• Published 16th Jun 2014
  • 1,004 Views, 25 Comments

Flight - AG Phenxore



Can one be loyal without reason? How did Fluttershy earn the loyalty of Rainbow Dash? And how did she become such good friends with her?

  • ...
3
 25
 1,004

More Tea

Where could that little box be? That container which held the delectable vanilla tea that Fluttershy was craving. Though today was a very happy day so far, it could not possibly be ruined by a tea-less afternoon! This much was to be sure. The school day was unusually entertaining today, and the whole trip back was filled with glad, bright rays of sunshine. With the inclusion of singing into the waves of light glowing ahead. She hardly had such a wonderful day dreadfully long, long time. But today, she did! She even felt up to traveling outside her normal schedule, taking a surprise trip to her favorite tea shop to resupply her stash, perhaps grab a quick sip of tea before going back.

Fluttershy happily pranced out her door. She almost seemed off: her still shy appearance contrasting her beaming smile which shone ahead. Rarely she payed little attention to other ponies, but then again, today was such an exemplary day. There was really no reason as to why the delighted Fluttershy was enjoying herself to this extent. Passing no other pegasi, Fluttershy made her way towards the small town outside the school.

Thinking that their students did not need the extra attention, the Flight Academy secluded their students a decent distance from any major Pegasi city. This was largely due to the students they accept. Though the Academy was a prestigious place to graduate, it also gave opportunities to fillies and colts who otherwise would not have such a chance.

The streets were nearly empty, except for the few pegasi trying to avoid the scattered rain storms planned for this afternoon. This bothered Fluttershy very little, a little rain hasn’t been too much trouble to ponies before.

Flying up the last stretch of cloud-scape, and as Fluttershy entered, a bell atop the door chimed. Smells of freshly prepared pastries greets her, the interior warmed Fluttershy from the cool wind outside. She shook off the few drops of rain that had fell on her during her walk, stepping to the counter.

“Hey Fluttershy! Didn’t expect you today, how can I help?”

“You don’t, by chance, have any vanilla tea, its okay if you dont...” Fluttershy questioned,

“But of course! Do you want, a cup or a mug or something to go?” Dave asks, grabbing a few tools used for tea making and reaching for a box high on a counter.

“Uhm, maybe a box?”

“Oh! You want some for home? Sure, do you still want a cup here, or no?” He motions to the items he had already pulled out.

“Yes… yes please.”

“Alrighty, give it a moment to brew, I’ll bring it over when it’s done.”

Fluttershy smiles and nods, hoofing Dave a couple bits as she does. Walking to her normal booth, she looks out the window.

The sky was speckled with clouds and she could see where the rain landed and left little puddles of water on the sidewalks. The streaks of rumbling lightning rolling across the little town. Some rays of silver-gold sunlight stretched through the clouds coloring within the lines that the clouds gave it. The mix of light and rain left behind a strange, but enjoyable, rainy day.

A few minutes had passed, the tea held in Fluttershy’s hooves let off smooth wisps of steam as the hot mug warmed her. A little paper bag, which no doubt contained the box of tea, lay on the table. Her unmoving eyes looked out the window as she sipped. Tea was remarkably calming, and it showed on the relaxed figure of Fluttershy. The booths in the shop allowed one to lay comfortably on the seat, while still allowing them to eat without hindrance. Thus she gladly enjoys the quiet of the coffee house, peacefully and without interruption so far.

The rain was beginning to fall faster, and the outside grew darker as the clouds were slowly moved to cover more and more area. Only two pegasi were out in the weather, their coats drenched and manes dripping. They looked frantically for someplace to hide from the upset sky. One points in the direction of the little shop Fluttershy was presently in. The other nods, his mane whipping his eyes with wet hair as they start their short travel.

The door opens and in rushes hard gusts of rain swept wind. They close the door quickly, but already the floor is covered with water. Inside, as Dave spots the two, they are greeted with some towels and a welcoming host. Taking them to a table, Dave asks whether they would like something or other, to which they both reply, “anything hot.”

Looking around, noting that nopony was present, they begin to talk to one another in loud, excited tones.

“Did you see her face when I told her I thought you were a spy, oh boy that was too easy!” Ones laughs,

“You said it! It’s a shame we only found some bits, we need to stake people out better next time.”

Dave present the two with some bubbly hot cocoa, whipped cream lavishing the tops of both drinks. They thank him and continue their banter as Dave proceeds to cleaning up the water that was carried in when they arrived.

“Hey, she’s Rainbow Dash! You know, the failing prodigy of The Flight Academy? I thought it would be a decent target, I didn’t realize they were almost broke.”

“Almost broke? They had three hundred bits just laying around! I would call that broke.”

“Wait, you actually found something there?”

“Uhm. No?”

“Let me see it.” The underlying rolls his eyes and pulls a bag from under the table. Inside were roughly three hundred coins.

Fluttershy was not normally one to poke into someones business, but her attention was caught at the name of the pony she hurt. Hoping to hear a bit more of the conversation, she poked her head, ever so slightly, out from her hidden spot.

The two were not at their table now, and Dave had stopped his mopping. Far in the back of the shop, Fluttershy could barely see the owner of the coffee house trying to sneak to a phone. Behind, just as stealthily, the two strangers followed him. Once he reached the phones and dialed, the two appeared. Coyly, one seemed to make a motion with his hooves. Dave says something to the phone and hangs up. The other, the one who was holding the bag, opened it and gave dave a large handful of bits.