• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 1,555 Views, 33 Comments

Aldred: The Wizard on the Run - DaringWizard



A mage steals the element of magic from Twilight, but after he reveals a gruesome story, she questions if she really wants it back- or wants him to keep it.

  • ...
7
 33
 1,555

Prologue

Celestia stood at the edge of the forest, knowing that her student had gone in earlier, and had never come out. She decided to take it upon herself to look for her, and therefore, protect the element of magic. As she descended into the dark, misty woods, she found that it wasn't at all as cold or gloomy as she remembered. It felt peaceful and quiet. As she descended the path, rain began to fall from the sky and mercilessly drench her, but it did not hurt her determination. As she approached the ancient temple where the elements were first found, she heard a voice.

"Looks like death wasn't ready for you yet." Celestia froze as a young man, seeming just out of high school, walked out from behind a pillar.

"Aldred-!?" Celestia coughed out.

"Surprised to see me, witch? Like the events that taints the both of us, yes, I have come back, yet again!" He said, giving Celestia a look of veritable anger.

"I thought you were dead..." Celestia said, she walked towards him with tears streaming from her eyes- as if she wanted to wrap him in her embrace, but instead was met by the tip of a sword.

"Don't come any closer or I will run you through." He said, Celestia stared in shock, then, she backed up.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Are you going to kill me too?" He said in a low tone, Celestia looked horrified.

"N-No!"

"What about that whole 'I am going to wipe out your circle if it's the last thing I do!', what happened to that? Kill me coward, you're just going to end another human 'pesk'!"

"I...I... I never..." Celestia was trying her hardest to find words, only to sink into the void of her mind.

"Well? Go ahead! Kill me- kill me like you killed my parents!" He said, rage glowing his eyes, Tears streamed from Celestia's eyes again.

"I... I... If I didn't... they would've destroyed the elements of harmony... I didn't even mean to kill them!"

"I have no use for lies, Celestia- you killed my sister by 'accident' as well. I've not been dead, but only sleeping- angrily. Waiting for the proper moment to wake up- to take back what's rightfully mine... and currently I have half of it."

"What?" Celestia asked, her tears stopped swelling at her eyes, and she had a blank expression on her face.

"You took my sister's life away... I gave it back."

"You... what?" She answered, backing away from him.

"Would you like to meet her? She has nothing against you, so, I won't take part in the 'reunion'..." He lowered his sword and began to walk, then he stopped when Celestia spoke.

"But... she's gone..." Aldred turned to look at her, she looked distressed and very confused.

"Not so fast..." Aldred said, Celestia blinked.
-------------------------------------------------

They stepped through a door inside a building buried deep within the forest, it was brightly lit with candles along the walls, and a massively sized, metal tube stood there, a soft song was playing over a radio.

"This is my life's study. My own golem of Prague- it's neither a medium nor a zombie, but a homunculus. A complete person in the fullest sense of the words." Aldred said, a voice came from the tube.

"Is someone there?" It asked, Celestia looked at it shocked.

"C-Cyra?" She coughed out.

"Go ahead and go up there... but don't try anything foolish. As long as we're in here, I can reduce you to ash at the press of a button." Celestia started for the stairs leading up to the metal tube.

"Who are you?" A soft girl's voice asked. Tears began to stream from Celestia's eyes again as she ascended the stairs.

"...An Alicorn..." It said.

"...A... princess...?" It continued, the tube raised up to reveal a smaller glass tube within it, inside was a waxy-looking ball floating in water.

"C-Cyra? Is that you?" Celestia asked.

"I call it the E-H pod. Capable of acting as a second body for someone who is dead."

"E-H?"

"Equine-Human, as it can sustain both species." Aldred said, still with lingering anger on his face.

"As I said before, your kind took her life away- I gave it back. And it's because I can only create one of these things that I can't do the same for my parents. I'm undoing the damage done to my family."

"...This magic was lost a millennia ago!" She exclaimed.

"Who are you?" The voice repeated.

"Cyra, give us a second." Aldred said, he turned to Celestia.

"You tried to wipe this system off the face of both the worlds- but your little memory charm wore off. We remembered how to do these things- much to your despair I imagine." Aldred said, giving Celestia a mean grin.

"N-no... I'm sorry that this happened... I actually regretted-"

"Regretted what? Burning most of our magic books? Trying to enslave us?"

"I never tried to enslave you! Who started that in the first place? And I didn't even order the burning of your books!"

"...It matters not." Aldred said.

"It matters to me! I never meant for any of this to happen!" Celestia said, her face soaked with tears.

"Why not you ask her opinion- see if she agrees with you, Celeste?" Aldred said.

"Celeste..." The voice said again, the waxy ball began to shape itself into a small unicorn.

"Celestia...?"

"Cyra-!" Celestia coughed out, she stepped inside the borders of the metal tube, and it descend over the two of them. Aldred watched as the veil covered the glass tube and the form of his adopted sister.

"Why'd you come back?" The voice asked, confused and somewhat excited. Aldred could hear the conversation- he looked disappointed.

Author's Note:

Tell me what you think in the comments, this is only the prologue, expect much more in the later chapters!