• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 1,674 Views, 56 Comments

Spike Gets Friendzoned - Slowpoke



The friend zone... We've all been there. Unfortunately, Spike finds himself there a lot.

  • ...
13
 56
 1,674

Dashzoned

Rainbow Dash and Spike were perched atop a cloud in the evening sky, eyes shut and just enjoying the beautiful weather.

Spike, since growing his wings, had been training with Rainbow Dash for the weather team. Cloud removal, precipitation advancement… he was trying to learn it all.

More importantly, to him at least, was the quality time he had been able to spend with Dash. Unbeknownst to him before, the two of them shared a lot in common, and had become closely knit friends.

Maybe even more than friends. Or that could just be wishful thinking on Spike’s part. He, however, wanted to tell her how he felt. Or hint at it, at least. He had pretty much fallen in love with her by this point, and he hoped that she felt the same way.

“Ah, yeah, this is the life, huh, Spike?” Rainbow said, stretching out her wings and smiling ear to ear.

“Definitely,” Spike replied with an equally large smile. “It’s the best. Especially after the long day today, this cloud sure feels nice.”

Rainbow looked up for a moment and a small blush crossed her face. “Hey, Spike, can I ask you something?”

“Um, okay.”

“Sorry this is so sudden, but I just wanted to ask before I forgot.” Rainbow cleared her throat and turned to fully look at Spike. “Well, we’ve been really close for awhile now, and I was thinking…”

Wait a sec. Is she...asking me out?

“Well, I’m not much for romance or anything, but I think I’ve found someone I really like.” Rainbow’s blush burnt bright red and she veered her head down to the cloud beneath her.

“Um, okay,” Spike said, his body practically shaking in an effort control his impulse to scream and shout praises of joy.

“And, well, I’m pretty sure, you already know who he is…”

“Yeah, I think I do,” Spike said. “And I just want to let you know that I’m definitely on board with this. In fact, I’ve been waiting for this for awhile.”

“Really?” Rainbow turned to Spike with a huge smile and engulfed him in a hug. “Thanks, Spike! You’re the best! Thanks for being by my side all this time.”

“No problem,” Spike said, returning the hug. “So, what’s the plan now?”

“Well, I was planning on asking him out tomorrow, but I think I’m gonna head to Thunderlane’s place right now and ask him! Thanks for being such a good friend, Spike.”

Spike’s mind froze as Rainbow took off, her words echoing through his head.

Stupid friend zone!

Author's Note:

What's worse than being friendzoned? Looking like an idiot while doing it.