• Published 6th Apr 2012
  • 821 Views, 14 Comments

Resistance - TapitLightly



Celestia lost, but some events are so powerful that they are bound to happen.

  • ...
2
 14
 821

Echoes

Time is an odd thing. It crumbles nations, tears down empires, and claims more lives than anything else. History is an odd thing as well. Impossible to tell which version is correct, because invariably, there’s more than one side to every story. However, at times you find something with a memory attached, not just any memory, but a powerful memory. A magical memory.

***

She was looking in from a corner. There was a midnight blue Alicorn hovering over a pure white one, both with ethereal manes. She saw the malice in the blue one’s eyes, but she also saw the hesitation. The white one’s eyes were closed, as though she were weak and about to letting go. She jumped when the white one started speaking, though her voice was barely more than a whisper.

“Please Luna. Don’t do this. I know who you are, and this isn’t it.”

“Oh Celestia. How can you know who I am? You’ve ignored me for hundreds of years, just like the rest of the ponies.”

“That’s not true. I loved you. I still do love you. I’ve raised you. I’ve taught you. I’ve helped you. You are my sister. And no one can possibly know you more than me. Luna, I-”

DON’T CALL ME LUNA! My name is NIGHTMARE MOON. Luna is dead, and she’s never coming back!”

“I shall always call you Luna, because you will always be Luna to me. The Luna that was my little sister. The Luna that I still love. The Luna that raised the moon and reminded me to raise the sun. That’s who you are to me.”

The midnight blue one’s eyes glazed over for a moment, but she was immediately back. However, she looked different. Almost… doubtful. But once more, she was quickly back to blinding anger.

The midnight blue one’s horn began to glow, but the white one suddenly had a glint in her eye. The blue one hesitated, and then she was blasted back as waves of magic emanated from the white one. The white one blasted her into a corner. She knew that the white one had her beat.

But then, the white one stopped moving. The waves of power, however, only got stronger. They built and built, but the white one had fear etched into her face. A bright flash occurred, and then there was only dust. Dust, and six stones.

***

Twilight awoke to the sounds of a shouting dragon.

“Someone, anyone, help her! We need our medic!”

Twilight said “No Spike. I’m fine.”

“But-“

“I appreciate it Spike, but I’m fine.”

“Okay…”

She knew that she probably should see the doctor, but she didn’t want to bother with it. She had a more pressing issue.

“Spike, call the council. We have business to attend to.”
_____________________________________________________________________________

Author’s note: I must explain why this isn’t accompanied by Chapter 4. I, being confident and arrogant, didn’t save my work. So when my computer blue screened and I couldn’t get the recovery file, I had to type it again. Needless to say, I save three times an hour. Save your work kids. Or you could just go with Google docs, but I couldn’t handle the lag that comes with my connection. I also apologize for the fact that this is mainly just the prelude from a different p.o.v. but it's done like that on purpose.