• Published 4th Aug 2014
  • 2,225 Views, 21 Comments

Try putting yourself in my hooves - Thomani



Rarity and Pinkie Pie both seem to need something from the Everfree forest, and so they decide to find what they both need together. However, they both accidentally unlock some dark magic and major changes happen. They switch bodies.

  • ...
4
 21
 2,225

Return to the Everfree forest

Raripie looked above Pinkities head, where a light bulb was literally hovering above it.
"We have to go back to the Everfree forest! I'll explain on the way! I think I know how to change us back! It might not work though, but it's worth a shot!"
Pinkity bounced off.
Rarity rolled her eyes.
"That mare had better be right..."

Halfway through their journey, Pinkity explains her idea.
"You know how we both came to realise how hard each other's lives are? What if our realisation of this reopens the chest, and lets us switch back? Wouldn't that be so cool? It might not work, bit hey, going to the Everfree forest is still fun, right?"
"Yes, because the Everfree forest is NEVER filled with horrifying creatures and dark magic all the time, is it Pinkie?"
Pinkity ignored her sarcastic remark.
"Rarity, I have to ask you something..."
"Fire away darling." Raripie rolled her eyes.
"Well, I've always wondered about this, and since I am actually you at the moment, this makes me really curious as to-"
"As to WHAT?"
Pinkity smiled.
"Rarity, how do you get your hair this way, I mean come on, this CAN'T be natural!
Just as Raripie was going to rant at Pinkie Pie about how natural her hair was, they heard an explosive roar behind them.

Stood about 2 feet taller than them, with glowing eyes and a drooling mouth was, surprise surprise, a fully grown, fully hungry, Timber-Wolf.

Raripie jumped into Pinkities arms in a very Scooby-Doo like fashion, and screamed.
And screamed.
And screamed.
And screamed some more.
The Timber-Wolf, hungry as it was, had never in all his days heard such a loud, terrifying, and all out girly scream in all if his wood filled life, and ran away (with his tail between his legs, ironically).

After Raripie had finished screaming, she looked around with a very puzzled expression.
"I wonder why it was so scared? After all, when I usually scream, that kind of thing never happens..."
Pinkity looked puzzled as well.
"Wait a minute... since your in my body, and your combining my vocal cords with your screaming ability... by Celestia's sun! I think you may have produced one of the loudest, most terrifying, most girly scream ever witnessed!
Pinkity shook her hand vigorously.
Raripie giggled.
"Well, I do try!"

After about another half hour of walking, Pinkity and Raripie came up to the place where the switch happened.
The chest wasn't there.

"Where the buck is the chest?" Raripie looked around, but no weird creepy magic chest was to be seen...
Pinkity looked around...
"Oh its fine, I can see it up that really tall mountain over there! It's fine."
Lo and behold, high up the mountain was indeed, the creepy magic chest.
"I wonder how the heck it got up there..."
Raripie was already racing towards the mountain.
"Who cares? Lets get it down already!"
After about 3 hours of climbing up the mountain, Luna had already lowered the moon, so they were working at night. Once the two mares got up there, they picked up the chest and looked at it.
The formerly unreadable language they saw written around it in golden lettering was now replaced with readable words;

Too change to your ways, to get back to your lives, you must confess how the other survives. Only then can you truly reform to your original forms.

"What in the hay does that mean?"
Raripie looked at Pinkity.
"Honestly, haven't you figured it out yet? It say that you must confess how the other survives, I think this means that we both have to tell each other how we live our lives?"
Pinkity rolled her eyes.
"Oh that's easy, I live at Sugarcube corner, I like to eat candy, I random-"
Raripie put her hoof to Pinkities mouth.
"No, you have to talk about my life, and I have to talk about yours. What we've learnt about each other might just switch us back!"
Pinkity thought for a minute.
"Hmm- OK lets see, I've learnt that despite the fact you are a mud-hating designer, this doesn't mean you don't work hard, or that you are lazy. I've learnt that it is REALLY SUPER DUPER hard to be you, Rarity, but I know that you only work hard so that others can be happy, because your the element of generosity, duh!"
Raripie blushed.
"Now now Pinkie, If you think my life is hard, just listen to yours for a second!"
Pinkity put on her best listening face.
"Even though you are bouncing with energy, and your funny and joyful, but sometimes, you out a lot of hard work and your own free time into making other ponies happy, and this makes you the element of laughter more than anything else."
Pinkity smiled.
"I would hug you, but I think hugging myself is a little vain."
Raripie chuckled.

The chest opened, and the same bright pink-purple light filled their eyes, and once again, they both began to float about a metre into the air.

" OMIGOSH ITS WORKING!"

"I GET TO BE ME AGAIN!"

The cloud of green smoke began to enclose their bodies, and a loud explosion filled the forest air as the two mare's dropped to the floor.

"Pinkie... did it work?"
"I have no idea..."
Pinkie Pie looked at her hood. It was the same bright pink she always had.
Rarity felt her mane, and it was the same curly purple it had mostly always been.
She then began crying uncontrollably.
"What's wrong Rarity? Aren't you happy? I thought you wanted to be you?"
Rarity then laughed.
"Th-these are t-tears of j-joy.." She then cuddled her mane. "OH CELESTIA, I'M NEVER LETTING MY BABY LEAVE ME AGAIN!"
Pinkie Pies smile slowly grew as she realised something.
"I CAN FINALLY BOUNCE AGAIN!"
She the bounced so fast around Rarity that she nearly did her neck in.

Author's Note:

Surely this has to be the last chapter, right?

Not quite, there's still one last chapter...

Trust me, it'll be good.