• Published 29th Aug 2014
  • 932 Views, 5 Comments

Revenge Is Sweet (Especially For A Changeling) - Natura



What did Chrysalis do after she was defeated and expunged from Canterlot?

  • ...
0
 5
 932

They will learn to fear


Chrysalis couldn't move. Her entire body was locked in bright disgustingly pink energy from that ridiculous love spell that had ensnared and launched her. She was sailing in the air far away from the castle of canterlot and deep into the Everfree forest. Suddenly the spell upon her dissipated. She hissed in surprise and flared her wings to stop her descent.


Chrysalis took note of her surroundings. None of her children were in sight, They must have been scattered by the “Love” of that pink mess and the gullible prince. Love generally tastes to a changeling what a sweet confectionery tastes like to a pony. All changelings lust after it. But that love was too powerful. It was sickly and even now Chrysalis felt light headed from the trip she had taken.


Canterlot was now a speck in the distance, Far away, It seemed as if the shield was up again and Chrysalis’s keen eyes picked this out. She was not a fool, attacking right now on her own was paramount to suicide. Mumbling in frustration she carefully flew down onto the inky blackness of the Everfree and if one listened carefully they could hear the words. “One day you will bow to me or I will mount your heads on my throne, Either way I will get my revenge”


Many thought the changelings gone. All of them had been forcibly ejected from society by the blast. More families than one might think were broken apart because a changeling had infiltrated them only to disappear without a trace never to be seen again.Overall life returned to normal over the next few months. The guard began to go back to normal patrols and both princesses had fully recovered from their ordeal. It truly seemed as if the changelings had faded into history like so many others before them. But that was not the case.


Chrysalis was always watching from the edges. Long ago when she had first been caught by the love magic she had learned that her children had gone. There were no bodies to speak of. She had no idea what had happened. Had her children abandoned her? Perhaps the magic ended them and spared her for some unknown reason.


Whatever the case Chrysalis was getting angrier. She was angry at herself for being too callous in her attempted takeover of canterlot. She was angry at the pony’s for defeating her and she was angry at her children for leaving her. Often times she just sat uncontrollably sobbing for her losses. Other times she would be taken in a storm of rage shaking the ground in her fury. Luckily for her the nest she had created was deep in the Everfree where nopony featured.But still she waited for her perfect moment. She had a plan.All she needed was a touch of chaos to perfect it. She knew exactly where to find it.


It had now been a full year since the changeling invasion. Chrysalis was ready to move to her goal. She set off in the start of dusk. She prowled around the Everfree slipping between darkened trees. Unspeakable horrors lurked around her. Beasts that would drive the most stalwart hero insane and the bravest warriors into fleeing cowards. But they sensed her power and stayed back fearful of the wrath in her eyes and power inside her.


Some hours passed when Chrysalis exited from the forest. She looked upwards. The night was beautiful and entrancing. The night princess Luna had chosen tonight for some reason to be especially garish. Chrysalis snorted, She cared naught for displays of beauty. In fact it only increased her disgust for the princesses. Chrysalis looked around watchfully. Years of experience had given her the incentive to check her surroundings for any suspicious activity.


A cottage looking like it was built by the earth around it sat nearby. Many different animals littered the trees around the cottage. Chrysalis knew this was the element of kindnesses house. She was tempted to observe it longer but the animals nearby had picked up her scent and were creating a disturbance. Soon the wielder of the element will come out to investigate.


Chrysalis slipped away into the night, She stuck to side roads and generally stayed on the edge of town. Most ponies were asleep and those wandering would not see her as she was unnaturally good at hiding her larger than normal body in the dark. But she was forced to hide when two royal guards walked past. One was a unicorn with a black coat and the other a pegasus with a white one.


The pegasus looked like he had been through a war, with many visible scars on his muzzle and chest. However His eyes seemed to radiate calmness. Chrysalis had something close to respect for him. It seemed like he was injured in the course of duty but returned to his work. His partner had the same aura but lacked the scars. They both walked onwards neither noticing the changeling queen less than fifty meters from them. Chrysalis slipped from her hiding place and continued.However the town was not the place Chrysalis needed to be. She used a combination of flying short distances and trotting to carry herself to Canterlot. Slowly approaching her goal.


More hours passed until it was very early in the morning. Chrysalis had now made it to the boundary of the large city. She narrowed her eyes in hatred at the city. New defenses had been placed on the city but her advanced magic negated all of them so she could enter undetected.


The city was quiet and the twisting streets offered Chrysalis plenty of hiding places. All she needed now was a way to the castle. She carefully entered the city sticking to rooftops and dark corners. Guard patrols were frequent but no one even detected a hint of her. Chrysalis continued onwards to the castle until she faced the large iron doors.


There was no chance of her getting into the castle. The magic was simply too strong for even her to break through. But she didn’t really need to go into the castle. Just the gardens. She stealthy flew over the wall into the royal garden. When the animals inside saw her they fled in terror at the sight. Fortunately they made little noise as they did so and disappeared without a trace.


Chrysalis still kept to the shadows but it seemed the garden lacked a guard to patrol it. Hissing softly she slid nearer to the stone statue part of the garden. It was darker here then in the main garden and the trees loomed menacingly overhead. Chrysalis paid them no mind as she passed equestria’s most dangerous criminals all encased in stone.She continued until she reached a wooded grove filled with flowers and other flora in a chaotic fashion. There in the middle was a statue frozen in the graceless poise of shock. Chrysalis easily identified the statue as the mad god of chaos Discord. He was the thing she needed if her plan was to succeed.As she approached she sensed a sudden shift in the amount of magic around her. She made to react but was too slow and she collapsed her vision fading to black.


Chrysalis woke up groaning slightly. Her forest green eyes opened only to find a pair of red ones staring back at her only a few inches away. She fought the urge to bite him. He was still important to her cause. Recovering from her momentary surprise she stood. Somehow Discord was free and had backed away to a respectable distance smirking at her. She was on a pitch black plain. Nothing could be seen in any direction except for Discord who she fixed with a level unamused look.


“Why the long face Chrissi? I thought you’d be happy to see me. You have been looking for me for quite a while now.” Discord said reclining back into a chair he had made appear.


“You knew?” Chrysalis asked quirking an eyebrow.


“Why of course! All that anger was bound to attract someone. Luckily for you it attracted me. I have to tell you all that stress isn't good for a fine young mare… I mean changeling like yourself. So when you arrived I simply knocked you out and voila we are here in your dreams where we can have a nice little chat.”


Chrysalis was not amused. “Enough of the games Discord you know why I am here so talk”


“Tsk Tsk Chrissi you always were impatient” Discord said rolling his eyes.” So you want to get revenge? Well I know of your plan and unfortunately it won’t work”


Chrysalis widened her eyes. That plan was flawless. She had meticulously planned every detail.


“No it’s not” Discord said a mischievous glint in his eyes.


“How did you?...”


“Not important” Discord suddenly grew serious and he adopted a neutral expression.


“Listen Chrysalis I want to be free. Do you know how cramped I get when in stone? Your plan won’t work because, and I loath to say this you have overestimated my powers. I am a god but not a miracle worker. But luckily for you I have a little alternative that could work”


“And that is?” Chrysalis asked impatiently.


“Hold your horses let me finish. You see my dear all of the elements are so fragile and delicate. The smallest blemish on their friendship and the whole system falls apart”


“And this is relevant, How?


Discord’s face suddenly split open into a large sly grin. “ With a little help I believe their so called magic of friendship could fall apart.”


“How are we meant to do that?”


“Would you stop interrupting me? Anyhow I won’t do it you will my part comes later”


Chrysalis waited for Discord to continue after he paused to reposition himself.


“Again I loath to say it but you are intelligent Chrysalis. I know deep in that black heart of yours you can find some way to cause chaos.”


“What then?”


“Simple. The chaos caused by the elements breaking apart will easily be enough to free me. In fact it might make me even more powerful. Not only that but all the other statues will break free. All the statues here are the worst Equestria has to offer, They don’t belong in prison because its to dangerous for them to even move.”


“So while the freed criminals are slaughtering and pillaging the city, You and me will slip into the castle. Then while the princesses are distracted we can easily defeat them. With the elements broken they will have no defence.”


“And when they are all gone?”


“I will leave, I’ve had enough of this dimension. You can rule this place I have no connection to it. Then you can rebuild your empire and rule with an iron hoof with the ponies as your slaves. Such a beautiful sight that would be” Discord said wiping away a tear.


“Fine we will work together” Suddenly she got very close to Discord and looked him in the eye. “But if you betray me there will be dire consequences” She hissed menacingly.


“Ooh I’m so scared! Grow up Chrissi we’re past all the yelling and threatening we should be friends!” He said mockingly trying to hug her.


Chrysalis recoiled avoiding him. “ Just be sure you are ready” She said.


“Not like I have anything better to do” Discord grumbled. “Alrighty then see ya soon you overgrown bug!” Discord said as Chrysalis again began to fall down and faint.


Chrysalis awoke on the ground where she had fainted. The process had left a dull pain in her head. She carefully massaged the area while looking back at the statue. It had changed position so it was now looking directly at her miming a throat slit.


Chrysalis rolled her eyes. He was useful but she wished he wasn’t so dramatic. She rose and watchfully glanced at her surroundings. The garden around her had not changed but it was almost dawn. It was time to go.


She flitted away following the same path she had used before. It was not daytime yet and the whole area was still almost pitch black. She exited the city and flew fast towards the town of Ponyville. No one saw her as she entered the sleepy and peaceful town.


She began locating the houses of the elements. She did this by locating high magic concentrations around the town searching for the most dense, for that is where the elements were. She knew the bearer of kindness had a cottage near the Everfree. She would be easy to get to. Next she located the beare of loyalty. Her sky mansion was situated about half a kilometre away from Ponyville and was very resplendent of cloudsdale architecture. Bright white clouds perfectly framed a rainbow waterfall and the whole place looked hoof crafted. She marked down the position in her mind and continued searching.


Next was the element of honesty. Chrysalis knew she was a farmer and quickly located the farm just outside of Ponyville. She flew above it taking in the details. It was clear they owned much land and a dilapidated red barn. Perhaps this could be used to her advantage...


“What in the?” Chrysalis heard a voice from far off say. Her ears were naturally very attuned to hearing at large distances. Chrysalis looked over and her heart leapt to one thousand beats per minute. Standing some distance away was the element of honesty herself. Chrysalis quickly flew downwards and sheltered in a cluster of apple trees.She mentally scolded herself. Of course she would be up early she’s a farmer! Chrysalis only hoped she had not been spotted by the mare and the darkness had disguised her.


Suddenly she heard a rustling to her right. Hidden in the branches she saw honesty looking around the brush.


“Rainbow is that you? Ah don’t have time for ya little games” She said looking up at the trees. Chrysalis stayed perfectly still not moving as her eyes swept through the branches.

The mare shrugged and said nothing, Returning back to the cart she had left behind she attached herself and moved of allowing Chrysalis to breath. Chrysalis slipped away through the branches exiting the orchard. She growled in frustration, She could not afford to get caught here. Swearing to be more careful she set out for the next element.


Next was the element of laughter. Focussing herself she was drawn into town. On the way she was distracted by a horribly bright carousel. It was almost painfully colourful. That was where the element of generosity resided. Taking note of that fact she continued into town.


The element of laughter was situated in the middle of town. It was obviously dangerous to go in but she had to find out where they lived. She crept around the rooftops making sure to keep herself hidden as she found the source. It was a bakery. By the changelings it was worse than the carousel! All bright pink. Chrysalis forced herself to look at it for a few seconds before turning tail and running away.


She now knew where five of the elements were. But she still needed magic. She hissed in disgust, Twilight Sparkle ranked high on the list of her personal enemies and she would be the first to fall.


Locating her was easy enough. It was the largest magic source around for miles. Tucked away Chrysalis found a massive hollow tree that contained the home of the bearer of magic. Chrysalis glared at the structure. “ Know this Twilight Sparkle, Your head will be the first I will remove when I conquer Canterlot. With that Chrysalis fled into the night.

Comments ( 5 )

Great story. Have a like!

"You like revenge, right? Everybody likes revenge! Well let's go get some!" - GLaDOS.

Are you sure this is complete?

4924243 Maybe I will expand if it gets popular enough.

4924507 In order to do that, advertise. Don't just wait for it to be added to groups it fits in, add it yourself.

This has promise. Have a like and a fav!

Login or register to comment