• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 3,656 Views, 83 Comments

Twilight and Blue Sword - Rakoon1



What happen when a mare fall in love with her big brother's best friend? Does it brings problems for a fraternal relationship? That's what happens with Twilight. Will she be able to overcome all this problems and get the love?

  • ...
15
 83
 3,656

Blue Sword's Arrival

The morning had come to the Crystal Empire. The sun appeared and its rays focussed on the empire, making it shine even more than it ever shone.

At the train station near the entrance of the empire, a train had just arrived. It stopped, making smoke fill the platform. The doors of the passenger carriages opened and ponies started coming out, while others started entering in them.

However, our attentions are focused on a particular stallion who came out of the train, landing his coatless violet-blue hooves on the platform, carrying a bag in the air with a cobalt blue aura surrounding it. A fedora was placed on his electric ultramarine mane with midnight blue streaks, hiding his horn. The sunbeams were focused on his imperial blue coat, making note of his Cutie Mark: two crossed swords over a shield with two shades of purple. He then observed the Crystal Empire with his glaucous eyes. A smile appeared on his lips and then he started moving, making his bag follow him on his side.

In the throne room of the castle, Cadance was sitting on her throne, levitating in front of her a long parchment and scribbling on it with a quill. She was dealing with affairs of the empire, something she became accustomed to do when she took its leadership along with Shining Armor. Beside her was one of her secretaries. After finishing what she had to do, she rolled up the parchment and asked to the secretary, handing her the parchment and she kept it in a bag:

"Is that all?"

"Yes, Princess" she replied. "This is all for now."

"Very well" Cadance said. "You may go."

The secretary bowed and then walked to the door of the throne room. Once there, it opened, revealing Shining Armor, who was wearing his armor.

"Good morning, Prince Shining Armor."

"Good morning" he replied as the secretary walked past by him and exited.

He then started moving towards Cadance. She noted that he was completely exhausted. He had dark circles under his eyes and his coat was scruffy and when he took off his helmet, she saw that his mane was scruffy as well. It also seemed that he could barely stand upright.

"Wow, honey, you look exhausted" Cadance commented, leaving the throne and going to her husband.

"It's because I am" he replied, as he changed a hug with Cadance. "I've had so much work to do, conciliating the Crystal Empire Royal Guard with the Canterlot Royal Guard, and I've been quite busy to conduct searches for Changelings who were seen nearby. I have not slept for three days."

"Well, I think if you dismissed yourself from your post as Captain of the Canterlot Royal Guard, you'd have more time for you" Cadance suggested.

"Even if I abdicated the position and Princess Celestia appointed a temporary captain to replace me until Blue Sword’s return, I would only get a few hours to rest" Shining replied.

"Well, so the only solution I see is you find a pony to help you with your tasks. A right hoof."

"Yes, but who could I trust to be my right hoof? It cannot be anypony."

Then they heard the door of the throne room opening again and one of the guards came in and said:

"I'm terribly sorry to interrupt, but there's someone here to see you, Captain Shining Armor, sir."

"Please, say I don’t want to see anyone" he said. "I'm too tired for visitors."

But the same pony of the train station entered and asked:

"Not even for an old friend."

Shining, hearing that voice, turned to the newcomer pony and said:

"It cannot be. Blue Sword, is it you?"

The pony landed his bag and used his magic to take out the fedora hat, revealing completely Blue Sword’s face, Shining’s old best friend and who was his colleague at the Academy of the Royal Guard, as well his greatest confidant.

"You bet it's me" he replied, as the guard left.

Shining ran up to his old friend and gave him a big hug.

"Man, it’s been so long!" Shining exclaimed.

"You bet" Blue said, as they separated and bumped their hooves. "The last time I saw you, you were a single Captain of the Canterlot Royal Guard, but now look at you. You're married and you’re a prince! You have also your own kingdom."

"Yes, and a lot of work that I cannot handle" Shining added.

"Well, everything has a price, after all" Blue said.

That made Shining gave a laugh and answered:

"Yes, you are right."

"Blue!" Cadance exclaimed, approaching.

"Cadance, it's so good to see you" Blue said, exchanging a hug with Cadance. "Tell me, how has my friend’s behavior been? Does he still remain a gallant?"

"I’m sorry?" Shining replied with a faint smile. "For what I know, the gallant here is you."

"As if I were the only one" Blue said.

Cadance laughed. She felt quite miss from those friendly discussions between those two inseparable friends.

"Don’t worry, Blue" Cadance replied. "Shining has been a great husband. I was lucky to have been the one that married him."

"We have so much to talk about" Shining said, putting a hoof around his friend’s shoulders. "I want to know all about your travels."

"And I also want to know what I missed while I was gone" Blue said. "I know a lot of things that happened, like the reappearance of the Crystal Empire. Hey, by the way, how's your sister? I heard she became a princess."

"You bet" Shining replied. "She made me the proudest brother of all Equestria."

"This is not new" Blue replied. "You always were a drooling older brother."

"Yeah, you're right."

The two laughed, but then Shining suddenly let out a yawn.

"You don’t look so well" Blue noted, a little worried. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am..." Shining replied, yawning. "I am fine."

"No, you're not" Cadance corrected. "Sorry, Shining Armor, but you cannot hide the fact you’re exhausted."

"Cadance, I'm fine" Shining said. "I'm just a little tired, but I can handle it."

"I don’t know, my friend" Blue said. "It seems you gonna sleep standing up."

"Shining is quite busy with all the work he has" Cadance answered. "Hey, since you returned, it means you will replace Shining as Captain of Canterlot Royal Guard, right?"

"Well, my plan was to come here for a visit and then return to Canterlot to lead the Royal Guard, yes" Blue replied.

"You see, Shining?" Cadance asked. "You'll finally have a few hours of rest."

"Cadance, I told you before that won’t help me much" Shining replied. "There's too much work to do now and I will have even more in a few days."

Blue thought for a while and then said:

"Hey, I know. What if I gave you a hoof?"

"Really?" Shining asked.

"Hey, we're friends" Blue said. "Friends are for this very reason. Incidentally, I still have some time before having to return to Canterlot."

"Are you sure?" Shining asked. "You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to."

"But of course I want" Blue replied. "Don’t you dare say otherwise."

"But..."

"Shining, you just told me that there was nopony you could trust enough to be your right hoof, but Blue is already your right hoof" Cadance said. "He was it in Canterlot. If he is willing to help you, you should accept it."

Shining mused on that and then said:

"Yeah, you are right, my love."

He turned to Blue Sword and asked:

"When do you want to start?"

"Do you really have to ask?" Blue asked back. "Don’t you know me well enough to know the answer?"

"So, let me guess: now?"

"You bet. I must send a letter to my mother to ask if she can send me magically my armor for start to work soon."

"Great" Shining said. "So we'd better go. You must know the castle, first of all."

He and Blue prepared to leave when the first turned to Cadance and asked:

"Cadance, will you come with us?"

"No, no, you two may go" she replied. "So, you can do some catching up."

"As you wish" Shining said, exiting with Blue.

Now she was alone, Cadance returned to her throne and, using her magic, she took a parchment that was there, a quill and ink and began to write something.

When she saw Blue Sword, Cadance realized she had to do it when she had a chance. Of course she had to do it without Shining or Blue knowing or suspecting. It was her duty as princess of love.

She finished the letter she was writing, rolled it up and sent it magically for its addressee.

"I just hope she accepts it" Cadance said for herself. "I'm sure, if she does, her life will take a new direction, a direction that I already took and that made me immensely happy."