• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 742 Views, 22 Comments

The vampony of Manehatten High - Fanged Rainbow



A story about a vampiric teenage mare and the daily struggles of life... kinda...

  • ...
5
 22
 742

A disaster and a half...

That scream...

It would have sent a shiver down my spine if it were not for the aroma that hit my nose... Blood. I love the smell, after all, It's what I eat. And the sheer adrenaline that suddenly pumped through me.

"Celestia buck!"

"Owch..."

"That's gotta hurt."

Somepony had gotten their hoof stuck in a cutting machine, literally sawing the front of their right hoof off... It caused panic in the class as the hospital was called.

The aroma was so enticing, so difficult to resist. What could I do? I galloped the the bathroom in an attempt to get away from the situation. A teaching assistant had followed me. "Starlight? Why did you run from lesson?" she asked me.

"I'm squeamish," I lied.

The teaching assistant sighed. "Starlight, come back to lesson"

"N-No!" I yelled feeling my hunger rising, I avoided the mirror and rolled into a ball, feeling like I would assault my teaching assistant.

"Starlight Eclipse!"

I stared at her hungrily, she got the message it seems as she backed down. But not five minutes after she left I tried to sneak home. I saw him, his bone were visible. that was a bit much, even for me. "Buck..." I whispered as I turned my head so I couldn't see him."

When I thought the student had gone I turned my head again, my teacher was across the hall, watching me. "Starlight, can you come back to lesson now?" he asked in a concerned voice. I didn't reply. "Starlight?" he asked me again, yet I still remained silent. "Starlight Eclipse!" he said angrily, losing his temper, but it soon was replaced by sorrow.

"Can I go?" I asked quietly.

"Lesson's cancelled," he replied.

I nodded, heading outside, hood up and sitting in the shade thinking to myself. Several teachers walked past me as I sat under a balcony, none paid any attention too me though. Part of me wished it could kill me if it collapsed. It couldn't though because of the whole vampony thing... I wanted my suffering to end there and then. What if I couldn't stop myself next time? What if I hurt somepony? What if I killed somepony?

The questions kept coming... I was a nervous wreck by the bell for break. I sat there still questioning myself, and if I was safe to be around when suddenly...

"Hey~" Soaring Skies called.

"What's up?" Ruby added.

"Somepony nearly killed themselves in woodworking," I replied.

"Owch," Ruby replied, before attempting to change the subject. "So what's your cutie mark anyway? Can't tell under your jeans."

"Why?" I asked her suspiciously.

"Trying to change the subject," Ruby replied innocently. I didn't buy it. However she's a good actor.

"Why?" I repeated, getting slightly annoyed, and she could tell.

"I'm interested in you" she replied, trying to sound sincere.

"Liar" I hissed, before trotting inside, ignoring her plea for me to return.

It was quite inside, I trotted through the corridor, aiming to find a club of some sort. I found an gaming club and decided to see if I could join. Luckily I was accepted right away. I was surprised by that but grateful as I logged on and created my account.

We were playing a game called 'Colony', it was a strategy game, and one it took well to. After completing the six mission campaign I got to play against other club members. I was playing with somepony called 'Pwny88'. He sounded like some over confident swine. I was against two CPU's. It was kinda fun really, I built a Outpost and upgraded it to a Barracks, before deploying three Sniper units. My ally had created a bank and told me I was playing the game wrong and that we would lose.

Idiot.

The enemy responded with a large group of marines, destroying he air force, but my snipers defeated them with ease. I used my reward to create more snipers. After about five minutes I had a large force of snipers, with marines to help defeat air based foes. When I attacked my units annihilated my foe. and the word 'Victory' popped up on my screen.

Somepony yelled out "I can't believe this idiot's tactic won!"

"Wow, such a loser, learn to play," I replied to him walking out the door as the bell went. Leaving the group to fight itself.

Next was languages... Boring.

"Miss Delight?" somepony called out.

"Yes?" the teacher replied.

"I'm sorry about yesterday," the student stated, sounding truthful.

I looked over to Ruby, she was writing something on some paper, and tossed it at me. I read it and threw it in the bin. She frowned. I ignored her to the best of my ability, but she wouldn't give up. "What!" I snapped at her, causing her to flinch and back down. It also alerted the teacher... Oops.

"Starlight, what's going on?" the teacher asked.

"Ruby wont leave me alone," I replied, getting scowled at by Ruby for telling on her... I don't exactly like her though, so it didn't really phase me much...

"Ruby, detention!" the teacher barked, surprising me, although considering yesterday, it really shouldn't have.

I snickered as we got back on topic. We were doing writing, you can probably tell that that came in handy, otherwise you probably would not be reading this... Anyway, back on topic. Ruby was glaring at me for the majority of the lesson, but when I answered a question I saw her reaction to my mouth... I'm so busted...

"Vampony..." she whispered, the horror of my ears, my secret gone...

Now what?