• Published 7th Apr 2012
  • 713 Views, 7 Comments

The Sealed Pony - BlindLight



Who would have thought the creator of existence lived just down the river?

  • ...
 7
 713

Recovery and Truth

Divi remained like a statue. "Carrot Top told me you were here." Hymm went and stood right next to Divi. Once again, Divi's ear flicked. "I..... wanted to apologize for the hill. I thought you had feelings for me, too." Still nothing. "Well, I guess this is goodbye."

Hymm turned to leave but was stopped. One hoof on her shoulder. She turned to see Divi holding her, tears now pouring from her lifeless eyes. Hymm came close to Divi. A single word whispered into her ear.

"Stay."

Hymm stayed with Divi the rest of the night. The doctors tried to through her out but a quick look from Divi sent them away. "How did you do that?" asked Hymm. "In time, I'll tell you everything in time." with that, Divi quickly collapsed into a deep sleep, held tight in Hymm's embrace.

They sent Divi home with Hymm, leaving explicit instructions that she should remain in bed for at least a week. That week was magical for both mare's. They didn't do anything special, but then again, they didn't need to. Simply being near each other was enough. Then it happened. A simple question changed everything.

"Why?"

"Why what?" asked Divi. She knew what was coming. She could feel it, her seals where starting to burn.

"Why did you turn me away that night?" concern lining Hymm's face. "Sit down."

"You remember asking me about those strange bands I wear?" Hymm nodded. "Their magic. Seals to be exact." "What do they seal?" Hymm asked. "Me." Hymm just starred, confusion flashing across her face like a neon sign.

"I'm not a pony." Divi said it so flatly that it caught Hymm off guard. "Then what are you?" Hymm said with a nervous giggle.

"A god. The seals allow me to keep pony form, If their released, all my power will release at once, destroying not just Equestria, but all of this universe."

Hymm was stunned. "THAT'S PREPOSTEROUS! Even if that was true, how did BREAKING MY HEART FIX IT!?" her voice a dagger of anger and sorrow.

"Love, it's the only thing that can break my seals. Anypony I fall in love with gets control over them. Over me." Divi said shaking.

Hymm didn't know how to take this. Just being told that if the pony she loves loved her back, it would end the world. "So you ran me off to save the world?"

"No, I could care less about the world, or the universe for that matter. I did it because I couldn't bare to have your death on my hands."

Hymm was about to reply when Divi started howling in pain. "Divi! What's wrong!?" screamed a frightened Hymm.

"My seAHHHHHHHHH! Seals! Their AHHHHHHHHHHHH! bre... breaking!" Her body felt like it was being ripped apart by every individual cell. "I have to leave, I'll kill you if i stay!" To this day, Hymm has never regretted what she said next.

"NO! I'M NOT LETTING YOU GO AGAIN! SCREW EVERYPONY!"

"WHY!?"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

That was the breaking point. Just before her seals could come undone, Divi pulled Hymm close and whispered the words she had never said before with the authority of all her being, with the existence of a god.

"I love you."