• Published 17th Jun 2014
  • 414 Views, 1 Comments

Visitors - stf1



Lyra has always been thought of as a strange mare for her obsession with humans, but her latest discovery could be her big chance to prove them wrong. What she doesn's realize is the dangers she has gotten herself into.

  • ...
 1
 414

Welcome to the Jungle

Arriving at the crash site Lyra hid behind some bushes and trees just outside of a clear and wide area of the forest were the meteorite landed.

Observing the crash site Lyra found no sign of the human she saw. However there was something else that caught her eye.

Standing next to the meteorite was another pony. Looking closer Lyra saw the pony was a Stallion. More specifically a white stallion with blue eyes, a red mane and a red satchel to his side.

He appeared to be casting a spell on the meteor, causing it to shrink.

" Wait, what?", Lyra questioned," That's not a human, and is he shrinking that thing?"

"Of course I'm not a human," the stallion responded to Lyra's surprise," And have you ever tried carrying a full sized meteorite around? Those things weigh a ton."

Shocked by his response Lyra asked," Wait you heard me?"

To immediately be responded with," Not sure how I could miss it with you yelling in the middle of an empty forest. Also did you hit your head or something, cause I don't look anything like a human. Humans don't even live around here. I'm not even sure if monkeys could live here.

Surprised by his response Lyra jumped from the bushes and trees and immediately made her way to the stallion and asked," Wait what did you just say?"

"What?" he questioned.

"What you said just a second ago"

" Full sized meteorites are hard to carry?"

"No"

"It's hard to miss you if you're yelling in the middle of the forest?"

"No, not that either," Lyra responded with a groan," The one about humans. How they don't live near hear."

"Yeah," he responded," Humans couldn't possibly live near here. It's way too close to an urban area and this forest doesn't have the best living conditions."

"Wait you know about humans?" Lyra asked in an excited squeak.

"Of course," he responded," They're not really the most interesting find. No magic, no wings, their best achievement so far is building a bunch of stuff."

Lyra began to send the stallion a barrage of questions ranging anywhere from what a humans features were, to what their their diet consisted of.

"Waoh, woah there slow down," he asked," I don't know that much about them other than what I've found from the things they left behind from things like ruins."

"So you've never seen a human?" Lyra asked

"I haven't seen them up close, but they do have illustrations that would give me an idea of what they're like."

"But you know for sure they're real?" Lyra persisted

"Yes they definitely exist", he responded, "I'm surprised to find someone this interested in humans. What makes you so into humans Harper?"

"Well it's obvious that human craftsmanship can be seen all over-" Lyra paused to her realization," Wait did you just call me Harper?"

"Yes", he answered," Ponyville is known for its residents to have names that are closely related to their special talent. You have a harp on your butt, and I've always liked the name Harper so i called you Harper."

"That's a pretty weird way of thinking you have there," Lyra responded with a chuckle," That would be like me calling you Spyro cause you have a Spiraling cutie mark."

"Spyro?" he said in confusion," How would you get to that conclusion? I don't look anything like a purple dragon."

"Wait do I," he asked while he began to expect himself.

"Purple dragon?" Lyra asked.

"Never mind," he responded," This has been fun and all but I'm gonna have start leaving," He said while putting the now shrunken meteor into his satchel," I need to get to the other meteorite before something happens to it."

"Wait you're leaving?" Lyra questioned

"Of course i have to," he answered," Do you have any idea how rare meteorites are in these conditions?"

"Not really," Lyra responded, "But it can't be that rare."

"Well considering how this is the first time they actually landed in one piece they're pretty rare, and I don't want to stay any longer in this forest than i already have."

"Why not?" Lyra asked

"These meteorites give off a magical aura that-" He responded before being interrupted by a familiar howl.

"AWOOOOO," A howl could be heard nearby as a large pack of timberwolves made their way for the two ponies. There were more than a dozen timberwolves, much too many for the two to fend off.

"We should start running," he said gazing upon the upcoming pack

Quickly the pair ran through the forest. Making their way through the forest Lyra asked," Why are there so many of them? I've never seen this many timberwolves in one place before. How did they even find us."

"It's the meteorite," The stallion responded while running alongside her," Not many ponies know it but meteorites are made partly of magic. Those trails they give off as they fly through the sky are not from their deterioration. Those trails are from the magic inside them. The reason the glow with different colors is from the type of magic energy inside them.

"That still doesn't explain why we're being chased by dozens of timberwolves," Lyra said looking back to the massive pack.

"I was getting to that," He answered," Meteorites contain a sentient form a magic. More specifically the type of magic involved in the creation of golems. Timberwolves, being wooden golems, are naturally attracted to the aura it gives off."

Continuing through the forest the two began approaching the bridge that went into the forest. Close behind them the pack was closing in. Crushing anything that made its way under their feet.

"We just need to make it over this bridge," the stallion exclaimed," They won't follow past there.

Over the bridge Lyra could see a familiar face. One of which wasn't the most friendly. "Oh no," she said with a worried look.

At the other end of the bridge was a timberwolf, one smarter than the rest of its deceased pack. Seeing its chance for vengeance the wolf began knocking away at the beams of the old bridge, soon making the bridge fall over. then the wolf ran by leaving what looked to be a smirk at the frightened mare.

"This isn't good", Lyra said as the pack began to surround the two. Closing in on them the timberwolves caused them to edge their way to the cliff where the old bridge once stood.

"Do you trust me Lyra?" The stallion asked as he began transcribing strange symbols into the ground.

"I'm not sure I have a choice," Lyra answered

The pack began making their way closer and closer to the two when the stallion said," Good."

Only a few feet away from the two the wolves were readied to pounce. Lyra couldn't help but close her eyes and wait for the worse.

Then feeling a hoof come around her she heard the stallion say," Better luck next time,"

Immediately the stallion stomped the ground filled with the inscriptions he had made causing a large flash of light to blind everything around them. Once the light dimmed the wolves could find no sign of the two and carried on to do whatever it is that timberwolves do.

Blinded by the light Lyra couldn't see anything but white.

"Did it work?" she asked,

"I'd say it worked pretty well since you're still here with me, and in one piece as well," he answered," Although i think your eyesight might have been affected."

"How can you tell?" Lyra asked.

"Well," he answered," You are kinda talking towards a tree right now."

"This won't be permanent will it?" Lyra asked nervously.

"Don't worry it will clear up in a few seconds."

After a few seconds Lyra began to regain her eyesight. Once she could see clearly she saw they were at the entrance to the Everfree Forest.

"How did we get all the way back her?" Lyra said surprised at the distance they traveled.

"I teleported us." he answered

"But how could you have possibly done that?" Lyra questioned," We're miles away from where we were, I'm surprised you could teleport yourself let alone another pony."

"That's why i had to use runes," he answered

"Runes? What are runes?" Lyra asked.

"Well to summarize it," he answered," They're basically magic symbols that can help you cast difficult spells. You're quite the lucky mare. The last time I teleported with someone a distance that large, They ended up halfway across the country."

"Welp that was quite a night," the stallion said while stretching," Guess I'll be on my way then."

The stallion began walking away till Lyra stopped him,"Wait," she said as she rushed in front of him." I could really use help on research I'm working on, and I think you could help."

"Plus I kinda owe you a life debt," she said while pointing back to the forest," If you need a place to stay you could stay with me."

"I don't know," he said putting a hoof up under his chin," Offering a complete stranger entrance to your home is somewhat reckless, and I'm not sure I can help that much with your research."

"Oh come on, please," Lyra began to beg," The things you know about humans could be the very breakthrough I've been working for weeks to find."

"Hhhmm," he hummed as he thought to himself." Well you do make a compelling argument."

"Soooo," Lyra questioned.

"Alright I'll go with you Lyra." he answered.

"Yes," Lyra shouted with joy," Wait, you called me by my real name. I never told you my name."

"I know," he responded," Your name is printed right on your saddlebags," he said while pointing to her bags," I was only messing with you when i called you Harper."

"Speaking of names," Lyra began speaking as they made their way back to Ponyville," What's yours? I never got it, or would you prefer Spyro,"

"No, no," he said while chuckling," My name is Crimson"

"Crimson Warp"

***

Back inside the forest wreckage of a brutal battle lay scattered across the area. With piles of wood, limbs, and branches of the once massive pack lay dead on the ground. Inside, footsteps shake the ground with each step. A tall dark figure slowly walks through the dense forest. Silence spreads and is broken by an eerie dark growl.

"Graaaooo..."




























Meet Crimson Warp

Author's Note:

I wonder if timberwolves are the only golems to inahbit equestria.

Also for those who are probably wondering, I don't plan to make this a shipfic

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment