• Published 20th Apr 2014
  • 2,058 Views, 45 Comments

More than just a Feathered Friend - MittenPatty



Gilda has some trouble dealing with her new feelings for Dash. Meanwhile, Twilight learns about the magic of emotion.

  • ...
13
 45
 2,058

A Hidden Side to Everything

Chapter 5

Fluttershy flew around her living room, feeding the birds and squirrels that resided in her home. She kept thinking about her descision to leave the hospital. I hope Gilda's okay, I mean now that I think about it, she commited a crime and I left her with the pony she attacked! The Pegasus threw one more hoof-full of seed to the critters, before placing the bag on the ground. She wiped the sweat from her brow and collapsed on the couch. That thing was heavy!

Suddenly, the sound of the front door being flung open was heard. Fluttershy quickly turned to see what happened only to get barreled over by a griffon.

"What the-" the Pegasus was cut off when she got a mouthful of feathers. Gilda hugged her tightly and spun around.

"She forgave me!" she cried. "She's alright!" Fluttershy separated herself from the overexcited griffon and smiled.

"I knew you could do it." she put her hoof on Gilda's shoulder and they both stared at eachother in relief.

Gilda broke the silence with a chuckle.

"This is awkward," she giggled. The yellow mare laughed.

"Your blushing." she pointed her hoof at the griffon's cheeks, which were now glowing pink. Gilda retaliated with a claw pointing back at her.

"So are you!" Fluttershy shoved her talon away and tried to hide her face. Gilda burst out laughing.

"They don't call you Fluttershy for nothing!" rubbing the pink out her cheeks, the Pegasus brought things to a more serious tone.

"So Pinkie REALLY forgave you?" Gilda glanced at her feet.

"W-well I think so," she looked back up at the quiet mare. "Do you think Dash will too?" Fluttershy cringed and rubbed the back of her neck. RD doesn't even know she's HERE. She'll never just let this slide so easily.

"Um, I-I'm not sure," she tried to say it as sincere as possible. "She went berserk when she found out Pinkie was attacked. I can't imagine what she'll do to you if she ever found out" The griffon sighed and looked away.

"Forget it." she mumbled and sulked towards the guest bedroom. Fluttershy could only watch as her friend disappeared and shut the door behind her. What am I going to do?

________________________________________________________

"1,2 3!" Rainbow Dash and Doctor Stable hoisted Pinkie Pie into the wheelchair. Panting, they watched as the pink mare got adjusted to her new form of transportation.

"Do you like it?" Dash asked hopefully as the party pony rolled around the room in her seat. She looked up at the Pegasus beaming.

"I love it!" she exclaimed. The cyan mare watched as her friend attempted to do wheelie's, only to have one of the nurses in the room stop her. No, let her have fun! She desperatley wanted to help the pink mare complete the trick, but knew she shouldn't interfere.

"Well, I'll leave you two to unpack Pinkie's things," Stable informed them as he exited with the other mares. "I bet you're excited to be getting out of this place, young lady." The party pony smiled.

"You betcha!" she squealed. "I can't wait to see Mr. and Mrs. Cake, Oh! I can't forget the twins!" The doctor let out a hearty laugh.

"I love your optimism, Pinkie!" he called from down the hall. Dash waited for the footsteps of the ponies to be gone before turning back to the pink mare. She watched as Pinkie emptied the drawers of her belongings, placing them on the arm of her wheelchair. I can't take this anymore. The cyan mare trotted over her friend and put a hoof on her shoulder. The party pony looked up at the Pegasus.

"Do you need something, Dash?" she chirped. Rainbow sighed and stared at the pink mare in the eyes.

"Pinkie," she became serious. "I swear, I will find whoever did this to you, and-" she was cut short by her friend giggling.

"Oh, silly willy," she snorted. "You don't have to do that! Besides, Gilda already apologized!" realizing her mistake, the party pony clamped her hooves over her mouth. She tried not to make eye contact with the cyan mare, who had become wide-eyed and was breathing heavily.

"W-what did you just say?" she growled. Pinkie didn't answer and started emptying her things again. Dash grabbed her and pulled her away from the dresser, bringing the terrified mare inches from her face.

"Who was it that put you in this wheelchair!?" she raised her voice, causing the party pony to shrink into a ball.

"I-I was going to tell you," she whimpered. "I didn't right away because I knew you would act this way..." Rainbow let go of her with a roar. She spread her wings and took off out the door, pretending not to hear the cries of protest sounding behind her.

"Wait! She said she was sorry, don't be mad!" Pinkie called after the enraged Pegasus. "Please don't hurt her, she couldn't control herself!" But the cyan mare was already outside, and heading towards the Ponyville police station.

_____________________________________________________________

Gilda hummed as she swept the dust from the floor of Fluttershy's cottage. Ugh, these animals are cute but leave such a mess!
The actual owner of the house was nowhere to be seen, as she was taking care of a sick raccoon in a nearby forest. She told Gilda he had a dreadful cold, and needed support at once. So the griffon decided to tidy up the house as a thank you gift for allowing her to stay for a while.

Once Gilda finally finished sweeping, she then proceeded to do the dishes. She chuckled, remembering how Twilight came over earlier going on about a burnt pillow. She probably knew it was Spike who commited the crime, and was just shoving it in his face by telling everyone about it. Guess he needed to learn his lesson.

Suddenly, a knock on the front door echoed through the cottage. Gilda put down the plate she was scrubbing and went to answer it. Maybe it's Fluttershy, back from her raccoon issue. To her dismay, it wasn't her Pegasus friend who had banged on the door demanding entry.

The griffon's heart began to race as the two stallions in police uniforms showed her their badges.

"Gilda "Gene" Griffon?" one of them asked gruffly. She stared back at them in horror.

"Y-yes?" she replied weakly. They stepped towards her.

"Your coming with us."

Author's Note:

Alright, let me explain why this one is so short. If you read one of recent blog entries, you should know that chapter 4 was getting too long and I couldn't fit it all in. This the part I had to cut out.