• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 1,664 Views, 56 Comments

Spike Gets Friendzoned - Slowpoke



The friend zone... We've all been there. Unfortunately, Spike finds himself there a lot.

  • ...
13
 56
 1,664

Applezoned

The steaming hot sunlight blasted upon the apple orchards of Sweet Apple Acres. Spike’s scales soaked up the rays greedily and made him feel energized as he took the last few baskets of apples to the cart.

“Well I’ll be,” said Applejack, dumping her own basket. “Ah reckon’ that’s the quickest we’ve ever gotten the daily apple buckin’ done.”

“I’d have to agree,” said Spike with a proud smile.

“I’d like to take the credit, but I’ve gotta admit it, Spike… it sure is nice having you around so much these days, helpin’ out with the chores.”

“It’s no problem at all,” Spike said, flashing a wink. “Ever since that last growth spurt I’ve been needing ways to channel my energy.”

“Well, heck, I for one sure do appreciate it. It used to get pretty lonely out in the orchards all day. Big Mac’s out here, but, well, he ain’t one for conversation. It’s nice having somepony to talk to.”

“Ah, shucks, don’t mention it, Applejack,” Spike said with a chuckle. “I love being out here with you. You’re one of my best friends.”

“Same here, Spike. I’ve definitely enjoyed all the time we spend together, now.”

Spike’s heart began to pump a bit faster. He’d be lying if he said he didn’t harbor a crush on the beautiful farm pony, and today he was going to try to take things to the next level.

“Um, Applejack?”

“Yes, Spike?”

“Well, I’m sure you know this already, but the traveling fair is setting up in town square next week, and I was thinking maybe, I don’t know, you’d like to go with me for the day. Maybe?”

“Ah, Spike, I’d love to go with you!” Applejack said with a huge smile.

Spike’s face lit up at her response. “Oh, gosh, that’s awesome! I’ll go ahead and buy the tick—”

“And we can invite Caramel, Twilight, and maybe Big Mac will wanna go. It can be a fun group thing!”

“...”

Stupid friend zone!

Author's Note:

Ooh, the "group escape" tactic. Very smooth AJ.