• Published 18th Sep 2014
  • 463 Views, 18 Comments

Equus is Dying - Silver Nightshade



Panic in Equestria! Something foul is overtaking the lands of Equus!

  • ...
11
 18
 463

Chapter 3

-----Gold Wing-----

"Your Highness the Unicorn Mages are in position to start the Dimension Jump," I said flying up and kneeling in front of Princess Celestia.

"Good work, tell them they can begin casting immediately."

"Yes your Highness," I say before flying off towards the head mage in the group. I found him near the edge of town, finishing up some symbols he was drawing on the ground.

"You have the Princess's order to start the spell Immediately Greystar."

"Alright then, everypony listen up, Her Highness, Princess Celestia has given the order to start the spell. Are you ready?" he says out loud and begins to nod his head as if he was listening to ponies replies. I couldn't hear anything but I just chalked it up to magic and went out to continue the patrol for the enemy.

It was several minutes into the spell when I saw the first Pegasus Guard fall from the sky. I watched in horror as more began falling for seemingly no reason at all. I began to panic and that's when I saw it. My shadow that was on the ground wasn't on the ground anymore. It was choking me and pinning my wings to my side. At the height I am at I will not survive this fall and I can't beat myself when I am not really there now can I? I watched with stunned awe as the ground came closer to me. Just before making contact I saw the flash of the spell complete the ritual that removed everypony in the town to the other dimension and the mage's as well as the Princess to Canterlot.

-----Night Darkshroud-----

I sat bolt upright with a sheen of sweat covering me in bed. I had spent the night at home with Vinyl since I was alone in the house otherwise. She never liked the idea of me sleeping alone, which is why my room has the permanent addition of another bed across from mine for her to sleep in. My parents never cared because they knew she preferred mares over colts but occasionally, me being a permanent exclusion, has dated colts in the past. I calm my breathing so as to not wake her and crawl out of my room towards the bathroom on the first floor. I turn the light on and look in the mirror. I see my face, covered by my two-tone blue mane which was in a desperate need of a wash since the sweat plastered it to me. I turn the faucet on and flip the switch that caused the water to magically appear from the sprinkler on top of the shower area.

I step into the shower and feel the scolding hot water touch my skin under my fur. "Holy Shit! That's hot!!!" I quietly scream before turning the temperature down to a more bearable feeling. I look at the shower head and shake my mane, flinging water and sweat onto the walls and curtain surrounding me. I stand there for a few minutes and barely catch the sound of the door opening. I look at the curtain and can see Vinyl's silhouette on it. She walks up to the curtain and sits down beyond it.

"Bad dream?"

"Yeah, you?"

"No just felt that you weren't in the room and went to investigate. Figured you'd be down in here."

"Huh, thanks for the concern Vinyl, it helps more than you can imagine."

"Yeah well I thought we could goof off since we're alone and I feel a little dirty so I think I should hop in there with you. What do you say?" I could hear the coy smile on her lips when she said that.

"A-h-wh-WhAT! You can't be serious Vinyl?!" I stammered, taken aback by her forwardness. "Besides, what would happen if your marefriend found out?!"

"She wouldn't have to Night," she said with a chuckle. "But I would love to see your expressions right now man! This was funny as hell to listen to you stammer. You don't do that often!" Could see as well as hear her fall completely to the floor laughing at her own joke. I sighed inwardly and turned the water off after filling a small bucket with it. I open the curtain and walk over to Vinyl's giggling body. I hold the bucket over her and dump it on her.

"There, that should help you feel clean," I said before giving my own chuckle as she stands up, wide eyed and sopping wet. I watch her expression turn from shock to a toothy grin as her horn begins to glow blue with her magic. I stare at her and in an instant her horn is smothered by my dark grey aura. "Nope, not today V. You take too long anyways."

"Fine you win Night. But you need to get out now since I need to shower now," she says, lightly bucking me out the door while turning the faucet to reactivate the shower.

"Night V!"

"Night, Night!"

The morning light streamed through the window and into my eye. Damn the sun, every time. I lift my head out of the rays and look over to Vinyl's bed. She wasn't in it and so I thought she was downstairs already. Apparently this wasn't the case because I felt something, or somepony, stir from under the covers behind me.

I rocketed out of the bed and onto the floor as Vinyl's head pokes out from the blanket, her red eyes slowly looking around while her bed head mane went out into directions that weren't natural. She must have forgot to dry her mane again. Once her eyes adjusted to being open she quickly crawled to the edge of the bed and peered down at me from over the edge.

"So...care to explain why you're on the floor?" she asked with a sly smirk.

"Sure, care to explain why you're in my bed?" I retorted with a raised eyebrow and a frown. I would love it if she'd stop doing that every time I had a night terror.

"Well you said last night you had a bad dream, which means night terror if it causes you to take a shower, so I thought I'd just snuggle with you to keep the terrors away," she said with the straightest face I ever saw.

"Well I'd believe that since you do this every time. Its considerate of you V, but please stop doing it without my agreement. It scares me every time I find one more mare in my bed than when I went to sleep."

"Oh? Does that happen often?" she said, a blush hitting my cheeks like fire.

"N-n-no! Of course n-n-not! W-w-why would y-you ask that?!"

"Because I love watching you stutter like a foal!" she said falling onto the ground next to me in a fit of laughter. I chuckle and stand up to go out the bedroom door.

"Get off the floor V, I'm going to make breakfast," I said, halfway down the stairs heading for the kitchen.