• Published 9th May 2014
  • 3,400 Views, 173 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! P†H - moviemaster8510



In an alternate reality in which dueling is Earth's greatest pastime, one duelist receives a mysterious card that unlocks his destiny that will lead him to becoming the savior of two worlds...

  • ...
29
 173
 3,400

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 15: Jungle Fever, Part 2

Yurik ran through the forest, weaving through the trees and hopping over the roots, vines, and sudden rises in the earth’s elevation. Twilight stayed alongside him in the air, her wings flapping occasionally to pick up speed and stay above the ground.

“We should be there soon,” Yurik said.

“I sure hope so,” Twilight moaned. “Have they moved since we saw them?”

“I just checked. Not an inch.”

Twilight winced as she continued looking out ahead.

Come on, she thought. Please be alright.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Mary looked at Thiago and his field, which consisted of his terrifyingly-malformed statue of the manta ray.

Idouro Manta
DEF: 2500
Lvl.: 6

Mary’s field was now without her strongest monster, leaving only one inside on her field beside her pendulum monsters.

Feral Panther
ATK: 2400
Lvl: 6

Feral Lion
Pendulum Scale: 2

Feral Kitten
Pendulum Scale: 9

Thiago looked upon Mary with smug assurance, his life points already higher than hers.

================
Mary:
LP: 3100

Thiago:
LP: 4000
================

“It’s a shame,” Thiago said. “Your strategy was a pretty solid one. The only problem is that you chose the wrong duelist to use it on.”

Thiago took one card from his hand and slipped it face down in his spell/trap slot, the backing appearing at his feet.

“I place one card face down and end my turn,” he said.

Status: Hand: 3 Life: 4000 Monsters: 1 Pendulum Zones: 0 Pendulum Scale:Spell/Traps: 2

Kieran looked at Mary with a sense of disappointment and anger as he watched her scan the field. Fluttershy continued to stand beside Alice, fearful for Mary’s chances.

“Come on, Mary!” cheered Alice. “I know you’re stronger than that!”

“I know,” she responded, looking at Thiago’s grimly anxious face. “He probably knows that my Feral Tiger was a pendulum monster and I can just bring it back.”

The reminder only made Thiago grit his now visibly bared teeth.

“And that would just mean your monster will now go away,” she concluded with a smile. “My turn! Draw!”

Mary immediately added her newest card to her hand, now pointing at the center of her field with her hand as the sky darkened again and the star appeared overhead.

“With Feral Lion and Feral Kitten in my pendulum zone,” declared Mary, “I can special summon monsters whose levels are 3 through 8. Pendulum summon!”

Mary’s monster ejected itself from the extra deck slot of her blade disk, allowing her to remove it and throw it upon her open monster zone. The red portal opened up in the sky as a single orange beam flew down from it and landed on the field. The dirt and dust cleared to reveal Mary’s tiger which now returned!

“Welcome back!” she called. “Feral Tiger!”

The tiger snarled at the golden ray, prepared to tear it to shreds with its fangs and claws.

Feral Tiger
ATK: 2600
Lvl.: 7

“And with Feral Kitten’s effect,” Mary clarified, “I can draw one card because of my pendulum summoned monster!”

As he watched her draw her extra card, Thiago grunted angrily at his situation, knowing full well what was to come.

“Your deck may have bypassed my field spell and trap combo,” said Mary, “but thanks to it, I can still defeat you.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he growled.

“Because of the effect of Feral Lion in my pendulum zone, all Feral monsters have the ability of inflicting piercing damage!”

“What was that!?” he shouted, but quickly reverted to a more calm, but irked demeanor. “Whatever. It’s only 100 points I’ll be losing.”

“Oh, it will be a lot more than that! Now, battle! Feral Tiger, attack Idouro Manta! Stripe Slashing!”

Feral Tiger reeled itself back and ran at Thiago’s monster. With its claws glowing slightly, it bound up and reeled its arm back. Landing upon the golden ray, the tiger slashed at the back of the monster, leaved three sizable gashes upon it, exploding it into gold sparks that blew hard onto Thiago.

Thiago’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3900

“And now that your field is empty,” shouted Mary, “my Feral Panther is free to attack you directly.”

“Alright!” cheered Alice. “She’ll take him down to 1500 if this connects!”

Kieran couldn’t help but smirk, feeling far more confident in Mary now.

“Feral Panther!” she shouted. “Attack Thiago directly! Black Blur Attack!”

Feral Panther now began to run at Thiago, who changed his nervous face to a smiling smug one.

“I activate my trap, Revival of the Idouros!” he shouted, throwing his arm at the field.

His card flipped up, showing art of a golden dolphin statue being risen from a black portal as four robed men stood around it with their arms raised in reverence.

“This card lets me special summon one Idouro monster from my graveyard with its effects negated, and I will choose my Idouro Manta!”

A black portal opened on the ground in front of Thiago’s trap, allowing the golden ray to rise out from it before Mary’s approaching monster.

Idouro Manta
DEF: 2500
Lvl.: 6

“Damn,” Mary hissed. “I halt my attack!”

Feral Panther turned to the left and sped around back towards Mary and her side of the field, standing back next to her tiger.

“Oh…” Fluttershy whispered sadly, hiding her mouth under her mane. “You were so close…”

Despite the situation, Mary took a sigh of relief, smiling back at Thiago.

“Well then,” she said, “now that your monster’s effects are negated, my monsters can’t be touched by yours anymore.”

“Not yet it won’t,” Thiago replied.

“What?”

“My Sacred Temple of the Idouros has another effect to it that will completely devastate you, and all that’s separating you from it is the end of your turn.”

Mary furrowed her brow at Thiago, something that seemed to pleasure him.

“That,” he added, “or you could surrender right now.”

“Like hell I will,” she growled.

She held up to cards from her hand and placed them both face down inside her duel disk, both of their backings appearing beside where her active trap was placed.

“I place two cards face down and end my turn,” she said.

Status: Hand: 1 Life: 3100 Monsters: 2 Pendulum Zones: 2 Pendulum Scale: 3 – 8 Spell/Traps: 4
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Walt and Rainbow Dash continued running through the forest, looking for any and all signs of their friends’ locations. As they came to the downward slope of a hill they looked down to see a ravine further down with small stream running through it.

“Crap,” spoke Walt. “I don’t think I can jump that. Can you fly me over?”

Rainbow Dash sized Walt up with her eyes as he put his arms out to pick him up.

“I’d probably need some speed to do that,” Rainbow Dash planned, “but I can’t because of all these darned trees.”

“You can’t pick me up, you wimp?” he taunted, his arms still out. “It’s just a few feet.”

“Wimp? I’ll show you a wimp!”

Rainbow Dash flew up behind Walt and put her forearms underneath his armpits. With a heavy flapping of her wings, she managed to lift him up, her voice straining as she tried lifting him higher.

“Come on,” Walt egged on, “just get us to the other side before you pull something!”

“I’d like to see you try this…” she grunted.

She slowly pushed her body forwards, moving her and Walt forwards. Rainbow Dash huffed and puffed as she tried to keep her arms steady as they began to pass over the ravine. Looking down, they found a small pack of caimans looking up at them, spotting their next potential meal.

Rainbow Dash and Walt both shivered in fear at the sight of them, causing both Rainbow Dash and Walt’s arms to begin going slack. Walt suddenly noticed as his arms began to slip out from the blue pegasus’s.

“Rainbow?” he asked, the slipping becoming faster and faster. “Rainbow?!”

Right over the other edge of the ravine, Walt was dropped. Without the weight pulling her down, Rainbow Dash soared up, looking down as Walt hit the ground, which loosened beneath him and fell down into the gorge, taking Walt with it.

“Walt!” she shouted.

Unable to see it coming, her head smacked the back of a branch, rendering her body limp. Walt managed to grip onto an exposed tree root, his feet dangling beneath the caimans that swarmed below him, struggling to climb up the dirty walls of the ravine to get him. His attention was on Rainbow Dash, however, as she plopped to the ground, writhing her body as she tried to regain her senses.

“Rainbow!” Walt shouted. “Help! Come on, wake up!”

A growl and a snapping of jaws sounded off right below Walt’s feet, his feet scrambling up the side as he tried to climb. With the looseness of the soil and the moisture on the root, Walt continued to slip down as he continued to try his climb up, breaking more of the chasm away.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“My turn!” shouted Thiago. “Draw!”

He looked at his card, smiling and giggling to see that it was a monster.

“I now activate the second effect of my Sacred Temple of the Idouros!” he spoke, tensing Mary up. “Once per turn, I can fusion summon an Idouro monster from my extra deck using monsters from my field or in my hand as the fusion materials.”

“No way!” Mary shouted. “A field spell that can perform fusion summons?”

Thiago picked up his Manta card off his monster zone and added two more monster cards to it, one of them being a golden Amazon river dolphin and the other being a golden mermaid, revealing all three to Mary.

“I send my Idouro Manta, Idouro Boto, and Idouro Iara to the graveyard as the fusion materials!” declared Thiago.

Thiago threw all three cards into his graveyard, and at once the gold dolphin and gold mermaid appeared onto the field beside Idouro Manta. The three monsters then went bright and hot as if they were being put through a flame. They then liquefied as they swirled back towards the shrine, frightening Mary and Fluttershy.

“Mythical devil of the forest,” chanted Thiago as the three streams of gold melded with the statue on the altar, “come on thundering hooves and lash at those beneath you with your whip like lightning! Fusion summon!”

A bright light shone from the shrine as a massive ball of dripping gold floated out from it. Kieran and Alice even stood astounded as the sphere morphed into the shape of a centaur with a muscular equine body, a bulky human torso and arms, and a fearsome bat-like face.

“Appear! Idouro Besta Fera!”

The centaur lowered itself to the ground, the bases of its hooves landing with a tremendous thud that shook the ground.

Idouro Besta Fera
DEF: 3200
Lvl.: 10

“3200 DEF?” gasped Mary. “If this thing has the same effect as the last one…”

“I activate the effect of Idouro Besta Fera!” shouted Thiago, “allowing me to destroy one monster you control whose ATK is less than my monster’s DEF and inflict damage equal to the difference if it’s in attack position!”

Mary winced, preparing for the hard strike she would have to endure.

“Idouro Besta Fera,” he ordered, “destroy Feral Panther! Ferocious Flogging!”

The large centaur’s body moved, its hand grabbing a flaccid gold whip attached to its side and galloping at Mary’s monster.

“Also,” Thiago called, “when Idouro Besta Fera destroys a monster via its own effect, it inflicts 500 extra points of damage to you!”

Mary clenched her fist and her teeth in rage as the centaur reeled its arm behind itself.

“Taste my monster’s power!” he shouted.

The centaur threw its arm and the whip out, the end striking the panther, making it yelp in pain before it exploded in a burst of fire that engulfed Mary. Fluttershy covered her mouth with her hooves and let two tears stream down her eyes as Thiago laughed loudly.

“How was that 1300 points of damage?” he taunted.

“What damage?” Mary asked.

Thiago snorted in disbelief, watching as the smoke cleared from Mary’s spot. Her panther was gone, but a revealed trap card was left in its place, showing a translucent blue emblem of a clawed cat’s paw blocking a white beam from hitting Feral Tiger.

Mary’s Life Points: 3100

“What?” shouted Thiago. “A trap card?”

“That’s right!” answered Mary. “I activated my trap, Feral Barrier. This card prevents all Feral monsters I control from being destroyed by battle.”

“But your monster wasn’t destroyed by battle! You should also take the effect damage!”

“That’s just it. Along with that effect, I don’t take any battle or effect damage for the rest of the turn.”

“Wow…” sighed Fluttershy, genuinely impressed.

Thiago growled, balling up his right hand.

“Damn you…” he grunted. “You think you can continue protecting yourself like that?”

“I’ll do more than that,” Mary responded. “Just end your turn and I’ll show you!”

Thiago huffed, grabbing one card from his hand and slipping it face down into his duel disk.

“I place one card face down and end my turn,” he concluded.

Status: Hand: 1 Life: 3900 Monsters: 1 Pendulum Zones: 0 Pendulum Scale:Spell/Traps: 2

I’m not out of the woods yet, thought Mary. I was able to protect my monsters once, but I know he won’t let me have that opportunity again. I’m going to need some more lucky draws. It’s all I have at this point.

Mary reached for her deck, prepared to draw.

“Is it really worth it?” asked Thiago. “Your monsters keep getting destroyed, while mine stay safe and strong. Before long, I’ll crush you and your deck, and you will prove to me that you aren’t fit to be a guardian of anything.”

“That’s what you don’t seem to get,” Mary scolded.

“What did you say?”

“There will always be something bigger, something stronger to try and take the life of another. Sometimes, they win and live, and sometimes, they lose and die. It’s all just a part of life, something you’re clearly too young and stupid to know anything about.”

“You shut your mouth and just take your turn if you want to die as you seem to wish.”

Mary breathed through her nose as she bit her lip, still fuming.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Rainbow Dash!” screamed Walt, feeling the tip of a caiman’s snout brush the sole of his kicking foot.

Rainbow Dash finally managed to roll over to her stomach, her vision coming to. She could finally make out Walt and his cries for help, her body being shot with adrenaline. Hopping up from her feet, she flew into the ravine and jammed her hoof into a caiman’s head with her back hoof, sending it up the river.

Two more reached up for Rainbow Dash, only for her two front hooves to catch them and knock their heads together, sending them sprawling to the floor. The two caimans skittered away from Walt and Rainbow Dash, prompting the remaining ones to follow them to their own safety.

Walt, still slipping, continued to struggle up and keep from falling.

“Quit kicking,” Rainbow Dash instructed as she flew beneath him.

Walt complied, allowing his feet to relax as he felt Rainbow Dash’s hooves beneath them.

“Come on,” she spoke, “pull.”

Walt pulled on the vine as Rainbow Dash pushed up on his feet, allowing him to climb up and back onto the ground. Walt rolled onto his back and panted, looking up at the sky as he could finally relax with the front of his shirt completely caked in mud. Rainbow Dash soon flew out of the ravine and landed beside him.

“Thanks a bunch, Rainbow,” he puffed. “Your head’s okay, right?”

“My head?” she asked, offended. “What about you? Those crocodiles didn’t get you, did they?”

“No, thanks to you.”

“So you’re okay? I’m okay! Let’s keep going then!”

Walt quickly got to his feet and began jogging into their intended direction, Rainbow Dash cantering beside him.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“I’m not gonna’ die,” she stated. “I’m going to live! My turn! Draw!”

Mary looked at her card: a regular effect monster. Smirking, she continued to hold on as she pointed out to her field again, the sky darkening and the star appearing in it.

“With Feral Lion and Feral Kitten in my pendulum zones,” spoke Mary, “I can special summon monsters whose levels are 3 through 8. Pendulum summon!”

Mary placed the newly-drawn monster onto her pendulum zone, making the red portal appear below the star, an orange beam flying down from it and colliding with the ground. The dust settled to reveal a cheetah standing and already poised to sprint.

“Let’s go!” cried Mary. “Feral Cheetah!”

With a snarl escaping its lips, the cat’s presence was enough to take Thiago aback.

Feral Cheetah
ATK: 2800
Lvl.: 8

“And with Feral Kitten’s effect,” Mary said, whipping a card out from the top of her deck, “I draw one card!”

Mary looked at her spell card, her thumb obscuring all but the title as she added it to her hand. Seeing the stats of Alice’s newest monster, Thiago giggled as it became full-on laughter, which Mary didn’t seem to be bothered by in the slightest.

“You went through all that trouble for an extra card and another weaker monster?” he howled. “Are you really that desperate to struggle?”

“I’m not struggling here,” Mary responded. “I now activate the effect of Feral Cheetah! By reducing my monster’s ATK by 1000 until the end phase, it can attack the opponent directly!”

“What was that?” he shouted, instantly stopping his laughter.

Feral Cheetah purred as it prepared for the final arrangements to attack.

ATK: 2800 -> 1800

“Ooh,” Fluttershy cooed, amazed by the monster effect.

“Battle!” shouted Mary. “Feral Cheetah, attack Thiago directly! Hyper Pounce!”

Already, the cat went off speeding, only gaining speed with each stride.

“I activate my trap, Muiraquitã of the Idouros!” Thiago quickly shouted as a purple card with art of a golden amulet with an emerald center flipped up. “This card halves all battle damage I take this turn if I control an Idouro monster.”

The amulet appeared on Thiago’s chest just as the cat came leaping up at him. Once Feral Cheetah’s paws hit Thiago’s chest, a green pulse burst from the gem, throwing Feral Cheetah up into the air. The force was still enough to send Thiago onto his back as he rolled onto his knees as the feline behind him landed safely on its feet.

Thiago’s Life Points: 3900 -> 3000

Feral Cheetah ran back to its owner as Alice and Fluttershy both sighed in disappointment.

“What are you so miserable about?” asked Kieran.

“No offense to my friend,” Alice whispered back, “but Mary is completely outgunned by her opponent and he continues holding her back with ease. She could easily lose this for us.”

Fluttershy’s head, ears, and mouth drooped at Mary’s discouraging words.

“Given what she’s been able to do thus far,” Kieran said, “you should be very proud of her. She still has plenty of life points and many opportunities to win. Just continue giving her support as you’ve always done, and she might very well surprise us all.”

Alice and Fluttershy perked themselves up once again as they nodded in acknowledgement to Kieran’s words.

“You can do this, Mary!” shouted Alice. “We know you can!”

“Yeah,” peeped Fluttershy. “You go, girl…”

“Hmph,” sneered Thiago. “You’re really supporting this girl, Fluttershy? This woman who would want to send these animals to their deaths?”

“Oh…” she cowered, “I didn’t mean–”

“Don’t worry,” assured Mary, “this boy will learn in time just how childish he’s really being. During the end phase, my Feral Cheetah’s ATK returns to normal.”

Mary’s cat stood itself up straight, relaxing itself.

ATK: 1800 -> 2800

“I end my turn,” Mary finally said.

Status: Hand: 2 Life: 3100 Monsters: 2 Pendulum Zones: 2 Pendulum Scale: 3 – 8 Spell/Traps: 3

“Childish you say?” asked Thiago. “It seems you still forget your place. It’s time for a real spanking. My turn! Draw!”

I need to get rid of those pendulum monsters, he mused. If she continues pendulum summoning, she might find a way to actually defeat me! Maybe the card I drew can…

Thiago looked at the spell card he drew, smiling gleefully at what he had acquired.

…no, he decided, will help me!
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Yurik and Twilight came across a marsh in a small glade of the forest, continuing to run past it, hearing the sloshing of the wet ground beneath him. A hissing sound was suddenly added up ahead. Yurik managed to glance from the left corner of his eyes to see a large anaconda lunge at his abdomen. With a shout and a jump to the right, the head of the snake missed him by inches. Yurik twisted his bag about so it was over his stomach as his back slid down the mud.

“Yurik!” shouted Twilight.

As she came forwards, the anaconda turned its head and jumped at her. Twilight shrieked as she sped up into the trees, lying atop a branch and hanging on for dear life, her four legs trembling uncontrollably. Twilight watched with shuddering whimpers as she watched the snake turned back towards Yurik and began to slither and skate through the watery land.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“I activate the effect of Sacred Temple of the Idouros,” Thiago declared, pointing his arm behind him as a beam shot from the shrine and into his deck, which began to shuffle, “adding an Idouros monster from my deck to my hand! And the one I choose is…”

The deck finally stopped and ejected a card from the top of it. Thiago took it out and revealed it to Mary, showing a golden fish with an equine head as its art.

“…Idouro Piranu!”

Thiago added it back to his hand, keeping his recently drawn card intact.

“I equip my Idouro Besta Fera with the equip spell Javelin of the Idouros!” he shouted, slamming the card into his duel disk. “While equipped to an Idouros monster, my monster gains 600 DEF!”

“Another 600 DEF?” Mary shouted.

The golden spear appeared at the golden centaur’s side, and with robotic movements, the creature grabbed it with its right hand, sending a red energy coursing throughout its entire body.

DEF: 3200 -> 3800

“3800 DEF?” questioned Kieran. “Unbelievable.”

“Oh,” moaned Fluttershy, covering her eyes with her arms, “I can’t watch…”

“I now activate the effect of Idouro Besta Fera,” exclaimed Thiago, “destroying one monster you control and inflicting damage equal to the difference in its DEF and your monster’s ATK!”

Idouro Besta Fera slowly reeled its arm back, aiming and waiting for its master’s command.

“Idouro Besta Fera,” Thiago ordered, “destroy Feral Cheetah! Sunlight Spear!”

The centaur threw its weapon at Mary’s monster, who growled as it awaited its demise.

“With the difference in DEF and ATK,” calculated Alice, “along with its own other effect, Mary’s going to take 1500 points of damage!”

“Oh no…” Fluttershy squeaked.

Mary shielded herself as the spear struck her monster, the force and magical energy radiating from the spear in a red glow blasting it away, the golden, sparkling dust and bits of dirt crashing into her and bringing her down onto one knee as she weathered the explosion.

Mary’s Life Points: 3100 -> 1600

The warm and dirtied winds finally died down, and Mary stood to her feet as she roughly brushed herself off, looking straight into Thiago’s dazzled as he looked onto his screen. Upon it, he gazed at Feral Kitten’s pendulum effect on Mary’s side, chuckling as he did.

“I activate the next effect of Javelin of the Idouros,” he said. “When the monster equipped with it successfully destroys a monster through its card effect, I can destroy one face-up spell or trap card on the field, and I’ll choose your Feral Lion in your pendulum zone!”

“What?” she shouted. “No!”

The golden spear materialized back into Idouro Besta Fera’s hand, and with a hard chuck, the centaur threw its spear at the chest of Feral Lion, shattering it into sparks as well. Mary grunted as the sparks blew harmlessly into her. The spear formed back into the monster’s hand in a similar matter as before.

“And now there’s the effect of Feral Kitten,” added Thiago. “Now that there isn’t a Feral monster in your other pendulum zone, you have to shuffle that card back into your deck.”

Mary hissed with enraged eyes as her plan slowly began to unwind. The white kitten on the left side of Mary’s field screeched loudly in terror as it leapt back towards Mary, the cat turning into a smaller beam of light that flew into her deck, making it shuffle itself.

“And now you can no longer conduct any more pendulum summons!” he roared in laughter. “Let’s see you try and come back now!”

Mary looked at her lone tiger on her field, and then the two cards in her hand: her spell card and a pendulum monster. Fluttershy panted as she fanned her face with her hoof trying to keep herself together.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Yurik kept his eyes on the anaconda’s head as it continued to approach him, crawling back as fast as his legs and arms would allow. The snake squeezed its body in as it prepared to lunge. As Yurik reeled his knee into his chest, aiming the sole of his foot at the tip of the animal’s nose.

Just as the anaconda jumped and opened its mouth wide, a magenta force covered the snake and threw it into the marsh. The terrified creature slithered out and into the trees away from Yurik. Twilight flew down from the tree and landed beside Yurik on the dry edge of the forest.

“Sorry about that,” Twilight sighed, picking him up with her magic.

Yurik groaned as he looked at the right-back side of his shirt and pants, seeing a long, sloppy stripe of brown coating it.

“No blood,” sighed Yurik, “but lots of mud. Ugh…”

“Come on,” called Twilight. “We can worry about that later!”

“Right…”

Yurik and Twilight ran back into the forest, the latter staying much closer to her partner.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alice kept her eyes onto her last set card in her spell and trap zone, looking upon it like the last glimmer of hope that it was. Looking at Thiago with a regained sense of fervor, she widened her stance and moved her left arm towards her chest. Seeing Mary in her resilient pose, his laughing died down.

“You still haven’t had enough?” he asked. “Hmm. That’s fine. By next turn, it won’t really matter anymore. I end my turn.”

Status: Hand: 2 Life: 3000 Monsters: 1 Pendulum Zones: 0 Pendulum Scale:Spell/Traps: 2

“My turn!” shouted Mary, pinching the top of her deck hard. “Draw!”

Mary gasped happily at the card she was granted, staring at the large temple behind Thiago.

“I summon Feral Bobcat!” she shouted, putting her newly drawn card onto her monster zone.

From the blue portal that formed on Mary’s field, a bobcat with sandy-brown fur took its place beside Feral Tiger.

Feral Bobcat
ATK: 1500
Lvl.: 4

“And what do you think you’re going to do there?” Thiago asked, pointing at it. “That’s nowhere near as strong as your other monsters!”

“It doesn’t need to be,” said Mary. “I now activate the effect of Feral Bobcat! By tributing this card, I can destroy one face-up spell or trap card on the field!”

“Impossible!” Thiago shouted. “That means…”

“You spent a lot of time building up that field spell of yours, and now it’s time to tear it down!”

Feral Bobcat began to run out towards Thiago’s side of the field its body slowly turning into a shape of bright light.

“I destroy your Sacred Temple of the Idouros!” she shouted.

At that moment, Idouro Besta Fera threw its spear down at the transformed bobcat, causing both of them to shatter, much to Mary, Fluttershy, Alice, and Kieran’s shock and awe.

“You almost had it there,” teased Thiago, “but thanks to the final effect of Javelin of the Idouros, it can be destroyed in place of another face-up spell card, so my monster is safe!”

“But your monster’s DEF still goes back down!” spat Mary.

A stat counter appeared besides Thiago’s monster, showing its DEF as it was deducted.

DEF: 3800 -> 3200

“Regardless,” said Thiago, “my monster’s DEF is still stronger than your monster’s ATK, so you’ll still feel my monster’s wrath next turn!”

“Not if I do this,” Mary replied, turning her remaining monster card to the left.

Feral Tiger eased itself down onto its stomach, keeping its body calm and still.

ATK: 2600 -> DEF: 2200

“Hey!” Thiago shouted. “What are you doing?”

“Your monster can only inflict damage when my monster is in attack position, right?” she asked. “By switching my Feral Tiger into defense position, I’ll only take 500 damage from its other effect. That will easily give me one more turn to try and turn things around. With that, I end my turn.”

Status: Hand: 2 Life: 1600 Monsters: 1 Pendulum Zones: 0 Pendulum Scale:Spell/Traps: 3

“So you’re putting your monster into defense position to protect yourself?” Thiago cried out. “What kind of guardian do you think you are?”

“The one that knows that I can’t save everything,” Mary answered. “My deck will answer me in time. It’s been faithful to me thus far.”

“Why should someone like you deserve anyone’s faith? You let your monsters get destroyed and save yourself! I should just end this duel right now!”

“If you do that,” growled Kieran, “we’re taking Fluttershy and leaving.”

“Like hell you will!”

With a snap of his fingers, the two jaguars on the side of the field prowled back towards Mary, Alice, and Kieran. Fluttershy seeing their scared faces, adopted and angry scowl and stood between the humans and the live cats.

“Listen here, busters!” she spat, frightening the cat’s into submission. “You really want to help this meanie that would keep you inside a cage for the rest of your life?”

“Fluttershy?” asked Thiago. “What are you–”

“You be quiet, you bully!” she barked back, redirecting her attention to all of the animals inside. “Listen, my friends, I’m sorry for keeping you in here. I know Thiago and I want you to be safe, but I don’t want to do so if it will make you all sad. You deserve to be free and live a happy life, because while the world can be scary and dark, it’s certainly a lot better than being stuck in a barn.”

The animals, touched by Fluttershy’s words, all looked to each other with shamed faces as they felt the invisible walls of the barn by the digitized trees behind them.

“No!” Thiago stuttered. “Don’t listen! I’m the one that kept you safe while you were sick and wounded! I’m the one that nursed you all back to health!”

“And we’re very grateful,” Fluttershy spoke, “but now it’s time for all of us to go home.”

Thiago clenched his teeth as Fluttershy faced where the door was and began walking towards it.

“Come on,” beckoned Fluttershy. “I want to see my friends.”

“Not yet,” Mary protested, stopping the pegasus in her tracks. “He still hasn’t learned yet. We will go when he finally gets it.”

Fluttershy, understanding Mary’s intent, turned back to face the dueling field with Alice and Kieran. Thiago grunted as he strained every muscle in his face and arms as Mary continued to stand in defiance.

“Get what?” he screamed. “That I should abandon these animals?”

“That you need to free them!” Mary shouted back. “They don’t belong here. You’ve done what you can for them, and now you need to let them play the rest out!”

“Silence! I will no longer let you talk down to me about my abilities as a guardian! And now that you’re letting me continue this duel, I will show you once and for all my true strength!”

Thiago reached for his deck, his body shaking as it prayed for the right card.

“My turn!” he shouted. “Draw!”

It was a monster, restoring Thiago’s insanely jovial laughter.

“This will be the end!” he shouted, reaching for the other monster inside his hand. “I activate the second effect of my Sacred Temple of the Idouros, allowing me to fusion summon an Idouros monster from my extra deck using monsters on my field or in my hand as the xyz material!”

Mary huffed expectantly, awaiting whatever was about to appear.

“Also,” added Thiago, “the effect of my Idouro Besta Fera allows it to be treated as three fusion materials for the fusion summon of an Idouros monster!”

“Huh?” choked Mary.

“And now,” he declared, grabbing his monster from his field and both monsters from his hand and revealing them, “I send my Idouro Besta Fera treated as three individual monsters, Idouro Piranu, and Idouro Keyeme to the graveyard as the fusion materials!”

Thaigo whipped all three cards into his graveyard. Appearing beside the centaur from bright pools of light on the ground were the golden horse-headed fish as well as a long, golden serpent. All three monsters glowed brightly as they melted, forming into a spiral that flew at and into the statue at the altar.

“What monster could he be summoning that would require five monsters?” Mary asked

“Golden serpent of immense strength,” Thiago chanted, the a golden disk forming over the entrance to the shrine, “the time has come for you to descend and lay waste to all that dare to oppose you! Fusion summon!”

A shape pushed out from the disk, quickly forming into a massive draconic head that formed immediately, the rest of its body slithering out from the disk and around the sides of the pyramid twice. Fluttershy squeaked and curled up into a ball between Alice’s feet. The tail of the serpent slithered out, revealing a smaller, but similarly shaped head. The creature then looked back at Mary with both of its heads, their mouths slowly going alight.

“Arise!” finished Thiago. “Idouro Chan Chan!”

A puff of flames escaped each of their mouths, wrapping over their muzzles before they vanished, one right after the other.

Idouro Chan Chan
ATK: 0
Lvl.: 12

“What?” Mary breathed. “It’s in attack position? And it has 0 ATK? What the hell is he thinking?”

“I now activate the effect of Idouro Chan Chan,” spoke Thiago. “Once per turn, I can destroy one monster my opponent controls!”

The tail-mouth of the massive serpent began to grow bright red, filling with fire.

“I still won’t take damage since Feral Tiger’s in in defense position!” shouted Mary.

“That’s where you’re wrong,” he responded. “When Idouro Chan Chan destroys a monster, damage is inflicted equal to the original ATK of that monster, regardless of what position it’s in!”

“No– No way!”

“Idouro Chan Chan, destroy Mary’s Feral Tiger and take out the rest of her life points! Final Fire!”

With the flames pouring out the dragon’s mouth, it finally blew out a massive fireball that headed straight towards the large cat.

“It’s over now!” he yelled.

“Not yet, it’s not!” Mary responded. “I activate my face-down quick-play spell card, Feral Nourishing Nip!”

The art on the card flipping up, showed a cloudy image of Feral Kitten rubbing its body against a leafy plant in pure bliss.

“When this card is activated, I can tribute one Feral monster I control and gain life points equal to its ATK!”

“What did you say?” shrieked Thiago.

“So now, Feral Tiger won’t be destroyed by your monster’s effect…”

Feral Tiger dipped its head down as it burst into a fog filled with crumbled, dried leaves, making the flames strike the ground just below, blowing the mist onto Mary.

“…and I restore my life points,” she concluded.

Mary took in a hefty whiff, enjoying the toasted scent of the slightly burned leaves as they gave her new life.

Mary’s Life Points: 1600 -> 4200

Fluttershy took a pleasant sigh of relief as the scent of the leaves reached her, relaxing her once again. Alice and Mary smiled slightly, impressed by Mary’s sudden comeback.

“Damn you…” gurgled Thiago. “Damn you, damn you.”

“So now that you’ve wasted your monster’s effect,” spoke Mary, “you can end your turn no–”

“Shut up!” Thiago yelled, suddenly smiling. “Your field is now empty, Mary.”

Mary held her breath, shocked to hear Thiago’s reaction.

“You probably thought I made a mistake in summoning my monster in attack position, don’t you?” he asked. “I didn’t! Just watch! Battle! Idouro Chan Chan, attack Mary directly!”

The gold creature’s true head lunged out from the pyramid and set it beside Thiago, its mouth igniting.

“Battle?” Alice questioned. “With 0 ATK?”

“The other effect of my Idouros Chan Chan now activates! When this monster declares an attack, it’s ATK is switched with its DEF until the end phase.”

The eyes of the serpent began to glow red as more fire began to swirl about inside its mouth.

ATK: 0 -> 4000

“4000 ATK?” gasped Mary.

“And now that you have no Feral monsters on your field, you cannot protect yourself with your King’s Roaring trap.”

“Oh…” quivered Mary. “Oh my god…”

“Idouros Chan Chan, devastate her! Molten Macabre Blast!”

The creature opened its mouth wide, a pillar of fire exploding out from its throat. Mary quickly put her arms to her face as the heat and force threw her off her feet, making her scream in agony as her skin felt the intense burning.

Mary’s Life Points: 4200 -> 200

Mary slid on her lower back, just managing to keep her torso up as she slid into a large rock positioned behind her and stopped abruptly. With something to rest on, Mary limply leaned back into the side of the boulder and breathed slowly.

“Oh no!” cried Fluttershy. “Mary! Mary!”

Mary opened her eyes to see Fluttershy set herself down upon her legs, nudging her legs as she looked into her eyes.

“Fluttershy,” she wheezed.

“Are you hurt?” she asked concernedly. “Please tell me you’re alright.”

Thiago kept his gaze at Mary, waiting for her to make her own decision.

“Fluttershy,” Mary softly spoke, “please…”

“You didn’t break anything, did you? Does it hurt anywh–”

“Fluttershy, please get off of me. I need to finish this.”

“Oh? Oh, I’m sorry…”

Fluttershy scuttled away as Mary pushed herself back and scooted up the stone, much to Thiago’s chagrin. Thrusting her body forwards from the rock, she finally got back up to her feet, walking back to her spot on the field. Alice and Kieran nodded in support of her strength while Fluttershy rejoined Alice’s side to see the rest of the duel out.

“So,” sighed Thiago, “you really still have faith in winning this?”

“I do,” she huffed. “If everything goes right next turn, I might finally prove my point.”

“What point do you think you have? All of your monsters have been destroyed by mine. Much like you want to do with these animals, you’re just sending yours out to die!”

“And much like what you do to these animals, you underestimate my monsters’ strength.”

“What was that?”

“Animals get sick. Animals get hurt. Many survive through it, some don’t. It’s just the way of life. It’s been going on since long before either of us were born. These animals have the ability to endure such hardships, much like my monsters.”

“How is that? They have been destroyed, there’s nothing left for them now!”

“Don’t forget, two of the monsters you destroyed were pendulum monsters, so they’re merely sitting in my extra deck, waiting to be summoned back again.”

“But you have no pendulum monsters on your field! I don’t know what delusion makes you think you still have a chance at victory, but there is no coming back from this.”

Thiago plucked his last card from his hand and slipped it into his duel disk.

“I place one card face down,” he said as the backing appeared on the ground. “During the end phase, my monster’s ATK returns to normal.”

Mary kept watch at the golden serpent, its stat counter appearing in front of it as it receded back towards the temple.

ATK: 4000 -> 0

“I end my turn,” he spoke.

Status: Hand: 0 Life: 3000 Monsters: 1 Pendulum Zones: 0 Pendulum Scale:Spell/Traps: 2

Just try and attack my seemingly defenseless monster, thought Thiago with a smile as he looked down at his set card. It will be the last mistake you’ll make!

Mary looked at Thiago as he formulated his plan.

There’s definitely something about that card he just set, Mary formulated. It’s obvious he’s luring me in to attack with his monster at 0 ATK. Either way, she thought, reaching for this deck. The last hope I have to win this duel will come from this draw. If I can do it, my victory is guaranteed!

Mary put her fingers atop her deck, turning to look at Alice and Kieran as they smiled and nodded in their approval. She then peered down to Fluttershy, who sported the bravest smile she could for her. With the strength she received from her friends, her fingers pinched atop the card.

“Here we go!” Mary shouted. “My turn! Draw!”

She looked up at her hand, yet another pendulum monster featuring a lion cub. The number that appeared beside the red gem on the side was a 10, making Mary gasp with excitement. With the card still in her hand, she reached for the other pendulum monster in her hand, grabbing it and revealing them both to a now terrified Thiago.

No! he thought. She already had another pendulum monster in her hand?

“I set the pendulum scale with the scale 3 Feral Cougar and scale 10 Feral Cub!” she declared, throwing both monsters onto the outer zones of her blades.

Two pillars formed from the sides of Mary’s field as the sky grew darker and the pointed star faded in beneath the forming clouds. Coming up from the ground inside the pillars was a sand-colored cougar and the lion cub from her drawn card, a 3 and a 10 appearing directly above them.

Feral Cougar
Pendulum Scale: 3

Feral Cub
Pendulum Scale: 10

“While Feral Cub is in the pendulum zone,” explained Mary, “the pendulum scale of any other card in my pendulum zone is doubled.”

A blue aura surrounded Feral Cougar, mewing as it felt the energy upon it.

Pendulum Scale: 3 -> 6

“Her monsters in her extra deck were already level 7 and 8,” growled Thiago. “She can still summon them.”

“I can now special summon monsters from my hand or extra deck whose levels are 7 through 9. Pendulum summon!”

Two of Mary’s monsters ejected from her extra deck slot of her blade disk, allowing her to take them out with a whip of her arm, followed by a swipe over her blades, both monsters being placed onto her monsters zones. Below the star in the sky, the red portal spread out with two orange beams of light flying down from it and onto Mary’s field.

“Return!” called Mary. “Feral Lion! Feral Tiger!”

The dust finally settled to reveal both cats standing where they beams had landed, their threatening gurgles not affecting Thiago or his monster.

Feral Lion
ATK: 2800
Lvl.: 8

Feral Tiger
ATK: 2600
Lvl.: 7

Come on, begged Thiago, trying to conceal his excited smile. Attack me. You know you want to!

Mary, ignoring him, grabbed her final card from her hand, smirking as she prepared to reveal it.

“I activate the spell card Call of the King,” she said, reaching her arm with the card facing him, “shuffling Feral Lion and Feral Tiger into my main deck to fusion summon one monster from my extra deck who lists both of those cards as fusion materials.”

“Impossible,” gasped Thiago. “She can fusion summon monsters too?”

“I now shuffle my two monsters into my deck!” she said, showing both of her monsters to him.

Once she placed them onto her deck, the cards began to shuffle and Feral Lion and Feral Tiger roared loudly, both fading into bright beams that flew out into the sky. Thiago looked nervously above as the sky began to darken with grey clouds.

“Ruler of the Feral domain,” chanted Mary, “retain your dominance and cast these intruders from this place! Fusion summon!”

A bolt of lightning struck down from the sky as the light formed into a massive white cat standing upright with subtle white stripes, its body sharing similarities of a lion and a tiger.

“Appear before me!” she cried. “Feral King Liger!”

The liger’s front paws fell forward and leaned up as it let a massive roar out into the sky, much to the sheer wonder of Alice and Fluttershy.

Feral King Liger
ATK: 3000
Lvl.: 10

“3000 ATK?” Thiago questioned. “If this attack goes through, she’ll gain a perfect victory. Those hundred life points…”

“Battle!” shouted Mary, pointing her monster to its prey. “Feral King Liger, attack Idouro Chan Chan!”

The hybrid cat reeled back before it began its run at the massive golden serpent, tensing Thiago up as his life points were put into jeopardy.

“Come on, Mary!” cheered Fluttershy surprisingly loud. “You can do this!”

Thiago’s face scowled upon hearing the pegasus’s voice, looking back down at his field.

“I activate my trap, Resistance of the Idouros!” he shouted, showing art of Idouro Chan Chan curled into a tight coil. “This card lets me target an attack position Idouro monster and switch it into defense position.”

“What?” Alice gasped. “No way!”

“That will be more than enough to take out the rest of your life points!”

Idouro Chan Chan moved its body around the pyramid so that both of its heads were placed on the sides of the structure and two portions of its body were now set on the front, one on top of the other. The serpent hissed in a taunting manner as the cat continued its pursuit.

ATK: 0 -> DEF: 4000

“Ah!” screamed Fluttershy, her hooves on her cheeks. “Mary!”

“The effect of my Feral King Liger now activates!” Mary exclaimed, undaunted. “Any card this monster battles has its ATK and DEF reduced to 0 until the end phase.”

As Feral King Liger ran, it let out a roar with several visible pulses coming from its throat. The pulses struck Thiago’s monster, visibly affecting it as its grip around the pyramid grew more slack and weak.

DEF: 4000 -> 0

“What?” Thiago shrieked with a cracking voice. “It can’t be! Her monster’s actually stronger than mine! My Idouro Chan Chan…”

“Finally,” Mary declared, “when this monster attacks a defense position monster, this card inflicts piercing damage!”

“Impossível! Pare, por favor! Tenha piedade!!”

“Finish this, Feral King Liger! Slash of Pride!”

Feral Tiger lunged up at the serpent’s body at the temple’s front, it’s paw raised up high as it slashed down on both visible parts of its body, leaving large gashes on them that began to glow brightly. With gusto, the liger ran back as the serpent began to explode from the cuts in its body out like a massive fuse.

Thiago turned around to watch as his creature burst all about, blowing large pieces of the pyramid away with it. The explosions reached both heads, and as they glowed brightly, the two heads roared before they both exploded with a much stronger force, completely obliterating the temple. Thiago was blown onto his back by the force as he screamed out in anguish.

Thiago’s Life Points: 3000 -> 0

Mary wins.

Thiago landed hard as he slide to a stop in front of Mary. The animals around the barn cheered and applauded loudly, congratulating Mary in her victory. Mary stood petrified, still unable to grasp what she had done, even as the battle field setting faded away to reveal the interior of the barn. Fluttershy and Alice looked massively impressed while Kieran crossed his arms and smiled at a job well done.

“Holy hell,” breathed Alice. “She won.”

Mary sighed in sheer relief as she removed her fusion monster card from her zone and placed it into her extra deck. Thiago continued looking up at the roof, the noises of the animals around him muted in his reflection of his loss. The blades on both Thiago and Mary’s blade disks receded back into the light fixtures, Mary catching hers and placing it onto her duel disk while Thiago’s dropped to the ground.

“Mary!” shouted Yurik’s voice just outside.

“Fluttershy!” cried Twilight.

Fluttershy’s ears perked up at the familiar voice.

“Twilight?” she called out, looking to the entrance.

The door to the barn was pulled open, revealing Yurik standing there as Twilight galloped inside, both her and Fluttershy’s faces going alight as they saw each other.

“Fluttershy!” Twilight shouted, running up to her.

Fluttershy let out two choked sobs as she threw her arms open for her oncoming friend. Twilight spread her wings as she gripped Fluttershy tight around her torso, flying up in the air and twirling her around.

“Twilight!” wept Fluttershy, tears pouring down her face. “I’m so glad you’re here!”

Walt and Rainbow Dash soon entered the barn, the latter seeing Twilight and Fluttershy in their embrace.

“Fluttershy!” she shouted joyously.

Rocketing up to them, Rainbow Dash wrapped her arms around both of them, Fluttershy crying happily.

“I missed you so much!” Rainbow Dash spoke, trying to mask her own sobs.

Yurik and Walt looked up at their reunion with warm smiles. Walt looked down at Yurik’s back, noting the streak of mud all along his right side.

“You look like crap,” he greeted.

“You’re a sight for sore eyes yourself,” Yurik responded, seeing the entire brown front of Walt’s clothes.

Mary, seeing the two standing at the entrance, ran up to them and laughed, excited to tell them her tale.

“Guys!” she shouted. “You missed the best duel!”

“Duel?” asked Yurik.

“She was truly splendid,” piped up Kieran, walking towards them with Alice. “She really proved herself a very strong and steadfast duelist.”

“She kicked so much ass, guys!” said Alice. “You really missed out.”

“In fact,” Kieran said, facing Mary, “I think you might actually make an invaluable addition to the team.”

“Huh?” she asked him. “Are you saying…”

“I am inviting you to become a member of the Guardiaboliques, Mary. Do you accept?”

Mary looked down to see Kieran extend his palm for an agreement. With a smirk, she placed her hand atop the side of his and pushed down.

“I appreciate it,” she said, “but I don’t think I can survive another mission like this.”

“I understand,” he softly responded. “However, we will still be keeping an eye out for you. You have our deepest respect.”

“Thank you either way for bringing me along, Kieran.”

As Yurik and his friends continued talking, and the ponies fluttered down to the ground to talk, Thiago hadn’t moved from his spot, his eyes still up at the ceiling.

Even after all of that, he thought, she still turned out to be the strongest. Even after monster after monster was destroyed, she came back. Perhaps… these animals around me do have the same chance….

Thiago lifted himself up to a sitting position, alerting Fluttershy and the ponies at the back end of the barn as they watched him slide his duel disk off his wrist and next to his blade. Once he stood up and began walking to the door, Mary, Alice, and Kieran looked at him with suspicious contempt while Yurik and Walt looked much more passive. However, the angered faces of the former three died out when they saw the emotionally drained look on his face, especially as he walked around them as if they were never there.

The animals also watched Thiago as he made his way for the door, unsure of his intentions. Putting his hands on the door, he pushed it open, the orange late-afternoon sun streaming in. He wearily stepped to the other door, and with another push, it swung open allowing more light inside. With a slow turn, he looked to face the other humans, ponies, and animals inside the barn.

“You’re free now,” he spoke. “You are all well enough to live life where you belong. I’m sorry for…”

As he tried to continue his words, he bowed his head down and clenched his teeth and eyes, two tears escaping from them as they dripped down his nose. Immediately, the two jaguars walked up towards him in a line. Thiago could neither see nor hear them as his tears continued rolling.

Just then, one of the jaguars rubbed the top of its head against the front of Thiago’s waist, making him open his eyes as he watched the cat run its body against his in affection as it walked past him and out the door back into the wild.

Thiago watched as the second jaguar too rubbed its body against Thiago’s, purring loudly. Thiago couldn’t stifle a chuckle as he placed his hand atop the jaguar’s back, his fingers running through its fur as it walked away and out the door. Then, all at once, the rest of the animals began to pour down from the rafters and line up towards Thiago.

Fluttershy and Mary both watched from their respective spots as two howler monkeys climbed up Thiago’s legs and wrapped their arms around his torso before they ran off out of the barn. Fluttershy walked from her friends and towards Thiago as a toucan perched itself onto his shoulder and ran its beak against his cheek before flying away.

Thiago then felt Fluttershy’s head and mane come beneath his hand as she stood next to her. Mary watched in both relief and appreciation as she watched the two of them bid their animal friends farewell as they set back off into the wild.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Mary sat on Yurik’s bed as she watched a much cleaner, groomed, and happy Fluttershy be surrounded by her friends, including Pinkie Pie and Applejack. Yurik sat beside his friend while Walt and Alice stood out in the doorway.

“It’s good to have you back, Fluttershy,” stated Applejack.

“All we have left now is Rarity and Spike,” added Rainbow Dash, “and then we can go home!”

“And it’s all thanks to you guys,” Twilight said, looking to Yurik, Mary, and Walt. “I’m certain Princess Celestia will be very happy with the Guardiaboliques for all you’ve done for us.”

“It’s…” Yurik said, waving his hand, “it’s nothing, really. I’d feel terrible for not helping.”

“But let’s not forget Mary,” Walt said, motioning to her. “Without her, we wouldn’t have Fluttershy, even if we don’t know exactly how she did it.”

“I do,” Alice said.

The others chuckled affirmatively, as Mary stood up from Yurik’s bed.

“And I too was happy to help,” replied Mary. “I’m sorry, but I need to return home to feed my cats. I’ll see you all again hopefully.”

As she began to walk to the door, the soft coo of Fluttershy’s voice stopped her and turned her towards the pegasus.

“I’m…” she said, “I’m sorry if this sounds like too much…”

“Yes?” asked Mary.

“…Can I stay with you? I mean,” Fluttershy said, turning to her pony friends, “not that I stopped liking you guys…”

“Don’t be silly, Fluttershy,” chirped Pinkie Pie, “because that’s my job!”

“So… does that mean…”

“Fluttershy,” said Twilight, “whether Mary wants you to stay is her decision to make.”

“Of course you can,” Mary responded gleefully. “Like I said, my mom and dad are big supporters of the Guardiaboliques, and I’m sure they’d be more than delighted with the extra company.”

“Yes!” cheered Fluttershy, hopping up and hugging Mary tight. “I can’t wait to meet your family!”

Twilight and Yurik smiled happily at Fluttershy’s joy and Mary’s returning of the embrace.

“Trust me,” Mary laughed, “they won’t wait to meet you too.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Mary and Fluttershy stepped inside the former’s house, instantly being greeted by Johan as it meowed loudly and descended the stairs right in front of them. Fluttershy screamed with excitement as the cat walked up to her and sniffed her curiously.

“Oh, he’s so cute!” she squeaked, the cat now rubbing against her foreleg lovingly. “What’s his name?”

“Johann,” Mary answered. “Come on, I’ll introduce you to the rest of them.”

Mary began walking up the stairs, Johann and Fluttershy eagerly following her.

“Where did you get the name Johann?” she asked.

“My father rescued it from a run-down shelter while he was on a mission in Johannesburg,” Mary responded.

As the three of them turned into the hallway, a collection of mews were heard by more cats awaiting them as they approached.

“Ah!” Fluttershy squealed. “Oh my goodness!”

Author's Note:

Featured Card:

Feral King Liger
EARTH
Level: 10
Beast/Fusion/Effect

"Feral Lion" + "Feral Tiger"

Must be Fusion Summoned by "Call of the King" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card attacks an opponent's monster: the ATK and DEF of the attack target become 0 until the End Phase. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. This card is unaffected by card effects that do not target it.

ATK: 3000
DEF: 3000

PreviousChapters Next