• Published 28th Jul 2014
  • 307 Views, 1 Comments

The Equestrian Nightmare Rebellion - TheOfficialPinkiePie



The third equestrian civil war has begun! Secrets are revealed as the truth behind Luna's imprisonment on the moon show the evil side of Celestia. Can Twilight save equestria? Can she admit her growing feelings towards Rainbow before it's t

  • ...
8
 1
 307

Chapter 3: Behind White Walls

Bodies. Bodies of stallions. Bodies of mares. Colts, armour, and bricks alike. Shards of the once golden armour of Celestia's guards lay weaving through the mass of lying bodies - golden no more. Swords once destined to protect the realm fell around the burning beams that held up the great marble roof. Blackened and burnt tapestries hung of the the grey bricks of the wall, as if they where the only thing still left alive in the dim light that crept through the open door.

Twilight stood at the entrance to the once great golden hall of Celestia's castle, teacher's home, her home from home. As the dust began to settle, tears began to roll down her white cheeks as her eyes plundered the death-laden grey. Her brow furrowed in anger, no - in pain. She could not go in, her mind willed her to go in - to look for survivors, but she knew it would be futile. How could anything still be alive among the grey pony shapes on the floor?

Dash stood at her side, mouth gaping as she kicked the dust-shrouded timber on the floor, sending up great clouds. No words needed to be spoken here, they couldn't be spoken. She could only stare into the abyss. How could things turn so quickly from the laughter she heard just moments ago. How could she know the pain Twilight felt?

Twilight looked to the floor. She couldn't face the sorrow any more. A piece of paper flapped wildly under her hoof, Slightly charred and ripped, but for the most part - intact. She picked it up. Nothing seemingly important met her eyes - until she turned over.

"A letter" Twilight exclaimed to Rainbow, eyes growing wide as she recognised the hoof-writing. "It's written by Luna"

"Celestia's tyranny has reached breaking point with my interests regarding Equestria. In the days after the second Equestrian civil war, I was forced to reconcile my actions by spending one thousand years on the moon, yet unbetold to me, she had relished in the glory of her self-announced innocence - her war crimes going unpunished, and her evil spreading to all those in contact. Let us hope that this is not too late for fire to vanquish. Let us hope that the elements remain neutral. If not, war shall descend upon Equestria, and may the moon have mercy on our souls."

Author's Note:

We all like to think the world in monotone - black or white - but the truth about the world is completely different. There is no black, nor white - only a vast expanding void of grey. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. All the colours of the rainbow dash added by the abundance of love and friendship we each feel daily.

Took me a while to write this - sorry its so short.
Have a great day!