• Published 9th May 2014
  • 3,400 Views, 173 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! P†H - moviemaster8510



In an alternate reality in which dueling is Earth's greatest pastime, one duelist receives a mysterious card that unlocks his destiny that will lead him to becoming the savior of two worlds...

  • ...
29
 173
 3,400

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 2: When Worlds Collide, Part 2

After a tiring, but determined run, Walt had finally reached the gate to the Guardiaboliques’ factory hideout. The gate itself was closed, blocking Walt’s entrance. Undeterred, Walt shed his vest off and wrapped it around two bars, grabbing both ends. Putting his feet onto the bars, he pulled on his vest while pushing down on his feet. Sliding the vest up little by little, Walt took another step up the bars, effectively climbing up the gate seemingly without issue.

Making it up to the top, Walt sat carefully along the thin bar as he threaded his vest through the bars so he could apply a similar maneuver on the way down. Grabbing hold of it, Walt hopped off, sliding down the bars and keeping control by bouncing into the bars. Getting close enough to the bottom, he let his vest go, landed on the ground with a crouch to cushion the fall, and ran ahead to the factory, almost nothing in his way.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

================
Yurik:
LP: 3000

Kieran:
LP: 4000
================

Kieran looked up at Yurik’s Twilight Alicorn, and the monster in return gave Kieran a defiant huff. Alice and Twilight both stared in amazement at it as well. Yurik, his monster finally out to protect him from Kieran's monsters, worked his frown into a cocky smirk.

Twilight Alicorn
ATK: 2500
Lvl.: 7

Unioncorn of Fire
Pendulum Scale: 3

Unioncorn of Night
Pendulum Scale: 9

Both of Kieran's monsters, even the pendulums, looked upon Yurik's brand new monster with extreme caution.

Guardia Sniper
DEF: 2000
Lvl.: 5

Guardia Sentry
ATK: 1500
Lvl.: 4

Guardia Gatler
Pendulum Scale: 3

Guardia Tank
Pendulum Scale: 6

A beeping sound came from a skull-shaped pin on Kieran’s shirt, breaking his concentration. Holding it down, he looked up, almost as if to give his attention to something else than what he was doing.

“Yes?” he replied.

“Someone broke in,” called a man’s voice, whose voice could be heard faintly by Alice. “It must be one of those friends of that kid in there with you who followed us.”

Alice couldn’t withhold a nervous gasp, leading Yurik to pay close attention to the conversation.

“What of the other one? The girl driver?” asked Kieran.

“She dropped the boy off and drove away. He looks like he’s on his own.”

“That’s fine. Subdue him and bring him to me upon my orders.”

“Oh no, Walt,” whispered Alice, covering her hand over her mouth.

“Walt?” shouted Yurik, staring at Kieran. “Is that Walt?”

“I don’t know,” Kieran said simply. “But you needn’t worry. He can’t help you now.”

Yurik, feeling blame for Walt’s imminent danger, returned his face to a scowl. Twilight could see the passion that was blazing inside of him upon knowing what would be happening to his friend, and she was both intimidated and impressed by it.

“And now,” shouted Yurik, “the effect of my Unioncorn of Fire in my pendulum zone activates! Whenever I pendulum summon monsters, this card inflicts a hundred points of damage to you times the total levels of pendulum monsters pendulum summoned to my side of the field.”

Already, a swirling flame began to spiral around the monster’s horn.

“Twilight Alicorn is a pendulum monster,” continued Yurik, “and its level is seven, so that’s means 700 damage will be inflicted to you!”

“Hmm,” grumbled Kieran.

“Singe Spell!” Yurik yelled.

The flame from the monster’s horn shot out at Kieran’s chest, the shot engulfing his torso and knocking him to the ground with a grunt from Kieran.

Kieran’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3300

“Also,” Yurik added, “the effect of my Unioncorn of Night activates in my pendulum zone! For every pendulum monster that’s pendulum summoned to my side of the field on my turn, I can draw one card.”

Without the need for an explanation, Yurik drew one card from his deck and added it to his hand triumphantly. Kieran flipped himself to his feet, standing before Yurik once more. At that moment as well, Kieran’s Guardia Sentry, looking frightened at Yurik’s monster, ran over to Guardia Sniper, standing in front of it defensively.

“Not a bad play,” Kieran complimented, motioning to his monsters, “but it won’t do you that much good. My Guardia Sentry’s effect makes it so that you cannot target other Guardia monsters I control except for this one. So even if you take it out, I’ll still have my Guardia Sniper the next turn.”

“Not once I’m through with it,” Yurik responded.

“What?”

“I activate the effect of Twilight Alicorn!” declared Yurik.

The horn on Twilight Alicorn’s head began to glow bright like a beacon, a whinny booming from its mouth.

“Once per turn,” Yurik explained, “I can target two monsters in my pendulum zones and special summon them to my field.”

Kieran gasped, truly amazed by the monster’s effect.

“Outstanding…” he muttered.

“Come on!” beckoned Yurik. “Summon Shine!”

Both Unioncorn of Fire and Night were encased in a magenta aura before they both vanished with a sparkling burst, all before reappearing right beside Twilight Alicorn on the monster zones.

“Let’s go!” shouted Yurik. “My Unioncorn of Fire and Unioncorn of Night!”

Unioncorn of Fire
ATK: 1600
Lvl.: 4

Unioncorn of Night
ATK: 2000
Lvl.: 4

“He now has two level four monsters,” commented Kieran to himself. “Does he plan to xyz summon?”

“Now’s our chance!” shouted Yurik. “Unioncorn of Night, attack Kieran’s Guardia Sentry!”

No! Kieran thought, his eyes widening at the outlandish strategy. He plans to wipe my entire field!

A smoky black aura formed around the unicorn’s horn, shooting out in a spiraling beam of purple light, heading right towards the terrified demon.

“I activate my trap! Guardia Scrapshield!” shouted Kieran, motioning his hand at his face down card, which flipped face up to reveal art of a wall constructed from firearms and war machinery. “During the turn I activate this card, when an attack position Guardia monster I control would be destroyed by battle, I can destroy one Guardia card in my pendulum zone instead! I destroy my Guardia Gatler!”

Upon the declaration, the Gatling gun hopped in front of the plump demon and intercepted the unicorn’s spell, where it exploded into a burst of sparks, fire, and bits of metal. Kieran placed the Guardia Gatler card inside a slot on a frontal slot on his blade disk, now done with it.

“However,” reminded Yurik with a smile, “you still take the battle damage.”

The debris cloud from the explosion wrapped around both of Kieran’s monsters and struck him, sending him sliding back on his feet with a grimace on his face

Kieran’s Life Points: 3300 -> 2800

“You’re up, Unioncorn of Fire!” called Yurik, pointing at his opponent’s monster. “Attack Guardia Sentry!”

Much like its effect, fire swirled around the unicorn’s horn and shot at Guardia Sentry, frightening it once again.

“I destroy Guardia Tank to prevent my Guardia Sentry’s destruction!” declared Kieran, slipping his last pendulum monster from his zone and into the slot on his blade disk.

Guardia Tank rolled in front of Guardia Sentry and Guardia Sniper, the unicorn’s attack striking the tank and destroying it in a similar fashion. The flames and debris from the attack washed onto Kieran, who shielded his face and groaned as he felt the heat all over his body.

Kieran’s Life Points: 2800 -> 2700

“Now, for real this time,” ordered Yurik. “Twilight Alicorn. Destroy his Guardia Sentry once and for all! Bright Burst Magic!”

A ball of magenta light shone on the end of Twilight Unicorn’s horn, sparks of similarly colored light forming around it and melding into the light. Rearing its head back, Twilight Alicorn threw its head forwards and launched a lightning-laced beam at Guardia Sentry.

With nothing to protect it, the monster curled itself up for protection, but the beam blasted into the monster, sending it flying and yelling out where it burst into yellow sparks. The beam continued its path towards Kieran, where the beam completely passed through his entire body, the strength of the attack blowing him away and grunting loudly.

Kieran’s Life Points: 2700 -> 1700

“Wow,” Alice spoke, “what a play!”

Twilight was too stunned to speak. She didn’t know exactly what Yurik did, but it seemed like he finally had some control over the situation.

“I’m not quite done yet,” Yurik spoke. “Now, I will overlay my level four Unioncorn of Fire and Unioncorn of Night!”

Yurik’s monsters, respectively, transformed into red and purple auras that flew up and spiraled into the air. As they flew back down, a red portal opened up at the ground before Yurik.

“With these two monsters,” continued Yurik, “I construct the overlay network! Xyz summon!”

Both monsters flew inside, only for a slew of flames to erupt out shortly after. Appearing from the fire was an alicorn, similar in appearance to Unioncorn of Fire, but it appeared much more masculine and muscular, and its wings were doused in flames, and two light orbs flew around it slowly. It also was adorned with a crown atop its head and a bright-red cape that looked unaffected by the fires.

“Light it up, Allicorn King of Fire!” exclaimed Yurik.

A booming whinny from the new monster completed its grand entrance.

Allicorn King of Fire
ATK: 2200
Rnk.: 4

“Wow,” Twilight whispered to herself. “This is incredible.”

“So you attack with your monsters first and then you xyz summon?” clarified Kieran. “That’s quite the strategy on you, Yurik.”

“But it’s not over yet,” spoke Yurik. “I will activate the effect of Allicorn King of Fire. Once per turn, when my opponent has taken battle damage this turn that does not exceed 2000, I can detach one xyz material from this card.”

Yurik did so, sliding his Unioncorn of Night from underneath his monster and slipped it into the graveyard, causing one of the orbs circling the monster to meld into the creatures horn with a bright light.

“Then,” he went on, “I can inflict damage equal to the battle damage you took this turn.”

Kieran’s eyes shot open, as did Alice’s, both knowing exactly what that meant.

“That’s another 1600 damage,” she answered.

“And it’s coming right at you!” responded Yurik to Kieran. “Battle Backdraft!”

The fiery alicorn’s horn glowed bright, and from it, a wave of fire swept throughout the hall and into Kieran knocking him off his feet once again, the blistering temperature making Kieran shout out as his body hit the floor and slid to a stop.

Kieran’s Life Points: 1700 -> 100

Alice and Twilight stood dumbfounded, highly impressed with Yurik’s ability to reduce Kieran’s life points from a full count to merely 100. Yurik, feeling victory in his grasp, panted excitedly with a smile on his face.

“I end my turn,” Yurik finally declared.

Status: Hand: 2 Life: 3000 Monsters: 2 Pendulum Zones: 0 Pendulum Scale: - Spell/Traps: 1

Kieran struggled to get up, feeling sore from the barrage of attacks that he had endured. Alice was just amazed that Kieran of all people would be reduced to such a state by one of her school friends, all because of the assistance of one card.

“Is that strong enough for you?” Yurik questioned.

“As a matter of fact,” spoke Kieran, “it isn’t. My life may be at 100, but my life is still at 100. I can, and will still fight.”

“Please!” Twilight shouted. “Just let him go! He’s fully capable of protecting ourselves! Can’t you see that?”

“Yurik is a strong opponent, I will wholeheartedly give him that. However, if he wants to prove his strength to me, he must reduce my life to zero and leave nothing more. That is the agreement.”

“Twilight,” Yurik assured her, “just leave him be. I’ll be sure to get him next turn.”

“Cocky fellow, aren’t you? Greater men have fallen to such vices, young Yurik, and if you continue that attitude, you will not be an exception. But perhaps I should make an example of you. My turn! Draw!”

Kieran drew a card from his deck, looking up at it. Without adding it to his hand, he threw the card into the front slot of his duel disk body.

“I activate Guardia Recycle!” he shouted.

A card phased onto the floor face up, depicting a magnet crane picking up pieces of what looked like a destroyed Guardia Gatler.

“With this card, I can target up to two Guardia face-up pendulum monsters in my extra deck and shuffle them into my main deck.”

Two cards ejected from the slot on the front of Kieran’s blade disk, which Kieran grabbed and placed onto the top of his deck, which began to shuffle itself immediately.

“Then,” Kieran continued, placing his fingers on his deck, “I can draw that many cards from my deck!”

Kieran drew two cards in one swipe, adding them to his hand. Browsing through his new selection, he picked out another pendulum monster from the lot, but the card’s orange top half was now colored yellow.

“I place the scale 6 Guardia Tower in my pendulum zone,” he spoke, placing it on the left most zone of his left blade.

Rising from the ground, but without a blue pillar surrounding it, was a tall, slender bell tower with white bricks and gargoyle rungs along the corners, reaching almost as high as the ceiling.

Guardia Tower
Pendulum Scale: 6

Guardia Sniper strapped its rifle over its shoulder and began to climb the rungs of the tower, both confusing and shocking Yurik and Twilight.

“What is it doing?” wondered Twilight.

“As long as I control Guardia Tower, due to its effect,” Kieran clarified, “my Guardia Sniper cannot be targeted by battle or card effects, and it also gains 400 ATK.”

“What was that?” shouted Yurik.

Guardia Sniper made it to the top of the tower, hiding behind the brick ramparts of the tower and aiming his gun down on Yurik’s field.

ATK: 1000 -> 1400

“Now, Guardia Sniper,” commanded Kieran, “target his Twilight Alicorn. Fire upon my mark!”

Through the crosshairs of Guardia Sniper’s rifle, the points were set at the monster’s chest.

“What are you doing?” Yurik asked incredulously. “My monster still has higher ATK.”

“Whoever said I was attacking your monster this time?” asked Kieran.

“What was that?”

“With Guardia Tower’s other pendulum effect, I can destroy one monster my opponent controls up to twice per turn, and then inflict damage equal to my monster’s current attack each time when I do.”

“No way!”

“That’s not good!” Twilight cried out.

“You’re not the only person with tricks up their sleeve, Yurik,” admonished Kieran. “So now, you will face defeat from above. Now, go!” he shouted, pointing at his monster’s target. “Destroy Twilight Alicorn! Mach Mark!”

Guardia Sniper pulled the trigger, a tail of yellow light following the bullet headed for Twilight Unicorn.

“Watch out!” shouted Twilight.

“I activate the effect of Twilight Alicorn!” declared Yurik. “Once, during either player’s turn, I can target one unused pendulum zone on my side of the field and place Twilight Alicorn on that pendulum zone. Now your effect is wasted!”

Kieran gasped, surprised at yet another ability that Yurilk’s monster possessed. Twilight Alicorn’s horn charged up with light before it quickly disappeared in a bursting lavender bubble, suddenly appearing on the very left of Yurik’s field.

Twilight Alicorn
Pendulum Scale: 6

Guardia Sniper’s bullet pierced through the ground where Twilight Alicorn stood, nothing else seeming to happen.

“And now that my monster’s in the pendulum zone,” explained Yurik, “your monster’s effect can no longer target my Twilight Alicorn, since it’s now treated as a spell card.”

Twilight breathed a sigh of relief, happy for Yurik’s monster’s protection.

“Hmph,” Kieran chuckled. “How perceptive of you. However, I still have one more shot with my Guardia Sniper, and your Allicorn King will not be so lucky.”

Yurik hissed, knowing that to be fact.

“Take aim!” shouted Kieran, his monster pulling the bolt back and loading another round. “Target Allicorn King of Fire!”

The crosshairs were set at the monster’s chest just like before.

“Mach Mark!”

With a pull of the trigger, the bullet sped down and arced up towards the monster’s chest. Piercing through its body, the alicorn made a desperate whinny as it burst into sparks.

“No,” groaned Yurik.

“And don’t forget the damage,” Kieran reminded.

Twilight seized up with a shocked expression. Yurik awaited for the bullet as it came towards him, only for it to bounce off a translucent magenta shield that appeared in a pulse upon the bullet’s impact before disappearing.

“What?” Kieran exclaimed.

Yurik was just as surprised as Kieran was, as were Alice and Twilight. A huff to Yurik’s left brought his attention to Twilight Alicorn, which bobbed its head several times, pointing its muzzle at Yurik’s card. Yurik looked at his card, and once he understood, he smiled, looking up at Kieran.

“Twilight Alicorn’s pendulum effect,” explained Yurik. “Any effect damage that I would take becomes 0.”

Kieran bared his teeth, visibly getting annoyed with Yurik and his card’s tricks. Twilight let out an amused chuckle seeing Kieran brought to such a state by a teenager.

“It matters little,” said Kieran. “Guardia Sniper still has its attack, and not even your Twilight Alicorn can protect you from this.”

Yurik huffed exasperatingly, having forgotten.

“Guardia Sniper, attack Yurik directly!”

Guard Sniper once again cocked the bolt on its rifle, taking aim at Yurik’s heart.

DEF: 2000 -> ATK: 1400

“Sure Shot Blast!”

A pull of the trigger and a bullet was shot from the monster’s gun, shooting Yurik through the heart, and making him moan and wheeze in pain, standing on now trembling knees.

Yurik’s Life Points: 3000 -> 1600

“Your monster’s effects are very useful,” Kieran complimented, “but once it goes into the pendulum zone, it leaves you wide open.”

“Just end your turn and get on with it,” hissed Yurik.

Kieran, without further response, grabbed the last two cards from his hand and slipped them into the frontal zone of his duel disk body, two large card backings phasing onto the field in front of Kieran.

“I place two cards face down and end my turn,” he declared.

Status: Hand: 0 Life: 100 Monsters: 1 Pendulum Zones: 1 Pendulum Scale: - Spell/Traps: 2

Twilight grimaced, unsure how Yurik would pull himself out of the predicament he was now in. Kieran looked down onto his display screen, observing Yurik’s Twilight Alicorn on it and reading its effects.

Oh, he thought. So it can also special summon itself from the pendulum zone. However, my Guardia Tower is keeping my Guardia Sniper safe… that is, unless Yurik can find a way of getting around it.

“My turn!” Yurik called out as he drew a card from his deck. “Draw!”

Yurik placed the card in his hand before he pointed his right hand at his Twilight Alicorn.

“I activate the effect of Twilight Alicorn,” Yurik began. “Once per turn, I can special summon it from the pendulum zone to my field in attack position.”

Much like it had done the first time, Twilight Alicorn’s horn lit up before it disappeared in a bright bursting bubble, then reappearing in front of Yurik.

Twilight Alicorn
ATK: 2500
Lvl.: 7

“Now then…” he muttered.

Yurik grabbed the newest card he drew from his hand.

“I activate Dispel Spell!” Yurik shouted, a green card featuring a robed man with an ornate staff destroying a green card with a beam from the jewel on his staff. “When I control a Spellcaster-type monster, I can destroy one face-up spell card on the field, and the only one left to choose from is your Guardia Tower, now your Sniper’s protection is gone!”

Twilight Alicorn shot a green colored beam from its horn, aimed right at the base of Guardia Tower. With a tremendous explosion, a massive chunk was blown off the side of the building. Unable to support itself, the building began to topple over with the confused Guardia Sniper on top of it.

Before the it would become too steep, Guardia Sniper ran to the side of the tower opposite the fall and jumped off, sliding down the side of the building as the other side of Guardia Tower propped itself against the wall of the hall. Guardia Sniper leapt from the building and back to the floor as the tower, now useless, faded away in bright sparkles.

“Now there’s nothing that can save your Guardia Sniper now!” declared Yurik. “Attack, Twilight Alicorn. Take out his Guardia Sniper with Bright Burst Magic!”

Twilight Alicorn shot her sparking magenta beam at the now defenseless monster, who appeared to take its imminent destruction with a brave, stoic face.

“I activate my trap!” responded Kieran. “Guardia Ironarmor!”

A purple card flipped up from the ground, revealing demonic monster clad in a thick, heavy, but shiny armor. As such, the armor appeared over Kieran's monster in a bright flash.

“I can equip this card to a Guardia monster I control!” explained Kieran. “Now it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects, but its effects are negated and it cannot attack.”

I thought so, Yurik thought with a grunt.

The spell continued its path, merely bouncing off the thick plating and off into the corner of the hall over Alice and Twilight. Both of them screamed and covered their heads as bits of debris landed all about them, the smaller pieces hitting them.

“Kieran!” yelled Alice. “Be careful.”

Yurik, hearing Alice clearly this time, turned to her, feelings of betrayal resurfacing as she looked to Kieran.

“Who…” he tried to call out. “Who are you?”

Alice turned to Yurik, confused by his remark.

“Just who are you?! What are you doing with the Guardiaboliques?” he continued asking vehemently. “Why are you letting him do this to me? Walt even had to chase after me and now I don’t even know what you’re doing to him out there. It’s like I can’t even trust you anymore!”

“Yurik, please, I–”

“The real Alice I knew would never let any of this happen to me or my friends.”

“Yurik, I’m still me. You can believe that, can’t you?”

Yurik laid his arms at his side. Twilight looked at Yurik with sympathy, already knowing that a friendship once shared by the two was in jeopardy.

“I…” Yurik finally muttered, “…don’t know what to believe in now.”

Alice whimpered, crushed by Yurik’s distancing from her. Twilight sighed sadly, noting that their relationship was now damaged.

“I end my turn,” Yurik said.

Status: Hand: 2 Life: 1600 Monsters: 1 Pendulum Zones: 0 Pendulum Scale: - Spell/Traps: 1

Yurik looked to Twilight Alicorn before him, which turned its head gave him a reassuring huff, noting its undying support. Yurik then stared to Kieran, letting him know that with or without his friends by his side, he still had something worth fighting for.

“You show great concern for your friend,” Kieran said, looking up and noting Walt’s probable location. “I will assure you that no harm will come to him, this I can promise on my life.”

Yurik continued to stare Kieran down, unmoved by his guarantees.

“However,” he continued, “he cannot interfere with this duel. Alice also knows this as much. There’s too much riding on this duel for sentiment to enter into it. You must understand this, one way or another.”

Yurik snarled at Kieran, angered by his apathy.

“So, now,” concluded Kieran, “you shall finally understand the true strength of a true chosen one. My turn! Draw!”

Kieran drew a card, now the only one in his hand. Despite his situation, Kieran’s determined face told anyone in the room that he had just what he needed.

“I activate my continuous trap!” Kieran shouted. “Guardia Rebirth!”

Another purple card flipped up, with an infinity insignia in between the card’s title and art, which featured a somewhat decayed Guardia Sentry crawling out from the ground.

“This card lets me special summon a fiend-type Guardia Monster from my graveyard in attack position, and I choose my remaining Guardia Sentry!”

A purple portal with an oily black vortex grew out of the ground, and popping out of it was Kieran’s Guardia Sentry, which landed on the ground beside the armored Guardia Sentry.

“I’m not sure what your purpose is here,” Yurik spoke, “but your monsters are not strong enough to take on my Twilight Alicorn, and without your Sniper’s effects or ability to even attack, he can’t really do anything at this point.”

“You’re right,” Kieran responded, “but I still have my normal summon to conduct, and I have all I need to summon my ace.”

Yurik tensed up, knowing what he meant.

“You don’t mean–” he wondered

“Yes,” confirmed Kieran. “I tribute my Guardia Sentry and Guardia Sniper!”

As Kieran removed both cards from his zones, both monsters on the field burst into sparks, leaving Kieran to place his other monster, a pendulum monster, onto his monster zone.

“The behemoth who leads the army of darkness,” chanted Kieran, “come forth and crush all that stand in our way!”

Appearing from a bright, shining portal was an extremely large and muscular demon, clad in gold armor, a regal red cape, a sheathed claymore made of bone, and ram-like horns upon his head.

“Advance summon!” concluded Kieran. “Guardia General!”

The monster roared at Yurik and Twilight Alicorn, causing Alice and Twilight to cover their ears, the latter being much more scared than the former. Yurik breathed through his clenched teeth, knowing the pain he would soon be put through.

Guardia General
ATK: 3000
Lvl.: 8

“There’s nothing to protect you or your monster now,” warned Kieran. “Activating its effect now will be just as good as forfeiting the duel, but it is moot. My Guardia General’s effect inflicts damage equal to the ATK of whatever monster it destroys.”

Twilight gasped in shock.

“But that means–” she spoke.

“No matter what decision you make,” interrupted Kieran, “you will receive 3000 points of damage.

Yurik stood devastated, feeling all hope of victory draining from him.

“This is the end,” Kieran stated. “Guardia General, attack Twilight Alicorn! Infernal Slash!”

Guardia General unsheathed its massive sword, a trail of fire following it. With a bellowing roar, the monster raised its weapon over its head and swung down at Twilight Alicorn, who fretted anxiously as its destruction came upon it. Yurik, seeing the terrified expressions both his monster and Twilight next to him shared, suddenly became focused and furious.

“Farewell!” bid Kieran.

“NO!” Twilight screamed.

“I’m not letting you!” Yurik shouted. “I activate Twilight Alicorn’s effect, placing it in my pendulum zone!”

Twilight Alicorn vanished and reappeared on the left side of Yurik’s field in bright bursts, leaving Yurik’s field wide open.

Twilight Alicorn
Pendulum Scale: 6

“So you still wish to save your monster?” Kieran exclaimed. “It is pointless! Guardia General, attack Yurik directly.”

The demon’s sword continued its descent, but Yurik was still determined.

“I activate my trap!” Yurik declared, revealing a purple card with a silhouette of a man encased in a purple aura. “M. Brace! When a monster declares a direct attack, this card halves the battle damage!”

Kieran peered ahead with widened eyes, amazed by Yurik’s counter. As a purple aura coated him, Yurik crossed his arms over his face as the blade of Guardia General collided into the ground in a blast of flames, the thrust launching Yurik off his feet as he screamed in agony.

Yurik’s Life Points: 1600 -> 100

Yurik fell to the ground and rolled hard upon the carpet of the hall, sliding to a stop on his stomach.

“Hmm,” Kieran hummed, “it seems you’ve guaranteed yourself one last chance. I end my turn.”

Status: Hand: 0 Life: 100 Monsters: 1 Pendulum Zones: 0 Pendulum Scale: - Spell/Traps: 0

Yurik managed to get to a kneeling stance, looking up at the bloodhungry monster that stood on Kieran’s side.

“Now both of our life is at 100,” Kieran remarked. “And to think, you were so ready to snatch victory like it was your birthright. And now, you end up at the same point as I am. However, this does not mean this is the end for you, not anymore. I managed to get to this point on a mere 100 life points, let’s see if you can continue fighting on the same level.”

Yurik, somewhat uplifted by Kieran’s words, looked at his hand, containing two monsters: Pegassist of Wind, featuring a green pegasus with a white mane and tail and strong wings, and Pony of Night, which shared the same design as Unioncorn of Night, but minus the horn.

I have one turn left, mused Yurik, his face contorting more into sadness, but I cannot do anything with this. They aren’t strong enough to withstand Guardia General’s ATK, and I’m not strong enough to withstand its effect. I don’t even have the support of my friends to keep me fighting.

Alice, still concerned for her friend, clasped her hand over her heart, hoping for a miracle to occur. Twilight, on the other hand, could see the desperation in Yurik’s face, and looked at him with a near equal sadness.

It’s over, Yurik thought, bowing his body and head down in defeat, eyes watering. Dad… I’m sorry…

Yurik closed his eyes, letting the tears stream down his face as he tried to hold back his cries. Kieran looked at his opponent without changing his expression, but his eyes revealed a sense of pity. Yurik let out a few sobs, wallowing in his loneliness and doubt.

“You can do it, Yurik!” shouted a voice from the sidelines.

Yurik’s sadness seemed to stop in that instant, and looking back up and to the right, he could see Twilight, looking up at him with clenched teeth and wet eyes. All eyes, including Alice’s and Kieran’s, were on her, surprised by her outburst.

“Twilight,” growled Kieran, “stay out of this.”

“No!” she cried. “I won’t! Yurik, I know you can do it! I believe in you!”

Yurik, overwhelmed by Twilight’s support, sniffled and blinked, a few more tears leaving his eyes. At that moment, he began to slowly stand on his feet. Alice, having withheld enough guilt, stepped forwards.

“Come on, Yurik!” called Alice. “Get up! You can still win!”

Kieran glanced to Alice with a foreboding glare, but kept his attention back on Yurik, who stood strong and resolutely, wiping his red eyes and nose with the sleeve of his shirt.

“You’re very blessed to have your friends by your side,” Kieran said, “but support alone won’t let you win. You have one last turn to try and take away my remaining life points. I expect to see you use the skills and luck that have gotten you this far. So do not disappoint me, Yurik. If there was any time to prove your worth it is at this moment!”

Yurik’s rage and fury began to return, his scowl becoming wider and fiercer.

“Damn straight,” grunted Yurik, his fingers on his deck. “My turn! DRAW!”

With a tremendous whip of his arm, Yurik glanced at his card: a spell card. With widened eyes, Yurik could tell that this card might be the trick to get him what he needed.

“I activate Pony Switch Shuffle!” he shouted, placing his card into the frontal slot, showing art of silhouettes of a unicorn, pegasus, and a horse running towards a bright star. “Now, I can shuffle two monsters who have Unioncorn, Pegassist, or Pony in their names from my hand into my deck.”

With the remaining two cards in his hand being a Pegassist and a Pony monster, Yurik added his entire hand onto the top of his deck, which began to shuffle itself.

“Then,” Yurik continued as his deck stopped shuffling, “I draw two cards.”

Yurik pinched the top two cards of his deck and drew them out. Looking at them, a wholly orange card and a spell card, time seemed to stand still for Yurik, completely floored by his luck. Glancing back at Kieran, Yurik unnerved him by switching his face back to his cocky smile. Twilight gazed on, wondering just what he would pull off.

“I activate Twilight Alicorn’s effect,” Yurik began, “special summoning it from my pendulum zone in attack position!”

Twilight Alicorn teleported from the side of the field to before Kieran’s monster, it’s stance in a fighting position.

Twilight Alicorn
ATK: 2500
Lvl.: 7

“I equip Twilight Alicorn with Horn of Reborn,” Yurik declared, activating his spell card with a cross-insignia above the art, which featured a green-glowing unicorn’s horn. “When this card is activated, I can target one Unioncorn, Pegassist, or Allicorn monster in my graveyard and special summon it, and I choose Unioncorn of Fire!”

Twilight Alicorn’s horn glowed green as it shot a beam at the ground, opening the purple-and-black portal on the ground, Unioncorn of Fire hopping out of it and landing beside Twilight Alicorn.

Unioncorn of Fire
ATK: 1600
Lvl.: 4

“Next,” Yurik exclaimed, pulling out the last card in his hand, “I normal summon Pegassist of Water!”

Placing his final card on the zone on his blade, a pool of water appeared in the space to Twilight Alicorn’s left, and leaping out of it was a blue pegasus with a kelp-green mane and tail. The horse no fur, but a slick amphibian skin, and its wings were webbed, much like a frog’s feet.

Pegassist of Water
ATK: 1500
Lvl.: 4

“Two level four monsters,” commented Kieran. “Neither of his monsters are stronger than my Guardia General. He’ll have to xyz summon now.”

“I now overlay my level four Unioncorn of Fire and Pegassist of Water!” shouted Yurik.

Unioncorn of Fire and Pegassist of Water transformed into red and blue-colored auras and spiraled around each other, and back towards the ground as a red portal opened up on the floor.

“With these two monsters,” stated Yurik, “I construct the overlay network. Xyz summon!”

Both auras flew inside, the center shining brightly. Flying from the portal was a red unicorn whose coat and white mane and tail were soaking wet. Attached to its back were clouds of steam shaped like wings. Like the previous xyz monster, two orbs flew around its body.

“Let’s end this, Allicorn of Steam!”

Landing on the ground, a wave of warm vapor spread out where it stood.

Allicorn of Steam
ATK: 1900
Rnk.: 4

“Still not strong enough,” Kieran thought aloud. “What could this monster’s effect be?”

“I activate Allicorn of Steam's effect,” Yurik responded, removing Unioncorn of Fire from underneath the card and slipping it into the graveyard slot.

One of the orbs melded into the alicorn’s horn, producing a bright light.

“By detaching one xyz material from it, I can halve the ATK of one monster on the field and increase the owner’s life points by the ATK reduced. I halve Guardia General’s ATK! Vaporous Spray!”

The horn on Yurik’s monster began to drip profusely with water before a wave of hot vapor launched out of it, hitting Guardia Guardian in the chest.

ATK: 3000 -> 1500

The demon growled in pain as the remaining steam flew around the monster and towards Kieran. The vapor felt warm and comfortable on Kieran’s skin, causing him to sigh in slight relief.

Kieran’s Life Points: 100 -> 1600

Despite Kieran’s life points being partially replenished, Kieran breathed in annoyance at the ATK his monster now had.

“This is it!” Yurik shouted. “Now, Alicorn of Steam, attack Guardia General! Boiler Bomb!”

The alicorn shot a ball of steam from its horn, striking Kieran’s monster once again in the chest, but the force exploding it into yellow sparks. The steam hit Kieran, and it now felt uncomfortably warm.

Kieran’s Life Points: 1600 -> 1200

“And now,” bellowed Yurik, “Twilight Alicorn, attack Kieran directly! Bright Burst Magic!!”

Twilight shot its signature beam at Kieran. Before it could strike him Kieran found it in himself to let out a contented sigh. The blast struck Kieran hard, throwing him off his feet as he slid on his back down the hall before coming to a stop.

Kieran’s Life Points: 1200 -> 0

Yurik wins.

The ornate, but demolished hall in the room began to erode in yellow sparks, bringing the room back to normal. Yurik stood panting and looking at his two monsters, who were still around. Both of them turned to Yurik and gave him a nod, their mouths formed into a slight smile.

Weakly chuckling, Yurik grabbed both his monsters off his zones and placed them in their proper places, his two xyz monsters inside the slot on his blade disk, and the remaining cards in his hand, graveyard, and spell and trap zone in his deck. Finally, both monsters disappeared along with the rest of the simulated hall.

“You did it!” Twilight cheered as she galloped to Yurik.

“Yurik!” cried Alice, also running to him.

Before the two of them could properly congratulate him, Yurik collapsed to his knees, scaring the two of them into stopping.

“Yurik?” Twilight questioned, reaching her right forehoof out.

Yurik turned to face Twilight slowly, who reared back as he turned his whole body to her.

“Twilight,” he sighed.

After a couple seconds of awkward silence, Yurik, leaned towards Twilight and wrapped his arms around her neck, sobbing into her mane. The reaction almost made Twilight jump in sheer fright, but heavily refrained, wanting to let Yurik have some comfort.

“Thank you,” he cried. “Thank you for believing in me.”

“You’re…” she tried to speak, searching for the right words as she rubbed his back. “You’re very welcome. I knew you had it in you.”

Alice stared at the two with a smile, her heart warmed by her show of affection. The sounds of walking alerted the three of them, however, seeing Kieran walk up to Yurik. Twilight pulled away from Yurik and set herself between Kieran and Yurik.

“Hold on there,” she ordered with a stern face. “Before anything else happens, I want to know. Where am I? Come to think of it, where are my friends?”

Kieran looking at Twilight with equal sternness, reached up to the pin on his shirt. Twilight watched him carefully, making sure nothing funny was going to happen.

“You still have the man named Walt in your custody?” he asked the person on the other line.

“Affirmative,” the voice on the other line eventually responded. He's on the second floor lounge.

“We’ll be right up.”

Letting go of the pin, Kieran looked back down to Twilight and Yurik.

“Come,” he spoke. “I’ll explain everything with him.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Walt sat atop a desk inside a small room similar to that of an office lounge. His kicking the back of his heels against the side visibly annoyed a much burlier man in his early thirties wearing a green camo tank top, black shorts, and brown biker boots. His face was as muscular as his biceps, and he was entirely bald.

The man stared at Walt as he stared back at him with a taunting glare, continuing to kick the desk, going in and out of rhythm for added effect. Walt's duel disk also sat atop the desk, rattling atop it with every kick.

“You’re just asking to get decked, ain’t ya’?” the man queried in a raspy and surprisingly tenor voice.

“Hey,” Walt chided, “whatever brings Yurik here faster.”

“I said he’s coming. Hold your horses…”

“Well, I don’t have that either, so that’s two things you owe me.”

The man clenched his fist, struggling not to send his captive flying through to the next room. However, a door opened, and Walt stopped himself immediately. Yurik stepped inside, seeing Walt immediately. Yurik ran inside, nearly breaking into tears once again as he embraced Walt, happy to be reunited with him.

“Hey,” cooed Walt, “you didn’t think I forgot about you, huh?”

“So, you’re Walt?” Twilight spoke up.

Walt looked down from Yurik’s shoulder to see Twilight looking up at him, smiling at his caring nature.

“Whoa!” he shouted, backing away in reflex. “It’s the pony. How are you doing, little fella?”

“I can understand you, you know,” Twilight spoke, giving Walt a slightly-offended glare. “No need to talk to me like I’m some pet.”

Walt stumbled backwards into the wall, making him trip and fall onto his rump. The muscular man was even caught off guard with Twilight’s speech, shuffling to the other side of the room. Twilight walked over and observed the panicked stranger, confused by both his and the other man’s disposition.

“Can someone please explain to me why everyone around here is acting like they’ve never seen a pony before?” she demanded

“That isn’t the case at all, Twilight,” spoke Kieran’s voice as he and Alice stepped into the room.

Immediately, Walt, seeing the famous leader of the Guardiaboliques, managed the strength to stand.

“Oh my God,” he gasped. “You’re Kieran! As in the Kieran!”

“Walt, I’m more than happy to indulge into your fandom of the Guardiaboliques, but our guest here deserves to know what has become of her and her world.”

Kieran walked to the table and picked up a remote control. Pressing the power button it on, a flat-screen TV mounted to the wall already had the news. On it, an anchorwoman was reporting breaking news of the planet’s appearance, as well as showing archive footage of the planet in the sky, as well as amateur videos showing its appearance. Yurik, having not seen the planet before, began breathing heavily, putting a hand over his mouth

Twilight, intrigued by the television, walked up to it and observed the footage carefully. Kieran began to change the channels, showing other news networks covering more or less the same thing. Walt, finally stood up, standing next to Yurik and

“That’s…” Twilight muttered. “That’s Equus. How… is this possible?”

“We are not entirely sure ourselves,” Kieran answered. “Yurik, Walt, and Alice were at the site of where it all happened. Perhaps they can tell you better than I can.”

Twilight turned to face Yurik, Walt, and Alice, who all looked unsure of themselves, wonder how they could tell her this fantastical story.

“My friends and I were celebrating an after-party for our school’s musical,” Yurik began. “People were dueling there for fun, and when a field was left open to us, Alice convinced me to duel her and try my new card.

“Right when I summoned it, a big beam shone from the portal where it was supposed to appear from shining high into the sky. The others, fearing the worst, ran away. Once the beam had gone away, we looked up…”

Twilight cocked her head as Yurik failed to continue on with the story, putting his hand on his head for an oncoming headache.

“And then… all I remember is waking up here.”

“That’s when the planet began to appear,” continued Alice. “Once it had formed, we saw as six beams flew from the other side of the planet and flew towards our planet. One of them landed right in front of Yurik and knocked him unconscious… You were lying inside of the crater.”

Suddenly, Twilight realized something making her eyes and moth go wide open.

“Wait a minute,” Twilight interrupted. “You said six beams? And they came from Equus?”

“Yes, she did,” responded Kieran. “Considering you came from one of those beams, I assume these other five beams are your friends that you mentioned earlier?”

“Yes! Do you know where they are?”

Kieran took a deep breath before answering.

“Unfortunately, the other beams had landed nowhere remotely near here. In fact, we don’t know where they landed yet.”

Twilight’s ears drooped and an upset grimace appeared on her face.

“Oh no,” she shouted, running in place. “My friends are stuck on an alien planet! I need to find them!”

Twilight galloped out of the room, hyperventilating as she did.

“Twilight,” called Yurik, reaching out to her, “wait!”

Kieran quickly stepped out of the room watched Twilight head down the hall.

“And where do you think you’ll go?” Kieran shouted.

Twilight stopped in her tracks, the words making sudden sense to her.

“You’re as stuck on this alien planet as they are,” he explained. “You just happen to be lucky enough to have been found by us.”

“You?” Twilight yelled, turning around and revealing her angry expression. “You mean the ones who kidnapped someone, kept them from their friends trying to rescue them, and then tried to steal from them?”

“Twilight,” Kieran said, approaching her slowly, “I understand that our methods may be viewed as questionable, but I give you my word that we do what we do for the good of our fellow man.”

“Stay back,” warned Twilight, her horn glowing slightly.

“I’m more than willing to extend that privilege to you and any inhabitants of Equus…”

“Stay back!”

Twilight’s horn was already shining a bright white, making audible charging noises.

“…but you have to trust me and the Guardiaboliques if you–”

“I said…”

Twilight’s horn produced a ball of energy that Kieran was just nimble enough to dodge as it passed his face, blasting a hole in the wall at the end of the hall.

“What was that?” shouted the bald-headed man.

Popping out of the lounge was the bald man with a pistol set and aimed at Twilight, as well as Yurik and Walt. Seeing the pistol aimed at the intimidated Twilight, Yurik shouted out and stepped in front of the man's aim.

“Stop it!” shouted Yurik at the armed man. “Don't hurt her!”

“Did you see what she almost did to Kieran?" the man yelled back.

“Marcus,” Kieran spoke, putting his hand up, “at ease.”

With a dissatisfied tick with this tongue, Marcus placed his gun back into a holster at his side. Yurik continued to block the man's path. Twilight, seeing this, began to feel afraid again, but she was now biting her lip as she tried to control the inevitable sobs coming.

“Twilight,” Kieran said, approaching her once again, “We are not the enemy. We want to help you. We have the means with which to find your friends, and we will.”

Kieran knelt down to Twilight, who was bowing her head to conceal her tearing eyes. With a gentle hand, Kieran placed his hand on the side of Twilight's upper neck.

“All you need to do is trust us.”

Twilight, knowing it couldn't be hidden, jumped onto Kieran and hugged him tight, with Kieran returning it with a loving embrace.

“There, there,” he cooed. “Everything will be alright. We'll make everything alright.”

Yurik, Walt, Alice, and Marcus watched as Twilight was consoled. Yurik, empathetic towards her feelings of confusion and uncertainty, clenched his fist, knowing what he had to do.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Back inside the lounge, Twilight and Yurik sat on the couch, Yurik petting down Twilight's back. Alice and Marcus sat on the couch set next to theirs. The TV was still playing the news, covering the arrival of the planet of Equus seemingly without end. They watched as Walt paced about the room, on the phone with someone.

“Yeah,” Walt assured the person on the other line. “We all went over to Mary’s house to chill, and now we’re just waiting for most of this to blow over.”

Alice watched Walt carefully as he constructed his lie.

“Mom,” Walt pressed. “We’re all fine. We’re all down in the basement playing tabletop Duel Monsters. We’ll call you when we’re on our way home. Okay?”

Yurik looked up to Walt and nodded, glad to hear that Walt’s story went through.

“I love you too, Mom,” he finished. “We’ll make it home. Bye.”

Walt hung up his phone and placed it back into his pocket.

“And Mary’s good?” asked Yurik.

“I haven’t talked to her yet,” he said. “I’m still trying to find a way to tell her what’s going on without telling her about the Guardiaboliques. I mean, she dropped me off about half a mile from this place when we were following you.”

“Then tell her,” Kieran’s voice spoke up, Walt turning his head to see him in the doorway.

“What was that?” Walt wondered.

Kieran stepped in further, placing his hands on Walt’s shoulders.

“Our security cameras caught you and her in her car long before she stopped to let you go ahead on foot,” explained Kieran. “I can’t assume that she’s so dim that she wouldn’t be able to piece together what this place really is, or if we can even trust her to keep quiet if she does know.”

“Whoa,” Walt spoke, backing up from Kieran’s grasp, “you’re not suggesting…”

“I won’t resort to drastic measures… if it can be helped. If you’re in contact with her, I’m requesting that you tell her as much as she needs to know that she gets the majority of the truth and that she won’t run to the police.”

Walt looked off to Twilight and Yurik, knowing the probably consequences of letting either of them into the possession of the police.

“Yeah, okay,” he agreed, pulling out his phone from his pocket. “I’ll do it. Just give me a little space, yeah?”

Kieran took a step back as Walt browsed through his contacts, finding Mary’s number and calling it. Placing his ear to the phone, he listened for the ringtone before it almost immediately picked up.

“Hello?”

“Mary, it’s Walt,” he confirmed.

“Walt! How’s Yurik? And what about that pony we picked up?”

“They’re just fine, but Mary, I need you to listen very carefully, because I’m not going to pull your leg on this, and honestly, you might have already figured it out.”

“What?” Mary half chuckled. “Did Alice take them to the Guardiaboliques headquarters or something?”

“…Yeah, that’s exactly what happened.”

A long bout of silence came between them.

“Hello?” Walt queried.

“Are you being serious right now?” wondered Mary.

“Dead serious. We’re inside their headquarters as we speak. In fact, Alice is even one of them.”

“What?” Mary questioned.

Alice, infuriated that Walt would sell her out like that, angrily marched to him before being grabbed by her arm by Kieran. Looking to him, Alice watched Kieran slowly shake his head “no.” Alice looked back, waiting to see how Walt would get himself out of this.

“Yeah,” confirmed Walt. “Just imagine what the police or the government would do to Yurik and that pony if they discovered their connection to that planet’s appearance. If anything, we’re really lucky that one of the Guardiaboliques is our friend.”

“Okay, I get it. Wow, Jesus… So, what did she… or they do to them?”

“Nothing. They both woke up and they’re just fine. They’re just keeping them hidden from the police for the time being and letting them heal a bit. Like I said before, do not call the police about ths, but now I’m telling you: do not tell another soul about this.”

“What? No, no! Of course not!”

“Because, I just want to warn you, they, the Guardiaboliques, I mean, they got your car on their security cameras when we came here.”

More silence.

“So, I should really not tell anyone huh?” Mary asked in a nervous chuckle.

“Would heavily advise against it,” Walt said. “Listen, they told me that as long as you’re cool with them, they’ll be cool with you. Alright?”

Twilight watched on, awaiting the guarantee of her and her friends’ safety underway. Meanwhile, behind them on the TV, the display began to fade into static.

“Alright,” Mary finally agreed. “I just don’t want anything funny happening to me and my family because of this.”

“There won’t. Oh! Hey, before I hang up, I have to ask one more favor of you.”

“Yeah?”

“I had to keep my mom from worrying about Yurik, and I told her that we were riding the storm out at your home to calm her down. If for any reason anyone asks where Yurik, Alice, and I were or anyone gets suspicious, tell them we were at your place, okay?”

“Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered.”

“Great, Mary. You’re a true pal.”

“Anything for my fellow pals. Do you know when you’ll have the first edit from last night up?”

“Hopefully before the end of the weekend. Hopefully…”

“Either way, don’t worry about it. You’ve got a lot on your plate alr–”

“Kieran!” called Marcus, pointing at the TV. “You need to look at this!”

Walt, hearing the severity in his voice, looked behind him quickly, appearing on and off the TV’s static was what appeared to be a white unicorn’s head with a long, flowing mane of green, pink, blue, and purple.

“Sorry,” Walt quickly spoke, “gotta go, buh-bye.”

Walt hung the call up and placed his phone back into his pocket as he and Kieran stepped closer to the TV, wondering what that was.

“Princess Celestia?” Twilight wondered.

“Who?” Yurik asked.

“Shh,” hushed Kieran, knowing she would begin speaking soon.

“Hello,” the horse spoke in a stern, but motherly voice. “My name is Princess Celestia of the planet Equus. It has come to my, as well as your attention that our planet has mysteriously appeared outside of yours. As well, seven of its inhabitants, who all happen to be very close to me, have disappeared an appeared on your planet in various parts.”

“Seven?” wondered Twilight aloud. “Did does that mean Spike is here too?”

“What I’m asking is that the inhabitants of your planet help me in retrieving my little ponies and bring them back home. However, it is very important that they all be gathered together, as it is far too dangerous for them as well as for the rest of us in Equestria for them to be alone. I shall handsomely reward whomever completes this task with whatever they wish. We have no quarrel with your world and are peaceful creatures. All I want is for my ponies to return home safely.”

Princess Celestia sniffled and wiped her tears from her eyes with her arm, putting Twilight in another sad disposition. Yurik and Alice looked on amazingly at Celestia, who appeared more horse-like than Twilight did, but had very beautiful curves on its face, giving her a look of elegance. The screen began to turn fuzzy as an image of six ponies and a purple bipedal lizard with a green underbelly appeared on screen.

Yurik and the others scanned each of the ponies shown, noting their features: a blue pegasus with a cropped mane and tail colored like the rainbow, an orange pony with a ponytailed blonde mane and tail and a brown Stetson, a joyous pink pony with a fluffy pink mane and tail, a yellow pegasus with a long pink mane and innocent eyes, and a white unicorn with a curled purple mane and tail and a heavily made up face.

“This is what each of them looks like,” said Celestia, “if this is any help to you. I wish to be at peace with your world however long we are stranded here. Please prove this to me by helping me bring my little ponies home. Thank you.”

The image of the horse went away and back to the news, the anchors on TV absolutely stunned by what had happened. The TV then shut off, Kieran placing the remote back on the table. Twilight looked back to Kieran, wondering what he would say in response.

“We’re currently tapping into every satellite across the globe as well as searching every news outlet across the world for the whereabouts of your friends,” Kieran assured her. “Once we get word about where each beam landed, as well as any possible sightings of your friends nearby, we’ll go and find them.”

“But…” Twilight wondered, getting off the couch to follow Kieran, “what about travel? How are we going to–”

“We have the means,” interrupted Kieran.

“And money? Won’t that cost–”

“It’s no object.”

Twilight looked down, thinking of any other possible setbacks she would need to know.

“And I’ll be coming too,” Twilight spoke determinably. “Forgive me for saying this, but my friends won’t trust you guys as you are. If they see me with you, they will.”

“That wasn’t negotiable,” Kieran said, “but I’m glad to see we’re on the same page.”

Twilight’s face melted into a flat frown.

“The location of the craters will not be very difficult,” spoke Kieran, pacing towards the doorway, “but pinning your friends down might. It will take some time, but you can use that time to train, learn of our world and our ways, how to duel. That is what you will be doing for the time being.”

“Well,” Twilight mentioned, “what about Yurik and the others?”

“Alice and Marcus will be able to assist you. However…”

Kieran turned to Yurik, surprising him.

“Yurik,” addressed Kieran, “you earned the right to keep your Twilight Alicorn card and the power it holds. However, after all that has happened, what course of action do you plan to take?”

“I vote to join you too,” Yurik answered, his clenched hand raised level to his face. “As the protector my Twilight Alicorn card, as well as being the cause for all of this, well, I feel like I’m indebted to making sure I reunite Twilight with her friends safely.”

Twilight smiled warmly, happy for Yurik’s alliance.

“I sure as hell can’t let my bro get away from me again,” Walt spoke up, “so I’m coming along as well.”

“I cannot allow that,” Kieran responded.

“What?” both Yurik and Walt responded.

“Yurik, you’ve proven your worth against me, and you’ve accepted the invitation that you’ve earned. I know nothing of Walt except that he is your friend. I cannot allow someone like that to become a part of my beloved Guardiaboliques.”

“Give him a chance!” Yurik professed. “Just like you did with me! That’s it, let me duel him!”

“I gave you a chance because you wielded an amazing power that you showed that you could harness. Walt has no such help, and I cannot allow just anyone to join my faction like this is one of your high school musicals.”

Kieran began to walk to the doorway, when Yurik contorted his face in anger.

“How about this,” Yurik threatened, “either both of us join or none of us do.”

Kieran stopped in his tracks. Twilight gasped, realizing the eggshells Yurik tread on.

“Is this what you really want?” asked Kieran.

“What I want is for you to give my friend a chance,” Yurik answered. “Walt’s a very strong duelist, and I don’t believe I’d be as good of a duelist as I am if it weren’t for him.”

“Then what do you propose that we do?” wondered Kieran, looking back at Yurik and Walt.

Yurik glanced to Walt and gave him a nod, Walt nodded back, knowing Yurik would have his best interests in mind.

“Let me duel him,” Yurik said to Kieran. “You dueled me to test my strength. Let me do the same.”

“Hey, man,” Walt said to Kieran as he went to Yurik’s side. “If the man wants to get his ass kicked, then just let him.”

Yurik smirked at his remark. Kieran however, stood still and sized Walt up. Twilight looked between the two of them, wondering whose side would get their way.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Kieran, Alice, Marcus, and Twilight stood along the side wall of the dueling arena where Yurik and Walt stood before each other. Each one had their duel disks on their arms as they awaited for Kieran to let them begin.

“You may begin whenever you’re ready,” Kieran remarked.

Twilight stared at Walt, unsure what a person like him could do against Yurik and his new ace monster.

“New card or no new card,” Walt said, “there’s no way I’m letting you get the better of me.”

“As much as I’d like to say you’re wrong,” Yurik said, “I’m hoping you’re right.”

“But I’m not hoping,” Walt said, removing his disk blade from his duel disk, “I know it!”

Both Walt and Yurik threw their blade disks out as the shot around each other and back towards their owners, where they stopped beside the back side of their duel disks and lit up in an array of colors. The lights on the sides of the blade disks shone bright as the light formed into a solid mass that formed into the zoned blades. Finally, both duelists’ decks were shuffled inside their slots.

“Connection complete,” spoke a voice on both computers, “Yurik Clayer vs. Walt Faber. Draw.”

As instructed, Yurik and Walt drew the top five cards from their decks, now ready to begin.

“I’m not looking for anything fancy,” Walt said, holding his left arm close to his face for dramatic effect, “I just want a simple, quick duel.”

“Nah,” Yurik disagreed with a smug smile, holding his own duel disk out, “I want to enjoy this, so let’s have a little fun, shall we?”

Twilight looked between the two of them, wondering which one would come out on top.

“DUEL!” both Yurik and Walt shouted.

================
Yurik:
LP: 4000

Walt:
LP: 4000
================

Author's Note:

Featured Card:

Allicorn of Steam
WATER
Rank: 4
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect

1 Level 4 FIRE monster + 1 Level 4 WATER monster

Once per turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 monster on the field; halve that monster's ATK, and if you do, increase the Life Points of that monster's owner by the amount of ATK lost.

ATK: 1900
DEF: 2000

PreviousChapters Next