• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 4,320 Views, 185 Comments

Through the roof - The Psychopath



Mark Fénix finds himself in Canterlot castle after an illogical event. How will he return home?

  • ...
15
 185
 4,320

Fiery phoenix

...Still being dragged....this is tiresome...

"You know, I have legs. They aren't there just for show."

"I don't care. You attacked my guards and nearly killed the one guarding you."

"I'm sure he's, wait what? Killed? What purpose does the armor have if it can't deal with a little amount of bars falling on top of it?"

"Unless you are that idiotic, then you must have noticed that your body is much more robust than that of my guards."

"Point being?"

"That you could have killed them if you made the effort. Now get inside this room."

"Wait, when did we get here?"

We were at the end of one of the many hallways of this castle. This portion was very dark and creepy, and the only door was the one I was facing. It looked like it was reinforced...bronze? I hate bronze, it's so ugly. Instead of simply letting me in there, Celestia literally threw me against the table surrounded by quite a few chairs.

"Fiesty... I didn't think that princesses were violent. Why not take an example from your little sister? Pfff...she looks more gentle...hmhm...." I was trying not to laugh while saying this.

I was certainly aggravating my case even though the other "pony" was chuckling quite a bit at my humor and my smirk. Totally worth it. Sitting on one of those wooden chairs, I spun it to face Celestia directly while I rest my head on my hand.

"So...you wanted to interrogate me? Go ahead, but I want answers as to where I am as well."

"That is not your choice to make."

"Oh well, no answers then."

Celestia had steam building up and was about to unleash it on me, but I noticed that her sister decided to butt in and take over.

"If you would be so kind as to answer our questions first, we would be glad to answer yours."

"Hmmm...asked so nicely and with an equally serene and crystal clear voice...why would I not answer to a work of art. Fire away!"

I saw Luna give her hoity-toity look at her sister, who rolled her eyes and started to ask me weird questions:

"What sort of being are you?"

"A human being."

"Human"? What is that?"

" A human being is the supposed next evolutionary step from primates. Of course, it took us several million years worth of evolution to get to what we are now. Homo sapiens is the name of my current species. I am intrigued at what the future ones will look like, and how they will regard us..."

"And is your species a violent one?"

I turned pale as I straightened myself up. A nervous smile and a pulling on the collar made the two ponies up their guard.

"Daaauuum....well...we are "evil" if that's what you're asking."

"Answer the question."

"Well, let's just say that every individual has their own thoughts on life, and mine is of a more peaceful perspective dedicated to art and manual labor. However, as much as I hate to say it, the majority of our history represents our species in a constant war against each other. BUTITISN'TALLBAD!" I rushed. I had to lower the tension or else." We have invented many things and created several more."

"Such as?" asked Luna.

"A more notable invention of my time period would be the computer."

"Com-pu-ter?" they both said in unison.

"A gem of technology. Just give it some electricity and it will do so many things that will baffle your mind. However, being a builder, I don't really have much need for it. There are also planes and submarines. The planes allow hundreds of my species to travel at quick speeds through the air, while the submarine allows us to go extremely deep into the sea without water pressure problems."

"Planes allow you to fly? Don't you have some "humans" with wings?" Celestia said with skepticism.

"What? What for? We'd need hollowed out bones for that."

They both spread their wings widely, giving way for a great splendor of color and gracefulness.

"Wow."

"We don't have "hollowed-out" bones like you say."

"Then those wings are just for decoration?"

"Nope." replied Luna."They work perfectly. We're not exactly sure how your world works, but we ponies can fly."

"Mhmm...can I ask my own questions now?"

"Go ahead."

"Hmmm...so you say there are other ponies with wings and horns, are there any normal ones?"

"What do you mean?"

"Back in my world, ponies can't fly, nor do they have horns, or look so...hum...elegant."

Celestia seemed to glare at me. What was passing through her head? I'm simply an admirer of beauty.

"Well, my sister and I are alicorns."

"Which explains why you have both horns and wings while a few of your guards had one or the other."

"Precisely. We have immense magical powers and, well, we have been granted the gift of immortality."

"Sounds more like a bane than a gift. Living forever has no value if you lose everything you held dear to you. I suggest you cherish every moment you have if you are truly immortal."

They didn't seem to like what I said too much. They weren't angry, rather, it looked like a mixture of frustration and sadness.

"Anyways, as we were saying, we are alicorns, and we are only two in this world."

"Then you haven't ever felt the joys of love?"

They blushed.

"Ah?"

"Let's refrain from discussing that subject."

I gave the "okay" stance, with the hands up and the eyes closed and many more unimportant details.

" Alright, so I'm going to assume that the ones who only have horns are called "unicorns", and they have some type of magical control, like what you did earlier."

"You catch on fast."

Celestia glared. I glared rat back at 'er. Dis feller ain't gon' let nobody walk on his stuff.

"I was one of the best eyes in my profession."

"We'll talk more about you after. The ponies with wings are called "pegasi", while those who have neither of these features are called 'earth ponies'."

"Interesting. And what is the name of this world?"

"Equestria. And you are currently in Canterlot castle."

"I'm really in a castle?! Can I have a look around? I love castles. They always have something special to show."

"No."

"Fine. Anything else?"

"Yes. What is the name of YOUR world?"

"My PLANET is called Earth, although it is divided into many territories. I lived in one, but I prefer to keep it a secret."

"That is alright." said Luna, who decided to take over her very suspicious sister. "Did you have a profession while over there?"

"Yup. I'm a builder. I can lay bricks, build walls, make roofs, ect. I just can't install your plumbing, sorry."

"This would explain why you have such a developed muscular mass."

"Pretty much. Too bad it didn't up my looks. Pahahah...it was a joke."

Zey vere not amuzed.

"Do you have any idea how you got here?"

"Let me think. Let's see...what do I remember...ah yes! I remember seeing on the news something about a cosmic storm distorting space around it. Then I tried to fall on my bed and I heard some sort of fizzling sound. That's when I came crashing into Luna's bedroom...through the roof...and while getting little pieces of said roof to land on my head..."

Damn you, Marvel universe. *fist shake*

Celestia started talking with her sister while facing away from, occasionally turning around to give me the look.

"We have decided of what we are going to do with you," said Celestia.

"And what ARE you going to do?"

"Until you can return home, you will stay in this castle. You can walk within the castle grounds, but you cannot leave them. In exchange for giving you a proper room, we'll need your help with some construction and repairing around the castle. You can start with fixing my sister's roof. "

"Okay then."

"Uhhh..." stuttered Luna.

"What is it?"

"We have already fixed the roof. It didn't take long to fix it with our magic while he was in the dungeon."

" Fine. You are off today, but you better get to work tomorrow," I sighed.

"Fine by me. Well then, I'll be off."

"Not so fast," said Celestia.

"Aww man. I was almost outside of this door.

"I will have my phoenix watch you."

"Come again?"

Celestia's only response was her whispering.

THEY CAN WHISTLE?! I what twisted and disturbed universe have I fallen into?

The door burst open i flames as a magnificent species of the avian variety flew right onto Celestia's stretched out leg.

"This is Philomena. She will be watching every single thing you do."

"Then I will cherish this as a gift upon my eyes. I have never seen such a bird that blends pride and tranquility, as well as courage into one entity. It's colors compliment each other, and it looks quite strong. A perfect specimen of phoenix indeed. Perhaps even, of all birds."

"Are you obligated to do that whenever you see something?"

"Hm? Annoyed that I appreciate the looks of the bird over you?"

That white alicorn glared at me with her teeth. I literally shielded my face after seeing that.

"Damn royalty, you scareh!

"Would you like her to stay on your shoulder while she watches you?" proposed Celestia. I gave her that "I'm watching you" face.

"Ooookay. The right shoulder would be fine. I'm pretty sure her claws can't..."

I didn't get to complete my sentence before hearing a 'schlink' sound. Silence flew through the room like wind in the desert. The two princesses were leaning closer to my face as the phoenix started to scratch itself.

"Are you...crying?" asked Luna.

"Nope. These are manly tears. Now can I leave?"

"Yes you can."

I'm going to...I'm going to walk around the garden for a bit...just to see- *inhale*-just to see if there are some great garden designs.

Walking out of the room, I felt this bastard's claws seep deeper in. I'm pretty sure those two princesses were tilting slightly just to see the way their "prisoner" was walking with this giant bird on his shoulder. They must have been having a great laugh. Who knew that beauty could hurt so much?