• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 1,580 Views, 32 Comments

Friendship is Shining: Bridle Rumors - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



Ponyville acts weird when something visits from The Everfree Forest.

  • ...
0
 32
 1,580

Ever-fearful Edge

"Come on Twilight," Apple Bloom shouted, "we're almost to The Everfree Forest."

Twilight ran after Apple Bloom, doing her best to keep up with her friend. The young unicorn started to slow down as they got closer to the forest. Her eyes went wide as she stared up at it, stopping just at the edge.

Apple Bloom ran in, following the path she had found yesterday. She smiled as she looked back toward her friend, and stopped when she realized she was alone.

"Twilight," Apple Bloom said as she went back toward the edge, "come on."

"...Maybe this isn't such a good idea," Twilight said. "I mean maybe we should get help. Like Pumpkin and Pound Cake."

"They're all the way back at Sugarcube Corner."

"We could go get them." Twilight grinned. "We could even have a snack first." She looked at the forest again, ears dropping. "And maybe we could bring some treats for the creatures in there to eat instead of us?"

"Come on Twilight," Apple Bloom said with a snort, "we need to hurry. Stop being so scared."

"I'm not scared," Twilight huffed. She straightened up and puffed out her chest. "I'm properly cautious. There's a big difference."

"Apple Bloom!" a voice called. "You get out of that forest this instant. You hear me?"

The two fillies blinked in confusion, looking around.

"Applejack?" Apple Bloom asked. "Where are you?"

"Up here," Applejack said. She stood on top of Apple Bloom's head, holding onto the bow and looking down. "Now, get your flank back over to the library."

"...No."

"What?" Twilight and Applejack both called out in surprise.

"Now you listen here!" Applejack continued. "I am your big sister and-HEY!"

Apple Bloom tilted her head to the right hard, causing Applejack to fall. The filly reached out a hoof and caught the miniaturized mare before setting her on the ground.

"Sorry Applejack," the filly said as she turned around, "but I'm the big sister now, so you can't tell me what to do. C'mon Twilight." With that, she started walking deeper into The Everfree Forest.

"Twilight Sparkle." Applejack moved to stand in front of the unicorn filly. "If you go in there with her, you will be in so much trouble with your brother."

"I'm sorry," Twilight said, "but she might need my help. Besides, while I want a big sister, I don't want to Shining Armor to be stuck like a girl." She ran into the forest, chasing after Apple Bloom.

"Ah, pony feathers," Applejack grumbled, kicking at a rock in front of her. Normally it would be such a small pebble she would not even notice, but at her diminutive three inches, it was pretty good kicking size. Going after them like this would do no good. Not only was it impossible for her to catch up, but she would pretty much be a bite-sized morsel for anything that would attack them.

Her best chance would be to try and find a way to the others and tell them what happened. Hopefully she would be able to find a pony nearby that could carry her, but she could probably use a dog, rabbit, or even a squirrel to get there quicker. Kind of made her wish she had Winona with her. There was a dog that knew how to listen to a pony.

With no alternative for the moment, Applejack started walking back through the field and toward the road. It was not something she was looking forward to seeing how massive the field now seemed.

That no good Zecora! she thought. Making me small like this. When I get my hooves on her I'm going to show her what I think of her and her curses.

She stopped as a shadow overcame her. Looking up, she saw the looming figures of her friends.

"Oh thank Celestia," Applejack said. "Am I glad to see y'all. Apple Bloom and Twilight have gone into the forest after Zecora. We need to get them back before she turns them into a stew or somethin'."

"She's not..." Shining Armor groaned and rubbed his forehead. "Oh forget it. Come on." He picked up Applejack. "Let's get find Zecora and get this dealt with."

The six of them then stepped into the Everfree Forest and started down the path from yesterday.