• Published 30th Jun 2014
  • 6,861 Views, 219 Comments

Finding Home, Discovering Life - That Colt



A broken young man, his personal demons, and his beloved dog are transported to Equestria under mysterious circumstances., placing them in the lives of six incredible ponies.

  • ...
58
 219
 6,861

Temporary Update Chapter

Hello Everyone, this isn't the author "That Colt" rather it's his other half, call me "That Filly" or Megatron, yeah Megatron works.

Comedy aside, I've been taking these past week to contact all the online circles he was a part of actively as a courtesy.

"That Colt" as some of you may know has been battling spinal cancer for the past year and it hasn't be easy for him.

His last treatment lead to some complications. He's alive and getting stronger, but so far gone on the medication that any attempts for him to write creatively, draw or program have left him frustrated in the extreme.

As such, myself, and his only surviving family, his mother and brother.

Have decided it's best to keep him away from such things until his medication can be reduced.

I personally want to thank you all for the interaction you've given him here on his story.

Before the cancer he was a very outgoing and active person who drew energy from people and more than often gave it back.

Having interaction here on FIM Fiction around his story came to be the highlights of his days when the cancer would leave him bed ridden.

He'll be back once he's not drugged out of his mind. I check the site with him from time to time.

I wish I could explain the little glimmer in his eyes when he sees more people have Favorited the story.

That's what he calls it, "The Story." he's the type of writer that draws on his experiences from being a Dungeon Master in D&D.

Thus he operates under the idea that the story ceased to be "his" the moment one other person enjoyed it.

Once again, I can't thank this community enough. I know "That Colt" is grateful as well.

I think it's fitting that I end this little post the way he always did.

Cheers,

and thank you all again, so much

~Megatron or That Filly

Comments ( 38 )

Tell him good luck and to get well soon. I also know what it's like to have to go through Cancer treatment. But this isn't about me. It IS about him getting better. I'm pretty sure that I speak for the WHOLE FIMFiction community in saying "Get Well Soon, my friend".

I wish him luck on his recovery! This is definitely something that can be overcome in a thought. Take all the time you need! :D Just know that we're all here rooting for you.

God there's a cancer for everything isn't there. Still I wish him luck with fighting it. My old high school biology teacher had some type of cancer during his time as my teacher and it eventually claimed his life. I hope he doesn't suffer the same fate.

I wish him the best of luck and hope he gets in tip top shape and felling better than ever!

I know what that feels like, I myself was born with a form of Leukemia that progressively gets more devastating over time, stemming from a family member who, three generations ago, worked on the Manhattan Project, and subsequently got screwed by the Plutonium Enrichment Process. Every male member of my family since have been born with a genetic issue that causes progressively more deadly cases of Leukemia, which get more brutal on the body over the years and ramp up their effects each generation. My grandfather died in May at age 78, my dad is starting to show some moderate symptoms at age 47, and I'm taking radiation treatment at M.D. Anderson currently at age 17. I know this pain, and truly hope he gets better, for everyone's sake. His had a chance at remission, unlike mine, so I send my hopes and prayers his way. I would like to see one more chapter, but I know the pains he's fighting to try and be creative - hence part of why my own story has been on hiatus since February, it just is a cycle of getting pi**ed over and over trying to write that stuff. I hope to hear from either one of you two soon, hopefully with good news... Peace, mate.

:trollestia::trollestia::trollestia:all celestias are watching over you get well soon!

Let him know that he has our full support, and that there are many people all around the world who wishes him well and hope for his smooth recovery :pinkiesmile:

And that's not just because people like the story and wants more of it. It has always been my firm belief that the number one purpose of writing is to create a connection between writer and reader, some kind of mutual understanding and empathy. The popularity of his story proves that he has done exactly that.

I sincerely hope that he will get better quickly, and he is lucky to have you and his family there to support him.

Kind regards
Bjørn

...and I think Adonis pretty much covered every point I could make. :applecry:

These sort of things don't go away overnight, so 'Wishing for a smooth recovery' is what I'm hoping for. Please keep us posted.:pinkiehappy:

We raise our drinks to your good health and fast recovery! Your a trooper dude and I think I can say this for everyone and everypony that we love and give you our best wishes. :pinkiehappy:

From the Desk of LordFrieza: Galactic Tyrant,

Dear Megatron or That Filly,
Please inform That Colt that health comes before anything, but that his story has delighted us all. We wish him a quick recovery, and those here at the Interplanetary exchange wish to send him our warmest thoughts, and heart felt wishes for a speedy recovery. May the light of progress shine on you, and may you always see the world for the beauty it is.

- LF

Get well soon. The story may not progress for a while, but it will be worth the wait when the next chapter is revealed. When the next chapter is revealed it shall mean more than one thing to many of the readers.

True treasure is worth the wait. It might take days, or weeks for it to come. Although, when it does come, it will be greatly cherished.

What I have to say...has already been said already, but even so, I hope he has a speedy recovery so that he can do the things he loves again.

Greetings from Germany,

*Salutes*
"May he be strong and overcome the challenge of cancer."

And now, being the rude ass that I am: Don't you dare to die on us, you are still needed!
We are with you.

Comment posted by Leux deleted Sep 1st, 2014

It's good to hear (or read) that he's getting stronger, that's always a good sign (speaking from experience, my gramps had several treatments as well). Give him my regards.

"Mine as well."

Shush, you're still a work in prgress, you... *ahem* ignore him...

Luck to him.

I come against you cancer in the name of the lord, I curse you root, I curse your seed, and i command you to die.

this prayer may help.

My prayers are with him. I ask only for his understanding if they go against his beliefs.

5029290

Thanks! :pinkiehappy:

Not dead, not 100% either. But I've started writing again. I stuck some details in a blog post.

~That Colt

4993235

Thank you so much!

4941369

Thank you!

Bee Tee Dubs, awesome avatar.

4938224 ,4936462, 4934380, 4934332, 4933914, 4934055, 4933908, 4933764
4933760, 4933594, 4933531, 4933525
4933454, 4933441

Hey everyone, sorry for the bulk response. That Colt wanted to thank everyone individually, but he passed out at the computer, well puttered out really.

He's still awake, just out of it.

Anyway, thank you from That Colt.

~That Filly :heart:

5102737 YYeeaaaahhhhh, Thank YOU.

5102737

That is wonderful to hear, but do take it easy.


5102791

Being grouped with everyone in a mass thankyou is fine. The important thing is that That Colt take time to recover. I believe that I speak for everyone when I say that we truly wish for him to have a speedy recovery, but also a full and complete one.


LF

just wanted to say i hope you get better soon, and i'm really liking this story and looking forward to where it leads






stay classy:moustache:

This story as a whole makes a lot more sense than most HiE stories. It is also well informed, and well written. So, that said, I prefer your quality of work over quantity of words method of writing. If you need time to recover from any thing from the common cold to brain cancer, then I am willing to wait for more high quality writing from you. Take care of your self first, then take care of family and friends, then take care of any job work, then and only then come back to us with glorious chapters too come as the ideas coalesce!

Here's hopin' ya get better.:twilightsmile:

This story so far is fantastic and I hope to read more soon. Until then, please take good care of yourself. I have several family members who are survivors and I know it can be a long and painful road. Know that you are in my thoughts.:heart:

get well soon and i hope u never stop writing. it brings a smile to my face when i read the story

hi,

very cute story. please continue and I do hope you get better.
Godspeed and an extra prayer for you.

when are you making more chapters?

also, i'm starting to think that you forgot to put 'Comedy' tag on it, kinda humorous.

7831616 Holy crap I wrote this a long time ago. I had to read my comment like 6 times to understand it! But yes, it really does say a lot that someone disliked my comment.

Hope you great better. Many big words go over me, but it's very good read.

When is the new chapter coming out. Please continue this great story

Login or register to comment