• Published 4th Aug 2014
  • 2,225 Views, 21 Comments

Try putting yourself in my hooves - Thomani



Rarity and Pinkie Pie both seem to need something from the Everfree forest, and so they decide to find what they both need together. However, they both accidentally unlock some dark magic and major changes happen. They switch bodies.

  • ...
4
 21
 2,225

The switch...

After about half an hour of trekking through the forest, Rarity stops.
"What's wrong? Are you tired? Hungry? Itchy? Achy? Twitchy? Stiffly? Ill? Or... are you BORED?!"
"What? No, Its just I think I've found what I was looking for..." She replied as she stared at the ground.
"Where? I can't see it... Is it invisible?" Pinkie Pie tried started searching for Rarities item.
Rarity sighed. "No Pinkie, its right here" And with a glow of her horn, she revealed a small glistening ruby, about the size of a thimble.
"Ooh! That's pretty! Is it fo-" Rarity placed her hoof to Pinkie's mouth. "Yes... It IS for my top secret dress... But remember your promise... DON'T TELL ANYPONY."
"Hmm hmm hmmph mm hmmm hmm hmmp, hmm hmmm hmmhmm mm hmmph hmm!"
"What darling? I can't- oh, sorry." Rarity moved her hoof from the Pink mare's mouth.
"I said; cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye! Of course I won't tell ANYPONY".

After a good 10 minutes of digging, they retrieved the ruby. "Isn't it just FABULOUS? Honestly, I'm not sure if people are going to look at the dress or this magnificent ruby! I simply must attach it to the dress!" Rarity was about to leave, but then Pinkie Pie stopped her in her tracks. "But, your going to LEAVE me? It's only a few minutes walk to what I want to get... I thought we were pals..." Pinkie Pie looked at Rarity with the biggest, bluest Bambi eyes you could imagine.
"Oh alright, it would be rude of me not to accompa-" Pinkie Pie jumped onto Rarity and knocked her clean over.
"OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I WOULD HAVE BEEN SO ALONE AND SAD AND LONELY AND STUFF WITHOUT YOU!"
Rarity stood up and brushed her mane off. "Well you know, what are friends for? Besides, nothing can go wrong if we go together, RIGHT?"

A few minutes later, they arrived at what appeared to be an apple tree.
"Pinkie Pie! I can't believe you dragged me all this way for an APPLE TREE! If Gummy just eats apples, why didn't you just go to sweet apple acres?"
Pinkie Pie giggled. "No silly! These are Gum-Gum apples! I call 'em Gum-Gum's, but hey, a names a name!"
She bucked the tree and caught a few "Gum-Gum's".
"Here!" Pinkie said, giving it to Rarity.
Gingerly, Rarity tried to take a bite. But she couldn't. She bit harder. Still, the apple remained as hard as a rock.
"How can gummy EAT these?" Rarity said, throwing the apple to the ground.
"Well duh, he doesn't eat them! He sucks them! It takes him a really long time to eat it, but he really likes them, and won't eat ANYTHING else! Not even a cupcake! Can you believe that! Applejack found this tree years ago, and told me about it, and I realised they were SUPER DUPER PERFECT for widdle gummykins!"
"Well we might as well collect them, this forest is REALLY creepy."
After a good minute of picking Gum-Gum apples, they started to head back to the Everfree forest, chatting all the way.

"And then the donkey says to the mule that the dress is simply awful, and then the mul-"
Pinkie Pie stopped.
"What's wrong?" Rarity asked.
"Look at that super creepy old chest over there!"
She pointed towards a old, battered wooden chest that was stuck in some old brambles. It was painted black all over and had some old language written on it in gold paint. It looked about a million years old.
"We should probably leave it, after all, its probably none of our business."
"Yep. None of our business." Pinkie agreed.
But they didn't keep walking. The chest seemed so, inviting, in a way.
"Oh come on! I can't hold it in any longer! Lets get it out of the bush!"
After a lot of pulling, rest breaks, and Rarity moaning about the state of her hooves, they finally got the old chest out of the bush...
"Hmm... It doesn't seem to have a key hole..."

Pinkie Pie picked it up, and shook it. Nothing happened.
Rarity knocked on it. Nothing happened.
Pinkie Pie twisted the lid. Nothing happened
Rarity shouted at it for being such a rude chest. Nothing happened.
After a lot of odd methods, the two mares lay on the ground, exhausted.
"There simply MUST be a way to open that thing... There must..."
" Maybe we should use this switch on the bottom of it..."
"WHAT? Why didn't you tell me that was there?"
"Meh. It looked boring. The other ways were much more fun!"
Rarity looked at the chest and sighed.
"Lets try it"
She stood up, and slowly, pulled the switch.

The chest opened, and a staggeringly bright pink-purple light filled their eyes, and slowly, they both began to float about a metre into the air.
" Weeee!"
"What in the name of sweet Celest-"
A cloud of green smoke began to enclose their bodies, and a loud explosion was the last thing they heard before they completely blacked out.

"Ugh... where am I...?"
"Who am I....Nah just kidding, I know who I am! I'm Pinkamena Diane Pie!"
She sat up, only to see a reflection of herself standing in front of her.
"Oh no, I've been CLONED!"
"No darling, I've been cloned."
Rarity lifted her hoof in front of her face. It was Pink.
Pinkie Pie did the same. Hers was a glossy white.
"Hee hee I look like you!"
" Oh no... tell me we didn't just..."
Pinkie Pie's face dropped.
"Sweet Celestia! We've... SWITCHED BODIES!"

She couldn't have been more correct.