• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 4,573 Views, 286 Comments

The Fall of Spike the Dragon - Wrangle Wolfe



Following after the events of the Diary of Spike the Dragon, Spike has fallen into insanity. And things just keep getting worse as time goes by.

  • ...
16
 286
 4,573

Under the Stars

I am tough. I am indestructible. Like a diamond. Sure I'm covered in blood, tears, hate and dirt. But despite how filthy I am, I'm still a diamond. I'm the best out there. A rare diamond that nopony's ever seen before. I've just been cursed. Cursed by monsters who have covered me with such horrible things, and others have seen me in my disgusting state, so that's how they see me, disgusting, pitiful, not worth looking at. But I will show them... I'll show them how bright I shine. Nopony will ignore me. Even if they fear me, my presence will be a thing that nopony could ever forget. Everypony will know the name 'Darkness'. They will cringe at hearing my very name being spoken, thought about, or shown.

I'm doing right. This is the route I'm supposed to travel down. This is what needs to be done. I looked down at my hand and from it a single flame ignited in my palm. It was a simple flame. It was small, weak, not something anyone would think twice about. I snorted. That's what Spike was. I had to take over in order to give that dragon a purpose. I am doing right! This is what these ponies deserve.

The only one you're lying to is yourself, Darkness. You're just plain evil. There's no justification for your actions...

You're wrong. I gave that dragon power and respect! I'm doing him a favor.

No, you gave him pain and miserly. Nopony respects him, they only fear him. That's not what he wanted.

Fuck you. Those ponies deserve to fear him! They deserve to hurt!

Not the innocent ones. Maybe Twilight and her friends, but not the whole nation! You've killed innocent children and innocent adults that have done nothing to Spike!

It's only to teach everypony a lesson... Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to enjoy this dark, quiet night...

I looked back up to the beautiful bright specks. The stars, in their multitude, were astonishing. I'd like to think that they represented me before I was in control of Spike, before he was insane. I was there, you could definitely tell. I was small, nothing but a speck in the scattered brain of my friend. But, like a star, despite my cool appearance, I was actually burning and boiling with energy. But I was still merely a speck, a thought, something little, yet I was strong. I stayed with Spike. I guided him. He followed me, just like ponies would follow the stars, and he was on the right path. I have guided this dragon the right way. I haven't lied to him. I never turned him in the wrong direction, ever. He just had to follow me, and he knew he would be alright. He grew comfortable with me. We became close. And it came to a point were we became one. Nothing could separate us. Absolutely nothing.

From my room, I looked out at the moon. It was shining brightly over the darkness, painting the stone debris below silver. The cool air of the night gently made it's way through my room, making me shiver slightly. I sighed, never taking my eyes away from the moon. A tear fell down my face... I missed my parents already. I'd have to be a big girl though, because they're gone and they'll never come back. I wondered if my brother was still alive and if he was, was he alright? I know that he's an easily startles pony... he probably had a heart attack when Darkness attacked. He... probably didn't survive. I'll try to find him. One day, we'll meet again.

I wish I could help Darkness... He seemed really scared. I know he would never admit it, but there's something that's rattling him inside, and it's making him feel weak. I can see it in his eyes. When I look at them, I can see the effort he puts into looking tough, trying to conceal all of his emotions. He doesn't want to admit it to himself either. He hurts so badly... and I wish there was something I could do. But he's a large, stubborn dragon and I'm only a weak little filly. What difference could I ever make?

My eyes drooped. I yawned and got into my bed. Although my thoughts were racing, I couldn't help but be exhausted after today's events. With a sigh, I closed my eyes, not feeling the tear fall from my face as I fell into a restless sleep. I'd worry about this tomorrow.

What is that dragon doing? His actions are just so... chaotic. This is the one time that I don't want to see any chaos...

You're losing that spark, Discord. You're becoming a wimp. Over a thousand years ago, this wouldn't have bothered you.

Yes, but I have friends now. One of my friends is now a rampaging monster and the others are dead. Sure most of them are breathing, but inside they are empty, hollow and a shell of what they used to be. This is just terrible. I didn't do anything and now I'm stuck in a situation that either means the death of me, or the death of everypony including myself.

You could just do nothing and see how this turns out. It could get really wild out there. There's nothing you could do anyway. Might as well enjoy the chaos.

You've gotta be kidding me. I thought you shut up about betraying my friends a long time ago.

Nah, I was tired of your weak side complaining about how wrong and bad that is...

That's because it is wrong and bad...

Since when did you begin caring about right and wrong?! Why do you care about what's good or bad?! You have a chance to be free right now! Celestia and Luna are useless, along with the elements of harmony. You've been pinned down by rules and order. All I'm saying is that you're letting those ponies control you, despite having more power than them, You're supposed to do what you want, not what they tell you to do!

Listen, chaotic evil side of me, you've made a valid point. I am supposed to do what I want, not what they tell me to do. And you know what? I want to listen to them! I want to treat them right. I want to keep my friends. You're just this small part of me that has never left since I became evil. You're practically the thing that's controlling Spike right now! I really, really hate you and I shall never listen to a word you say. If I were able to, I would get rid of you for good. You're nothing but a pathetic monster...

I'm the one who gave you this power! I am the anger that fueled you to keep going. You got your revenge! You made ponies suffer!

And I regret every moment. Not only did you make them suffer... you made me suffer too...

Listen here, Dis-

No, you listen! You're gonna shut up because I told you to and I have power over you! My life has been so much better once you stopped controlling me. I am going to do the same for Spike!

You're gonna fail.

No I'm not... even if it will kill me, I will save Spike. I will do everything in my power to make sure he regains control of himself. No matter what.

Ugh, you're sappy...

Eh... you know, that might be one thing I can agree with you on...