• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 837 Views, 17 Comments

Sombra's Triumphant Return - GrandSpellcaster



It's been a few years sense Sombras's crusshing defeat and he has been aching for revenge, but with his body destroyed. He's going to need some help.

  • ...
4
 17
 837

Chapter 12: Alicorn's Invasion

Sombra was sitting in his throne room listening to the screaming as the armies of Equestria here flowing through the streets of his empire. He was calm, even as his dark unicorns were leading their small and weak armies against the Equestrian war machine. Twilight was panicking, "They're going to break throw our ranks and then come here and kill us!" She started to hyperventilate.

"Calm down! We'll win." Sombra said irritated with her.

"They've already taken the outer ring of the Empire then they are gonna come here and kill you and try to drown me in there philosophy."

"They will come, but they will not win, as long a you stick to the plan that is."

Mirid flew into the room with a huge crack down her carapace, "Milord the Alicorns are approaching, and the slaves have revolted under the leadership of their former leader Shining Armor!" she shouted with a wild look in her eye's.

Sombra was still calm, "Good. Let them come."

"Why are you so calm!? They're considerably more powerful then yo..." Twilight was cut off as dark tendrils wrapping around her.

"You will never doubt my power again." he said losing his calm demeanor. He calmed down and the tendrils around Twilight receded, "I am prepared."

"Mirid return to the front, delay them as long as you can."

"But milord they are crushing us" She said feebly.

"I know, however I would much rather have you on the front then here facing the Alicorns..." he trailed off to let this sink in.

"I'll return to the front now" Mirid said fluttering away.

"Milord why aren't the Changeling helping us?" Twilight asked once Mirid had left.

Sombra looked confused, "Why would they?" He asked her back.

"Aren't they our allies? They did help you take the Crystal Empire back."

"You confuse a temporary alliance for mutual gain with a full fledged alliance to protect each other's assets. I have never formed one of these and expected it to actually work, so this time I didn't even bother."

"Sombra!!" Came the booming voice of the Alicorns. Sombra gestured to Twilight and the shapes of the Two remaining Alicorn princesses dropped down onto the crystal balcony.

"You have no right to wear that crown!" Luna Bellowed at him.

He gave her a smile and said, "Oh how the mighty have fallen and to think that I was a proponent of..."

"Sombra!! Even now you try to lie your way out of a jam." Celestia said.

"Yes, of course I try, if I didn't then what kind of dark lord would I be if i didn't try to whisper from the shadows" he said giving a hurt look.

"You're not in the shadows anymore." Celestia said.

"True, but I can still try."

"Your words are filled with lies!! Now you will pay for the suffering of the Crystal Ponies!" Luna yelled and shot a blast of her magic at Sombra. The crystal palace grew several large crystals to to protect Sombra.

"Like the improvements I've made to my palace?" Sombra asked with a sinister smile.

"So your palace will protect you now? What of it?" Luna remarked.

"Yes all you have done is delay the inevitable" Celestia said.

"You underestimate the power that I have just shown you. For I have given the crystals a taste of magic, and now they want more."

Celestia's and Luna's eyes went wide, "You didn't!?0" Celestia exclaimed.

"You really are a fool Sombra!" Luna remarked.

"A fool? Just because you weaklings couldn't control the crystals doesn't mean I can't" Sombra said and tapped his hoof three times. A section of the wall fell away and Twilight appeared, she shot a blast of her magic at the ground in the center of the room.

Crystals sprouted up around the alicorns and began to suck the magic out of them. Sombra began to laugh and Twilight joined him, "Looks like I've won! This is my triumph! After all these years I have finally won!"

Suddenly there was a flash and all of the crystals around the princesses shattered. Luna had caused an explosion of power around them. "We must flee" she said falling to her knees

"Yes" Celestia said, using her power to teleport them away.

"NNNOOO!!!" Sombra bellower with rage. He calmed "Twilight use the magic we stole from them and abliterate the attacking forces."

"Milord are you ok?"

"Why wouldn't I be ok? I just tasted victory to have the power of the alicorns ripped away from me. I even began my victory speech."

"Milord..."

"Kill the Equesrtians!! All of them!"

"Milord why are you so calm? Especially considering your loss!?"

"Simple, I stole so much power that we will be able to defeat the Equestrian war machine. Now Use the power to destroy them all." He began to laugh again. "We're going to win"


Mirid was using her magic in conjunction with the unicorn mare's to create a devastating blast to stop the Equestrians from advancing. It was failing and the Equestrians were slowly but surely advancing.

Suddenly it was as though the sun went out for just a split second, then from a palace a dark beam shot and carved a path through the Equestrians. Several more blast shot from the palace, and the Equestrian army turned tail and ran.

A cheer rose up from the crystal ponies that had allied themselves with Sombra and a collective moan rose up from the Equestrians and crystal pony slaves. Mirid looked around and cracked a wicked grin, "We won!", she laughed a little, "We actually did it!"

Author's Note:

And done. Not the best ending but well I had to allow the triumph to exist and possibly set up for a possible sequel that probably won't happen. Possibly. Maybe. Depends if you want to see Twilight learn more, or the Equestrians second attack.

Comments ( 7 )

be honest i want to see the stupid thing deleted. that was an extremely contrived, deus ex diablos ending. it makes no fucking sense at all to be god honset. put simply it was bullshit and enormously, completely forced. it was not even creative, it just makes no sense.

They have won? HA! They did have won. But it won't last forever!!!!!! :flutterrage: King Sombra will fall the next time! :pinkiecrazy: And plus he failed to defeat Celestia and Luna! But he did stop the invasion. But still. He will fail the next time when the second invasion starts.

4463803 its less i would and mor eanyone coming it would see that. i mean seriously, that ending was bullshit. they could have just teleported away to begin with, as the stupid crystals sought to drain their powers. and even then they could have fought sombra with flight and strength. they fell into an obvious trap when it was obviously a trap, they would have known better and been more cautiuos and prepared. they had a damn month after all.

4463825
Sombra was supposed to win (this time)! That's the darn point!

4465622 then craft ascenario where he ould win, witout need of deus ex diablalos o such a blatant natre.

Can we see both??????

Login or register to comment