• Published 6th Apr 2012
  • 821 Views, 14 Comments

Resistance - TapitLightly



Celestia lost, but some events are so powerful that they are bound to happen.

  • ...
2
 14
 821

The Council Meets

“Ah don’t know Twilight. Ah just don’t see how this dream changes anything.”

“It wasn’t just a dream. It was too real” Twilight tried to explain. “No, it was more than a dream. It happened, and I somehow saw it when I touched the stone.

“Even if it weren’t a dream, it still don’t change nothin’. We still gotta go in and take her off her throne.”

Rarity saw this as a chance to put her own two bits in. “I don’t see the difference either Twilight. A delay would mean I would have to make more winter clothing. We’ve picked up a lot of new recruits. Autumn will be here soon, and this won’t be a safe place to stay for much longer. I had really hoped we would try to knock her off her high horse in the next couple months.”

“I’m telling you, these things have more power than we can contain. We’re playing with fire here, and if we try to use these without learning every aspect of them, we’re going to get burned. Admittedly, Nightmare Moon and Luna are one and the same probably won’t help us. But these elements burned up the mare who raised the SUN! The light that regulates our camp and gives our plants nutrition is less than one millionth of that power, and it still leaves me tired at night. There’s no way we can handle that without some proper training.”

“And how exactly would we even go about getting that training? We don’t exactly have a teacher.” Even Rainbow Dash had her doubts.

“Well I don’t exactly have that much planned yet…” For the first time in 8 years, Twilight Sparkle didn’t have an answer.

“So we’re just going to wing it with the training instead of winging our way to Nightmare Moon. Well here’s my question. Twilight, what are you going to do to prevent us from just burning up in practice? I think that would be a truly pointless death.”

“Well, I… Um…” For the second time in 2 minutes, Twilight Sparkle didn’t have an answer.

“Ah think that if we’re gonna go down, we might as well go down fightin’. Ah’ll follow you wherever you lead, but Ah’ll be darned if Ah said Ah wouldn’t prefer to head straight to Her Royal Highness’s castle and take it apart brick by brick.

Twilight looked at Spike pleadingly. “Spike? What do you think about the current predicament?

“I for one trust your judgment. If you think we need to wait it out and practice, then I say we wait out and practice. However, I’m always for the Democratic method. If there’s a discrepancy, we should put it to a vote.” There was a chorus of agreement.

“Alright then, a vote it is. Everypony, close your eyes.” Twilight started in the usual fashion. “Spike, count the votes for and against.”

“Yes ma’am. All for waiting and practicing?” Fluttershy, Spike, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight each raised their hoof (or claw). “And those for charging the castle soon, as we had planned?” Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack all raised a hoof this time.

“The aye's have it. We wait it out.”

***

After the meeting, Pinkie had a little surprise for everyone.

"Alright everypony. Now that that's out of the way, it's time to paaaarrrrtaaaaaayyyy!!!!

And with that, she opened the flap to the cafeteria tent.

The group looked around the tent in amazement. Everywhere, there was Pinkie's trademark party items. Confetti, sparkling punch, pink table tops, and cupcakes, cupcakes everywhere. Everywhere, one looked, there were treats, toys, and more. It was an incredible, long awaited break from the hard life in the resistance. And as soon as the rest of the camp knew, there was ponies dancing to the tunes that Vinyl Scratch was playin out. Everyone got into the swing of things, even Twilight had a few sips of punch. That night, everyone slept soundly. And the last thought on anyone's mind was Nightmare Moon. For once, they lived worry free.