• Published 6th Apr 2012
  • 879 Views, 25 Comments

The Last Stand of the Alicorns - ihaveofficiallyretired



A tale that recounts the battle that decides the fate of the alicorns.

  • ...
2
 25
 879

Chapter 3

“Celestiaaaaa! Celestiaaaaaaaaa! Wake up!!” The princess groggily awoke to her younger sister jumping up and down on top of her. “C’mon! Wake uuuuuup!!”

“Okay, okay, I’m awake. What do you want?”

“Well, I was up already and I got bored cause you were still asleep so I was walking around the castle and there was this big blue box in the kitchen and I thought ‘Oh that’s strange, why is there this big blue box in the kitchen, it’s a box it doesn’t go in a kitchen’ so then I went to ask the chef about it and he said he had no idea what it was and then when I went to show him it was GOOOOONE! So then I walked around some more and then there it was again but this time there was this brown earth pony with an hour glass cutie mark and a grey pegasus coming out of it so I ran away.” Luna was talking so fast that Celestia could barely understand her.

“And you’re telling me this why?” Certainly Luna was just being silly again. Vanishing blue boxes? That’s just plain silly.

“Because they’re right outside your room…”

“Yes, yes we are. And we desperately need to speak to the both of you.” In walked the brown earth pony with an hourglass cutie mark and the grey pegasus.

“HEEEEELP!” Celestia and Luna were panicking. Two complete strangers managed to get past the royal guards. Things like this just don’t happen.

“No, no, there is no need for that. I need the both of you to calm down. I am just here to talk to you.”

Celestia spoke first. “Well who are you then? How did you get here?”

“I am the Doctor. Please, just listen to what I have to say.”

“He sounds like he’s from the north…” Luna remarked.

“Lots of places have norths. Now please listen to me. You two need to hide. Quickly. If you don’t, then you probably will die.” The Doctor had a very serious look on his face. Something bad was about to happen, and The Doctor knew what it was.

“How do you know this? You can’t just predict the future.” Celestia said. The young alicorn knew that much.

“Err…we’re from the future,” said the grey pegasus. She tried desperately to look Celestia in the eyes, but she just couldn’t. The pegasus’ eyes were looking different directions from each other no matter what she did. It just wasn’t possible.

“Oh that’s just great Ditzy. Just tell everyone our secrets.” The doctor looked a little flustered.

“Sorry….” Ditzy Doo was probably trying to stare at the floor in shame.

“Wait, so you guys are from the future? THAT’S SO COOOL!” Luna was ecstatic.

“So why are you here? What purpose brought you here?” Celestia almost seemed…commanding.

“Ah yes, well you see, in the future, you and your sister just…disappeared. I ran some tests and discovered that someone else went back to today and killed the both of you, completely screwing up the timeline. So now I’m here, trying to set things right. But you need to hide. We will try to find your killer and prevent him from doing his job. As far as I can tell, that is the only thing that got changed today.” The Doctor finished his little explanation and prepared for the question he knew was imminent.

“Wait…how does this all work? The future messed up the present in the past so the present came to the past to fix the present which is really the future but the present as well...I’m confused.” Luna almost hurt her brain trying to figure this all out. She looked at her sister to see if perhaps she could figure this out.

“Uh…me too,” agreed Celestia.

“It’s a bunch of wibbly wobbly timey wimey….stuff. Look the point is, you have to hide. C’mon Ditzy, let’s see what we can do.” At that, The Doctor and Ditzy Doo dashed back out the door they came in.

“That was…weird,” stated Celestia.

“Maybe we should go and hide now,” said Luna.

“It wouldn’t hurt,” replied Celestia. The two of them ran off to go find a good hiding spot.


“King! King Galaxius!” The guards were sprinting towards the barely conscious body of their beloved king. The king had been lying there for an unknown amount of time. There were no physical injuries, but there was no reason to believe that he had simply fallen asleep.

“Wha…What’s going on?” The king struggled to open his eyes. He felt weak and just the effort to acknowledge the concerned guards taxed his body.

“Sire, you’ve been missing for almost an entire day. We have been worried about you!”

“Well, clearly I am fine. Just a touch tired.” The king’s memory was hazy. He had been…in the garden? Yes. The garden. Why was he in the garden? This he pondered for a moment before the answer came to him. “The statue!” exclaimed the king.

“The statue, sire?” Both of the guards seemed confused at this statement. The only statue they could remember seeing was the new one in the garden, of the draconequus, but there was nothing odd about it. Except for the subject matter, perhaps.

“Yes, the blasted statue! Where is it?!”

“Same place it was this morning sire. In the garden. Why do you ask?” This question puzzled the guards further. The king has been missing for days and he is concerned about his statue? Surely he is delusional.

The guard’s response caused as much confusion to Galaxius as he had caused to the guards. “That…That cannot be. I remember the draconequus was missing! It simply cannot be there now!”

“Sire, perhaps we should get you back to the castle. You are about a mile outside of Canterlot. Are you well enough to fly?”

The king stretched out his wings. A bit stiff, perhaps, but not injured in any way. “Yes. Let us return to the castle.” At that the king and his guards took to the skies and flew toward the castle.