• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 1,668 Views, 56 Comments

Spike Gets Friendzoned - Slowpoke



The friend zone... We've all been there. Unfortunately, Spike finds himself there a lot.

  • ...
13
 56
 1,668

Flutterzoned

“Gotcha!”

Spike pounced on the couch cushion with the rabbit ears protruding from behind, and scooped up the rebel Angel Bunny from behind.

“I found him, Fluttershy!” Spike called out, wrestling the bunny into his grasp.

Fluttershy bolted into the room, beaming at the duo on the couch. “Oh, Spike, thank you!”

She nabbed the bunny from him with a wing. “Now, Angel, you have to have your bath. I know it’s no fun, but if not your fur will get all matted and nasty.”

Angel just looked at her with a frown that could make Chrysalis run for cover.

“Also, you should apologise to Spike for all the trouble you put him through, today,” Fluttershy said, giving Angel a stern look.

“Oh, it’s alright, Flutters,” Spike said. “I enjoy coming over here and helping you.”

“I know, and I love having you, but I still feel bad you wasted your entire morning helping me chase Angel.”

“It wasn’t a problem. Actually, if you have any other work you need help with, I’d love to stick around.”

“Oh, Spike, that’s so sweet!” Fluttershy said, wrapping a wing around him in a hug.

Spike blushed a little at the contact, but managed to keep his composure. “Aww, shucks, hehe…”

To say Spike had feelings for Fluttershy would be a massive understatement. The two had been hanging out several times a week for some time and had become very close. Recently, however, Spike was looking for a way to tell her he wanted to take it to the next level.

He just had to create an opportunity.

“You know, Fluttershy,” Spike said, releasing himself from her hug. “I really enjoy spending time with you.”

“Oh, me too, Spike! It’s always enjoyable to spend time with you.”

“Oh, well, um, I’m glad you feel that way, because I was actually thinking I would like to be able to spend more time with you in the future. You know, time where we can get to know each other more.” Spike’s heart raced in anticipation of her response.

“Oh, Spike, that’s a wonderful idea!”

“I-It is?” he asked, a smile creeping onto his face. “You really want to?”

“Of course,” Fluttershy said, nuzzling his cheek. “I always enjoy spending time with my favourite dragon. It’s so nice to have a good friend like you who I can enjoy time with without things getting complicated. That’s so hard to find these days.”

Spike felt his heart sink at the same pace as his smile. “Yeah, it’s pretty awesome.”

Stupid friend zone!

Author's Note:

Ouch, the "let's not complicate things" line.