• Published 6th Apr 2012
  • 821 Views, 14 Comments

Resistance - TapitLightly



Celestia lost, but some events are so powerful that they are bound to happen.

  • ...
2
 14
 821

Resistance

"... this is what we've been striving for." Twilight's voice still rang in the ears of everypony in the entire Resistance Force. "Years of hiding, years of training, and years of living in fear all comes down to this." She had given the speech only an hour before. "After today, our struggles and those of our families will be over." She knew that her words needed to boost morale for the mission ahead. "After today, Equestria will be free of the tyrannical leadership of Nightmare Moon forever!" The uproarious applause told her that her words would have the desired affect. Twilight Sparkle's Resistance Force was prepared.

* * *

Now Twilight stood at the head of the force, preparing herself for the battle ahead. She ran through a mental checklist. Her magic ensured that all the commanders were connected and could communicate through a whisper in the right direction. "Alpha Squadron, situation report."

"We are rearin' and ready to go," Applejack's voice came through.

"Good." Check. Twilight adjusted her head. "Bravo Squadron, situation."

"We were born ready." Rainbow Dash this time.

"Good." Check. Twilight made another adjustment. "How are the unicorns back at camp?"

"I don't know Twilight. I'm not back at camp." Twilight mentally facehoofed as she realized that she was facing back toward Applejack's squad.

"My apologies Applejack." Twilight corrected herself. "Rarity how is it going back at camp?"

"They're ready to go at your signal Twilight."

"Good." Check. One more check to go. Twilight looked into the air for the final signal and opened up the communications spell so that her next sentence would be broadcast to every officer that was in the spell's connection.

* * *

A lone mare stood on the stage performing for some of the highest of Equestria's elite. Generals, scientists, government officials, and even some of the heads of the various departments that run Equestria and make the decision that are deemed too mundane for the princess. Her bow flew across her cello so fast that pinpointing it's location at any one point in time would be nigh impossible. As the rise and fall of the sonata she was playing reached a fever pitch, she approached the sequence that would activate the flare that would be launched from behind the crowd in front of her. Her job was to play well enough that none of the ponies present would notice, a job she could more than handle.

The sonata was about to hit its apex, and the mare was doing brilliantly, but she was nervous. One missed note, and the flare wouldn't activate. She hit the first note of the sequence, and all earlier doubts were gone. She disappeared into her favorite part of the piece, not even noticing when the flare went up, and the rest of the room was just as captivated as she was. Octavia had succeeded.

* * *

Twilight checked off the last mental box. "Bravo Squadron, go!" 300 pegasi noiselessly rose from the ground on the west side of the city, following the lead of the various officers that were amidst them.

"Rarity, on my mark. 3, 2, 1, mark!" All 300 unicorn horns back at the campsite started glowing at the same time. "Applejack, you're clear. Go!" 500 earth ponies and the remaining 150 unicorns advanced upon the city from the top of the mountain to the east, also noiselessly on account of the cushioning from the spells at the campsite.

Twilight closed off the communication spell so that it would reach only her and the rest of the council, so as to avoid confusion amongst the troops. "Alright everypony. The channel is closed to just us six. Remember your objectives, and keep each other updated. I'm going to go find a nightmare. Sparkle out." With that, Twilight closed herself off from the circuit. She had a job to do.

* * *

Comments ( 3 )

it was ok but it does need more detail, you need to put your reader in twilights place, not just let them read it as if they are watching from overhead. thats why we write stories, so that the reader can know what the main character is thinking, or feeling. that's what seperates books from movies that's what makes them worth reading. but it shows promise and i would really like to see what you can do next, although a tip befpre i go. you cant do a captivating battle scene without alot more detail. hope i helped.
:eeyup:

2208712

The problem is I much prefer a third-person point of view. It gives a slightly less personal but vastly more knowledgeable twist on it. I personally prefer to write in third.

another way to do that is to change the first person point of view, like from twi to flutter between chapters or paragraphs, im actually writing a story like that at the moment:scootangel:

Login or register to comment