• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 4,320 Views, 185 Comments

Through the roof - The Psychopath



Mark Fénix finds himself in Canterlot castle after an illogical event. How will he return home?

  • ...
15
 185
 4,320

White diamond

As promised to myself, I use secret technique passed down by ancestors. It is honorable technique of builder. If I reveal it, I would dishonor my honor. So, besides my thought pattern of using old Japanese accents, I sneaked out of my room and started working early on the roof, just so I could rest for the rest of the day. I'm pretty sure it was going to be time for Luna to go to bed, as the sun started to rise. Some get bored of sunrise and sunset, but in another world, it was something to admire. It was like looking at the greatest circular light ever. It eventually covered the land in a perpetual light as this illuminating wave swept over the shadows like a tsunami. However, I wasn't done with working, and I needed to finish this roof. Of course, that damn phoenix had some sort of the sixth sense related to me, and was busy watching me replacing a few roof tiles.

"Stupid tiles. Why don't you stay in place?! Oh shi-"

One of the tiles slid off the roof I was sitting on and, with the *clink clink clink* that it made, I leaned over to hear it break on the floor. Instead, I heard a *thump* followed by a loud "OW!". I thought it was Celesta, so I got back to work like nothing happenned. However, I forgot about them having wings, and, following the landing on the roof, I was greeted with a punch to the back of my head.

"Ow! What's wrong with...oh...hi Luna."

"How did you even get out of your room?"

"It is secret technique. IIIIII cannot tell you."

"Since you didn't seem to go deeper in a certain subject last night, we will not go further into this one. But why are you working so early?" I got back to work as I sit down and grabbed another nail.

"Back in my world, I was sometimes called early in the morning. In exchange for calling me earlier, I was given extra resting time. Some people just don't like working over-time."

"So you believe that we will give you extra waiting time?"

"Clothes would be nice for today. Especially some pants and shoes. This is getting increasingly annoying."

"We are confused as to why you perpetually where them. Why don't you simply take them off?"

The blood's-a rushin' and a clottin' in mah face.

"Dah...durrr...duuuummmm....." I sputed while I stumbled upright." I'd rather keep them on,thank you."

"Why?"

"Back where I come from, nakedness isn't exactly appreciated outside of deep relationships...and...other disturbing things."

"So it is a type of taboo?"

"Basically. That, and our special areas aren't hidden like for you ponies."

"We seeeeee...."

"Why do you keep speaking of yourself in plural form?"

"It is a tradition that we have grown accustomed to. It is-"

"-the royal "we"?" I said while rolling my eyes.

"...Yes. I suppose you have a way of talking too. Dost thou speaketh the olde english?"

"Nay."

"Hrmhrm. "Neigh"."

"But there is the traditional Royal Canterlot voice."

"And how does that work?"

"IT REQUIRES ME TO USE A TONE OF THIS VOLUME WHEN I SPEAK TO MY SUBJECTS!"

"Wow. That was AWESOME! I've never seen someone with that kind of voice! Although I'm sure a few heavy metal "singers" would love her"

"It does not "hurt" you like the others have said?"

"Bah! I'm used to loud noises. Ever heard of a jackhammer?"

"No. What is it?"

"It's used to break away pieces of cement, so it makes quite the ruckus."

"We see. We shall retreat for the day."

"Good...uh...day then?"

Luna looked so adorable when she was tired....oh no...OH NO! My manliness is fading! *sounds of dying and gurgling* *BOOM*

"What was that?" I mumbled to myself as I let go off my neck and stopped my spasms.

I slowly stood up. Being on a roof could be dangerous, especially without a harness.
But that sound seemed to be a sonic boom. But how was such a thing possible? Especially in a world devoid of any real technology. Even if that was a sonic boom, I would have seen the object before the sound reached my ears.

"What's that blue thing over there that's coming diRECTLY AT ME!"

I barely had time to avoid thatt the zig-zagging blue streak smacked me in the face and caused me to tumble forward back towards the direction of the entrance/exit. I tried hanging onto the tiles, but they kept flinging off of my hands, and I saw myself falling to my doom. Instead of flopping on the ground like pancake, though, I was caught in the air by Philomena who forced herself to fly me into a tree, causing the both of us to flop on the branches and land on the ground with a hard *thump*.

I managed to sit up, but Philomena had a bunch of crap ruffled in her feathers, so I forced myself to pick them out. The next second, a blue pagasus with a rainbow colored mane landed right in front of me.

"Hey! You think destroying the roof of the castle is going to get you anywhere you...you thing?"

She was one of the few that managed to make me angry.

"So...you slam into me, knock me off a roof, and nearly kill me, just because you thought that I was destroying the roof?! I'LL DENT YOUR SKULL!"

"COME ON THEN!"

I sprinted towards the pegasi who hopped high into the air and tried to fly away. Unfortunately for her, I caught her wing and threw her hard on the ground.

"Let's how you deal with a good old fashioned sumo body-slam." I said as I cracked my knuckles. "BODY-SLAM!" *boom*


Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight Sparkle were passing through the newly opened entrance, and were busy talking to eachother about the new creature Pinkie had found. However, at the sight of a gigantic creature holding Rainbow Dash by her wings and shaking her like a baby-rattle had the two unicorns charging directly at it to save their friend.

"Now I hope you've understood that what you did was a very bad thing. You may pretty much bruised up my entire body, but I'm still pretty sure I can deal with small ponies who jet around and smack me in a fight."

"Hey you!"

"Hm?"

"Let go of Rainbow Dash!" said a lavender colored pony galopping towards me.

"Yes. Let go of her or else we'll...we'll." stuttered the white unicorn

"Ah?! You seem to radiate with beauty." I said directly to her. I believe I flaunted her ego somewhat.

"Oh? You think so?"

"Yyyyessss....but it is artificial."

"WHAT?!"

"Don't think I can't see the make-up and the fake eye-lashes. You may use natural remedies for your coat and skin, but that can't hide usage of artificial sweeteners to these eyes."

"*sigh* Can you just let go of my friend you're holding before Rarity gets angry?"

"Rarity? A sparkling name. Fine. I'll let go of your friend, but tell her to stop knocking me off roofs. She hurt Philomena."

"SHE WHAT?!"

"I just-"

That lavender colored pony had already jettisonned towards the phoenix taking out the branches and leave ruffled into it's feathers and surprised me with it's quick healing. I didn't know phoenixes had quick healing.

"Oh, hey Pinkie Pie!"

"Hey Mark. HUG ATTACK!"

"YOU'LL NEVER DEFEAT ME!"

I could see this "Rarity" stare at us back and forth as we started to squeeze eachother.

"Pinkie...you know this creature?"

"Tcha! I met him yesterday."

"Wait...this was the thing you were telling me about?" said Twilight as she walked away with the phoenix on her back.

"Yup. Hey Mark, this is Twilight Sparkle." she had less trouble talking as I wasn't squeezing her anymore.

"Hi."

"This is Rarity."

"Helloooooo."

"And the one you beat up is Rainbow Dash."

"Speaking of which, did you say that she knocked you off the roof?" asked Twilight.

"Aye. 'Just went *zoom* and off the roof I went. It's a good thing Philomena managed to arc my fall or else I would've become flat like a pancake. I suggest you look over her. I gave her a punch to the gut to calm her down, and I don't want to know that I put her into a coma. Although the attempts at someone's life isn't exactly the best way to meet someone."

"She'll be fine. If I know Rainbow Dash, it's that she's sturdy."

"Quite." I remembered me body-slamming onto her and seeing her jet back off the ground and hit me like a stinging bee.

"Mark, didn't you say that you were going to tell me more about your species and where you come from if I came today?"

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot."

"Well, that's all fine and dandy Pinkie, but I believe we should be going now. Princess Luna asked me personally for designing somepony's clothes."

"That would be for me."

"W-WHAT?!" she gasped.

"Well, duh! Look at me! I don't exactly look very good without pants and shoes on, now do I?"

"I was wondering why you were wearing such horrid attire. I mistook you for a troll."

*mental trollface*

"I can explain more about myself when you take the measurements of my over-sized body, okay?"

"Fine, but I want an apology about what you said of me, about my beauty being 'artificial'."

"No can do. I'm an admirer of art, and as such, I have a keen eye for these sort of things. I admire natural beauty, not artificial beauty. A work of art must be nothing but the paint and the brush. It shouldn't have sparkles and all that over it."

Her eyes seemed to gleam.

"So you also know fashion?"

"Not really. In my world, there are really wierd things being called called 'art' and 'fashion'."

"We'll talk about it as soon as we're in the dressing room."

"Okay. Just let me call Peppermint. PEPPERMINT!"

I was lucky that these ponies were so small, although this blue one packed quite a punch. However, a simple touch to her wings and she spiralled out of control. HA! I'm not sure if I could deal with fighting the princesses though. They seem mighty powerful, although I'm sure my brawn can go against their magic...hopefully.


I feel like this chapter was of poor quality. It seems that my brain is starting to overheat again. It's annoying and slowing my imagination.