• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 3,656 Views, 83 Comments

Twilight and Blue Sword - Rakoon1



What happen when a mare fall in love with her big brother's best friend? Does it brings problems for a fraternal relationship? That's what happens with Twilight. Will she be able to overcome all this problems and get the love?

  • ...
15
 83
 3,656

The Inevitable Happens

When it was night, Twilight was reading a book, making it levitate in front of her with her magic, when Spike came in the library.

"Wow, Spike, you were gone a while?" Twilight said. "You know when I said that it was still a long time for bedtime, I wasn’t saying for you to come back only then."

"Oh, I found Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo and I have been with them in their search for their Cutie Marks" Spike replied, as he walked over to a closet where he had stored some jewelry to eat.

"Well, what did they try to do this time?" Twilight asked.

"I think it's better you don’t know, but let's say that we need Cherry Blossom’s help to get out of a little squeeze" Spike said, taking the bowl with jewels and starting to eat them.

There was a pause and then Twilight said:

"Spike, by the way, about Blue’s subject. I appreciate you were discreet about what happened here last night."

"Twilight, who do you think I am?" He asked. "It's not like I walk around talking about the private lives of the other ponies."

"Yeah, and it was not by chance what you did when I got home and found you and my friends waiting for me, with all of them seeming to know what had happened... or what they thought happened."

That made Spike blush a bit, giving nervous giggles and then say:

"Yes, right, I was bad there. But now I'm serious. I'll never talk about the private life of nopony about another pony."

"Good" Twilight replied, returning then to his book.

It was then that, when Spike was about to eat a gem, he just burped, throwing his green fire that turned into a letter. He picked it up and said to Twilight:

"You got a letter."

Twilight landed her book, turning to Spike frowning.

"At these hours?"

Spike just shrugged and Twilight used her magic to pick up the letter and opened it. She saw that it was Princess Celestia.

My dear Twilight,

I fear I have not much good news for you. Some crystal ponies were attacked by Changelings at the exit of the Empire Crystal. Although the situation is under control, the Crystal Empire Royal Guard should be alert and patrol the entire surrounding area. For that reason, the Canterlot Royal Guard will help, including Blue.

I know it's asking a lot, but could you go there to help? Your skills can be very useful.

Princess Celestia

"Whoa!" Said Spike. "Changelings in the Crystal Empire? That is really serious."

"It looks like they gave up to watch the Empire Crystal and decided to attack it" Twilight said. "I have to go, now."

"Wait, Twilight" Spike asked, seeing Twilight rising up. "It's evening here and the road to the Crystal Empire is still long. Don’t you think it’s better wait until tomorrow morning?"

Although Twilight wanted to leave right away to help her brother, her sister and her coltfriend with the Changelings problem, she knew that Spike was right.

"Yes, you're right" Twilight said, starting to head into her room. "I'd better go to sleep to wake up early tomorrow."

She started up the stairs and then asked Spike:

"Could you give a way to the library?"

"Of course, yeah" Spike said. "That's why I'm your number one assistant."

"Thank you" Twilight thanked with a smile, continuing to climb the stair.

When it was early morning, Twilight got up from the bed and prepared her saddlebags, leaving a note to Spike. After she came out, she opened her wings and took off, heading north as fast as she could.

When the afternoon was already half, Twilight saw the Crystal Empire appearing in front of her. Already feeling too tired for flying during straight hours, Twilight landed on the ground. When she arrived at the entrance, the guards approached her.

"Sorry, Princess, but we must ensure you are not a Changeling" said one of the guards, who was from the Crystal Empire Royal Guard.

"Don’t get us wrong, but it is only safety measures," said the other, who was a unicorn from the Canterlot Royal Guard.

"Sure" Twilight replied. "Go ahead.”

The unicorn guard began to perform a revealing spell that could expose the true form of a Changeling, a spell that Twilight had used when Changelings and their queen invaded Canterlot. When the spell showed that Twilight was really her, they let her come in, making her a bow and apologizing again.

As she walked through the halls of the castle, heading to the throne room, a familiar voice called her:

"Twilight!"

She turned and saw Cadance heading to her.

"Cadance!" Twilight exclaimed with a smile.

The two were to meet one another and began their song-and-dance:

"Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake, clap you're hooves and do a little shake!"

"I’m glad you came" Cadance said, as she gave a hug to her sister-in-law.

"How could I not come?" Twilight asked, after they have finished the hug. "When I received the letter from Celestia saying that the Changelings were attacking the empire, I had to come as soon as I could."

"So come with me" Cadance said. "Shining and Blue are discussing the matter."

After using a teleportation spell to send Twilight’s saddlebags to her room, Cadance took Twilight to Shining’s office. When they entered, they found him and Blue, both dressed in their armor but without their helmets, talking.

"Twily!" Exclaimed Shining, overjoyed for seeing his sister and going to her for a hug. "It's so good to see you."

"I also like to see you, Shining" Twilight replied, responding to Shining’s hug, after looking to Blue and exchanging a smile with him.

The two separated themselves and Twilight said to Blue, in a completely natural way:

"Hello, Blue."

"Hello, Twilight."

Twilight then asked seriously, either to Blue as to Shining:

"How are things with the Changelings?"

"Fortunately it seems that they withdrew" Shining replied. "It was until they see me and my guards to escape. When Blue and his guards arrived, we started patrolling the area, but we did not find any of them."

"We found some tracks, but everything indicates that they have returned to the Desolate Zone" Blue said.

"So just like that?" Twilight asked. "It isn’t seems like them."

"We believe that they just wanted food" Shining said. "But it's strange they give attentions to do that."

"Which can only mean two things" Blue said. "Either they became completely stupid or..."

"Or they are plotting something" Twilight concluded.

"That's what we thought" Cadance said. "Fortunately, we have great news."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yes, we caught a Changeling" Blue said.

"We have him in the dungeon of the castle" Shining said. "Me and Blue are on our way to interrogate him now."

"I'm coming with you" Twilight said. "I want to help any way I can."

"Wait, are you sure?" Shining asked. "I mean, if you want, you can go help Cadance trying to calm down the crystal ponies."

Twilight soon realized what his brother was trying to do. He was being the overprotective brother who used to not let his precious sister approached a nefarious creature as a Changeling.

Cadance also noticed that and said:

"Shining, I think I can do it by myself."

"Yes, and I'm grown up enough to help you in an interrogatory" Twilight said.

"But..." Shining said.

But he saw the two mares looking sharply at him. Shining turned to Blue, for support, but he simply shrugged as saying that it was better to give her a chance. Shining then sighed and said to his sister:

"Okay, you can come, but let the questions to me and Blue."

"It works to me" she replied.

So when they left the office, Cadance went to try to calm down the crystal ponies, because they needed their love to recharge the crystal heart to lift up the Crystal Empire protection while Shining, Twilight and Blue headed into the dungeon of the castle. They descended the stairs to the dungeon, where there was a long corridor with several cells with wooden doors with bars on the windows. There was one that was guarded by two guards, one being a crystal pony. As they approached, the guards made a salute to the three and then Shining, Blue and Twilight entered.

The cell was small and made of regular stone. A Changeling was sat, leaning against the back wall of the cell, with the forelegs cuffs to the wall, an iron chain holding his insect wings, one gag holding his muzzle and with the magic of his horn locked so that he could not attack any pony. When he saw Shining, Blue and Twilight, he looked at them in a fierce way.

"So hi" Shining greeted cynically, using his magic to remove the Changeling’s gag. " Are you willing to talk with us?"

"I have nothing to talk to you about anything" he hissed. "Do you really think I'm gonna tell you zzomething?"

"I think you will" Blue said. "Doesn’t matter if you are a Changeling. We can boot you the truth."

"And tarnish your zzo adored honor to make your enemy zzuffer, being him helplezzzz?" Changeling asked. "Pleazze."

"If you don’t talk, I can tear all the information we want from you with a mind reading spell" Twilight said. “You choose: the easy way or the hard way.”

"Wow, the little princess playing brave" the Changeling said. "But what delicious. Come on, do it, I wanna see if you can find anything in this hazy and distorted mind of mine."

"He's right, Twilight" Blue said. "The Changelings’ mind is too confusing, not only due to their cruel nature, but also because of the emotions that they devour.

"Yes, if you do it, your mind cannot recover" Shining said to his sister. "I cannot allow you to."

Then he turned to the Changeling and said:

"It's good you tell me what your queen is planning, or..."

So the Changeling began to laugh and then said:

"The Queen Chrisalizz hazz nothing to do with thizz. This izz all a matter of zzurvival. After all, here'zz so much love to devour. Much more than in any city in Equestria."

"Don’t hold your breath" Shining replied. "You don’t take nothing from here."

"Yezz, you're right," said the Changeling. "Thezze crystal poniezz don’t have half of the love that I’m zzeeing right now."

"I'm flattered, but I think my love for Cadance is not so big that make the love of all crystal ponies seems a pittance" Shining said.

"Who zzaid I wazz talking about you?" the Changeling asked. "Pleazze, I'm not talking about that feeling from lastzz time. No, I'm talking about pure passion. That izz a meal worthy of a king. Izz the fire that burnzz at the beginning of every relationship."

Hearing the Changeling saying that, Twilight shook up. He should be referring to her and Blue. She had already forgotten that the Changelings could detect any kind of feelings and emotions, something that was innate in them and that wasn’t connected to the magic of their horns.

"Sorry, but I think we have not it on the menu" Shining said.

"You must be kidding me" Changeling said. "I'm talking about..."

But before he could say anything else, the gag was again put on his muzzle, preventing him from finishing the sentence.

"Blue, what was that?" Shining asked.

"Please Shining, it’s obvious this Changeling will not tell anything" Blue said. "The best thing we can do is send him to Tartarus where we have the others captured leeches of emotions."

Twilight was in suspense. Blue had been quick to stop the Changeling, but if Shining wanted to continue to interrogate the Changeling, he would end up knowing about her and her best friend.

"Yes, you may be right" Shining agreed. "Maybe it's better."

Twilight gave a sigh of relief. That had been close.

They left the Changeling’s cell and then they came back up. When they were already in the corridors of the castle, Shining said:

"Well, I'll see how Cadance is."

And having said this, he walked away. When he was no longer around, Twilight said shortly:

"Phew, I was seeing that he would discover everything about us."

"Twilight, calm down" Blue said, putting a hoof on her shoulder. "What matters is that the situation is resolved."

"Yes, and thank you" Twilight said. "If you had not shut that Changeling, he would have told everything about what we feel about each other to Shining."

There was a pause, and then Blue asked, withdrawing his hoof from Twilight’s shoulder:

"Twilight, don’t you think we should tell to your brother about us?"

Twilight sighed before answering:

"I've been thinking about it, really, but the truth is I don’t know. You know how Shining is. For him, I'm his little sister who cannot be courted by any stallion that has not been previously approved by him."

That made Blue laugh a little and then say:

"Yes, Shining conveys that message. But that's because he loves you. You should had seen when you were born. To him, you were his greatest treasure. For that reason, I think you should tell him before he learns in the hard way. Besides, I'm sick being dating you always secretly. Despite being my style, I am beginning to get tired."

"Yeah, I guess you're right" Twilight said as Blue passed his hoof through her mane. "But in the meantime, it’s nice to be like this with you."

Then the two began exchanging kisses.

What they did not know was that, in the distance, peeking around a corner, was Shining. His face writhed at growing fury, seeing his best friend kissing his sister. Unable to restrain himself longer, he began to approach them, and then said:

"I knew it."

That made Twilight and Blue parted their lips and turning to Shining, getting atonic with his appearance.

"Shining..." Twilight said.

"When I heard that Changeling talking about feeling passion ahead of him and with, Blue, shutting him up before he finished, I realized that something was happening. Now I can confirm my suspicions."

"Shining, I..." began Blue, advancing to Shining.

But then Shining punched Blue which launched him into the ground.

"Blue!" Twilight called, going to him.

Blue rose up. A trickle of blood was coming out from his left nostril.

"Blue, are you okay?" Twilight asked, worried.

"Yes, I am" he replied. "Don’t worry."

"There are three golden rules in a friendship between stallions: being loyal, never dating an ex-girlfriend and never, NEVER, flirting with your friend’s little sister!" Shining exclaimed to Blue.

"Shining, how dare you to say that things to Blue?" Twilight asked, standing up and facing his older brother.

"Stay out of this, Twilight" Shining ordered. "We talk later."

"No, we talk now" Twilight decided. "I cannot allow you do this to Blue. He is your friend!"

"A friend does not hide from the other a think like these!"

"Shining!"

"Never mind, Twilight" Blue said, standing up and putting a hoof on Twilight's shoulder. "I understand what Shining is feeling."

"I honestly doubt about it" he replied. "If you knew that, you would have never done it."

"Shining, I know that Twilight is important to you" Blue said. "But I want you to know is she is also important to me. I love her."

"Blue, I know you perfectly" Shining said. "I know perfectly well that you only have adventures, not courtships. I don’t want my sister to be hurt by you. I won’t let that happen."

"I know that my reputation, when it comes to love, is not the best" Blue admitted. "But you have to believe me when I tell you that I love Twilight. She is... the mare of my dreams. I just want her to be happy. Shining, you're my friend and you know that I..."

"Correction" Shining interrupted coldly. " You were my friend. A friends don’t do what you did. You betrayed me and that's something I cannot forgive easily."

He approached Blue, that was not intimidated by him, and said:

"It's good that you disappear of my sight or I will not be able to control myself."

They stood looking at each other's eyes and then Blue said:

"As you wish."

He began to move away. Twilight wanted to say something but she could not find words to say. Then she turned to her brother and told him angrily:

"You should not have told him that, Shining Armor. You had no right!"

"Of course I had the right" he replied. "You are my little sister and that gives me every right. To start, you'll never go near him again."

"You may be my older brother, but it doesn’t mean you can decide my life."

"You don’t understand. You don’t know Blue. How many serious relationships do you think he had? No one!"

"That's where you're wrong, Shining" Twilight said. "Our relationship is serious. He loves me and I love him!"

"No, you don’t love him" Shining replied. "You were just seduced by him.”

"I was not seduced, Shining!" Twilight said. "I've been in love with him since my foalhood!"

That statement made Shining have no reaction.

"What did you say?" He asked.

"You heard me" Twilight replied. "I’ve been in love with Blue Sword for years. In fact, since that day he came to our house to study with you, when you introduced him to me."

"But you were six."

"That's the reason why I tried to the most to ignore what I felt for him, even when we met again more than a month ago. I thought that had been a foal crush. Something you feel when you know a colt beyond your older brother. But when we get close to each other, when we let things occur naturally between us, we realize the love we felt for each other was true. And I feel sorry that you cannot see beyond your older brother pride."

Those words had affected Shining. He didn’t expect that. Her sister was already in love with Blue when she was a filly. That was the last thing he expected... and also something that made him even more frustrated.

Then, Twilight began moving away.

"Where are you going?" Shining asked.

Twilight paused and replied, looking at him:

"I'm going to meet my coltfriend. Unless you have something to say about it."

It was obvious that Shining had something to say, but he couldn’t say anything, after hearing a sermon like the one his sister had told him.

Twilight then turned away, speeding, leaving Shining Armor alone. She then managed to reach Blue.

"Blue, wait!" She called.

That made Blue turn around, as he wiped the blood that he had on the nostril.

"Twilight, did you come after me?" He asked, while Twilight came and gave him a hug.

"Of course, silly" she replied, as she rubbed her face against his neck.

"But what about your brother?" Blue asked, as they ended the hug.

"Forget Shining. I don’t care if he approves of our courtship or not. I love you and that's all I care about."

"Twilight, though I love you, I don’t want you turn your back to you brother and..."

Twilight put her hoof over his lips to shush him and then said:

"Right now, I'm not worried about Shininh. I’m worried about you. That punch he gave you hurt you well."

"Oh, I already took worst" Blue replied, leading the hoof to the place where Shining had hit him. "I’ll survive."

But Twilight didn’t hear him, charging her horn with magic and healing and cleaning Blue’s muzzle.

"You didn’t have to do it" he said.

"But I wanted to do it" Twilight said. "You didn’t deserve that."

"Your brother has some reason" Blue admitted. "I betrayed his trust by not telling him about us."

"Don’t say that, Blue. You were always a great friend to my brother. He is being a big jerk."

"Even so, I don’t think we will go back to being the friends we were. I think it is best to take my guards and return to Canterlot. Now there is not much we can do here. Everything indicates that the Changelings, except the one we have captive, returned to the Desolate Zone. I am no longer necessary here."

He began to move away, but Twilight grabbed one of his hooves to turn him to her and told him:

"So I'll go with you."

Blue smiled and said:

"I appreciate your gesture, Twily, but... I think it’s better you don’t do it. You can worsen things further with Shining."

"I think you're right" Twilight said, lowering her head sadly.

But then Blue lifted her chin, saying:

"But you know what? Once I get to Canterlot and finish what I have to deal with, I will go to Ponyville and we can spend time together."

"Do you promise?" Twilight asked, more lively.

Blue nodded, which made a smile appear on Twilight’s face. They gave a hug to each other and Twilight told him:

"I'll wait for you."

"And I'm already excited about our meeting" Blue replied.

They ended the hug, exchanging a kiss, and then Blue began to move away.

Author's Note:

I hope you have enjoyed this special chapter.