• Published 28th Jul 2014
  • 307 Views, 1 Comments

The Equestrian Nightmare Rebellion - TheOfficialPinkiePie



The third equestrian civil war has begun! Secrets are revealed as the truth behind Luna's imprisonment on the moon show the evil side of Celestia. Can Twilight save equestria? Can she admit her growing feelings towards Rainbow before it's t

  • ...
8
 1
 307

Chapter 2: Canterlot

Twilight stepped off the train and onto the empty station at Canterlot. She let out a sigh. Three hours on a cramped train had not been too brilliant for her.

"I could have flown here in ten seconds flat y'know Twi" Rainbow protested for the umpteenth time that day. "That train was not cool!" Twilight giggled at her impatience.

"I know full well you could Dash, but I'm not used to my wings yet" Twilight opened her wings to their full extend, and let out a satisfied squeak as she heard several pops when she stretch them. Feeling a bit more refreshed than before, she began to flap them. Her hooves lifted up off the floor, and she immediately fell forward right onto her face. A large blush appeared on her cheeks as Dash guffawed at her predicament. She folded up her wings, and walked off the station, with Dash crawling through the air laughing.

They made slow progress towards the castle as Dash kept on bringing up her epic face-plant. Twilight had eventually got over her embarrassment, but did not get annoyed at Rainbow, her laugh amused her, made her feel worm inside. She started to think about her smooth feathers, how aerodynamic they where, a real piece of precision evolution. How the silky touch flowed along to her wings, again the masterpiece of aerodynamic adaptation. How she precisely directed the wind over them to generate lift in her aerobatic displays. The way her main rippled through the wind creating the all-too-well-known rainbow behind her.

She smiled in a half-dreamy state of flight until a cyan head popped down into her field of view. She shook her head to be rid of any residual thoughts about the pegasus to focus on the task at hand, only to notice that she was sitting down.

"Tired already?" Rainbow mocked as Twilight stood up rubbing her head, and musing up her own pink and purple main. Dash just laughed at this. "Oh don't worry Twi - I was only just about to do three back-twist flips in a row, followed by a cloud-spin-somersault!" Twilight laughed.

"No you weren't Dash, you where eyeing that cloud as a good place to jump me weren't you Dash?" Twilight cocked her head at this and saw that Dash was blushing like how spike does when she catches him helping himself to the cookie jar on the top shelf.

"Yeah - well..." Dash spluttered. "eh... Twilight..." She stopped in front of twilight.

"Mmmmm" Twilight said lowering her voice to a whisper.

"Race you to the castle!" She shouted jumping in the air and zooming away on her back.

"Oh ho no you don't!" Twilight answered kicking off her back legs and galloped towards the castle, flapping her wings to giver her extra speed. Twilight ran as fast as she could to beat Rainbow. She knew she didn't have a chance, even if the cyan pegasus was taking it easy on her.

"Humph" Twilight yelped as a soft cyan pony collided with her side sending them both spinning, and rolling over the cold stone slabs at the foot of the castle. Heaving heavily, the two ponies looked into each others' eyes laughing.

"I... Win!" Shouted the panting Rainbow as she pinned Twilight to the cobbles, stretching a wing out to touch the castles walls for reassurance of her win.

"Yes Rainbow... you... win..." Twilight panted looking at Rainbow's hooves on hers. Rainbow rolled off her and flopped back down to the floor to catch her breath, looking at the clouds, as did Twilight.

Twilight turned her head to the castle's main door to realise that the entire vicinity was ghostly silent save from the occasional crash of metal, or the distant deathly groan from what sounded like a guard. Twilight bolted upright, ears perked up. She peered through the crack in the in one of the hinge on the large iron-reinforced wooden door to see a horrific sight meet her eyes.

Dash sat up next to her with a worried expression on her face.

"What's up Twi?" she asked, only to have her move aside to let Rainbow peer through the gap. She gasped, and clasp a hoof over her muzzle. Twilight's face resembled that of a white sheet, mouth agape, with many a tear in her eye.

Author's Note:

Ooh - What could be behind the doors?
You'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out...

Hope you all are enjoying the story so far, and I don't want to sound annoying as what I'm about to say would annoy me, but could you please remember to slam that like button, and also to leave a comment if you have the time.
Thanks Bros, and Sis'ses'es

Have a great day!