• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 1,555 Views, 33 Comments

Aldred: The Wizard on the Run - DaringWizard



A mage steals the element of magic from Twilight, but after he reveals a gruesome story, she questions if she really wants it back- or wants him to keep it.

  • ...
7
 33
 1,555

Chapter 1: Mysteries

Twilight awoke in a cold puddle, she had many small cuts and bruises on her front right leg. She tried to stand up, but couldn't. She nearly passed out again, but was then lifted by something warm- a creature she had never seen before- a bipedal creature. It was wearing long black robes like Trixie's, with golden rims. It's face was covered by a silk hood also with a golden rim. She tried to speak to it, but her throat was raw from being out in the rain all night- she had a high fever, and could do nothing but cough until the creature set her down in front of Fluttershy's cottage.

"You never used that element of yours right... for it was not meant to be used the way it is." It said, and Twilight caught a glimpse of it's face- it looked similar to a pony's, but it's ears were shorter, it's nose was shaped different, and it's eyes were a deep, sapphire blue- unlike anything she had seen in the past, a deep blue- with deep sadness in it's eyes. He knocked on the door, and with one swift movement- grabbed the element off her head and ran for the forest, carrying it in his right hand.

"W...wait..." She said, The door to Fluttershy's cottage opened, a gasp was heard, and Twilight passed out.
-------------------------------------------------

She woke up to the smell of warm tomato soup next to her.

"Twilight? What happened to you?" A familiar voice asked, Twilight opened her mouth- and coughed violently.

"Here, eat this, it'll help." Fluttershy said, she spooned some soup down her throat, and after a few minutes, she spoke.

"He... that... *cough!*... thing... *cough!* took my element... *cough!*...Fluttershy... help me..." Twilight said, and she struggled to get up, she focused her magic with stalwart concentration- and healed the cuts and bruises, along with her throat.

She ran out of the cottage.

"Twilight! Wait!" Fluttershy called, but Twilight was undeterred. She ran past the puddle she had passed out in, ran deep into the forest in but a matter of minutes. She stopped at a 5-way fork in the path.

"Best not take the road less traveled..." A voice said- it was the voice of the creature from earlier. She looked down the five paths in front of her- and noticed something moving in the distance of the left-most path- it was carrying her element.

She shot a laser at it- but it missed. The strange cloaked creature turned around.

"That's not going to work." It said, it turned and started running, she chased after it.

She kept running after it for what seemed like hours, she finally caught up with it- only because it had stopped at a tree.

"Hello, Twilight." The creature said.

"Who are you? Give me back the element of magic!" Twilight exclaimed.

"I can not do that, my friend... Or should I say 'Princess'? That filthy title you were given as reward for serving a tyrant? Do you still wear it with pride?" It asked, it looked mad at her. It removed it's hood to reveal it's face again.

"Do you hear me? Are you going to answer my question?" It asked.

"Answer mine first!" She exclaimed,

"Hah... I am Aldred, since you asked." It said, very annoyed.

"Now- what are you?" Twilight asked.

"Don't tell me you've never heard of a human before? That witch sure has done what she can to redact Equestria's history books..."

"Witch?" Twilight said.

"That tyrant on the golden throne- that dark angel- that blood boiling, backstabbing, cowering-! Ugh... never mind..."

"Give me back the element of magic!"

"Give it back? I asked the witch over in that castle the same thing and she refused me time and again! I never stole it from you- I took it back!" Aldred said, his heart was exploding with anger.

"Took it... back?" Twilight said, she now looked confused.

"This crown of yours is what powers those false 'elements'- the six rayed gem on it was a gift from the heavens in itself, the witch-"

"Stop calling her that! And the elements aren't fake!" Twilight exclaimed.

"-the witch sought to steal it's power, she used dark magic to bind it to a crown of her own image. Then, using it's power, created five 'elements' she used to divide up it's power- and send billions of my kind to the void!" Aldred said.

"What are you talking about? These have been in Equestria for thousands of years! Give it back!"

"And yet they didn't look like necklaces or a crown when you first found them- were they? They were stone orbs, were they not?" Aldred said, Twilight stopped to think for a second- How did he know that?

"...What are you-?"

"What am I implying? The witch sought to control the five variable forces of light so that she only could use them- she defiled them with dark magic after banishing Luna ad magnum to the moon for no reason. After which she could not use them- and drank an amnesia potion just to live with herself- didn't you find it weird that she brushed off the legend about her banishing her own sister?"

"How-!? How do you know about-!?"

"I've been watching the carrier of my precious jewel. The carrier of the one thing that can save my life from a curse your kind put on me and my people! My entire race- my entire world was thrown out of balance because of her... we're all the same... we're the walking dead! We're the zombies you fear- we're the ghosts of your past... we're the agonized souls. We're the humans." Aldred said, finishing his sentence calm. Twilight looked on the brink of shedding tears- was what he was saying... true?

"Celestia wouldn't do something like-"

"Bah! You know nothing!" Aldred interrupted.

"I'm not going to let your kind steal this again... I'm taking it back- and freeing my friends." He said, he turned to walk away, Twilight was unable to move.

"There he is! Stop him!" A voice called, and hundreds of equine soldiers charged over the hill, Aldred ran from the scene, leaving Twilight in the dust.
------------------------------------

"E tenebris, et ad dominum redeas!" Aldred chanted, golden chains and locks appeared from the gem on the element of magic and bound it to the crown, Aldred let out a breath of minor pain.

"Ego præcipio tibi, sceleratis coronam solvit!" He said, sounding demanding, more chains and locks appeared and the gem looked locked in place.

"Scelesta, diabolica, nulla creatura est, liberare audeas!" He shouted, more chains and locks appeared, he cringed in pain and let out a yelp.

"Gah-!"

"There he is! Get him!" A guard shouted, time grew slow. He saw them, coming at him with spears, bows and arrows, swords- as if he were the criminal. He put on the crown and shouted an incantation.

"Surge, creatura mea! Surgite!" And the clay ground that surrounded him turned to snakes, they circled him, snapping their fangs at the guards.

"Fly, serpents, fly..." He whispered, and the snakes slithered towards the guards, the guards began to flee, an arrow flew- and struck Aldred in the back.

"Gahck-!" Everyone, the snakes, the guards, stopped to watch the boy fall to his knees, he then looked up to the heavens and cried out.

"Draco! De stellis! Ego te! Te invoco! Lubeo te venit!" And a golden light descended from the stars and engulfed him- he shot up from the ground and the arrow fell from his back, He outstretched his arm in front of himself and created a wall of fire between him and the guards to his front, he threw his arm to the right and sent boulders flying and created another wall, finally, he threw his arm to the left- and water from a river came crashing down on the guards to his left. Before they could do anything he ran from the scene.
------------------------------------

He stopped at a creek with moss covered rocks in the water. He had been running all the way to the edge of his map of the forest- beyond that was unmapped territory. He put his hands on his knees and inhaled and exhaled rapidly, trying to catch his breath. He then fell to his knees and crawled over to the creek. He dipped his hand in to take some of the fresh water to his lips, as it fell down his throat, he got chills. He looked down at the element of magic, laying to his right.

"Why... why won't you open up!?" He asked, the gem on the crown glowed, almost as if responding to him.

After all these years... it's right next to me and I still won't be able to get it back... He thought, he picked it up and walked down a dirt path to a small hut hidden by leaves and branches.

Author's Note:

Be sure to comment!