• Published 25th Aug 2014
  • 1,552 Views, 19 Comments

Mother May I - epreeses1



Scootaloo's an orphan, we all know this, but when her mother starts to give her gifts, things heat up.

  • ...
19
 19
 1,552

Epilogue

Scootaloo, Fluttershy and Applejack sat at one of the outside tables at Sugercube Corner. Scootaloo had two ice cream sandwiches with peanut butter cookies and mint chocolate chip ice cream; Fluttershy had a single sugar cookie and Applejack didn’t get anything.

A week had passed since Scootaloo moved in with her new mother. She still went to Twilight’s after school and worked for Fluttershy, but instead of a pay check she got an allowance. It was Scootaloo’s idea.

Like before the reunion, Fluttershy still gave her two days of her choice off to play with her growing number of friends.

The move seemed to change Scootaloo. Living without the stress of the cold or whether she’d get sent back to the orphanage had calmed her nerves, also, living with one of the most passive ponies in all of Ponyville helped her calm down even more, something about emulating your parents or something.

Now she never picked a fight or yelled at anyone; she still had all her energy, possibly more now that she slept in a real bed with a warm hoof stitched blanket, and her spunk never seemed to leave her. She just calmed down.

“So what do you think Pinkie said to Twilight to make her freak out so much, Mom?” Scootaloo turned to the yellow mare, a curious smile on her face.

It took her two days to call Fluttershy, Mom, without shuttering, and another three to call her, mom outside the home.

“I don’t know, but when I walked by her library, I heard her scream ‘Take your glass of water, Discord!’” Fluttershy turned to Applejack, who was trying to sneak a bit of Fluttershy’s cookie. Fluttershy sighed, giggled, and gave her half.

“Thank ya kindly, Flutters,” Applejack said with a nervous smile. “I’d get ma own, but this time of the month means the farm’s low on funds. Ah’ll pay you back in a week or so.”

“No need, Applejack, it’s just a cookie” Fluttershy said. “oh Scootaloo! You got ice cream all over your face again!” She pulled out a handkerchief.

“Mom!” Scootaloo groaned as the cloth touched her face.

No one ever gave her this kind of attention, well, maybe Twilight, but that didn’t happen enough to count, and at first it was embarrassing, especially outside, but after a bit it became soothing. She liked having someone care enough to wipe the ice cream off her face. It made her feel special.

“Ah heard Pinkie say somthin bout Discord burning half ‘er books to the ground, and the only way to get them back was to wait on him for two full weeks.” Applejack nibbled on her cookie half, smiling at the motherly love Scootaloo was receiving.
“She deserves it!” Scootaloo shouted.

“I have to agree with her,” Fluttershy added. “It wasn’t right to break our Pinkie Promises, but I do think two weeks is a bit much.”

“Espically after… ‘gulp’ sorry, Granny says don’t talk with food in yer mouth, and look at me.” Fluttershy giggled before motioning for her to continue. “Especially after gettin two good swings in on her face like she did. Oh boy, there was a lotta scramin.”

“Twilight screamed?” Scootaloo said, surprised. “Serves her right!”

“Scootaloo! What have I told you about wishing pain onto others?” Fluttershy finished cleaning her face and put the handkerchief away. “That’s just not right.”

“Sorry, Mom, it’s just you were covering my ears back when it happened, and well, I guess… I don’t know.” Scootaloo quickly dove into her second sandwich, her blush the only thing keeping Fluttershy from scalding her.

A few minutes later, after everything calmed down, the trio turned when a shrill shout come from the library. “I’ll Kill You Discord!!!”

Scootaloo laughed, Fluttershy sighed before smiling, and Applejack closed her eyes and nibbled on her cookie some more.

Comments ( 15 )

Scootaloo is an orphan, we all know this

No, we don't know this. It's just fanon. There's no evidence in canon.

4903694 I know Scootaloo being an orphan isn't cannon. I just wrote what I like, and those stories appealed to me.

4903661 what is ooc? If it's head cannon then you're right. Also scootaloo being Fluttershy's daughter isn't my headcannon, I just like that aspect the fandom made for her.

4904655
But your story description makes it sound like you're stating that this is an established fact.
Also, "cannon" and "canon" don't mean the same thing.

P.S. "OOC" stands for "Out of Character".

4905579 fair enough. I guess I did ask for that.
Also cannon canon, same difference. You know what I'm talking about, I know what I'm talking about.

I really liked this story, yes it was pradictable atleast for me who the mother was, and I feel pinkie was a little mean when she punished Twilight for breaking 2 pinkie promises. But the story still made up for it by showing Scoots emotional desend from happy to depressed anger, I just have 1 question why did Fluttershy abandon Scoots if you could answer that please

4932653 actually I can't, not becouse I don't know the answer, but it would be spoiled for the next story I'm planning. The one where I go into fluttershys past and explain Scootaloos origins. I just need a few more details and a bit of time to get started.

Also, I feel like twilight got what she deserved, but that just might be me enjoying touturing ponies a little too much, I don't know.

4940749 ok I understand both you get carried away when you toture ponies it just happens:pinkiehappy:and cant wait for the story now

Got someone to edit for you or should I drop ya a PM? I noticed a few mistakes.

4953591 I had a few people at one time, but they all disappeared.

4954865 I'll look over it after work then.

4956580 sweet, I can get you the gdoc if you're interested.

Good story right up until you had the part with Pinkie and the baseball bat assaulting Twilight. I'm sorry but I am going to have to down vote on the grounds that even Pinkie can not assault royalty (even a friend) without there being consequences for her actions.

5266148 Cool, do as you wish.

Lol this fic is surprisingly funny I mean it all turned out okay in the end but the torture on Twilight :rainbowlaugh:!

Good story but you ruined it with the Pinkie thing and how ooc Twilight was.

Login or register to comment