• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 2,275 Views, 129 Comments

Pinkie promise - Deadcat



the truth of how rainbow dash and pinkie pie met, and the tragedy that causes them to be the mares who you know and love from the show.

  • ...
4
 129
 2,275

Apple jean

Chapter 12: apple jean

My heavy eyelids began to flutter open. I felt a warm soft mass beside me, and when I opened up my eyes, the color of cyan filled my vision.

I remembered the night before, the night of pleasure

I smiled slightly as I yawned. I nuzzled my head into Dashies warm chest lovingly. I strung my arm around her. For once, I felt comfortable, and safe. My smile stretched as the eyelashes surrounding my eyes closed again.

Then I remembered where I was.

And remembered the penalty for being out of your cell.

I heard the voices of nurses and doctors outside and I knew it was too late.

The door slammed open with force as Doctor Helfing stomped in with orderlies following close behind. Both me and Dashie sprung upwards in surprise. I fell from the bed onto the floor, and when I landed, I saw out little yet sacred scrapbook sitting peacefully. I quickly slid it under the bed, making sure nopony noticed it.

The orderlies picked me up off the floor and held me by my stomach. I tried flailing my limbs, trying to thrash free. But after everything I tried; came with no avail.

The orderlies held the already galloping Rainbow Dash and she screeched in reply. Her worried eyes gazed to me as we were slowly being dragged apart. I assumed by now, they've discovered the truth of our forbidden love.

"What's gonna happen to us?!" The worried pegasus screamed over the commotion. I gave a soft reassuring smile.

"I-it's gonna be okay!" I remarked, unconvinced. "I love Rainbow Dash!"

"I-I love you more." The rainbow filly's tears were flowing everywhere and choking over her sobs, then, the door slammed, separating us, as I was carried down the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The white-maned doctor sat across the desk, with his hooves reclined on the arm rests of his black, leather chair. I glared at him. It felt like that day after we did the sonic rainboom, and were awaiting punishment, only this time, there was no cyan filly beside me.

"So, Pinkamena Diane Pie, how long have you considered yourself a-" he paused and licked his lips, like he had a bad taste in his mouth from the words he was about to say, "-a filly-fooler?" He spat in disgust.
I gasped angrily.

"Why the hell does it matter?!" I interjected, much like rainbow dash would.

"Because, it's just not natural for a mare to like another mare, but don't worry, we will undergo harsh treatment, and get you a normal life as soon as possible." He grinned sinisterly.

I continued to glare at him. How was I wrong for loving another pony!? I just didn't understand.

"I'm not wrong! I haven't done anything wrong in 2 years. You have to let me go!" I begged wearily.
He only kept the same sly smile. He must have seen that I was refusing to show too much emotion, he saw that I was trying to hold in my sadness, much to his dismay. He saw that I was getting better at controlling my emotions, and this shook him to the core.

"Well, first things first, we will relocate you and Rainbow Dash to different rooms, we will have guards stand outside your door at night and have a pair escort you everywhere, and of course we will need to change up your schedules so you won't see Rainbow Dash again." He spoke sternly, but couldn't hold in his giddiness. He loved to see me in pain, HE was the sadistic pshycopath, not me.

The last words he said rang in my head, my legs felt weak and wobbly, my vision began to swim and blacken around the edges, I felt like I was going to vomit, bile rose up into my mouth and my heart sank.

I collapsed on the floor weakly, a sense of numbness surrounded me. I didn't cry, I had no tears left. I didn't scream, I was too weak. I just stared down at the floor, my pupils dilated.

I saw two pairs of brown hooves step into my small field of vision, I looked up to see Doctor Helfing. I looked up at him with my pleading eyes, hoping he would take pity on the blubbering, insane, pathetic, filly-fooling pony. His empty eyes stared at me with with a blunt stare, as he hoisted me up into his arms. I was too miserable to thrash, too cold to care.

He carried me through the hallways, my vision blurred. I could see nothing but his smirking, evil, face. He set me down in the bed of my room and began to restrain me. He wrapped a restraint around each of my hooves.

"We will relocate you as soon as you feel stable." His blurry voice echoed through my ears as a ringing noise followed. The brown unicorn doctor locked the door and orders two guards to stand outside.

Everything was ruined.

The only light in my life was crushed, destroyed, it was maliciously torn apart.

The only happiness I'd ever known had been diminished and eroded into a small pile of nothing

I was nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at the ceiling of my new room, my restraints still tight around my bruised hooves. Somehow, tears had found me, they poured down my warm, dirty cheeks and landed all over me, my hooves were so restrained, I was unable to wipe them away.

The door opened in my dark room, but the restraint on my forehead prevented me from seeing who it was.

When the pony who had entered came closer, I was able to see out of the corner of my eye that it was Nurse Ratchet.

She spoon-fed me food and gave me my medication silently.

"Why did this happen..." I whimpered. Nurse Ratchet sighed and wiped of the tears running down my cheeks.

"I don't know 'Hun, sometimes, things just happen that we can't explain, but Pinkie, everything happens for a reason." She cooed in a slight country accent. Lightly, she ran her hoof through my mane, which was now flattened with sorrow.

If my hoof wasn't restrained, I would have probably kicked something. "But why!? Why could this have happened?! What did I do wrong!?Everything I love goes away!! I don't Understand!!" I screamed as I felt the brown maned nurse continued to stroke my mane lovingly.

"Perhaps, to teach you a lessn'" she repeated. I noticed her accent getting stronger and stronger.

"And what lesson could that be?" I rejected harshly.

She grinned. "That even in the face of doubt, you gotta smile."

I tilted my head (as much as I could with the restraints). I was muddled. Nurse Ratchet must have seen my bewildered state.

"Ya see, even in the face of doubt, you haffta laugh, even if your scared to death, if you laugh, you can take away anyponys power, even Doctor Helfing's. Next time he tells you something that scares you, you laugh, you can't be afraid of what you think is funny." Her voice soothed.

She still must have seen my perplexity.

"Here, lemme put it in a way ya might understand-" she grinned as she began to sing a song
"Giggle at the ghostly, guffaw at the grossly, crack up at the creepy, whoop it up with the weepy, chortle at the kooky, snortle at the spooky And tell that Doctor Helfing to take a hike and leave you alone; and if he thinks he can scare you then he's got another thing coming, and the very idea of something just makes you wanna laugh!" She ended the song in giggles and I joined in on the laughter. The ending of the song was a bit jumbled, which only added to the silliness.

"I think I get it now" I said between gasps of air and laughter.
She slowly got up and walked to the doorway.

"Nurse Ratchet, what happened to your accent?" I inquired.

"Well, Hun, I ain't ever lost my country accent, I'm just good at hidin' it." She retorted with slight amusement, "and you don't haffta call me Nurse Ratchet, you can just call me, Apple."

"Apple?" I asked, to which she nodded.

"The real name is Apple Jean, mah family grows an apple orchard, but the farmin' life ain't ever been for me, so I became a nurse to help other ponies, and changed my name to sound more formal." She blushed slightly as she told her story, "my elder sister, Granny Smith, has her own orchard down in Ponyville actually, perhaps you and Rainbow can visit her someday." She gave a large smile.

Rainbow. I wish she were here. Silence filled the room as I stared deeply at jean.

"Can you be my mother?" I cooed softly. I felt stupid for asking such a silly question, but Apple Jean, was the closest thing I had ever had to a good mother.

"Of course, darlin'" she replied with a smile as she kissed me on the forehead, "Night' Pinkie" and with that, she left the room.

After all, she was the only nurse that didn't call me Pinkamena, the name that I hated. My flat mane had once again, fluffed up.

A talk with Nurse Ratchet- I mean, Apple Jean, has always made feel better the more she spoke.

At least she would never leave.