• Published 9th May 2014
  • 3,400 Views, 173 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! P†H - moviemaster8510



In an alternate reality in which dueling is Earth's greatest pastime, one duelist receives a mysterious card that unlocks his destiny that will lead him to becoming the savior of two worlds...

  • ...
29
 173
 3,400

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 28: Sunset on Equestria

Yurik and Walt stepped into their house, each with a suitcase kept in their hands. Following them was Clark, leading a reluctant grey pitbull towards the front door.

“Come on, boy,” urged Clark, his voice being the only force beckoning him forwards.

Fluttershy peeked beyond the door’s frame and cooed the dog forwards with a fanning of her hoof and her soft voice.

“Come on, Mr. Doggy,” she cooed sweetly. “Bette and her family are going to take really good care of you.”

Almost as if hypnotized, the dog trotted around Clark and pulled him the rest of the way into the house. The dog sat with a wagging tail in front of Fluttershy and liberally licked her face, which she seemed to heavily enjoy.

“Looks like someone’s happy in their new home,” she said to both the dog and the others around her.

“I appreciate what you guys are doing,” Clark said, “but I’m only staying here until Yurik and his friends defeat Chrysalis and whoever else she’s working with… or for.”

“Just how do you think she could have gotten that dragon card?” Walt wondered, setting a bag on one of the stairway steps.

“I don’t know. I called the sheriff’s office and told any officers to track any leads to where Lee might have been when he received the card or anything else suspicious.”

“She very well may have turned into a human and gave him the card as a disguise,” Yurik reasoned.

“Highly unlikely,” Twilight replied, speaking from the top of the stairs as she came down to join them. “While Chrysalis’s appearance-changing abilities are indeed something, I’ve done some research on changelings, and there has never been a reported changeling that has transformed their appearance into a bipedal creature, such as an adolescent dragon or a minotaur.”

“Then who do you think could have done this?” asked Walt. “No way a non-human could just walk up to him and give him that card without drawing attention.”

“Unless she met him in a private place where there wouldn’t be any cameras,” suggested Yurik.

“That’s just what we’re trying to figure out,” Clark said. “As helpful as your magic is for us, it’s also their greatest strength too.”

“Right. They can trip us up at any turn. We need to come up with a plan to combat them.”

“Like what?” Walt asked.

“The big problem is that both options present big flaws.”

“And they are?...”

“We can either keep them all here with us at home, but if we do that, we only increase the odds of them taking all the ponies away in one fell swoop.”

“But they weren’t necessarily after us,” Twilight said. “They’re after our Elements of Harmony. If this is the case, they’ll need you too, Yurik.”

“But I’ll be under the same roof as you guys, and that could still allow Chrysalis to try and take us. If she managed to coerce a feared and respected city cop, imagine how many others she and whoever else is with her can pit against us.”

“But if we split them up,” Clark said, “that’s only going to be a couple guardians per household, and they could very easily take the ponies one by one if that’s what they’d need to do.”

“Plus,” Twilight added, “we need all of the bearers of the Elements to be together if we want to use them. I’m confident that with their power, we can stand strong against our enemies.”

“And that’s what we’re going to do?” confirmed Yurik.

Twilight, Clark, and Walt gave a nod, agreed on the arrangement.

“Very well,” Yurik sighed, grabbing Clark’s bag and heading upstairs. “I just think we deserve to grant Mary some visitation periods for Fluttershy.”

Walt and Clark followed him up, followed by Twilight and Fluttershy, smiling slightly at the thought of her friend.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunset Shimmer sat on Celestia’s throne, herself being the only one inside the room a trio of decks floating beside her in a light-blue aura. With a flick of her wrist, a deck would fly out in front of her and spread out into an eight by five grid. Observing and scanning the deck with both her eyes and an outstretched finger, her face went into an angry scowl.

“No,” she huffed, flinging her arm back out to the side.

In response, the cards to the deck were thrown to the side of the room, scattering to the floor like loose leaves. She brought forth the next deck, spreading it out like the last and looking through it quickly.

“No!” she said louder, her throwing motion much more violent.

The cards were gusted to the floor with the others as Sunset went through the other deck, growling loudly as she tossed it aside with the others. Angrily standing up, she walked down to the floor of the room, stopping just ahead of the base for the throne and closing her eyes in concentration.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Lee tossed his white shirt and belt on his bed, sitting along its front edge and reaching for the remote beside him. Turning on the power button, the TV came to life, bringing up an episode of Let’s Make a Deal, featuring an audience of bright and goofy costumed crowd of people. As Lee, exhaled and relaxed his sit, he began to turn up the volume.

“Enjoying yourself?” Sunset’s voice asked, annoyed.

Lee’s eyes shot open as he jerked around to see Sunset in her sweatshirt and jeans outfit lying on his bed. Lee barked in fear and jolted to his feet.

“How the hell did you get in my house?” he shouted, pointing the remote at her.

“You tell me,” she asked, slowing down her voice.

Suddenly, the gears in Lee’s head turned, allowing him to process the familiarity of her voice.

“You’re…” he sputtered, his eyes narrowing into reptilian slits, “you’re… Sunset Shimmer!”

“And you’re not doing very good at your job,” she said, her hand reaching out towards the remote.

To Lee’s shock, the remote flew from his hand and into hers, and with a point and a click, the television had turned off.

“Boring…” she moaned to the now blank screen.

“What do you need from me, master?” he asked breathily.

“A couple of things,” Sunset responded, reaching into the neck of her sweatshirt and pulling out a tablet, handing it to Lee. “I did a little searching, and I found some people related to those children that could make useful soldiers for our army.”

“Related?” Lee wondered, looking through several Facebook tabs for Yurik, Walt, and Mary.

“Strangely enough, I had originally recruited you because of your prestige within the police and your sense of honor and distaste towards criminals. However, it seems that you and that girl, Alice Ross, have some history with each other.”

“Huh? How did you…”

“That card I gave you, it allows me to form a mental link with you. It allows me to read your past and present. It’s how I knew to find you here.”

Lee huffed, realizing there was nothing to do about this.

“She was named the Black Widow,” she continued, “and you had a duel in which you could have beat her and brought her to justice. However…”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alice’s motorcycle ran into the guardrail of Lakeshore Dr., making her grunt as she struggled to maintain control.

Alice’s Life Points: 900 -> 500

Lee smirked as he rode his patrol car right up behind Alice’s bike, looking at her intently through his windshield. His Deputy of Darkness mounted the hood of his car, staring Alice down for the upcoming attack.

Deputy of Darkness – Samael
ATK: 2600
Lvl.: 6

“This is it now!” Lee cried out. “Deputy of Darkness, attack the Black Widow directly! Cannibal Club!”

The demon leapt from the top of the car, its weapon raised above his head. The club came down hard, striking Alice hard in the back, making her wail in pain.

Alice’s Life Points: 500 -> 0

Alice slumped over her handlebars, barely holding on to consciousness as she tried to avoid the guardrails once again. With the duel over, Deputy of Darkness dispersed in a blast of yellow sparks. Lee chuckled as his car closed in.

“Now to take you once and for–” he said before a black shape slipped in between him and the side guardrail.

Alice couldn’t hold on any longer, falling onto the gas tank of the bike and veering into the traffic. The black biker ran into Alice’s right, blocking the bike’s path from the cars. With a quick hoist, the biker picked Alice up by the bicep and tossed her behind him, landing her on his back seat. Lee watched in horror as Alice and the biker sped away while Alice’s bike, without a rider, turned back right and crashed violently into the guardrail, flipping out into an empty grassy park.

Lee pulled through the traffic and slammed the brakes upon reaching the very side. He ran from his car, to the concrete barrier, staring at the smoking wreck that was Alice’s bike.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“I won’t let her escape again!” Lee exclaimed with shamefully clenched eyes.

“Really?” Sunset asked mockingly. “Because it seems you did this morning when you lost to that other cop.”

“No! I want to take her back in myself. It will mean nothing unless she’s brought in with my cuffs on her wrists.”

Sunset looked taken aback, but regained herself with a proud smirk.

“That’s the spirit,” she responded. “Now, I want you to give the following cards to the following people.”

Lee looked back to the tablet, looking at the faces of a couple of teenaged boys, girls, along with a couple of older men and women too, a card next to their names and addresses.

“The reason the people need to have connections to those kids is so that they can be pushed to attack them. I did some snooping, and each of these people have had altercations in the past with the members of those children that were held at that prison. Whether it be through Facebook posts, tweets, and in a couple of cases, arrest records, it’s given me enough reason that they would be suitable for my cause.”

“But why people they know?” asked Lee. “Wouldn’t it be better to do this to strangers that we can use to trip them up?”

“If they don’t know them, it won’t work. Like I said, there’s bad blood between these people and the children involved in the Guardiaboliques. Unless there’s those feelings of animosity, I cannot bring back their rage. It would literally be like boiling water without water.”

“Okay! I got ya’! But I’m looking at these addresses, and a couple are out of state!”

“Not an issue. Here, take these.”

Lee looked down, already finding a small stack of cards with a leather ruby-studded bracelet placed upon it.

“I’m guessing those are the cards I need to deliver,” Lee commented, “but what about the bracelet.”

“It will allow me to channel my magic to you,” Sunset explained. “Once you’re finished delivering the cards to these local people, I shall use my magic to transport you to the more faraway places.”

“And you’re sure it will work?” Lee asked, already strapping the bracelet on.

“Absolutely. I can read your thoughts, even from Equestria. Just think to me, and I’ll do the rest. By the time you’re done, you might even make it back for your primetime sitcom.”

Lee groaned at the remark, and just as Sunset turned to leave, she faced him once again.

“Oh, I almost completely forgot,” she said, the seriousness hissing from her voice, “I need you to find me the best deck that money can buy.”

Lee looked vulnerably nonplussed, looking to the sides for a proper answer.

“Any deck in particular?” he asked.

“The kind of deck one can conquer worlds with…” she responded. “Surely this world has to have some strong decks in it. And don’t worry about the price. I’ll pay you back handsomely… with interest.”

Lee mustered the strength to nod before her.

“I will do my absolute best,” he promised.

“Very good,” Sunset responded. “Be quick with this. There’s something I need to do with it by nightfall.

“Of course…”

“Good. I will hear from you soon…”

Lee found himself blinking, only for Sunset to be gone from his room once his eyes opened back up. He looked around him, looking for any sign of her, finding only the tablet and the cards she had given him. Realizing she had left, he picked the tablet back up, browsing through his targets.

He stopped on a picture of a bald-headed man with a gruff, slightly-wizened face, its mouth revealing apparent sadness and anger. Looking at the man closer, he began to chuckle in glee.

“Oh, is this going to be a shocker for that boy…” he muttered.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Walt and Yurik walked into their lavish dining room with large glass bowls containing potato salad and steaming green beans. The table was extended out, leaving ample room for each of the ponies, as well as Spike, Bette, and Evey, along with two empty chairs for Yurik and Walt. On the tables were glasses of water a couple cans of soda belonging to Pinkie Pie and Twilight. In the table’s center was a plate carrying a large, massive, sliced meatloaf with a ketchup glazed around the edges of each slice.

“Finally!” Applejack exclaimed happily. “I’m starved!”

“You and us all,” Walt responded, placing the bowls on the table with Yurik. “Now, Yurik, I think you should say grace for us all.”

Yurik looked to Walt as he sat down, already putting his hands together. He then looked to all of the ponies, looking to him with a sense of hope and reverence. Yurik sighed as he took his empty seat next to Evey and Applejack. Bette and Evey put their hands together while Clark laid both of his arms on the edge of the table.

The ponies finally put their hooves on the edge of the table, closing their eyes reflectively and waiting for Yurik to begin. Yurik then clasped his hands and supported his head on them, breathing in.

“Thank you for this meal that we are about to receive,” said Yurik, “and thank you for allowing us to share this meal in the company of my great friends.”

Unbeknownst to Yurik, Twilight and Pinkie Pie smiled warmly at their inclusion.

“I can only hope that with everyone’s help,” Yurik continued, “that we can return my friends back to their home where they truly belong. I hope that you can grant them as safe a return as possible, and I pray that this time it will finally be done. Amen.”

“Amen,” Clark, Walt, Evey, and Bette, responded.

Walt and Evey began to reach for a slice of meat with their forks as Twilight used her magic to scoop a liberal helping of potato salad and green beans on the plates of her pony friends. Twilight also managed to put a smaller slice of meatloaf on Spike’s plate, much to the dragon’s mouthwatering delight.

“Wow,” Pinkie Pie commented, “who knew saying a five-letter word could take so long?”

Yurik chuckled as he reached for a bowl of green beans. However, a small amount of green beans was already lifted from the bowl by a magenta aura. Along with it, a mound of potato salad and a slice of meatloaf accompanied it. As it was delicately and intricately placed on his plate, Yurik turned to see Twilight, smiling at him with appreciation.

“That was really nice what you said,” said Twilight. “And don’t worry, I’m certain we’ll succeed this time too.”

Yurik nodded and directed his attention to his dinner. As he cut his meat with his fork, Twilight looked back over to see as Yurik continued absentmindedly halving the new pieces that he cut for himself, all until there was nothing that Yurik could either spear or even scoop up. Spike, sitting across from Twilight, also couldn’t help but notice Yurik’s behavior.

“Whoa,” Spike said, “what’s up with him?”

Yurik, having heard him, stopped cutting his food, and seeing what he had reduced his meat to, took a sigh of frustration and embarrassment. The present humans and ponies also looked to him, drawn to the sound of his sigh.

“Sorry,” Yurik said. “As much as I want to get Twilight and her friends back safely, I know it won’t be that easy.”

“Huh?” Rainbow Dash quietly squeaked.

“Our enemies sent a cop, a very dangerous one at that, to try and keep us in prison. I can only imagine who they’ll send now that we’re here, safe… well as safe as one can be in my home.”

“Yurik,” Walt breathed, “please, not here…”

“Walt!” Yurik exclaimed, shocking his friend. “If they sent the Deputy of Darkness himself to try and stop us, they’re clearly going to stop at nothing to make sure that their plan succeeds… whatever it may be…”

“Yurik,” Clark said, “I understand how frightened you are about going on with this, but until one of them breaks in right now and tries to take the ponies away or harm them in any way, the least you can do is enjoy your dinner with your family and friends.”

Yurik, looked around the table, seeing the concerned looks of everyone about him. Realizing the anxious tightness in his fists, he relaxed his arms and slowly sat back down.

“Forgive me,” he said. “I was hoping to be done with all of this this morning, and now everyone’s in danger once again…”

“Yurik,” chuckled Rarity, “we’ve all got you, Walt, the Guardiaboliques, and the rest of us here.”

“I doubt anyone’s going to beat those odds,” Applejack added.

“We just have to be even stronger than them!” Pinkie Pie joked. “Get it?” she then whispered to Fluttershy, who could only shrug confusedly.

“Yurik,” Twilight summarized, “you don’t need to be afraid for our sake. We can all manage whatever comes against us. We always have.”

Yurik smiled, feeling strengthened by the reinforcement of his friends.

“Like I said,” Yurik spoke, a light smile on his face, “please forgive me…”

Yurik grabbed his minced meat from his plate hand held his balled hand behind him, letting out a calling whistle. The feet of Clark’s pitbull came towards the table, and once the dog reached Yurik’s hand, he began licking the bottom of the fist, trying to squeeze his tongue inside. Yurik rolled his hand over and presented his meat, allowing the dog lick Yurik’s hand clean, much to Clark’s amusement.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunset Shimmer sat in a wide, comfortable position on Celestia’s throne, watching the night sky with the room lit by lit torches along the walls. Suddenly her vision went wide, as if she had heard something. Understanding it, she clenched her hands, making them glow slightly. Suddenly, in a luminous, graceful flash, Lee appeared in the room with five other people. Three of them appeared to be teenagers: two males and a female.

The first male appeared to be a slender Indian wearing a dark-purple polo and blue jeans. A KA-BAR knife was affixed to the side of his hip via a sheath. The other male looked arguably in his early twenties, appearing muscular and mature with short brown hair, wearing a Chicago Blackhawks jersey with a white long-sleeved shirt underneath, as well as black pants. The female had medium blonde-hair and wore a grey-blouse with an enlarged hole for the neck that uncovered her shoulder, along with tight khaki pants.

“Whoa,” the Indian man said, his eyes flickering with reptilian features. “So this is Equestria, huh? Not bad. Not bad…”

The other two people appeared much older. The first male appeared to be an eastern-European man with a porcelain mask on the left side of his face that appeared to mirror the features on the otherwise flawless right side. He appeared to be wearing an all-black shirt and vest outfit with a blood-red tie. The other male was the gruff bald man from the picture that Lee had found earlier that morning, wearing a dirty tank-top and baggy khaki pants. Both he and the man beside him looked oddly.

“And to think,” the masked man said in a noticeable accent, “I never thought I’d ever step foot on this world’s soil.”

The others continued to marvel about them as Sunset and Lee approached each other. Immediately, Lee’s arm went up, revealing a deck put into his hand.

“Let’s see how you did,” Sunset said, taking the deck.

Lee merely smirked as he watched Sunset cast the deck out into the grid looking over each card intently. With each new movement of her eyes, her jaw visibly dropped more and more, only making Lee’s smile even wider. By the time she was finished, the deck reformed into a single stack into her hand, which trembled with anticipation.

“This deck…” she muttered. “It’s perfect! Just where did you get it?”

“Let’s just say I had to knock some heads,” Lee responded nonchalantly. “The deck you hold in your hand is the only copy in existence, and there’s a good reason for it. Apparently, some rich guy paid top dollar to have a deck like this created, and now it’s yours, master.”

Sunset revealed a toothy smile, putting her hand upon Lee’s shoulder.

“You have done very well,” she said, “but let’s see if everything is correct here. Everyone!”

At once, the attentions of the three teenagers and older men darted directly at her, and with equal swiftness, they stood beside each other in a straight line.

“Very good,” Sunset complimented, facing the Indian teen on the very left side of the line. “You,” she said, “tell me your name and show me your card.”

The male stepped forwards and slipped a card out from his back pocket, showing a purple card.

“Zaid Pawar,” he reported.

Next in line was the female who stepped forwards with her card, a pendulum card.

“Erica Oakley,” she said.

In the center was the other male teen, stepping forwards to show Sunset an xyz monster.

“Cory Bramlett,” he spoke.

Stepping up after him was the masked man with another fusion monster card.

“Rikard Byrne,” he said

Finally, the bald man stepped up and back into line with the other four people, lifting his arm up to show a synchro monster card.

“Colin Faber,” he responded.

With everyone accounted for, Sunset huffed pleasantly, turning back to Lee.

“Congratulations,” she said, “you managed to not mess it up.”

“I do my best most of the time,” Lee quipped back.

Sunset turned back to face her newest recruits.

“Everyone,” she said, “stand behind me.”

As synchronized as an army, the five men and woman marched forwards, standing alongside Lee while Sunset was set before them facing the doors to the chamber.

“I must try this deck out,” she continued, smiling giddily and despicably, “and you’re all going to get a front row seat to its first run…”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Yurik lied on his bed, his head and his folded arms supporting his head. Taking a sigh, he put his arms to his side and snuggled his head further into the pillow, already closing his eyes to prepare for sleep. At that moment, a creaking door opened his eyes, and moving them down, he saw as Twilight entered his room and hopped onto his bed.

“Hey,” Twilight said, “you wouldn’t mind moving over, would you?”

“Huh?” Yurik mumbled. “Of course not.”

Scooting over to the right edge of his bed, Twilight walked up to the left, setting herself down to her shins and falling over, her back against Yurik’s side.

“Twilight,” Yurik gasped, “what are you–”

“Is it weird on your world for friends to sleep together?” she asked, not moving an inch from her spot.

“No, but you’re comfortable sleeping with me like this?

“Of course. Why else would I be here.”

Yurik smiled as he gently laid his arms upon Twilight’s side, gently stroking the feathers of her wings. Twilight yawned as her wing flared open, allowing Yurik to massage the bar before she folded it back into her side.

“Goodnight, Yurik,” she said. “Have pleasant dreams.”

“Yeah,” Yurik said as his eyes drifted closed, “you too…”

In a matter of moments, Twilight and Yurik were completely still, their comfort allowing sleep to take its hold.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunset Shimmer held her arms out, allowing the six other humans behind her to marvel as her clothes transformed before them, changing from a cloak to a studded-leather jacket and an orange knee-length skirt with yellow and hot-pink stripes, along with knee-high boots with a bright-purple flame decal running up the center. Then, a device formed onto her wrist in a glow of light, fading away to reveal a small, silver-and-black mechanical box with a screen on its surface and a small slot above the top of the wrist.

In her right hand, a large, matching blade disk the size of an average Frisbee with a whole deck in one of its slots appeared. Along with two smaller empty slots beside the deck, a light screen appeared along the back half of the disk’s side.

“And away we go,” Sunset whispered, walking forwards.

Her hands began to glow as a black, smoky portal appeared before her. The other six humans watched as she walked into the portal, which closed behind her once she went fully inside.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight continued to sleep soundly in Yurik’s bed, but her eyes twitched underneath their lids…
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight opened her eyes, finding herself inside a large, cone-shaped rotunda made of royal-blue and purple crystals, lying on a golden circle with a white, crystal star in the shape of her cutie mark in the center. As she looked about her, she found seven thrones surrounding the golden disk, all but one of them having the cutie marks of her and her friends on the top of the backrests of each one.

“No,” Twilight whispered, “it can’t be…”

“Home sweet home, right?” Sunset Shimmer’s voice called.

Twilight jerked her head to see Sunset Shimmer standing with her back to a large window framed by the purple crystals rising from the floor.

“Ah!” Twilight screamed in shock. “Who are you?”

“My name is Sunset Shimmer,” she responded, “and I’d like to play a game with you, Twilight Sparkle.”

“Huh? Sunset Shimmer?”

The alicorn continued scanning over the human girl before her, noting her features.

“You’re a human,” Twilight said. “Why do you have a pony name?”

“That’s not important right now. However, I have brought you here to duel me.”

“Duel? How can I duel you without a–”

As if her device itself was responding to her, Twilight felt a weight added to her left wrist, turning to see her duel disk and blade disk on her arm.

“You were saying?” Sunset replied.

“This has to be a dream,” reasoned Twilight.

“Trust me, this is no dream. This will be a nightmare for you.”

“Nightmare? You… You aren’t the cause of all of this, are you?”

Sunset only smirked as she held her own blade disk up.

“You’re not getting away with this!” Twilight shouted as she detached her blade disk from her duel disk with her magic. “I’ll stop you right here!”

“We’ll see about that!” yelled Sunset as she tossed her blade disk out.

Twilight hopped back behind the thrones and tossed her blade disk, hers and Sunset’s going around the other. Twilight’s duel disk stopped before her chest as the blades of light came out from both sides, forming into solid shapes with the outlined zones upon them.

Sunset’s blade disk stopped diagonally to the right of the left corner of Sunset’s fist, the deck facing diagonally down to the left. Then, a single, white-rimmed blade with a rounded triangular tip and seven zones on its surface appeared from the left end of the disk, forming solid like Twilight’s blades.

The decks in both duelists slots in their individual devices shuffled up, soon stopping afterwards.

“Connection complete,” a computerized voice spoke. “Twilight Sparkle vs. Sunset Shimmer.”

As the two of them drew fives cards from their decks, Twilight looked to Sunset’s duel disk once the life points appeared on the screen on the device on her wrist, noting its familiar design.

“Huh…” Twilight gasped. “That blade. It’s like…”

“Yes,” Sunset interrupted, “Keifer seemed to be useful to me, and then he managed to lose to you. But trust me, I don’t intend to be that disposable.”

“I’ll make you eat those words, you monster! Let’s go!”

“DUEL!” the two of them shouted.

================
Twilight:
LP: 4000

Sunset:
LP: 4000
================

“I’ll take the first turn!” shouted Twilight, a single card glowing in her hand. “I normal summon the tuner monster Mechjic Radium!”

Twilight’s aura threw the card onto her blade, allowing a blue portal to open up and allowing a green android in a glowing green robe to appear from it and onto field in between two of the thrones.

Mechjic Radium
ATK: 1000
Lvl.: 5

“A level 5 monster without any tributes?” wondered Sunset. “I’d like to know how you managed that.”

“I’m allowed to summon Mechjic Radium without tributes,” Twilight said, “but in exchange, I must decrease its level by up to four. I’ll decrease its level by 1.”

The monster shone again as a counter detailing its life-points appeared.

Lvl.: 5 -> 4

“Next,” Twilight said, another card in her hand glowing, “when I successfully normal summon a Mechjic monster, I can special summon this card from my hand! Appear! Mechjic Argon!”

Twilight slammed her card beside the other monster, and another blue portal of light spread out on the ground to allow a slender, purple-robed android to hop out from it.

Mechjic Argon
ATK: 2000
Lvl.: 6

“When Mechjic Argon is summoned this way,” Twilight said, “it cannot be used as material for a synchro or xyz summon.”

“Synchro or xyz summon you say?” wondered Sunset. “That must mean…”

“I now activate the spell card Mechjic Fusion!”

Twilight threw her card into the slot on her duel disk upon her now outstretched arm, the card appearing on the field, showing two colorful android monsters melding together by streams of electricity.

“This card lets me target two Mechjic monsters who are on my field or in my pendulum zones that are listed as the fusion material monsters on a Mechjic fusion monster card and special summon it,” she further explained, “treating this special summon as a fusion summon!”

“Of course,” hissed Sunset.

“The monsters I choose are my Mechjic Radium and Mechjic Argon on the field!”

A black portal swirled into existence from behind Twilight, allowing both monsters to fly in, swirling into impossible length as their physical essences disappeared within. A bright light burst from the portal as a shape began to fly towards the exit.

“Fusion summon!” Twilight declared. “The ultimate future! Mechjic Platinum Cyber!”

Twilight’s gleaming-armored mechanical magician with the ornate scepter leapt out from the portal and stood before Sunset Shimmer defiantly.

Mechjic Platinum Cyber
ATK: 3000
Lvl.: 10

“A level ten monster just like that?” wondered Sunset with a twinge of fear.

“Finally,” Twilight said, revealing another spell card with art of two atom-like structures above the shoulders of Mechjic Platinum Cyber, “I activate the spell card Chemic Convene.”

Twilight put the card into her duel disk, allowing the card to appear on the field for Sunset to see in better clarity.

“This card allows me to place two Chemic Counters on a monster I control,” Twilight clarified, “and so I place them on Mechjic Platinum Cyber!”

The entire chest portion of the monster’s armored glowed brightly, the monster underneath the armor flexing its pecs out as power ran through it.

Chemic Counters: 0 -> 2

Twilight took the last card from her hand and put it in her duel disk, which appeared as an enlarged-face down card behind her shining metal spellcaster.

“I place one card face down,” Twilight declared, “and end my turn!”

Status: Hand: 0 Life: 4000 Monsters: 1 Pendulum Zones: 0 Pendulum Scale:Spells/Traps: 1

“Hmph,” Sunset huffed, feeling calmer about the situation. “Was that all? Perhaps this won’t be much of the challenge I had hoped for. My turn! Draw!”

Sunset looked to her card, smirking as she did. She then took her new card and another card from her hand and revealed both of them to Twilight, showing them to be pendulum cards, one of them having a yellow top.

“I set the pendulum scale with the scale 1 Qliphort Carrier and the scale 9 Qliphort Scout!” Sunset declared.

“Qliphort?” Twilight exclaimed. “What kind of deck is this?”

Sunset ignored her as she threw both of her monsters onto her pendulum zones. Two blue pillars appeared on both sides of Sunset’s field. In the pillar to her left was a massive white-and-orange aerial craft with a computerized ellipse-shaped structure in the front, featuring a green circular gem in its center and a blue and red gem to the left and right of it.

In the right pillar, a mechanical monster whose body appeared to be the ellipse-structure, complete with the red, blue and green gems in their exact places, along with six insect-like legs in the back, a metal prod pointing forwards from up and over its back, and a pointed silver platform beneath its body had appeared. Once both monsters had risen inside the pillars, a 1 and a 9 were put over the proper monsters.

Qliphort Carrier
Pendulum Scale: 1

Qliphort Scout
Pendulum Scale: 9

“Now,” Sunset Shimmer said, “I activate the effect of Qliphort Scout! By paying 800 life points…”

The green gem in the center of the machine’s body, along with Sunset’s own body, began to glow brightly, the latter groaning with pain as life was taken from her.

Sunset’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3200

“…I can add one card with “Qli” in its name from my deck to my hand.”

After a quick automated shuffling, a card ejected from the top Sunset Shimmer’s deck, and upon taking it, she showed the card to Twilight, which was an equip-spell card showing art of eight orbs flying from the decayed armor of a monster and towards a massive flying tree with a giant mechanical board beneath it.

“The card I choose is the spell card Saqlifice,” she said, adding it into her hand.

Just then, the sky outside from the window began to turn a dark blue, much to Twilight’s apprehension.

“And now,” stated Sunset, “with my two cards in my pendulum zones, I can special summon monsters from my hand whose levels are 2 through 8. Pendulum summon!”

Sunset removed one card from her hand and threw it upon her center monster zone. While no portal was visible outside, a beam crashed from the room’s ceiling, shattering it and the walls around Sunset and Twilight.

Twilight screamed as she covered herself from the loose debris, the larger chunks falling down to the ground around the area. Once Twilight opened her eyes, she was greeted to a horrifying sight.

“Appear!” shouted Sunset. “Qliphort Helix!”

The monster that had appeared behind Sunset was a long mechanical ship whose body was two metal spirals, one silver and one gold that sparked with energy. Supported on the front-top end of the spiral was what appeared to be Qliphort Scout without its six side appendages and an orange center gem.

Qliphort Helix
ATK: 2400
Lvl.: 6

“No…” muttered Twilight with quivering eyes. “That monster… it’s enormous!”

Twilight suddenly heard screaming behind Sunset, and as she looked around, she found ponies running for their lives through a rural-esque town of straw-roofed buildings as they saw the massive alien ship float in the sky. She seemed to be eyeing many in particular, including a trio of fillies: a yellow-earth pony, a white unicorn, and an orange pegasus speeding away on a blue scooter, as well as a lanky yellow earth stallion and a portly blue mare. Twilight’s voice quivered as she saw them all flee.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight squirmed madly in Yurik’s bed, bumping into him. As Yurik groggily got up, he looked to the alicorn, noting her profuse sweating in her coat and her fearfully contorted face as she grunted and wept.

“Twilight?” wondered Yurik.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight continued watching the ponies fleeing, tears coming to her eyes.

“This isn’t a dream, is it?” she wondered.

“More like a wide-awake nightmare,” responded Sunset, bringing Twilight’s attention back, “but trust me when I say that your terrors are only beginning! When Qliphort Helix is special summoned, its ATK becomes 1800 and its level becomes 4.”

The sparking inside the structure of the ship clearly began to die down, the lights inside the gems on the ellipse structure softening their glow.

ATK: 2400 -> 1800
Lvl.: 6 -> 4

“However,” added Sunset, “the pendulum effect of Qliphort Carrier increases my Qliphort monsters’ ATKs by an extra 300.”

A visibly heavier charge began to flicker inside the structure of the ship

ATK: 1800 -> 2100

“I don’t understand!” shouted Twilight. “Why would you summon a monster weaker than mine only for it to get weaker?”

“Because that was never my intent!” Sunset Shimmer replied, taking a card from her hand. “I now equip Qliphort Helix with the equip spell card Saqlifice!”

Putting the card into the slot facing her vertically, the recently added card appeared on the field, shining bright as it became active.

“This card increases my monster’s ATK by yet another 300 and prevents its destruction by battle,” Sunset explained.

The monster’s sparking seemed to restore itself to full power as a bright sheen went across the ship’s surface.

ATK: 2100 -> 2400

“However,” she continued, “my monster won’t be staying around long. A monster equipped with Saqlifice can be treated as two tributes for the tribute summon of a Qli monster!”

“What?” Twilight exclaimed. “No way!”

“I now tribute my Qliphort Helix!”

Sunset Shimmer removed her monster from her field and placed it into the slot on the wrist device. She then took a card from her hand and held it up triumphantly.

“Descend!” she shouted, throwing the card onto the now vacant zone. “Qliphort Disk!”

Qliphort Helix glowed into a bright light until it began to morph into a much rounder shape, a violent mechanical whirring accompanying it. The light faded to reveal a new spaceship-like monster in the previous one’s wake.

The monster behind Sunset was about as large and wide as the area on which she and Twilight stood, and it appeared to be a green and blue flying saucer with points at each quarter and hints of yellow and red in the front while the back faded to purple. In the center between two grey half-circles was the ellipse shape glowing brightly blue. The bottom also appeared to have round, pointed appendages aimed at Twilight.

Qliphort Disk
ATK: 2800
Lvl.: 7

“Also,” Sunset Shimmer added, “when Saqlifice is sent to the graveyard from the field, I can add one Qli monster from my deck to my hand.”

Sunset’s deck shuffled up, allowing a card to slide out from the top once it had stopped. Taking the card out, Sunset revealed it to show her opponent a second copy of her normal pendulum monster.

“I add another Qliphort Scout to my hand,” she said, putting it in with the other cards that she held on to.

“What is going on?” Twilight sighed, her voice trembling.

“And thanks to Qliphort Carrier’s pendulum effect,” Sunset Shimmer reminded, “my monster gains an extra 300 ATK, making it stronger than your monster!”

The blue shimmering inside the ellipse grew even brighter

ATK: 2800 -> 3100

“Oh no…” Twilight said.

“I’m not done!” shouted Sunset. “Now the effect of Qliphort Disk activates. When this monster is tribute summoned by tributing a Qli monster, I can special summon two more Qli monsters straight from my deck!”

The grey designs on the top of Qliphort Disk slowly flipped open, allowing two lights to rise out from it and take a place on both sides of the ship. At that moment, two cards ejected out from Sunset’s deck. Upon taking them, she placed them on her zones beside her Qliphort Disk card in a single swipe. Just then, the lights began to grow out, the metallic whirring returning.

“I special summon Qliphort Alias and Qliphort Shell!” Sunset cried out.

The lights finally took their shapes, fading away to reveal their forms. On Qliphort Disk’s right was a ship made almost entirely of crystal save for the jeweled ellipse at the center of the diamond-shaped body, along with the half-ovular wings. To Qliphort Disk’s left was a giant, grey, conch shell-shaped ship with large spikes running along its edges and the trademark ellipse inside the hole of the shell.

Qliphort Alias
ATK: 2800
Lvl.: 8

Qliphort Shell
ATK: 2800
Lvl.: 8

“No way…” Twilight whimpered. “Two more monsters…”

Suddenly, she seemed to realize something as she adopted an angry scowl.

“However,” Twilight said, “because they were special summoned, their ATKs and Levels are reduced, right?”

Sure enough, the lights of the mechanical monstrosities began to power down, visibly weakening.

Qliphort Alias
ATK: 2800 -> 1800
Lvl.: 8 -> 4

Qliphort Shell
ATK: 2800 -> 1800
Lvl.: 8 -> 4

“Yes,” Sunset growled, “but don’t forget that Qliphort Carrier’s pendulum effect raises their ATK as well!”

Lights within each monster, especially in the ellipse structure, began to glow once again.

Qliphort Alias
ATK: 1800 -> 2100

Qliphort Shell
ATK: 1800 -> 2100

Twilight hissed loudly, both angered and frightened by the power Sunset’s deck possessed.

“Hmm,” Sunset thought aloud in reflection, “I suppose a first turn kill isn’t the worst I could have done… Battle!” she commanded with a point of her finger. “Qliphort Disk, attack Mechjic Platinum Cyber! Apathy Laser!”

The pointed appendages below the ship began to glow before they shot two thin lasers out at Twilight’s monster. The lasers pierced straight through the android, burning to holes in its chest and out on its back before the monster exploded in a vicious maelstrom of fire and machinery. Twilight shielded her face from the blast, but it was strong enough to make her scream as the hot pieces of metal slashed at her.

Twilight’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3900
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight screamed as she continued writhing in Yurik’s bed. Yurik clenched his hair and breathed hard, scared for the safety of his friend. Mounting her waist, he grabbed her by the shoulders and shook hard hoping to wake her.

“Twilight!” screamed Yurik. “Twilight! Wake up!”

“What the hell is going on?” wondered Walt, jumping into the room with Rainbow Dash beside him.

“I don’t know!” Yurik shouted. “She won’t wake up!”

Rainbow Dash looked nervously at Walt, watching almost helplessly as Twilight continued to weep and cry in bed.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight stood herself up, sporting a furious scowl.

“When Mechjic Platinum Cyber is destroyed while it has Chemic Counters,” explained Twilight as her horn and her deck began to glow with light, “I can draw cards from my deck equal to the number of counters, so I draw two cards!”

Sunset watched with disappointment as Twilight drew her two cards, holding them up to her face with her magic.

“So instead of using your monster’s effect to special summon a Mechjic monster from your deck,” she asked, “you decided to draw more cards?”

Twilight hissed in contempt.

“It doesn’t matter,” Sunset said. “Whether you draw cards or not, it will be your funeral. Qliphort Alias, attack Twilight directly! Doom Disconnect!”

Two cannons appeared from the front ends of the aircraft’s wings, directing themselves at Twilight. Both cannons fired, the right one shooting a red beam while the left shot a blue beam. The two beams swirled around each other until it became a singular burst of energy. The blast struck the ground before Twilight, throwing her and shards of the crystal from the shattered floor and thrones. Twilight screamed as she was sent backwards.

Twilight’s Life Points: 3900 -> 1800
_________________________________________________________________________________________

As Yurik tried carrying Twilight through the Faber’s hallways, Twilight shrieked and arched her back, throwing both Yurik and her to the floor. Yurik quickly stood to his feet, hoisting Twilight up by her arms. Walt ran up right behind, grabbing her legs.

“This might be easier if I help you,” he said to Yurik.

Rainbow Dash slipped around Yurik and Walt and made it to the bathroom door, opening it so Yurik and Walt could enter. Once they waddled inside, Bette and Clark appeared from her bedroom with Spike and Rarity while Evey came out from her bedroom across the way with Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Fluttershy.

“What is going on?” Bette loudly wondered.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight’s back crashed into the back wall, which still managed to stand against Sunset Shimmer’s attacks. She woozily got back to her hooves, mustering the strength to face her enemy.

“This will end it,” Sunset said. “Now, Qliphort Shell, attack Twilight directly! Spiteful Spear!”

The gem in the ellipse structure glowed brightly before it shot out a triangular burst of energy, hurling straight towards Twilight.

“I activate my trap,” Twilight shouted, “Mechjic Melee!”

Twilight’s card flipped up, showing art of a green-glowing robed android deflecting a fiery explosion with the end of its brightly glowing staff.

“When my life points would become 0 from battle with another opponent’s monster,” she explained, “I can increase my life points by 500 before damage calculation!”

A blue ring formed beneath and around Twilight, a wispy energy seeping from it and covering Twilight’s body.

Twilight’s Life Points: 1800 -> 2300

“With this,” Twilight shouted, “I’ll still have enough!”

The spear struck Twilight, forcing her against the wall of the palace as it broke away. Twilight tried to fight, but it was no use, the pain too fierce to resist wailing.

Twilight’s Life Points: 2300 -> 200
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Walt felt the water filling inside his tub as Yurik and Rainbow Dash continued tending to Twilight, who let out another scream and a painful contortion of her body.

“How much longer!” shouted Yurik.

“We need to fill the tub to submerge her!” he responded. “If this doesn’t wake her, I don’t know what will!”

“I think you’ve been watching Inception too much.”

“Hey, you want to beat her to a pulp until she finally wakes up, be my god-damned guest!”

Yurik refused to answer, only continuing to push and shove Twilight, much to the horror of the humans, ponies, and dragon outside.

“Hang in there, Twilight,” spoke Rainbow Dash, “we’re here for ya.’”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight panted heavily as she rocked onto her four hooves, woozily walking back towards the field. Behind her, the remainder of the wall of what used to be the throne room crumbled away, tumbling down to the ground below.

“Also,” Twilight breathed, “with Mechjic Melee’s effect, if I took at least 3000 points of damage this turn, I can draw two cards.”

Sunset watched apathetically as Twilight’s magic grabbed two more cards from her deck and added them to her floating hand.

“Lastly,” she continued, “during my next standby phase, I can special summon one Mechjic monster from my graveyard.”

Sunset refused to react to this. Twilight looked around at the surroundings of the place, seeing as all of the thrones were completely destroyed, reduced to nothing more than spikes piercing up from the ground. Twilight bit her lip, resisting the urge to cry.

“So you managed to escape with your life this turn,” Sunset responded, “but you better defeat me soon, Twilight Sparkle, because next turn will be even worse for you. I place one card face down.”

Sunset put her card inside the blade disk, allowing the digital, larger version to appear before her on her field.

“During my end phase,” Sunset responded, “the monsters special summoned by Qliphort Disk’s effect are destroyed.”

“What?” Twilight exclaimed.

Qliphort Alias and Qliphort Shell glowed brightly before they exploded, sending parts showering down onto the town surrounding their field, destroying many homes in the process. Sunset stared directly at Twilight as she put her finished monster cards into the slot of the device on her wrist.

“I end my turn,” she said.

Status: Hand: 2 Life: 3200 Monsters: 1 Pendulum Zones: 2 Pendulum Scale: 2 – 8 Spells/Traps: 1

Twilight looked around at the carnage caused by Sunset’s monsters, unable to keep her tears from flowing. Sunset reveled in Twilight’s despair, refusing to watch the destruction of the town and focusing on Twilight.

The purple alicorn could no longer stand it. With a shriek, she charged her horn and let out a powerful blast at Sunset. Refusing to move, the magical energy bounced off the air in several violent bolts, an interconnected design of ten circles appearing where the attack failed.

“That won’t work here,” Sunset said. “The only way you’re defeating me is through this duel.”

“You’ll pay for this!” shouted Twilight. “You hear me?! YOU’LL PAY!! My turn! DRAW!!”

Twilight stood on her hind legs and pointed her hoof up.

“During my standby phase,” declared Twilight, “I can special summon a Mechjic monster from my graveyard with Mechjic Melee’s effect! Now, return! Mechjic Platinum Cyber!”

A bolt of lightning struck down from the sky, the energy drawing to a point just above the floor, forming into the gleaming-armored android from before.

Mechjic Platinum Cyber
ATK: 3000
Lvl.: 10

Twilight kept up her grimace, picking up a card from her hand and revealing it to Sunset: a pendulum monster.

“I place Mechjic Helium on my pendulum zone!” she declared.

With a swiping motion of her magic, Twilight placed the card onto her leftmost zone. A blue pillar rose up on the left side of Twilight’s field, and with it, a green-android with a red scepter.

Mechjic Helium
Pendulum Scale: 4

“I now use the pendulum effect of Mechjic Helium,” she declared, “allowing me to normal summon a Mechjic monster with one less tribute than necessary.”

“Oh?” Sunset cooed, slightly impressed.

“I normal summon Mechjic Neon!” she shouted.

Twilight placed her monster upon the zone beside her fusion monster, and from the blue portal that formed beside it, an android with red glowing armor, a green-glowing cloak, and a purple-glowing staff appeared.

Mechjic Neon
ATK: 2000
Lvl.: 5

“Next,” Twilight shouted, “I activate the spell card Half Life!”

Twilight threw her card into her duel disk, a spell card appearing before Sunset showing art of a Mechjic monster with the left half of its body casted in impenetrable shadow.

“This card allows me to summon a Mechjic monster from my hand,” she clarified, “though its ATK and its level will be halved, rounding to the lowest numbers if either number is an odd value.”

Twilight removed a card from her hand and raised it up, preparing to use it.

“I now summon the tuner monster Mechjic Silicon!”

Twilight placed the card beside Mechjic Neon, and the monster, a robotic humanoid with a shiny staff, armor, and a white staff, appeared from the subsequent blue portal.

Mechjic Silicon
ATK: 2000 -> 1000
Lvl.: 5 -> 2

“A tuner?” wondered Sunset to herself. “Is she going for that now?”

“Next,” cried Twilight, “I tune my level 5 Mechjic Neon with my level 2 Mechjic Silicon!”

Mechjic Silicon leapt up, glowing brightly before its body transformed into two green rings. Mechjic Neon flew up into the rings as they aligned, its body transforming into an orange outline with five bright stars inside of it. The outline faded away while the stars aligned together before a thin beam of light pierced the stars and spread out past the edge of the circles.

“Synchro summon!” Twilight shouted. “Appear! Mechjic Gold Cyber!”

The large beam burst away, allowing Twilight’s gold armored and gold-staffed magician to appear from it, landing beside Mechjic Platinum Cyber.

Mechjic Gold Cyber
ATK: 2800
Lvl.: 7

“A fusion and a synchro user?” Sunset thought aloud. “Very interesting.”

“Also,” Twilight added, “when Mechjic Gold Cyber is synchro summoned, I draw one card for all other spellcaster-type monsters I control.”

Sunset huffed as she watched her opponent draw her card.

“That was an impressive chain of summons,” she exclaimed, “but none of your monsters are stronger than my Qliphort Disk.”

“I wonder about that,” Twilight responded.

“What was that?”

“I activate the continuous spell card Automic!”

Twilight removed the older card from her hand and placed it inside her duel disk. A card appeared on the field showing two Mechjic monsters with their arms held out, electrons flying around them and leaving tails like atoms.

“While I control two Mechjic monsters,” she explained, “this card increases the ATK of all Mechjic monsters I control by 500!”

Both Platinum Cyber and Gold Cyber began to radiate with energy, growling loudly as they felt their strength increasing.

Mechjic Platinum Cyber
ATK: 3000 -> 3500

Mechjic Gold Cyber
ATK: 2800 -> 3300

“And now both of them are stronger than your monster!” declared Twilight. “With these next series of attacks, I will defeat you! Battle! Mechjic Platinum Cyber, attack Qliphort Disk!”

Pointing its scepter at the giant ship, Mechjic Platinum Cyber shot a silvery beam from its weapon which pierced through the ships body, causing it to explode rapidly, the ship falling down towards the earth. Sunset hissed as she saw her monster reduced to rubble.

“I activate my trap,” shouted Sunset, “Qliphoberon!”

A card flipped up to show art of the flying tree with the mechanical base high in the sky, three illuminated Qliphort Shells floating in front of it.

“When a Qliphort monster I control is targeted for attack,” she exclaimed, “I can destroy one Qliphort monster in my pendulum zone and discard one Qliphort monster from my hand!”

In two quick movements of her right hand, Sunset removed her Qliphort Scout from the field and put it in her wrist device, then grabbing a card in her left hand, an extra copy of Qliphort Shell, before sliding it into the side slot to the right of the deck in her blade disk.

“I destroy my Qliphort Scout and discard my Qliphort Shell!” she proclaimed.

The Qliphort Disk on Sunset’s field lit up brightly before it exploded, much to Twilight’s shock.

“But why?” questioned Twilight. “Why would you destroy your own monster?”

“So now when I would take damage from that battle,” Sunset answered, “I instead gain life points equal to the damage I would have taken.”

Twilight gasped loudly as she watched the destroyed Qliphort Disk as it collided with the ground, the entire body suddenly becoming liquid as it bounced up and spun around Sunset, making a soft light emanate from her.

Sunset’s Life Points: 3200 -> 3600

Twilight hissed in frustration, but did not appear deterred.

“But you aren’t going to escape this!” she cried out. “Mechjic Gold Cyber, attack Sunset directly! Amazing Updraft!”

Pointing its scepter at Sunset, a golden tornado shot out from its end, blowing straight into Sunset’s body. As much as she tried to weather it, she found herself hurled back by the blast, grunting with apprehension once her feet left the ground. She landed onto the floor and tumbled down to the edge of the ruined palace room, stopping just before her body could go over.

Sunset’s Life Points: 3600 -> 300

That’s it, planned Twilight. Even though you have another Scout in your hand, you don’t have enough life points to use its effect. And while you have plenty of pendulum monsters to summon next turn, you won’t be able to touch my life points once I activate this.

Twilight looked to the final card in her hand: a trap showing art of a pair of fiend-like monsters being sucked into a black hole that was cast by a Mechjic monster.

Mechjic Prison, she read. When your opponent declares an attack while you control a Mechjic monster, banish all face-up monsters your opponent controls. No matter what tricks you try to pull, Sunset, I will be ready to stop them.

She floated the card from her face and into her spell and trap slot, the face-down card appearing on the field beside her spell card.

“I place one card face down and end my turn,” she declared.

Status: Hand: 0 Life: 200 Monsters: 2 Pendulum Zones: 1 Pendulum Scale:Spells/Traps: 2

Sunset weakly got up to her feet, sporting an angry face to the steadfast and enraged Twilight.

“You certainly are a strong opponent,” Sunset groaned. “It certainly makes sense as to why Celestia would choose you to replace me.”

“Replace you?” wondered Twilight, her face then lighting up with terror. “You don’t mean–?”

“With this next draw,” she said, “we will see who among us was the better apprentice!”

“No… It can’t be…”

“My turn!” Sunset declared, her fingers upon her deck. “DRAW!”

She looked to her hand, a level 10 non-pendulum monster inside of it.

“And just like that,” Sunset spoke, “I have spelled your doom.”

“What?” Twilight stammered. “What do you mean?”

“I place my Qliphort Scout upon my pendulum scale!”

Taking one of the two cards from her hand, she placed it upon her rightmost zone. A blue pillar formed alongside Sunset’s field, and rising up from it was the ellipse mechanism with the sliver platform and the six metal legs. With both scales filled, a 1 and a 9 appeared over Qliphort Carrier and Qliphort Scout as the sky above turned dark blue with the massive star design appearing as well.

Qliphort Scout
Pendulum Scale: 9

“Your life points are only at 300, Sunset,” said Twilight. “You no longer have enough life points to use your monster's pendulum effect.”

“I know full well,” Sunset replied, “but I no longer need it to defeat you. Now, I can special summon monsters from my hand and face-up extra deck whose levels are 2 through 8! Pendulum summon!”

Three cards ejected from Sunset’s wrist device. Taking them all, she swiped them over her blade, placing them all on her monster zones. A red portal opened up in the sky beneath the star, allowing three orange auras to come pouring out from it. The auras burst away to reveal Sunset’s monsters.

“Return!” Sunset called. “Qliphort Helix! Qliphort Shell! Qliphort Scout!”

Sure enough, the spiral-shaped ship, the giant mechanical conch shell, and the ellipse mechanism were all on the field once again.

Qliphort Helix
ATK: 2400
Lvl.: 6

Qliphort Shell
ATK: 2800
Lvl.: 8

Qliphort Scout
ATK: 1000
Lvl.: 5

Twilight scowled, but appeared confident before her opponent.

“Too bad your monster’s ATKs and levels will go down,” Twilight said.

Both Qliphort Helix and Qliphort Shell began to power down, the sparks of Helix and the lights inside Shell dying.

Qliphort Helix
ATK: 2400 -> 1800
Lvl.: 6 -> 4

Qliphort Shell
ATK: 2800 -> 1800
Lvl.: 8 -> 4

“And my Carrier’s pendulum effect increases all of their ATKs,” reminded Sunset.

The energy of the two monsters began to grow, the sparking of Helix increasing while the lights of Shell turning up. The gems inside the ellipse design of Qliphort Scout also turned up brighter.

Qliphort Helix
ATK: 1800 -> 2100

Qliphort Shell
ATK: 1800 -> 2100

Qliphort Scout
ATK: 1000 -> 1300

“However,” Sunset said, “these monsters will not be staying.”

“What was that?” asked Twilight.

“If you thought this was as bad as my deck got, then clearly you’ve grossly underestimated me. Now, I will bring out the card that will end you.”

“Huh…?”

“I now tribute my Qliphort Helix, Qliphort Scout, and Qliphort Shell!”

Sunset removed all cards from her blade in a single wave of her hand. Then, all three monsters floating behind her morphed into white balls of light with black currents of electricity running through them.

“The castle of my kingdom will now come into creation!” chanted Sunset. “It will become the bastion of my strength and the bane to all that dare oppose it’s massive might!”

The orbs spun up into the air before they melded as one. Sunset then took the last card from her hand and threw it upon her center zone. The sphere burst bright, forming four massive legs that descended down just above the ground below and around Sunset and twilight. The sphere of the light extended up and out into a circular platform with a curved structure below it.

The light then burst off of the monster like shattered glass, revealing an ebony and silver colored fortress, the backs of the legs rotating around the field, the inner center, and the ellipse mechanism and tip on the lower pillar surging with rainbow-colored energy.

ATK: 3000
Lvl.: 10

“Oh…” wept Twilight with fear, “my god.”

Just then, Twilight’s monsters became covered with a black aura that made them squirm with agony as the energy weakened them.

Mechjic Platinum Cyber
ATK: 3500 -> 3000

Mechjic Gold Cyber
ATK: 3300 -> 2800

“What?” gasped Twilight. “What’s going on?”

“All special summoned monsters lose 500 ATK in the wake of my mighty fortress,” explained Sunset.

“No… no way.”

“Now, say farewell to the world as you knew it, Twilight Sparkle. Battle, my castle! Attack Mechjic Gold Cyber! Kingdom Crusher!”

The bottom end of the machine’s center tilted ever so slightly so that its tip was aimed right at Twilight below. Twilight tensed up as a laser began to charge at the point. She then let out a toothy sneer, looking to her trap.

“I activate my trap,” Twilight shouted, throwing her arm to her face-down card as it flipped up, “Mechjic Prison! When my monster declares an attack while I control a Mechjic monster, all face-up monsters my opponent controls are banished!”

A swirling black portal began to form underneath the machine’s cannon, spreading wider with each passing moment.

“Now you’re finished!” shouted Twilight.

“No,” Sunset said with nonchalance.

The cannon’s white beam with black sparks fired, blowing the portal away as if it were a mere smog, shocking Twilight greatly.

“Impossible!” screamed Twilight. “My trap should have banished your monster!”

“Too bad for you,” responded Sunset. “When my monster is normal summoned, it is unaffected by the effects of spell or trap cards.”

“Spells and traps? Oh no! That means… even the Elements won’t…”

The beam continued its rapid descent towards Twilight and her defenseless monsters.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Yurik and Walt sat her up against the front edge of the filled tub, ready to let her fall.

“And you’re sure that water’s cold enough?” asked Yurik.

“It better be,” Walt said.

Yurik relaxed his grip, ready to let Twilight slip away.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight looked up at the oncoming beam, and with a frightened squeak, she cowered down with her arms over her head.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“GO!” instructed Walt.

Yurik and Walt let go, and Twilight began to fall backwards towards the water.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Before the beam could connect, Twilight gasped slightly, her hairs raising on end as she felt an odd sensation of weightlessness.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight’s body fell into the cold water, her body quickly submerging itself as the waves splashed over the rest of her, taking her fully under.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight then felt the cold sensation on her hooves and skin, and with a heavy gulp of air, her body vanished from the field as if her body had become an invisible dust that blew away.

“What?” gasped Sunset.

The beam struck the palace, vaporizing Twilight’s monsters and engulfing Sunset in the blast, reducing the rest of the crystal structure to rubble and debris.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight jolted up from the bath water, screaming and crying as she struggled to pull herself out of the tub. Yurik and Walt grabbed onto a hoof and pulled her out. As they gently laid her on the floor, Twilight curled into a ball, wailing uncontrollably.

“Twilight!” shouted Applejack. “What just happened?”

“And please tell me what you ate before bed so I don’t get those scary nightmares too,” added Pinkie Pie.

“Ponyville,” cried Twilight. “She destroyed it… along with our palace!”

“What?” the ponies and Spike all shouted.

“Who’s she?” Yurik asked. “Twilight, who did this to you?”

Twilight continued to bawl, her voice growing hoarse as she coughed water from her throat.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Inside the Canterlot throne room, a black portal opened up before Lee and the other humans, Sunset Shimmer leaping out from it. Sunset tumbled to the floor along with her deactivated blade disk before her comrades. As she crawled to her knees, grasping her blade disk, Zaid crossed his arms in disappointment.

“What a jip,” he sighed. “After all that and we didn’t get to see the end.”

“No…” growled Sunset, “I won that duel. I will defeat her again, and this time, she won’t escape me.”

Standing to her feet and looking up to the ceiling with a vengeful squint, she clenched her teeth.

“We will meet again,” she muttered, “and I will win again… Twilight Sparkle…”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Yurik cradled Twilight with her head resting over his shoulder and rubbed her sopping wet back, appearing saddened by the sounds of Twilight’s sobs in his ear. The ponies, Spike, Walt, Evey, Bette, and Clark all stood around Yurik and Twilight, left with the mystery of just what happened to her.

Author's Note:

Featured Card:

Qliphort Scout
EARTH
Level: 5
Pendulum Scale: 9
Machine/Pendulum

Pendulum Effect

You cannot Special Summon any monsters, except "Qli" monsters (this effect cannot be negated). Once per turn: You can pay 800 LP; add 1 "Qli" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Qliphort Scout".

Monster Effect

Booting in Replica Mode…
An error has occurred when executing C:\sophia\sefiroth.exe
Unknown publisher.
Allow C:\tierra\qliphort.exe ? <Y/N>…[Y]
Booting in Autonomy Mode…

ATK: 1000
DEF: 2800

PreviousChapters Next