• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 522 Views, 15 Comments

Harmonics-Legacy - darkone4587



Three years ago Ponyvile was destroyed and the mane 6 scattered across Equestria, now on the heels of a Changeling invasion Scootallo must travel across Equestria to reunite them.

  • ...
5
 15
 522

Legacy Ch.2

MLP-Harmonics: Legacy pt. 2

Outside Cloudsdale a large swarm of Changelings emerge from a black cloud and descend upon the city.

“Scootaloo, get to the base and tell Lightning Dust and Thunderlane to get a group and defend the weather factory.” Rainbow Dash says to Scootaloo before charging at the changelings.
Scootaloo seeing this jumps off the roof scooter in hand and mid air get’s on it and when it lands charges off towards the Wonderbolt’s facility. When she arrives she sees Lightning Dust in her Wonderbolts outfit alongside a small group.

“Lightning Dust, Rainbow Dash says to get a group and defend the weather factory.” Scootaloo says nearly out of breath.

“Well, then it’s a good thing I was still here, Thunderlane and a larger group headed to the weather factory before you arrived, and we were on our way to defend the city.” Lightning Dust says addressing Scootaloo. “Now then little one, I would like you and the other juniors to direct civilians to a safe place.” Lightning Dust says to Scootaloo before flying off.
Meanwhile back in town Rainbow Dash fights off various changelings while the others wreck the town. As she’s getting overtaken by their numbers Lightning Dust and her group charge into the fight as well.

“Took you long enough.” Rainbow Dash says to Lightning Dust joking about her entrance.

“You know that was an impressive entrance, so then is there a plan here?” Lightning Dust asks curiously while they fight off changelings.

“Nope.” Rainbow Dash says answering her. “I was never good with plans, that was more Twilight’s thing.” Rainbow Dash says emphasizing her answer.

“Well that’s part of what I like about you.” Lightning Dust says as they fight.
Meanwhile in the streets Scootaloo charges down the street on her scooter looking for civilians.

“Okay it looks like everyone got out of here, now then where is Rainbow Dash.” Scootaloo says as she looks up towards the sky seeing Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust fighting the changelings, before a group of them come from behind and grab her.

“Squirt.” Rainbow Dash screams out at the sight charging at them and managing to pry Scootaloo out before they swarm over her.
Seeing this Lightning Dust charges at the swarm trying to free Rainbow Dash before another group push her away as the swarm flies away with Rainbow Dash in tow followed by the rest of the changelings.

“Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo screams out as Rainbow Dash is dragged off and taken out of sight.

The next day the junior Wonderbolts are gathered in the Wonderbolt facility with Lightning Dust and Thunderlane addressing the group.

“Now then as you know, we suffered an attack by the changelings just the other day.” Thunderlane says addressing the group.

“With this in mind were canceling the upcoming race and training for the next few weeks.” Lightning Dust says following him up as the group expresses their descent with the decision. “Now listen up you brats, we don’t have time for this, the changelings hit and stole our captain.” Lightning Dust says losing her composure annoyed by their whining.

“Now then, because of this attack, we’ve decided to use the spare time to patrol around Cloudsdale and especially the weather factory.” Thunderlane says trying to get the conversation on track.

“Yes and were going to ask you to assist in this patrol effort.” Lightning Dust says regaining her composure, shocking the group.

“Relax, you’re all too young to do any actual fighting so your only job is to patrol your given area’s and look out for anything suspicious, especially anyone acting strangely, remember changelings have the natural ability to shape shift so please be on alert.” Thunderlane says addressing the group.

“But one of you will be given a special mission, Scootaloo step forward.” Lightning Dust says calling Scootaloo forwards. “We want you to go to Canterlot and inform the princesses of the current situation.” Lightning Dust says as Scootaloo stands in front of her.

“Why her, why the chicken wing?” One of the young pegasi yells at the news.

“You again, your still in trouble for you and your friends little incident, but if you’re so curious Scootaloo is obviously the best option out of all of you.” Lightning Dust says answering the young filly.

“Listen here; the sky way might be compromised by the changelings, so taking the ground might be for the best.” Thunderlane says continuing the explanation. “On top of that Scootaloo is the fastest amongst you, even without her flight.” Thunderlane says finishing the explanation.

“On top of that Scootaloo has interacted with a few princesses, has anyone else here even made contact with one.”Lightning Dust says driving the point home. “So then Scootaloo, will you take this task.” Lightning Dust asks Scootaloo.

“Of course, whatever I can do to help.” Scootaloo says answering her.

“Okay then get ready you’ll leave by the hour.” Lightning Dust says responding to her.

A while later Scootaloo floats down in a hot air balloon before touching down on the ground.

“Okay then, you’ll have to go on foot from here; it shouldn’t be that long till you reach Canterlot.” A pegasus says before flying back up in the hot air balloon. “Be careful.” She says before flying into the clouds.

“Okay then, a rush to Canterlot, for Rainbow Dash and all of Equestria, no pressure right.” Scootaloo says as she gets on her scooter and rushes off.

To be continued

Author's Note:

Well techinqually it's like a two part opening, kind of like Avatars opening episodes. Like always comments are very welcome.