left.

So after a little stroll I finally reached the hill, which was even taller than I thought. Perfect viewpoint indeed. I tranquility walked to the top and admired the view.

“wow...” That is all I could say as I stared at the scenery that struck my eyes. It was even better from above: more green that seemed to extend indefinitely, a forest so big that I couldn't see the end, and what seem to be some sort of... village?

'Is that... a Middle Ages village?' I thought as I looked upon it. The houses seemed to be made of wood and stone with a straw roofs. I couldn't see any sort of advanced technology.
Maybe I was really in a fantasy world, these always seemed to be blocked into the Middle Ages. But that wasn't a big deal, as long they have showers and toilets that is.

'Well, better keep moving. Let's see what we have here.'

With this thought in mind, I started to calmly walk toward the village. It's not like I have a better choice anyways and I needed some bit of information on this world at least.






“And I say YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHYEAHEH~” I sang happily as I continued to walk toward the village.

It's been a long time since I'd sung. Usually, that means my mental condition is quite good. Also, it helps beguile the time while walking because there's not much else to do, and I really wanted to sing that song. After all, it helped me discover the internet.
I also noticed that I'd been walking quite a long time and the sun was beginning to fold, so I decided to accelerate the pace a bit. Everybody knows that, in a fantasy world, the worst monsters always come out at night and I don't want to make friends with them. Fortunately, the village wasn't very far anymore. Unfortunately, I was beginning to hear strange noises coming from the wood that follows the plains where I was.
I'm even sure I've seen some sort of green eyes in the forest, no idea what that was but don't want to find out now.

Finally, after a long march, I was in front of the village. Now that I could take a closer look at it, It was really some sort of Middle Ages city with straw for the roof, stone for walls, and all that stuff.
I was also hearing some talks. But what was truly surprising, is that they seemed to be... ENGLISH?!

“What the hell? Do they really speak English? How is that possible?” I asked myself.

The idea that I could in fact have fallen into a human world came to my mind but I wasn't really sure, so I decided to investigate. I entered the village and moved toward the voice, more particularly one that seemed to speak alone.
As I moved around the corner of the house next to the voice, it seemed to come toward me. And then I saw...

nothing? wut?

“WOA?! What is that?!” A feminine voice yelled in front of me.

'Huh? Who said that?' I thought confusingly.

The voice seemed to come from a little lower than me, so I looked down...

and I saw it…

A blue... black-maned... yellow-eyed… little horse... with big cartoon eyes…

I think the sentence “What the actual fuck” describe the situation well.

“Who-... What are you?!” she responded with a clearly surprised look on her face.

Oh excuse me, a blue, black-maned, yellow-eyed, TALKING, little horse with big cartoon eyes.

What the actual fuck indeed.

Comments ( 4 )

Are ypou dead?

It was just a prank he is really dead

Pls make more this is awesome

Sup

Had nothing better to do. So I fixed most of the HORRID grammar while I was here.

Seriously I can't believe I wrote that. Eurgh!:pinkiesick:

Don't know if I will get back to it. I still got a lot of ideas but writing is just a goddam chore for me.

Login or register to comment