• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 2,270 Views, 129 Comments

Pinkie promise - Deadcat



the truth of how rainbow dash and pinkie pie met, and the tragedy that causes them to be the mares who you know and love from the show.

  • ...
4
 129
 2,270

Welcome to damnation

Chapter 3: Welcome To Damnation


I woke up feeling surprisingly more comfortable than usual. I was warm and comforted. My ratty hole ridden sheet was replaced by a wooly blanket. I laid comfortably on the mattress and my weary head rested on my pillow. And for once, a slight smile spread across my face. A florescent white light burned the outside of my closed eyelids. Slowly I opened my eyes. 'Oh yeah,' I thought grumpily, 'I'm here.' I let out a mental sigh as I tried to turn around, adjacent to the bright light. But I found myself unable to move. My eyes bugged open as I began to panic. Why couldn't I move? Was I paralyzed?! I took ahold of the blanket with my mouth and ripped it off. The cold air of the room stung my body as I took notice to the restraints holding my limbs.
I began to thrash. I frantically threw my self all around in a sweaty panic "PLEASE!! HELP ME I CAN'T MOVE!!" I screamed. My panic ridden voice echoed throughout the small room. The room was painted an odd off white color and was adorned with painted animals. It looked like a nursery for a new born foal.


Suddenly the white door in the corner slammed open and a old looking mare walked in. She had bags under her eyes and she looked tired and sad, but yet she had a painfully fake smile sewed onto her face. Her coat was a light gray and she had a light blue mane with a red hat on top. Her cutie mark was a smiley face. She seemed strange. Two large and strong stallions dressed in white followed behind her closely.

"Calm down sweetie, it's alright." The nurse softly cooed as the guards fiddled with my restraints, "My name is Nurse Blue Heart," she said with the smile still glued to her face. I stared at her cautiously as the guards freed my hooves. I rubbed them as I saw the deep bruises that formed there. The nurse took fast notice as well. "Oh dearie!" She exclaimed as she flocked to my hooves. "Looks like were gonna need more pads on your restraints!" She said with a smile.


"Why do I need restraints!?" I blurted out.


I had not meant for it to sound that harsh. But the words fell to the floor with a clatter. The nurse just stared at me. Like it was a mess that she didn't want to clean up, like I was a mess. She laughed nervously, "Well someponies don't sleep well and uhh..." She paused looking for the right words, "and well... We don't want them hurting themselves or others," she finished, feeling confident about the question she practically avoided. 'So I hurt other ponies?' I thought with a mental cry. 'How could I hurt other ponies... I just got here?!' The thought caused more questions to flood into my mind. I remembered the trial, but at the trial the judge said that I stayed in prison a few months while awaiting the trial. If I forgot those months...


"how long have I been here?"


I questioned quietly. I Immediately put my hooves to my mouth. 'Did I say that out loud?' Celestidammit. I'm such an idiot!! The nurse's fake smile faded to one genuine one... Of pity. She put her hoof on my shoulder sympathetically


"You have been here for about 2 months dearie"


I gasped. '2 MONTHS!!! How could I have been there for so long and how could I not remember! I thought the trial was just yesterday!' My thoughts raced like a runaway train. The blue haired nurse obviously saw my worry.

"Honey, you have been here for a while, but you have been what we like to call catatonic," she said the last word slowly and made sure to emphasize it, Like I didn't know what catatonic meant. I mean, sure I never went to school, but sometimes I would read Inkie's books. Besides, I was 12 years old! I wasn't stupid! "So now that you're fully conscious, we can begin our treatment!" Nurse blue heart cheered happily. "Now you must always have a nurse accompanying you alright, if you see that there is not a nurse or doctor around you yell and scream as loud as you can so we can find you alright?" She explained. I grunted. I knew at that moment I was not going to get any alone time. But I tried to reassure myself; I'd find away to escape somehow. She then handed me some slippers and a gown and helped me into them. She gestured for me to follow her.


I looked down the clean white halls, they were sparkling and gleaming like they had been washed a thousand times. The smell of chlorine filled my nostrils as I heard the screams of disobedient patients echoing through crystal-like hallways. The hospital reminded me of somepony hiding behind mask, the halls were pristine and the nurses and doctors were professional working, but behind all the cleaning supplies there was an ugly face, and dark secrets. The hospital was falling apart in the sense that there was something going on. I could sense it, and I was just a filly!


The nurse stopped and opened up big oak doors, the doors, like the rest of the hospital, were gleaming and shined.


"Where are we?" I asked quietly.

"Just in the cafeteria! It's breakfast Time!" She beamed.


My knees began to feel wobbly and I felt sick all the sudden. I peered through the oak doors and watched all the other mentally insane ponies. They were twitching and shaking and staring into space, they were yelling and jumping and.... Scary.
'Oh you're one to talk pinkamena, after all you sliced your own father open, and don't even feel bad about it! And you call these ponies mentally insane?' My mind scolded and I was right, I shouldn't be to quick to judge these ponies.
"I killed my father, why are you letting me around other ponies?" I said the words blunt and direct. I could tell the nurses and doctors were gonna jump around and sugar coat any questions I asked, so I might as well be blunt.


"Well pinkamena, social skills are important to develop in the mentally ill, and trust me, you couldn't hurt anypony even if you tried," she chided with a fake smile. I grunted as I reluctantly trotted into the cafeteria.


It looked... Almost normal. I mean if you took out all the stuttering, shaking, twitching, screaming mentally unstable ponies, it would look like a normal cafeteria, although the ends of the tables were padded and the chairs were too, and there was no silverwear. When I asked why the nurse quickly changed the subject. I sighed as I grabbed a biscuit and some water.
The biscuit was dry and tasteless. A meal hardly fit for the homeless, the water tasted dirty but I shrugged it off. After all, at least I was able to eat. I saw all the other catatonic patients having to be spoon feed. I wondered if they had to do that to me when I was 'catatonic'. My eyes drifted to the rest of the dull patients, reminding me much of my dull rock farm. At least the hospital was cleaner. I thought.


That's when something bright caught my eye.


She was another filly, like me. She had a bright rainbow mane that shined like the stars at my old home, she had a cyan coat that seemed to shimmer. She was a large contrast form the rest of the dull patients.
I stared at her for the longest time, admiring her brightness. I noticed she had a mischievous smile on her face. She was planning something I could tell. She flapped her wings slowly as if she were revving her engines.


That's when she looked up, and our eyes met.


Her warm magenta eyes stared into my soul as her evil smile seemed to fade into a look of shock or disbelief. My ice blue eyes stared back at her. The world around us melted, the quiet roar of the conversations around us muted. It was just me and her. And for the first time, I didn't feel alone.


10 seconds later she finally broke the gaze. He head quickly turning back to her plate. I slowly fixed my gaze onto my dreary half eaten food. Processing what had just happened.
'Who was that pony? Why did she seem different? I liked this pony. I wonder if we could be friends. I wonder what she thinks of me.'


"RAINBOW DASH EAT YOUR FOOR NOW!" A loud voice silenced my racing thoughts.


Just then, a rainbow and blue blur shot upwards in my peripheral vision. My head cocked towards the commotion. There I saw the rainbow filly flying at the top of our already high roofed cafeteria. Her nurse was yelling and screaming for her to come down. Some Pegasus nurses were flying up to catch her, but the cyan Pegasus would outfly them. Damn she was fast. Other patients were up on the tables screaming at the commotion. Some were cheering her on.


Suddenly the Pegasus stopped and looked down at me. A toothy grin spread across her face as I continued to stare at her in wonderment. I laughed, but not the insane kind of laugh I was accustomed to.

A real laugh.


Then she zoomed off in a daze flying throughout the lunch room. As the yelling continued, frazzled nurses trying to calm everypony down.
Just then the doors slammed open leaving everything and everypony motionless. They all stared, some in fear as a tall unicorn stallion trotted in. He did not look happy. There was a scowl set across his face. A green aura around his horn matching his green eyes. His white lab coat was sitting around his caramel coat. His gray white mane was nice and slick.

"RAINBOW DASH! GET DOWN NOW OR SO HELP ME YOU WILL BE IN THE TIME OUT FOR TWO WEEKS!" The doctor screamed with all his might.


"catch me if you can!!" The rainbow haired Pegasus scoffed in reply. As she zoomed around and suddenly, she stopped, a golden aura surrounded her she was dragged down by the doctor's magic. "NO!!! STOP!! THIS IS CRUEL, IM A PEGASUS!! I JUST WANT TO FLY!" She screamed, her words echoed through the silent room. Her cry's and pleas bounced of the clean white walls. She was dragged down to the ground as the guards forced her limbs into a straight jacket. She continued to yell and scream as she was dragged out of the room.


"Who was that?" I asked my nurse. She was filing her hooves with a hooffile and seems accustomed to the whole outbreak. "That was Doctor Helfing." She said blowing on her hoofs. I looked at her In confusion. "No no not that one! The Pegasus one!" My eyes looked at her beaming with curiosity.

"That's Rainbow Dash." She murmured. She must have sensed my curiosity because she perked up a little bit "I can't tell you about the other patients..." She accused," but she is quiet the troublemaker, I wouldn't follow her example," I thought for a while and something Doctor Helfing said had stricken me.

"What's 'timeout'" I asked.

The nurse's eyes met with mine and she looked serious. "That's someplace ponies go when they do bad things. When ponies are in real danger to themselves of others, we put them there so they can be alone to reflect back on what they had done" she said. Then her demeanor changed, "but you don't have to worry about that, you're a good pony," she plastered on another fake smile and I did my best to hide my seething anger. I was not a foal! Why did they Insist on treating me like one! "Why are you so taken with rainbow?" The nurse asked as she resumed her nonchalant attitude. I didn't know how to reply to that... Why was I so taken by the rainbow filly?


"Because she's like the stars" I said