• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 593 Views, 36 Comments

A Shady Lie - LuckyBass13



Shady Eclipse has lived a lie, being raised for a wrong purpose. It wasn't long until after a dream showed him who he is.

  • ...
26
 36
 593

A Day to Remember

A Shady Lie
A Day to Remember


Luna's Moon continued its course through the night as the day began to come and in the bedroom, Shady was having a good night's rest. It wasn't long until some signs of squirming started showing as Shady seems to be dreaming of something.

"Mo...Mom....da ....Dad....." Lucky wispered as it catches Fluttershy's attention.

"Shady?"

"No... don't...go."

"Shady, wake up."

"Please......come.back..." With a tear from Shady's eyes Fluttershy can't take it.

"SHADY WAKE UP!"

"AAHH!!" After the shock Shady woke up frantically looking around realizing he's still in his bed.

"Shady, are you alright? You were talking in your sleep and it sound like you were sad." Fluttershy asked

"I I'm sorry Fluttershy for making you worry, It was just a dream."

"Its more than a dream Shady, You were crying" Fluttershy points out as she wiped a tear away from Shady's face.

"Again i'm sorry, its just that *sniff* I can't stop thinking about them, I miss them." Shady said as he puts his hooves on his face to control his emotion.

"Shady I know you miss them so much and it hurts to remember the only time you been with them. But you have to understand that as much as we wanted to we can't turn back time. If it matters, I have a hard time saying goodbye to all the animals I cared for died."

Shady looked at Fluttershy with a sort of understanding look.

"I'm sad yes but sometimes we just need the nice memories instead of the worst to truly move on. If we can't move on from the past, then we'll be forever lost in the present. Please Shady, don't beat yourself for their loss. They wouldn't want you to do this."

"Then what am I supposed to do? How can I get over this?" Shady questioned. Fluttershy began to think of a way.

"How long is the meeting?" Fluttershy asked

"Don't know, It could be maybe an hour or more. Why?"

"Just something for you." Fluttershy got up from the bed and proceeded towards the door. "You should get ready for your meeting, after that try to find me at a place where serene meets grace." Fluttershy exit the room.

Shady with a puzzled look began to wondered where she meant but she was right. Shady nodded, freshen up, and proceeded towards the meeting room. It didn't take long until all the generals and the princesses to arrive, the meeting began. Shady shared his experiences to give an idea of what the building would look like, also explaining the small stuff he found while he was snooping around. After about 2 hours, the plan was set and they plan on executing the mission tomorrow. Shady proceeded out to see Twilight just talking to her friends so he decided to quickly chat.

"Hey Twilight."

"Shady, good to see you. So is everything set?"

"Yes, everything will be set for tomorrow. Say um can you help me with something, Fluttershy told me to meet her in a place where serene meets grace. Do you know where that is?"

"Hmm... If its Fluttershy she maybe at the royal gardens. That's where she hangs out the most of the time while we're in Canterlot."

"I'll try that out, thanks Twilight."

"Anytime Shady."

Shady proceeded towards the gardens to find a marvelous view to behold. The streams of water, the beautiful grass, and flowers shine under Celestia's Sun. Shady nearly forgot to look for Fluttershy after looking at the place. Shady continued down the path to find Fluttershy sitting on a bench.

"Hey Fluttershy!" Shady called out.

"Hey Shady, enjoying the view?"

"Enjoying it? I love it! This place is so much of everything, its even breath-taking."

"Would you like to sit with me Shady?"

"Sure Fluttershy." Shady replied as he took a seat next to Fluttershy. The was a few minutes of silence until Fluttershy broke it.

"Shady, I want to help you try to calm your mind. Help you move on." Fluttershy offered. "Seeing a friend in pain is something I can't stand to watch."

Shady looked at Fluttershy as he said, "So how are you going to do it?"

"I'll take you out to town, You can enjoy much more than the gardens, but you must let me help you. Will you let me?"

Shady thought about this for a second, He was in isolation and had no connections to the outside world. He didn't even know what a restaurant is. It didn't take long for Shady to comply.

"Sure, I'll be glad."

"Good!" Fluttershy hops off the bench while holding onto Shady's hoof.

"Come on! There's so much to do!"

"Whoa!" Shady forced out of sitting and followed Fluttershy to the big city. They continued to the streets to their first stop a fancy restaurant. There they sat down and ate a mean dinner, Shady was confused on what the ponies were saying on the count that they had a hard to hear accent. Afterwards they continued to a showing of the Wonderbolts where they saw a fantastic show and was able to chat with Spitfire and the gang. Then with the Sun slowly setting and the sky turning crystal orange they proceeded to a area in the middle of town to see a firework show where Shady gazed among the display with astonishment, this made Fluttershy happy to see what Shady was experiencing. Then Luna's Moon came up as the duo was at a night dance as they dance some upbeat music which soon moved to a slow dance where Shady Danced with Fluttershy enjoying the moment. It was now late and the duo returned to the Castle as they are about to rest up because of Shady's plan for tomorrow.

"Thank you Fluttershy, for everything you've done to help me in my time of need. I'm forever grateful." Shady said as he bowed to Fluttershy.

"Your welcome Shady, I enjoyed our time to. If there's anything you need, please let me know." Fluttershy turned as she made her way back toward her room.

"Wait Fluttershy." Shady said as Fluttershy turned back.

"What is it Shady?"

"Here's my personal thanks to you." Shady kissed Fluttershy on the cheek showing how much of a friend she meant to him.

"*Blush* Thank you Shady." Hugs were given and they proceeded toward their bed chambers. As the night moved foward Shady was in his bed fully asleep with no sign's of hesitation or squirming. He was now getting a well deserved rest. For tomorrow brings a day to end what little despair he has left.

To Be Continue....

Author's Note:

OMG I nearly cried at this part. But its true of what happens to us when we lose someone important to use. I have to endure this a lot considering I have a big family but I wan't give you much details. The Next chapter will be around the same day as this chapter, in Mark's Side. What's that bad stallion up to? You'll find out in the next chapter until then, SEE Ya!!