• Published 24th Jul 2014
  • 185 Views, 1 Comments

Sight For The Sightless - My Little Prophet



When a stallion's mother dies, he along with lifetime friend Twilight Sparkle try to bring her back to life. The stallion soon has hell to pay.

  • ...
 1
 185

Chapter One: Worth A Shot


Twilight Sparkle sat down in her treehouse wondering what was going on with her friend, they haven’t talked for a couple days and whenever she saw him on the streets he looked…. worn. His eyes, although they used to be a brilliant golden they are now filled with despair. But, no matter how much Twilight Sparkle tried to figure out by herself what caused that, she couldn't figure it out. It couldn't be some type of spell that did it. No, this was true sadness, the kind that only comes when someone is really hurt. Maybe, she thought, there was something she could do to cheer the poor stallion up. Although that was more of Pinkie Pie’s business, she thought it worth the shot.


Twilight Sparkle got up from her usual thinking spot and looked outside to see that it was raining. Of course, those weather ponies choose the worst times to schedule a storm. Anyhoo, she got her umbrella and went out the door. Twilight Sparkle thought of how she would cheer him up, maybe by telling him about something that happened to her that was worse! Yes, perfect! Then he would stop worrying about his problems entirely! Although, she wasn’t entirely sure what his problems were. Anyhoo, it didn’t really matter, they just need to be forgotten or put aside.


Twilight Sparkle stopped at the door of the stallion and prepared herself for things to come. She put her hoof on the door, hesitated slightly, then knocked on it. Soon, the door was answered by a young stallion, his eyes were golden but hollow. He had a coat of crimson and a messy yellow mane. In the mess of his mane was his horn.


“Hi Sun Chaser, can I come in?” Twilight Sparkle said.


“Please do, I can’t have you sitting in the rain all day. Here, I’ll make some tea.” Sun Chaser said.


“I don’t want any tea, thanks.” Twilight Sparkle said as she came in and sat on the couch.


Sun Chaser brewed the tea and then went to sit with his friend. The rain continued to hit the roof, echoing throughout the house. The fireplace was lit and soon drowned out the rain with the crackle of the fire. Soon, Twilight Sparkle and Sun Chaser got in a conversation about tails. Seems like the most random thing, tails. But it was almost like neither of them knew pain. It was just a moment to get away from the world and it’s problems, and brace for the troubles to come. But soon, Sun Chaser asked Twilight Sparkle a question.


“Hey Twilight, we’ve been pretty good friends, right?” Sun Chaser said as shed those desolate eyes, now he had eyes filled with hope that his friend could help him.


“Yes, I always thought so.” Twilight Sparkle said.


“Do you think I could trust you with something?” Sun Chaser asked.


“Well yeah, what is it?” Twilight Sparkle asked.


“Recently, my mother died. She’s really meant a lot to me, you know, when she was alive. She encouraged my magic and help guide me through life. But now, she’s gone.” Sun Chaser said, sorrowfully.


“I’m sorry to hear that.” Twilight said as he put her hoof on Sun Chaser’s shoulder.


“I really don’t have much experience with this stuff because my mom sent me to Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns long ago. I haven’t really seen much of her since.” Twilight Sparkle said.


Now though, Twilight Sparkle realized that her initial plan would have failed. She can’t think of much that is worse than losing your own mother. She can’t imagine what she would do if her mother were to pass. That would be absolutely horrible! She tried to think of a way to sympathize for him, but all that came out was:


“How do you think she died?” Twilight Sparkle said, then felt really bad and dumb for saying that.


“She died… or at least I think she did… of some sort of heart attack…. Oh Celestia, I just came through the door when I found her dead! Just lying there! Motionless!” Sun Chaser sobbed.


Sun Chaser went to Twilight Sparkle and cried over her shoulder. Twilight Sparkle just sat there, patting him on the shoulder and trying to be there. She still didn’t know what to do, but she felt this was the best thing to do for now. But, after a while, Sun Chaser spoke.


“Can you keep a secret?” Sun Chaser asked.


“Sure.” Twilight Sparkle said, trying to be there for her friend.


“I’m not sure if it’s possible… I’m not even sure how to do it. But, do you think there’s a way I could bring her back?” Sun Chaser said.


“Bring your mother back from the dead?” Twilight Sparkle said, a bit overtaken by what she just heard.


“Yes, bring her back to life. I’m sure there’s a way to do it, and if it works… we could save lives! We could bring back mom!” Sun Chaser said.


“But isn’t it illegal to tamper with the dead?” Twilight Sparkle asked.


“Well, yes. But that’s because bad people were doing it to try to bring back other bad people.” Sun Chaser said.


“How do you even know it’s possible?” Twilight Sparkle asked.


“You don’t just outlaw the impossible, Princess Celestia is smarter than that.” Sun Chaser said.


“But, are you sure you even want to do this?” Twilight Sparkle said.


“No, I’m not sure I want to do this. Without you, anyways. You’re the only reason I got this far in magic, and you’re the only one I trust to help me with this one.” Sun Chaser said.


Sun Chaser held out his hoof, “So will you?” He asked.

Twilight Sparkle reluctantly agreed, and that is where it all began. Soon after, the two started spending hour after hour trying to figure out the secret to bringing back a ponies life. They would devise plan after plan trying to figure out just how Storm Chaser was to bring his mother back to life. Then, they devised the perfect plan. That is where Twilight Sparkle said she was done with the project, but she would soon be involved after the spell was cast.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this story! This is my first fanfiction, so I hope you enjoy!

You're gonna go far, kid!

My Little Prophet

Comments ( 1 )

This has problems. It tells too much and shows too little, the OC needs a better explanation and more characterization before I could buy him being Twilight's friend, and finally, this is far too rushed.

Login or register to comment