• Published 22nd Jul 2014
  • 1,908 Views, 28 Comments

Books and Wings - That1Brony3



Dusk Shine gets hurt in a library accident, and Rainbow Blitz is the only one of his friends who doesn't have anything else he needs to do.

  • ...
16
 28
 1,908

Revelation day

The world real world pulls me from my dreams with a kiss from my new coltfriend. I peel my eyes open to see him staring into my eyes, and I do the same, taking in everything there is from the deep pools. We don't say anything, just lay there appreciating each other's company. I break the silence, saying "I love you." and kissing him. It's the first time I've actually kissed someone, and it starts my heart racing.

When we finally break, I ask the question that had somehow slipped my mind before. "Am I the first pony you've kissed?"

The cyan stallion across from me thinks for a bit before he answers "I'm pretty sure you are, but I'm absolutely sure it wasn't a bad thing."

We both laugh and just enjoy cuddling with each other. Eventually, Blitz bursts out "I'm hungry" half whining. It causes me to laugh even more.

"Come on. Let's get something to eat." I look over at the clock. It read 8:04. "No wonder you're hungry we missed dinner. I'm sure Spines has left some leftovers in the fridge." We walked down the stairs together, I leaning on Blitz all the way down. Even after reaching the bottom, we're so close our pelts are rubbing against each other.

When we enter the kitchen, we see Spines staring at us like we're crazy. "What's up?" Blitz asks.

"Did something happen between you two that I don't know about? Why are you two so close?"

I look over to my lover and finally realize that we hadn't told Spines. I'm kind nervous, not knowing what my number one assistant would think. Would he even want to work with me any more? Blitz eliminates my fears by just saying it. "Dusk asked me to be his coltfriend and I sad yes. You cool with that?"

"Yeah, as long as the two of you are happy."

"Thank you Spines. Now Blitz, we're gonna have to tell our friends pretty soon."

"Sure. Why don't we have them over? Berry's been going crazy about not being able to throw you a "get well" party. We can tell him can throw her party and we can tell them there."

"You sure?" I was just thinking about her reputation

"Of course. We're gonna have to tell them at some point, right?


The party was a week later when I felt it was safe for me to be at it. Bubble Berry's party, like most, was happy and upbeat. With as easily as Spines had noticed, we expected that our friends would at least be able to recognize it. Blitz had his wing draped around me the whole time.

When it finally came time for us to tell everypony, Blitz was the one to say it. I had tried my best, but I just couldn't get the words out. I'd end up stuttering or not speaking at all. Eventually, Blitz just blurted it out. "Me and Dusk love each other and now we're together!" He said as fast as he could, almost putting Bubble Berry to shame.

All of them looked confused, trying to break apart what Blitz had just said. Elusive was the first to speak. "I'm sorry darling could you say that again?"

Blitz opened his mouth to speak, but I got there first. "He said we love each other and were together now."

There was a collective "ooh" and everypony gathered around, congradulating us on our new found love.

"Oh darlings, that's simply wonderful. How, may I ask, did you two find out?"

Blitz was a bit calmer now and decided to not speak at supersonic speeds. "Well," he said "I had just brought Dusk home and we had eaten lunch that he told me he wanted to play Magic. He also told me at that point that he wanted to tell me something when I got back, 'cause I had to grab my cards, right? So I come back, and there he is waiting for me. We started to shuffle up, and asked him what it was he wanted to talk about and he jus told me then and there."

"And you said yes?" Asked Applejack

"Well, duh. Why would we be together if I hadnt. I'd had the same feelings for him for a while and I planned to be the one to tell him. So when he told me, it took me by surprise."

Bubble Berry pulled them in a bone crushing hug. "I'm so super duper happy for you two." She suddenly gasped, almost inflating herself to a ball like state. "Do you know what this means?! We have to throw a 'Yay! Dusk and Blitz finally admitted their feelings to each other and just got together' party for you guys!"

"Awesome, Berry. Wouldn't have any one else throw it." Blitz said

"But, how do the rest of you feel about this." Dusk put in, "I know it's really sudden, and it's not exactly normal-"

"So what if it isn't normal? We're the Elements of Harmony! No pony really expects us to be normal." AJ said

"I know that, but some ponies think it's just wrong. You know, with old traditions of a mare and a stallion."

"Who cares what they think darling? It's your life. You do what you want."

"Anyone who thinks otherwise can just go screw off" Everypony turned to the source of the comment. Their eyes widened as well when they saw it was Butterscotch who had said it. "Did I say something wrong?" He asked, his timid voice returning.

Everypony laughed at this. "Nothing wrong, sugar cube. Just wasn't expecting it from you." Applejack said, walking up to comfort the yellow Pegasus.

"Well, I'm glad you're all so accepting." Dusk said, now held by Blitz's wing. "We're still gonna have to tell our parents, but for now, I think we'll have to take Bubble Berry up on his offer of a party." Looking at the bubbly pony, he commented "It looks like he's about to explode."

"I am!" He squealed, "I'm just so happy for you guys."

"I'm happy, too" said Blitz, "Happy I got so lucky."