• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 4,573 Views, 286 Comments

The Fall of Spike the Dragon - Wrangle Wolfe



Following after the events of the Diary of Spike the Dragon, Spike has fallen into insanity. And things just keep getting worse as time goes by.

  • ...
16
 286
 4,573

No Hope

Darkness roughly threw the group down to the hard dirt beneath them. His manic smile grew as he saw them all still moving. His magic had worked. They may still look like ponies, but they were as rough as a dragon, with the same skills and instincts. He roared triumphantly and looked down at the group of terrified ponies.

"Now, my minions.... You shall alert every pony still living in Equestria that I am their new ruler! They shall bow down to me, and nobody, not even their strongest defense in can stop me."

"N-never! Just stop this al-AAAAAAAGH!" Noteworthy screamed in agony as his blood literally boiled inside of him.

"You. Will. Do. As. I. SAY!" He scratched Noteworthy across his face, leaving large scars behind.

Darkness smiled and looked at the group of ponies. "Weaklings..." He growled. "I can use my flames to do whatever I want. I can affect the world around me. Just think, this is all Twilight's fault. Your friend is the reason why all of this is happening."

"N-no! Twilight did nothing-" Rainbow argued.

"She gave me power! Twilight is the reason why I have all of this magic! I can feel it. She has more magic than you could ever imagine. On her first try, that mare has moved both the moon and sun with no practice at all. Believe it or not, she has more power inside of her than even she knows. More power than Both Celestia and Luna combined." Darkness laughed coldly. "That mare poured so much magic into me when she hatched me. I have enough power to be considered a god."

The group stayed silent as they stared at this stranger. Spike wasn't greedy. Spike didn't like being a monster. Spike wouldn't abuse his power.

This wasn't spike.

His friends had to remind themselves of that. They brought out the worst in their friend. None of them ever thought that he could ever be this out of control. Now, he couldn't be stopped.

"Now, I believe I gave you all an order..." He growled. "GO!"

Reluctantly, they rushed away from the insane dragon, not even crying anymore as their hearts broke more as things got worse. Soon, they'd be just like him. Lost and broken, never to be found again.

They had to be strong.

But how?

Shining woke up with a groan as he held his head. It had a horrible pulsing pain that didn't seem like it would be leaving any time soon. He stretched, only to be unfortunate to feel even more pain all over his body. "Agh... w-where am I?" He looked around. He could see his parents across the room, still unconscious and snoring lightly. "M-mom... Dad...?" He called out weakly. They didn't even stir.

He looked around some more and then wished he had just went back to sleep.

Right in front of him was Celestia, but she was... a very disturbing sight to see. She had an empty look in her eyes, looking forward into nowhere as she sat on her mat. Her eyes were bloodshot and she trembled slightly.

"P-princess Celestia...?" Shining whispered to himself. Celestia didn't move an inch. "Celestia?" He said a little louder. She looked over to him slowly, the look in her eyes never changing. Then, she let out an incoherent grunt. "W-what?" Shining asked, mostly to himself. Celestia pointed to her hornless head and laughed loudly. She continued laughing for the longest time with Shining staring in horror at the poor mare. After a while of her maniacal laughter, they slowly became screams. The disturbing screams then started to become loud sobs. Celestia wailed in horror and sadness, mourning for her poor subjects. She couldn't help them. She let so many lives just slip through her hooves by a loved one. She was weak, and she told herself that over a thousand times. She sobbed and turned to Shining with a look of pain on her face and emptiness in her eyes. The mare spouted out gibberish and sound of pain, though one thing was said loud and clear.

"It's all gone." She cried tearfully.

Shining got up, ignoring the horrible stabbing pain that pulsed through his body and hugged the crying mare. Celestia didn't hug back. She only cried, thinking about how useless she was.

"It's okay, Celestia. Somehow, someway, this will all be over. Somepony can stop this, I just know it." He said, running a hoof through Celestia's flowing mane. She shook her head, blubbering out more gibberish as more tears fell out of her eyes. Shining sighed, hugging her a little tighter, gently petting her head. "Shh... it's alright. We're gonna get through this. Everything's gonna be fine." he said soothingly. They sat together, with Shining quietly calming the princess, and Celestia crying her heart out. Little did they know that things were only getting worse.

I have to get up. I must put an end to this. Come on, I'm strong, I can do this!

Oh who am I kidding? I can't stop him. I'm not even at full strength right now! What could I possibly do to stop him?

You know exactly what you can do to stop him.

As if I'll ever do something like that! They'd still have their horrible memories. These ponies are fragile! They'll be reliving this for the rest of their lives!

But at least they'd actually be able to remember it instead of just dying off. You can save so many lives with just that one spell. You can stop this.

But at what cost? These ponies will remember having their limbs torn apart and their families dying right in their faces. Not to mention what will happen to me if I do such a reckless thing. There is a reason why Star Swirl abandoned this spell!

So you're gonna let all of Equestria die off because you don't want to disturb the ones who already have? You're pathetic.

I... I... fine. I'll do it. But I have to gather my strength first. I am very, very weak at the moment.

Good. You finally decide to be a true 'good guy'.

You know what, little nagging voice in my head, I'm gonna abandon you some day. You really do not help my sanity.

But I help you make tough decisions like this, don't I?

Yeah, like that time you came up with a brilliant plan that turned me into stone...

You know, I was created in your head. I get any of my stupidity from you.

...Shut up.