• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 593 Views, 36 Comments

A Shady Lie - LuckyBass13



Shady Eclipse has lived a lie, being raised for a wrong purpose. It wasn't long until after a dream showed him who he is.

  • ...
26
 36
 593

An Overwhelming Truth.

A Shady Lie by Luckybasss13
An Overwhelming Truth




Shady Eclipse, an Alicorn that wasn't known for being friendly to others. He was always being away from the other ponies because he was told not to make friends from his father. His father's name is King Mark Shooter, a unicorn King of a Castle with many soldiers at his disposable. Even though Shady wants to, he has to listen to his father even if it was to harsh. For all his life he was studying and training for something. His father never told him what it was that he was training for he always says that it was either for something big or just being prepare for anything. On his 18th Birthday he wasn't given a party or any celebration, he just got a new book, a weapon, and a gold bracer. It wasn't much but Shady guessed it was better than nothing. On the night of his birthday he was asleep just tossing and turning try to find a comfortable spot, after that he was sound asleep lost in his dreams. During one of his dreams he sees a mysterious figure, for all his days as a teen he sees this figure again and again and believed it was nothing but now this time the figure became more clearer.

"Hello? Who are you?" said Shady as the figure came closer. "Stay back, I don't want to hurt you."

"Trust me, you wouldn't do much in a dream anyway." The figure said as it became clearer, revealing it to be the Princess of the Night.

"Luna! What are you doing here?" Shady said as he ready himself for an assault.

"Stay yourself Shady, for I am not here to pick a fight. I am here to tell you a story." Luna assured Shady as he still kept his guard on.

"Look if you came all the way to my dream just to tell me a story I could have read myself a story." Shady smirked.

"Shady the story I'm about to tell you is about yourself. It is the reason why I tried to find you." Luna said with a serious face.

Shady then lower his guard and astonishment that Luna was trying to find him.

"Why were you trying to find me? Why is this about me?" Shady now concerned.

"You are not who you are, you were grown up wrong."

"What are you saying?"

"Shady, your life is a lie. Your Father is not your real father." Luna said with a sad tone.

"I...I don't believe you! I can't believe you! You better leave right now if you know what's good for you!" Shady said with anger and tears.

"Shady, I want to show you something. If it brings anything to light you'll listen to this story, if not then i'll leave and never come back. Deal?" Luna now gambling on this.

"Fine, but this is your last chance." Shady said with doubt in his mind. "So what is it?"

"This" Luna, using her magic, levitated a necklace that had a ruby jeweled heart with a sliver lining. Luna then said. "Do you remember this?"

"I don't...wait...what I, argh!" Shady's head was hurting a little bit from looking at the item. Then a tear fell down from his eyes as he says "What is this? Why am I crying?".

"You memory is remembering a time when you see this item as a piece of your own. A forgotten memory is trying to show itself to you." Luna said with a worried look.

Now believing Luna's words and out of options Shady comes out "Please tell me,if this necklace is really important to me to make me cry then tell me. Who Am I?"

Luna with a smile began "Very well then, Lets begin. It was a night time where at a Royal Castle and it was a month after you were brought into the world."

As Luna said her story the dream world around started taking shape with every detail being what was said by Luna.

"Your Mother and Father, your real Mother and Father was there with you as the night passed on. Seeing their precious bundle looking lively made them feel happy to see their son being happy." Luna said as Shady softly interrupted her.

"So these are my parents?"

Luna nodded, "Yes your mom Dusk Bliss and your father Zing Dawnbreaker."

Shady couldn't touch them but he can tell "Mom.......Dad."

Luna continued, "As they watched you play you mother made you a necklace that had a meaning... i cannot say what it means."

Shady looked confused as Luna then said "Its best for you to remember."

With a nod Shady closed his eyes and focused on remembering on what they said then as he almost had it his eyes opened with a white flash. Shady was now looking up at the ceiling with a mobile in view. Looking at both the Stallion and Mare he can here their voices.

"Shady..." said his father, "You'll grow up to be a fine stallion. You'll do great things with your life."

"Yes..." said his mother, "So I made you this." She then showed Shady the same necklace. "With this necklace it will show how much we love you. Even though we all have hearts of our own, we will always be one big family. Our Hearts are one, we'll be together."

She then put the necklace in a box and placed it in the drawer, with a kiss goodnight the memory faded. With tears overflowing in his eyes he then sees more in his past memories. It was dark and screaming and noises were heard from the hallways a figure appeared at the crib, it was his mother trying to pick him up. With a confused look he sees his mother taking him and running through the halls that had small fires on the walls. We reached outside to find the forest in view, before we reached it we stumbled and fell on the ground. Of course Shady would be crying being a foal but he did see his mother with an arrow in her body. Blood slowly escaping her body she crawled to her baby to try to calm him but soon was found by a black figure. After a scream another arrow was shot ensuring her death, the dark figure appeared in front of the foal and was about to slay him before seeing the wings and horns indicating that he is an alicorn.

"Hmm, maybe you can be of use to me." Said the dark figure as he pick Shady up, with a closer look It was revealed to be none other than Mark Shooter. After that the memory faded and Shady was back in the dream world with nothing but clouds around them. Shady fell on his legs and cried as he now knew what happen. As he cried he felt hooves around him as if it was a hug, which it was from Luna.

"Its okay, I'm sorry for what happened in your past. I know its hard now."

Shady sobbed as he manages to say "What am I going to do now?" As he said he felt something around his neck, it was the necklace from his parents.

Luna then wispered, "That is something for you to figure out for yourself." Luna stood up on her hooves as she said, "If you want you can make your way to Canterlot. We'll help you in your time of need."

Shady sobbed less and showed a happy look he then turn concerned for something else as he said, "Wait, Mark was planning on something. Its time I know what it is. Then I'll make my way to Canterlot."

Luna with a worried look said "Are you sure, what could he possibly planning?"

"I don't know, but it has something to do with me. I'm not leaving until I know what that bastard's up to." Shady Replied with determination.

"Very well, I will see you soon and Shady....Please be careful" Said Luna giving him a hug as she faded away.

Shady then woke up from his slumber revealing the night was still young. He then sat up feeling something around his neck which was indeed the necklace in the dream.

"It was real, then I know what I must do." Shady said as he then got up, unlocked the window as he begin to sneak around the castle looking for clues to what the truth behind all of this was.


To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

This story is going to be a story with a grave start, a staggering middle, with a finisher that will possibly make you cry. I hope this story gives everyone an Idea that not all Alicorns are Mary Sues (Whatever that means.).