• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 6,092 Views, 65 Comments

Shadow Boxer - commander sweetie belle



When an overly enthusiastic martial artist is sent to equestria, can he fend off the hostile wild life? And what about the ponies themselves, who see him as nothing more than a pet to be used for their own purposes? (Based on Your Human and You)

  • ...
19
 65
 6,092

Chapter 3: Feel the Burn

Special thinks to ICantThinkOfAName for editing this chapter!

Warning: this chapter is the reason I decided to put the gore tag to this story. It won’t go into anything full blown Fallout Equestria style, but it is still gore. Just thought it would be good to give you all a heads up. Anyways on with the show!

When I first looked at that book and found out that they think I’m some animal, I’ll admit I thought that it would be fun to play along for a bit. You know, see how all the ponies react when I start dancing like the WD frog then stop when they try and tell someone. Or maybe when they’re sleeping I’ll reorganize their socks all over the floor to look like the Mona Lisa, and then act like I had no idea what was going on.

But I have to draw the line at being adopted to some lonely teen pony who wants to play with me, and not like fetch.

The little unicorn was still in my arms as it looked at me with bedroom eyes. “I need an adult.” I think to myself, as I look around the room to find the only two ponies that could fall under that category. The older unicorn was talking to the only pony I have seen here that isn’t a pegasus or unicorn. They were talking quietly to each other so I couldn’t hear them, but by the way the normal pony looked it was not a happy chat.

“Looks like I’m on my own for this one.” I think to myself. I couldn’t talk, but that’s ok, because if there’s one thing being by myself taught me it’s how to make funny faces and weird sounds when I’m bored.

I put down the little unicorn, who looked up at me with a small frown before she lifted her front hoofs up at me like she was waiting for me to pick her back up. I ignore her as I look over to the two ponies talking, and let out a loud whistle to get their attention, then put my hands up like I was going to make an announcement.

It worked as every eye was now on me, and I have to say the way that every, um pony, was looking at me was funny. Every mouth hit the floor, except for the older red unicorn who was giving me the stink eye.

I started by pointing at the little unicorn at my feet and grunting in what I hoped sounded like a"No,"before I turn my attention over to Nickel and tugged at the collar that was around my neck, before giving her the slow head shake of disappointment. Next on my list was the older unicorn as I looked at him and pointed a finger before…..

My action was cut off with a blinding flash of red light followed by the feeling of weightlessness. I felt my stomach rising into my throat for a brief moment before gravity returned and I landed on my back. I opened my eyes to see that I was in a box barely big enough for me to fit in. There where small holes along the side of the box, I looked up to see that there was a cage door trapping me inside. I struggled around to roll onto my stomach so I could get a better look at where I was now. When I looked out I could see that I was in the same room as before but the box that I was in was laying on the floor. Then it hit me “The damn things put me in a pet carrier!” I scream in my head.

“Why did you do that?” I heard the little unicorn ask.

I tried to move so I could see the older unicorn as he answered “Morning Glory, we can’t have him jumping around like that in the sky chariot, he might fall.”

“I’m not going anywhere.” I say in my head, as I try to get out of the little container. I could have broken the plastic carrier easily if I was out side, but there was so little space in here that I could barely move. I started trying to stick my fingers out of the holes in the cage that make the door to the carrier and try and undo the lock, but the lock was really weird and the angle I was in made it hard.

Then I heard Nickel jump into the conversation “You can’t take him!” she shot out to everyone in the room.

“And why not?” asked Mr. Rose.

I cranked my head to the side to look at Nickel, who was looking around at the floor like she was looking for something, then she quickly looked up with a smile and said “Because he may already belong to somepony, here I’ll show you.”

Then ran out of the room leaving us there to wonder what she was doing. Before long she returned with my GI top and held it up for everyone to see, as she pointed to my studio logo under the left lapel. “See, he already has a mark on his clothes.”

It was a black shield with gold stitching lining the rim of the patch. There’s a bonsai tree in the center of the patch that set on top of a lined grid with a setting sun in the background. The letters U.S.S.D was stitched into the top of the shield in thick red letters.

“If you knew about this, then why did you fill out the paper work for him?” asked the only normal pony in the room.

Nickels ears splayed back on her head, “I didn’t. I left him with Cage, he must have been the one to fill it out.” she said.
“Well then if your trapper filled it out then he must feel that it was ok, and now that I signed the paper work that means the human legally belongs to me,” said Mr. Rose to the pegasus.

Then my GI top started to glow a light green, and floated over to the little Morning Glory. I noticed her horn glowing the same shade of green, and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that it was the unicorn that was levitating it around.

Morning Glory then looked up at Nickel and said “He even comes with his own clothes!” before taking a closer look at the studio patch and scrunching up her face, “Dad can we take this somewhere to get fixed?”

Mr. Rose walked over to his daughter, “Mr. Flank here doesn’t have the things that we need to do that, but assures me that he knows a place by Canterlot that has everything we need to (fix) him.”

I didn’t like the way he said that. Something about it just didn’t sound right and set off a warning bell in my head, but the little green unicorn didn’t seem to notice as she looked to Nickel and asked “Does he have anything else?”

Nickel ignored Morning Glory and looked at Mr. Flank, “Where is Cage?”

But instead the red older unicorn answered and said “I believe he is loading my slugs into the chariot out front.”

Nickel started to make her way to the front but before she could get out Mr. Flank said to her “Nickel, we are going now, so please go get the rest of the human’s things for us.”

She looked back at him with tears starting to well up in her eyes, before slowly walking off to gather my things. When I saw her face it nearly broke my heart. I wanted to go over and let her know that everything would be ok, but in truth I really didn’t know how things were going to turn out this time.

When she came back she was carrying a plastic bag filled with my clothes. They were quickly snatched up in Morning Glory’s magic. At least, magic is all I could think to call it, seeing that it was a unicorn doing it. Then, a light red glow enveloped the pet carrier I was in and I was lifted into the air.

I started floating to the front door, when Cage came in opening the door with his back, as he wiped some goop off his front hoofs and said, “I got your slugs already for the trip Mr. Rose just…” he trailed off from what he was saying when he notices me floating there. “What’s going on?” he asked

Mr. Flank continued to walk past him and said “I am going with Mr. Rose here to take care of the human, you are in charge of the store will I’m gone.” Before walking out of the store with the two unicorns.

As I was carried out I saw Nickel walk over to a very confused looking Cage, before the doors closed, blocking them from my view. I was set in the back of a brown chariot that had two pegasi strapped to the front of it. The rest of the ponies climbed in and the pegasus in front started to flap there wings.

The last thing I heard was Cage yelling “What!?”, before we took off into the sky.

~~~~><~~~~

I have been lying in this cramped box, with Morning Glory’s big purple eyes staring in at me for the past 20 minutes. At first I was trying to stick my fingers out and undo the lock, but every time I tried Morning would start to play with my finger using her hoof. So now I lay there waiting to be let out.

At this point I was fed up with everything that has happened. All I know is that the second I’m let out of this box, I am going to grab my things and go. I really didn’t care what they tried to do to stop me, because I was done putting up with this crap.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Morning Glory looked over her shoulder out at the sky, then back at me with a glimmer in her eyes and said, “Look, this is your new home!” then turned my prison to look out at a mountain.

I was amazed to see a city on the side of the mountain. It was made completely of stunning white stone with buildings that stretched out to the skies, each one topped with a golden roof that bulged out before forming the spires that gave the city a glow. A spring in the mountain formed a river that cut through the city, and then fell off the edge of the cliff the city made. The whole thing seemed to shine like the sun.

“This is Canterlot, you’re going to like it here.” she said with a hint of arrogance.

“You know he can’t understand you right?” said Mr. Flank, who was now looking back at us. “Besides, first we have to go there.” he said as he pointed a hoof down to the bottom of the water fall.

We started to make our descent to the town at the bottom of the water fall. It looked like what I would imagine a town would in King Arthur’s time, the buildings here where made out of gray stone and the roofs looked like straw. I swear, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone with a scroll read in a loud voice, that the egg just replaced the worm for the lowest form of currency, it looked so old.

We started to slow down in front of a building that had wooden beams holding it over the river, tufts of smoke where coming out of a large hole in the roof. A couple pegasi where flying down to the river and filling up buckets with water before flying back up and disappearing inside, Every now and then steaming water would fall from the bottom of the building back into the river.

As we were landing I could see the sine in front that said “Steel Smith and Metal Working”.

“Are you sure this is the place?” asked Mr. Rose to Mr. Flank

“Yeah, they may work metal here but that’s what makes it easy for them to do work on humans as well. This is where most ponies go for this kind of thing.” replied Mr. Flank

Again the warning bell went off in my head, then as if she could read my mind Morning Glory asked “What do you mean work on humans?”

Mr. Rose levitated the plastic bag with my clothes in it, “We are here to fix his things.” he said before jumping out of the chariot and lifting me with him, “Now be a good girl and stay here, and I’ll get you some new clothes for your human, ok?”

Morning Glory’s face lit up with joy at that and she happily nodded her head as she set in the chariot. Will Rose and Flank took me into this strange building that was setting off all kinds of alarms in my head. Flank was carrying my clothes in his mouth as I floated beside Rose.

When we got inside, I could see that there were at least six square pits filled with hot coals, all kinds of different metal carvings where hanging on the walls. One stood out to me, it looked almost like a Ying Yang Symbol but there were two ponies that had both wings and a horn flying around it, but instead of having the white and black dot it was replaced with a small moon and sun.
The Pegasus that collected water from the river where flying around delivering it everywhere. We walked up to a unicorn that was working by one of the pits, when Flank got his attention.

The unicorn working with the glowing hot coals turned around and said, “And what can I help you two with?”

“I was told you can castrate humans here?” asked Rose.

“Wait...what!?” I think to myself.

The unicorn that was working smiled at Rose, then said “Sure can, do it all the time, we can brand him for you too, no extra charge.”

At that I hear something scream, I looked over to where the sound came from, and to my horror there was another human here. He was stripped of all his clothes, blood was rushing down his legs as two ponies held him down with what looked like leather straps. The sound of the man screaming was like something I have never heard before,

I may not have seen that horrible act, but I know if I did it would stay with me for the rest of my life. I watched as they carried the still bleeding man over to a metal cage with several other humans there. All of them were naked and mangled, with either fresh blood running down their legs, or patches over there thigh covering what I could only imagine to be some horrible scar.

Something inside me snapped. I knew that this was no longer just me putting up with crap. Instead now I was in a fight for my life, and if I didn’t do something fast, then I would end up just like them. My heart started to pump faster as I tried to mentally prepare myself for what was going to happen.

The unicorn that worked at this place of horror grabbed a metal poker and with his magic carefully formed the tip of it into a shape that looked like the picture on Roses flank. Then placed it in the coals letting the metal turn a cherry hot red before he said, “Ok, why don’t you take him out and we can get started.”

I waited for the flash of light to take me out of the pet carrier, when it did I was floating in a red glow between the two unicorns. I was able to move my arms and legs but I couldn’t get any leverage floating there, but I was close enough. I quickly stretched out my right leg in front of Rose and hooked it around to slam my heel into the side of his head. It wasn’t a hard kick, but it was enough to make him lose concentration of his hold and drop me to the floor as he stumbled back.

I landed on the floor and pivoted on the ball of my left foot, as I swung my leg around to deliver the hardest round house kick I could. I was a little too close to him so my shin slammed into the head of the other unicorn instead of my foot. But I was reworded with the unicorn falling limp to the floor unconscious

I started to run for the door, but by then the other ponies started to spring into action. I didn’t get far before one of the pegasi flung a net at me that wrapped around my legs, sending me face first into the floor, I quickly rolled over onto my back to see the winged pony flying right at me.

I curled my body and lifted both of my feet into the air, putting my weight on my shoulders. When the pegasus came in I pushed off the floor and shot out with both feet into its stomach, then cranked my head to the side and rolled back over my shoulders to land on my knees.

I started to take the net off my legs, when another pegasus came flying at me. I quickly got the net off and whipped it open in front of the winged pony, who quickly curled up inside the net. With my opponent inside the net, I lifted it over my head and started to swing it around before throwing him into the wall, everything on the wall shook. The thing that looked like a Ying Yang Symbol even fell off the wall into one of the coal pits, he hit the wall so hard.

The sound of hoofs stomping on the floor made me turn to see Flank charging this way. I planted my feet into a solid stance, when he jumped at me as I chambered my leg to deliver a front kick straight into the charging pony’s face. But when I tried to kick out something pulled my bottom leg out from under me, making me fall back and crack my head on the floor, letting Mr. Flank soar over me.

Everything was replaced with a ringing in my ears that sounded like a high pitched squealing. As I looked over to see that Mr. Rose was back on his hoofs and ready for action. I reached out and found the handle to one of the coal pans that was sitting in the pit, and scooped up as much coal as I could, then flung it in a wide arch sending hot coals flying at Rose.

He had to jump around trying not to get hit by the glowing hot coals, I knew that as long as I have to fight his magic then I would be at a disadvantage. So I ran over there as fast as I could and grabbed the hot poker that was shaped to look like his picture. By the time he was ready to fight again I slammed the shaft of the red hot poker on the side of his head knocking him to the floor.
But instead of pulling it back for a second blow I pushed it against his head, he screamed as the hot steel burned his flesh. Then I ran it up his horn to stop him from using any more magic on me. I know what I did was wrong, but at this point I would do whatever I needed to in order to escape. But I still didn’t want to kill him.

I mounted the grounded pony and used the shaft of the poker that was closer to the handle where it was not hot, to hold him there by his throat, I looked in his horror filled eyes, and lifted my right hand to knock him out with one heavy blow. I put all my weight into this one punch to finish him off but he kicked out with his front hoof, and pushed the tip of the poker up.

When I through my punch the poker acted like a support beam catching me on my bicep. The hot metal burned into my arm making me scream out in pain. I jumped off of the pony and stumbled back. I had never felt pain like this before, this felt like my whole arm was on fire, I could even smell my own burned flesh.

I knew I had to deal with it later, but for now I still needed to get out of here, I started running for the door again but Mr. Flank and another pegasus where in my way. I knew the pegasus was fast and Flank was just a normal pony. So I focused on the pegasus who came flying at me. I did a quick feint to the left and let it fly past me, as it did I let out a left jab to its back where its wing connected to its body, A loud pop came out from the socket where the wing was connected and it fell limply to the pony’s side.

I turned just in time for Flank to barrel into my chest, he slammed straight into my solar plexus knocking the wind out of me and sending me flying backwards. I landed on my back in one of the coal pits and immediately felt hot metal on my back. When I tried to get up Flank jumped on my chest, with his added weight pushing me down into the metal, I could feel the circular plate burn into every muscle I had.

I reached up and grabbed him by his mane with my left hand, as I placed my right hand in the armpit of his front right hoof. Then pulled on his mane and pushed with my right arm, sending him rolling off me to the left.

Then I heave both arms to the side, building momentum to roll off of the coals on the opposite side of the pit then Mr. Flank, when I stood up I could feel that the metal plate was still connected to my back. I arched my back and leaned back when I felt the plate fall off. I looked back to see that it was the weird Ying Yang Symbol that I landed on.

At this point my body was completely numb and everything looked like it was moving in slow motion. I looked to the door to see that more ponies started to gather there. I knew there was nothing I could do against so many enemies. So I quickly looked around for something I could use, when I noticed the bag with my things in it was under an open window.

I gave it everything I could to run over and quickly grabbed the bag before I jumped, throwing myself out the window, As I looked down at the water below me I could only pray it was not too shallow. I hit the water and before I could even reach the bottom I lost control as whole body started to shake violently, I felt the stinging cold water penetrate throughout me where my back and arm were burned. I lost all my energy and let go of my bag, as darkness started to claim me and I went unconscious in my watery grave.

The mind’s power of concentration is stronger than pin when the martial artist has learned to use the Zen technique of “mind over matter.” - Yong Tae Lee